• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ZeoVGM

Banned
Z7HeRxU.png

It didn't even make sense. It broke literally nothing. People were using Gjallarhorn most of the time anyway. It didn't allow cheesing on any specific bosses. It wasn't a huge pain in the ass in Crucible.

Seriously, what?

Dthomp

It didn't even make sense. It broke literally nothing. People were using Gjallarhorn most of the time anyway. It didn't allow cheesing on any specific bosses. It wasn't a huge pain in the ass in Crucible.

Seriously, what?

It's going back to 2 in the next update

Dthomp

Well, I have learned that I am hella rusty in the old PVP grounds. That and I like all the changes other then side arms, way too much ammo and not entirely sure why they get to spawn with it in the first place

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. Pretty fun train.

Snipe them at then spawn.

ghghghg1c2aa.gif

ghghghghg.gif

Got a god roll party favor. It feels good to use and hits hard but it runs out of ammo super fast.

Well, I have learned that I am hella rusty in the old PVP grounds. That and I like all the changes other then side arms, way too much ammo and not entirely sure why they get to spawn with it in the first place

Good games everyone. Pretty fun train.

Snipe them at then spawn.

ghghghg1c2aa.gif

ghghghghg.gif

Got a god roll party favor. It feels good to use and hits hard but it runs out of ammo super fast.

all I know is that once again I'm reminded of how terrible I am in PVP lol

Not particularly, all ships are cosmetic, but collectors like to try and get everything from the game and it's been years since it was last sold so it was the last ship a lot of people needed.

lol I see. kinda funny that in both Warframe and Destiny, 2 games I currently playing the most, the end game both seems to be fashion.

also, just a question: The Last Word, No Land Beyond, Here After, Telesto, Thagomizers, and Frost-EE5 are all just RNG luck to get right? and The Chaperone's quest requires The Last Word to start, correct?

Anyone want to run me through the wrath of the machine raid on normal? I'm on xbox one, light level 387 hunter. I've finished the previous raids, but have never done the newest one. I'm on xbox one, devon the dude.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OK Destiny GAF I'm back with more noob questions.

So I just beat the main TTK story quest line.

Now I beat that, and I went and talked to the 3 people on the tower to turn the quest completion in and get my gear. Then I got a couple new quests from people around the table.

Should I be doing those quests? I also have some random Petra quest The Taken War, but it acts like I should be going back to Earth to some like lvl 4 zone or something?

Should I be doing Rise of Iron shit now? Idk it was much less confusing before. I beat the OG quest and finished Dark Bellow + Wolves. Then at 25 TTK unlocked.

Now I'm sorta overwhelmed. Plus I did some PvP which helped level me up, but I don't think my gear/LL is up to par with my level? I'm LL 194.

Help me Destiny GAF. You're my only hope.

OK Destiny GAF I'm back with more noob questions.

So I just beat the main TTK story quest line.

Now I beat that, and I went and talked to the 3 people on the tower to turn the quest completion in and get my gear. Then I got a couple new quests from people around the table.

Should I be doing those quests? I also have some random Petra quest The Taken War, but it acts like I should be going back to Earth to some like lvl 4 zone or something?

Should I be doing Rise of Iron shit now? Idk it was much less confusing before. I beat the OG quest and finished Dark Bellow + Wolves. Then at 25 TTK unlocked.

Now I'm sorta overwhelmed. Plus I did some PvP which helped level me up, but I don't think my gear/LL is up to par with my level? I'm LL 194.

Help me Destiny GAF. You're my only hope.

If the quest asks you to get back to some early zones, chances are there will be a "dungeon" there with high level mob for you to fight, so go ahead. if you're having difficulty with the fight, then maybe do some grinding and get better gear and level up first.

if you need help, I'll be on tonight for any shenanigans so just msg me on PSN, Beholder-Y, and I will join you if I can.

one of us! one of us!

Probably not gong to get Destiny on it cause I really don't know if I can withstand going through all that again. Depending on how I like the PS4 will determine if I chose to continue Destiny 2 (?) on it or the One, but as of right now the exclusives for the One in comparison to PS is just embarrassing.

Probably not gong to get Destiny on it cause I really don't know if I can withstand going through all that again. Depending on how I like the PS4 will determine if I chose to continue Destiny 2 (?) on it or the One, but as of right now the exclusives for the One in comparison to PS is just embarrassing.

yeah, sadly XBO dropped the ball time on this gen. wonder if you can transfer account across preform if you ask for it lol

in any case, go to the PS4 must have games thread (there was like a few of them already I think) and start from there.

also, just a question: The Last Word, No Land Beyond, Here After, Telesto, Thagomizers, and Frost-EE5 are all just RNG luck to get right? and The Chaperone's quest requires The Last Word to start, correct?

quoting myself on these questions. just want to know if I should do more exoctic farms.

Dez_

quoting myself on these questions. just want to know if I should do more exoctic farms.

Yes, the Chaperone is a specific quest-line that starts with you having to get a bunch of crucible kills with The Last Word. All of the other exotics listed above are RNG, or whenever Xur sells them.

yeah, sadly XBO dropped the ball time on this gen. wonder if you can transfer account across preform if you ask for it lol

in any case, go to the PS4 must have games thread (there was like a few of them already I think) and start from there.

Doubt it, or else Sony would see an giant influx in account transfers. Its fine, though. I just renewed my life last month so M$ has this year to make something worth it for me.

I havent owned a PS since the 2 cause I hated the D-pad, I even had a purple madcatz controller which had the circular D-pad and carried it everywhere in case someone wants to stunt with their PS2 at they crib that NO ONE was allowed to use (I had 3 other base controllers).

I'll try to find that thread. So far my list of PS4 games are:

1. The Last of Us
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. TBD
  4. TBD
  5. TBD
  6. TBD
  7. TBD
  8. TBD
  9. TBD
  10. TBD
  11. TBD
  12. TBD
  13. TBD
  14. TBD
  15. TBD

Mindlog

Must Get: Bloodborne
Avoid: Infamous Second Son
Fun: Resogun
Telesto is Besto.
No Land Beyond is a PvP staple until Icebreaker completely takes over when NLB/sidearm ammo is nerfed.
Last Word is still spoken very occasionally in PvP.

Frost-EE5 I've used for giggles.

I can't remember the last time I saw any of those other exotics outside of decrypting them or in my vault. Destiny has so many bad exotics. I use Astrocyte Verse on my Warlock because it looks neat, but it's beyond useless. Bungie became so afraid of making exotics an 'obvious choice' that they've largely become a non-factor.

I was going to make a list of exotics I've not seen for ages (outside of my vault or decrypting them) but it would be easier to make a list of exotics I've seen in use. Absurd.

Vanillalite

OK GAF I made a fuck it Yolo decision and bout the Celestial Nighthawk helmet for my Hunter from Xur.

Stupid or not stupid?

Also I got this from PVP. Is it worth a damn?

Still wish I could get a new Scout Rifle. That's my PVE wep of choice, but my current version is only like 157 vs all my other shit being 200+. It's maddening.

zethren

Banned
OK GAF I made a fuck it Yolo decision and bout the Celestial Nighthawk helmet for my Hunter from Xur.

Stupid or not stupid?

Also I got this from PVP. Is it worth a damn?

Still wish I could get a new Scout Rifle. That's my PVE wep of choice, but my current version is only like 157 vs all my other shit being 200+. It's maddening.

Celestial Nighthawk is awesome for pve, but not as great for pvp since in pvp you want to have more than the one golden gun shot available to you. But it sure looks really cool lol

You can also infuse your 157 scout rifle with higher light level primaries to upgrade it. As long as your scout is a legendary tier weapon.

Vanillalite

Celestial Nighthawk is awesome for pve, but not as great for pvp since in pvp you want to have more than the one golden gun shot available to you. But it sure looks really cool lol

You can also infuse your 157 scout rifle with higher light level primaries to upgrade it. As long as your scout is a legendary tier weapon.

Well I mean my old helm was like 190 vs 350 so it's a PvE armor upgrade even beyond the abilities.

As for my Scout Rifle that shit green yo. :(

Also finishing TTK of course I could pick from like everything but a new Scout Rifle as a quest reward. FTL :/

zethren

Banned
Well I mean my old helm was like 190 vs 350 so it's a PvE armor upgrade even beyond the abilities.

As for my Scout Rifle that shit green yo. :(

Also finishing TTK of course I could pick from like everything but a new Scout Rifle as a quest reward. FTL :/

Hmmmm then I'd try and save up legendary marks to buy one or the vendor scout rifles! They'll start at 350 and you can infuse them beyond that point too of course. Scouts are one weapon I rarely use, so another destiny GAFer will have to recommend one of them over the others. But you should be able to buy either the Vanguard one or the Crucible one fairly simply.

Hesemonni

Banned
I hear some people saying VoG is the best raid. What exactly makes it special?

I played through it with a bunch of randoms last night (and we managed to fail the final teleport phase, wiped, but co-incidentally the final boss died to my rocket also --> no achievement or grimoire card :( ) and found the traversing in the darkness bits furiating and the encounters mechanically boring. I don't know if it's just me and my telly, but I have a really hard time telling where to go in this raid.

Surprisingly I found the Gorgon bit really cool :p

I hear some people saying VoG is the best raid. What exactly makes it special?

I played through it with a bunch of randoms last night (and we managed to fail the final teleport phase, wiped, but co-incidentally the final boss died to my rocket also --> no achievement or grimoire card :( ) and found the traversing in the darkness bits furiating and the encounters mechanically boring. I don't know if it's just me and my telly, but I have a really hard time telling where to go in this raid.

Surprisingly I found the Gorgon bit really cool :p

It's very well designed for the gear at the time and the encounters required a lot of skill and communication. It's well paced and has a good mix of activities (gorgon and jumping puzzle). Crota's is short by comparison and not as cool. TTK's raid is long and the last fight a bit too convoluted. Havent played WoTM.

You had to be there for Vault of Glass in its prime time.

You had to watch the community wander its cavern walls to uncover its mysteries.
You had to figure out how to beat the bosses.
You had to find the next chest.
You had to be there when somebody was giving out checkpoints for the chests.
You had to spend 30 minutes wiping on Gorgons.
You had to spend another 30 minutes waiting for the last guy to beat the jumping puzzle.
You had to be there when everybody used Icebreaker in their special slot and avoided half of the encounters.
You had to be there when Warlocks were actually wanted because of their self res and grenades.
You had to be there when every weapon drop was worth getting.
You had to be there when someone got a Fatebringer after 3 months of raiding on all 3 characters.
You had to be there when people made 3 of the same class to get their last piece of armor to drop.
You had to be there when someone got a Mythoclast and everyone else unfriended them.
You had to be there when we figured out how to push Atheon off of the arena to get them super quick regardless.
You had to be there when Atheon didn't randomly teleport people so you could spec for the portal and not worry about running out of ammo in your Gjallarhorn.
You had to be there when everyone had a Gjallarhorn and killed Atheon in 6 seconds.
You had to be there when somebody tripped on a flawless run.
You had to be there when everyone was broke and glimmer farming gatekeepers.
You had to be there when everyone was level 29 and a level 30 minotaur was the most challenging enemy you would ever face on your own.
You had to wonder what a first person raid felt like and where Bungie was going to go next.

You just had to be there

Melchiah

You had to be there for Vault of Glass in its prime time.

You had to spend another 30 minutes waiting for the last guy to beat the jumping puzzle.

You had to be there when someone got a Mythoclast and everyone else unfriended them.

You just had to be there

Haha! I've been both the last and the first in raid jumping sections, and it wasn't fun being either. The unfriending is hilarious though.

EDIT: When we played KF a year ago, everyone was flabbergasted when I got two exotic drops in the last section of the raid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When it comes to Destiny nothing really compares to playing the raids for the first time and trying to figure things out. It's best when no one knows what's going on in the party.

I really hope 2 is way more in depth with the lore. It's already so rich but not in game.

Was watching John Wick 2 and can't help but think of PVP with the way he was killing people.

Vanillalite

Hmmmm then I'd try and save up legendary marks to buy one or the vendor scout rifles! They'll start at 350 and you can infuse them beyond that point too of course. Scouts are one weapon I rarely use, so another destiny GAFer will have to recommend one of them over the others. But you should be able to buy either the Vanguard one or the Crucible one fairly simply.

Thanks for this. Gonna just grab some crucible gear to augment me for questing.

There are four different impact/rate of fire archetypes for scout rifles, so you should be able to find one that feels very similar to your green one.

Mindlog

Thanks for this. Gonna just grab some crucible gear to augment me for questing.
CrudeDiatribe has a good point. If you can post a screenshot or the stats from Bungie's page we can tell you its Legendary counterpart.

If the gunsmith ever sells Dis-43 you should consider buying that. Mine is full auto and rock solid stable.
If you prefer high impact then Cocytus is where you want to go.
God roll Hung Jury may never be topped so if you have a time machine handy.
Tread Upon Stars is easy to get with a skeleton key.
Tlaloc is extremely strong, but Warlock only.

Plenty of great PvE options in that category.

Top Bottom