• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train train train. Join up.

Shadow Price is good. I have one with counterbalance, persistence and perfect balance.

According to netduma apparently we're playing against somebody in the Bermuda triangle.

Anybody who tried both the Palin and Hawkmoon, doesn't the former feel better to use? At least it is for me.

Some stuffs getting unnerfed

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/222418147?sort=0&page=0

tldr

C4-fDarXUAEYleW.jpg

I really missed when Red Death was my primary go-to.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey Destiny GAF,

I'm back with some more noobish questions! Hope you don't mind.

I skipped playing crucible and mainly did story until I beat all of the OG stuff. I beat the Black Garden and the dlc stuff like Wolves.

Now I'm doing Taken King story quests, but I also started sprinkling in some PvP. This has been giving me quite the EXP boost.

Problem is I'm sorta at a loss on what to do for gear. Last quest I did was finding that crystal shard with crota essence. I'm currently level 37 on my way to 38?

Feels like I'm gonna hit the level cap way before I even remotely finish TTK non raid stuff.

I also feel like my primary wep, scout rifle, sucks compared to the rest of my gear and especially my level. It's like only 157dmg.

Another thing is I have a ton of random materials and items and shit I haven't ever used. Stuff like strange coins and the like.

Should I just keep plugging along and take the drops as I come in story? If I hit 40 is there an easier way to get some better gear while also just progressing through the SP missions?

What should I be doing GAF?

PS: Inventory/gear

hitting 40 fast is normal, the main thing of the game is grinding gear to get you to 400 light. what's your light level right now? stuff like relic iron and spirit bloom are for upgrading gear and weapons and you'll need them down the road. strange coins is use for buying stuff from the weekly visiting Xur NPC (he shows up every week from Friday morning to Sunday morning). you won't get super good gear in SP mission and you'll want to start grinding strikes, heroic ones to be exact.

Mindlog

I'm LL 174? Is that good or bad for where I'm at in the game?
Probably fine. LL does a pretty good job of increasing steadily no matter what you play.

Also, as you are climbing always equip the highest LL gear you have above all other considerations. Kind of a downer to use some stuff you don't like, but you won't be holding onto it for long and it will help you progress faster. As you crest 350+ you can start being more selective, but I would honestly ride the dump everything and don't infuse until 380+ unless you find something with an incredible roll which can be tricky to determine.

When you get to that point in the story the Forge is probably a fantastic place to get gear. Just have to be careful when entering the instance to find one that is populated.

If I hit 40 is there an easier way to get some better gear while also just progressing through the SP missions?

Once you're able to earn Legendary Marks you can use them to buy 350LL gear (make sure you've got a faction pledged!) which will let you jump pretty quickly just by doing the strike playlists.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Once you're able to earn Legendary Marks you can use them to buy 350LL gear (make sure you've got a faction pledged!) which will let you jump pretty quickly just by doing the strike playlists.

I'm New Monarchy if that's what you mean. I'm not sure how much faction rep I have though. :/

CLBridges

Sidearms everywhere, handcannons pretty accurate at range, auto rifles viable and scouts doing what they do. I know that further tweaks would be great but after spending time in PvP after patch, I'm not mad at this current PvP era. My one self serving wish though would be to bring Hawkmoon to it's year one goodness, oh well.

not too bad

fuck fusion rifles absolutely no skill involved and purely irritating

Not sure what you're going on about. Fusion Rifles are widely considered the worst special weapon. Don't you think a no skill weapon that one shots players would be top tier?

Of course it would. The fact of the matter is Fusion Rifles take more skill than shotguns, bar none. Arguably Snipers take more skill. And Side Arms have just come into their own with the patch last week. I wouldn't personally consider Side Arms that skillful.

But I would say Fusion Rifles take a fair amount of skill in the special weapons slot. But I'm very biased because I love Fusion and thats about all I use. I used Shotguns all of year 1 though.

Number45

it's just irritating to get killed by a fr and they don't belong in pvp imo
I don't get this. Aside from the quick switch perk from Plan C it's easy to tell when someone is charging near you and take defensive action - they're beaten by shotguns and close range and pretty much everything else at longer ranges.

I love using them, but not because they're OP. I just like having to predict and pre-fire to get my kills. Plus the death animations are the most satisfying in the game and they sound great.

Sidearms everywhere, handcannons pretty accurate at range, auto rifles viable and scouts doing what they do. I know that further tweaks would be great but after spending time in PvP after patch, I'm not mad at this current PvP era. My one self serving wish though would be to bring Hawkmoon to it's year one goodness, oh well.

The only problem with PvP right now is that when someone has a super, you're fucked unless you also have a super.

And when some asshole titan has shotgun ammo and you don't, good luck killing the dude as he skates to you off spawn while his butt buddy sits in the back cross mapping you.

it's just irritating to get killed by a fr and they don't belong in pvp imo

The don't belong in pvp...... What?

Shotguns one hit kill at range. Snipers one hit kill with head shot. Fusions one hit kill with a full charge and proper range. All three have limitations but excel at their range and stipulation. What about them makes them so op for pvp? You have yet to give a reason. It's literally a highly nerfed spartan laser from Halo. Please explain, rather than just saying they are frustrating and op.

Again, I have to reiterate that the vast majority of Destiny players do not use Fusions because they are considered underpowered.

The only problem with PvP right now is that when someone has a super, you're fucked unless you also have a super.

And when some asshole titan has shotgun ammo and you don't, good luck killing the dude as he skates to you off spawn while his butt buddy sits in the back cross mapping you.

This is my issue with all the changes, games are becoming unbalanced purely because you died at the wrong time, or spawned up and theres 30+ seconds on a special box

oh a side note (and away from all the PvP problems), what are some good way to solo from 390 to 400 if I can't do raids that often? and also, if I want to farm for exotics, what's the best way to do it right now? does the 3 of coins still have a cool down or can I spam it in fights with multiple utlra mobs at boss fight? I was checking out some YouTube videos and they mentioned doing the Iron Tomb fight and just pop a coin before each of the bosses. but then I remembered about the whole cool down thing and I'm confused again. does the cool down on 3 of coins work differently then I remembered?

Mindlog

That's how they are going to balance PvP, the special ammo economy and Skorri.
"All Supers now take 50% longer to charge and gain 50% less charge from kills."
oh a side note (and away from all the PvP problems), what are some good way to solo from 390 to 400 if I can't do raids that often? and also, if I want to farm for exotics, what's the best way to do it right now? does the 3 of coins still have a cool down or can I spam it in fights with multiple utlra mobs at boss fight? I was checking out some YouTube videos and they mentioned doing the Iron Tomb fight and just pop a coin before each of the bosses. but then I remembered about the whole cool down thing and I'm confused again. does the cool down on 3 of coins work differently then I remembered?
If you are in a hurry to get exotics then the Iron Tomb is where you want to be. The cooldown makes farming with coins less efficient, but you are stilll going to be farming faster than in other activities.

The fastest way from 390-400 right now might be Heroic Strikes. Pop a coin when necessary (don't worry about the cooldown) and use skeleton keys to open chests that may contain something from your lowest light level slot. Simultaneously you should be completing the weekly vanguard bounties from Zavala which also net you great gear.

If you are in a hurry to get exotics then the Iron Tomb is where you want to be. The cooldown makes farming with coins less efficient, but you are stilll going to be farming faster than in other activities.

The fastest way from 390-400 right now might be Heroic Strikes. Pop a coin when necessary (don't worry about the cooldown) and use skeleton keys to open chests that may contain something from your lowest light level slot. Simultaneously you should be completing the weekly vanguard bounties from Zavala which also net you great gear.

thanks, I'll give it a try when I have the chance.

so just out of curiosity, how exactly does 3 of coins work now?

I really think there was something sinister behind the health re-gen nerfs. I do not believe it was an accident, and those notes kind of prove it. The subtle" we paid close attention" stuff is just BS.

I am in shock that you guys are not outraged, that we just took part in an experiment that was intentional, and that I believe we were all lied to.

How is there not outrage? We were all played like fools. How can there not be backlash. Did you read those notes? They knew exactly what they were doing. "some of the inadvertent changes might be a good thing."

Dude we got played...................

FyreWulff

I really think there was something sinister behind the health re-gen nerfs. I do not believe it was an accident, and those notes kind of prove it. The subtle" we paid close attention" stuff is just BS.

I am in shock that you guys are not outraged, that we just took part in an experiment that was intentional, and that I believe we were all lied to.

How is there not outrage? We were all played like fools.

You've officially thought too far into it.

You've officially thought too far into it.

"some of the inadvertent changes might be a good thing."

This is the biggest giveaway..............They lied and it was intentional.

I am fuming right now, they are not rolling back everything as it was intended, they lied. There should be a formal inquiry into this patch. Red Death just lost its only purpose. How does the community not rise up to not let them get away with this?

There should be a formal investigation.

FyreWulff

nope

legit bug, but since it was there, they playtested it anyway and collected data on the encounters to see how it shook out

never let data go to waste

nope

legit bug, but since it was there, they playtested it anyway and collected data on the encounters to see how it shook out

never let data go to waste

This was their way to implement sweeping changes, without an uproar, it was very sly, yet pretty dirty. I am in utter shock after reading those notes. Shock.

I think players should always spawn with 3 rounds in their special regardless of how many they have when they die. That would at least let them challenge supers and other players off of spawn.

Otherwise, I don't dislike the majority of what I've seen in Crucible right now, barring some remaining class things (fuck Axion Bolts)

I am fuming right now, they are not rolling back everything as it was intended, they lied. There should be a formal inquiry into this patch. Red Death just lost its only purpose. How does the community not rise up to not let them get away with this?

There should be a formal investigation.

Remember that 0.04% thing? Yeah. We already know Bungie isn't always honest with us. What can you do other than not play the game?

Top Bottom