• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Shiv47

No helmets? Like they're not going to make us chase helmets in D2? Pfft, right. September 8, though, awesome. Bring on the beta, baby.

Deku Tree

This is a advertising poster people. It doesn't conform anything about races in game or whether or not the game will have helmets. Plz.

Shiv47

Let's just hope this isn't the first thing behind the bullshit PS paywall.

Someone in the main forum thread said these posters are for release tomorrow, so maybe we get some details then (probably not). Beta announcement/date at E3? People will be bored with AoT long before that and hyped for news.

shingi70

Banned
So im an Xbox player, you think there's going to be away for me to start destiny 2 on PS4 with whatever little rewards from D1 in tact.

Every time I try to do a pvp bounty I'm reminded how straight garbage it is. Red bars everywhere who don't take damage and have curving bullets apparently :'). If you going to force me through your absolute horrible matchmaking, please make sure you have the infrastructure to back it up. If there are no dedicated servers in D2, I'm simply not touching the pvp.

Spades

So im an Xbox player, you think there's going to be away for me to start destiny 2 on PS4 with whatever little rewards from D1 in tact.

I suspect the only thing Y1-3 players are going to get in D2 is an emblem at best - probably no way it transfers over platforms.

Spades

Dkr3ofU.jpg

Tried to tidy it up a little. Yes I'm excited. Want it now.

Spades

PS4 first isn't a surprise. But guess it's gonna be another couple of years of being a 2nd class citizen. 😔

I don't really have a problem with timed exclusives - if Sony want to moneyhat then fine - but the duration of Destiny's exclusives have always been absolutely shit. 30 days is fine. 12-24+ months is absolutely not okay.

FyreWulff

I hate them even as a PS player. Not only is the length absurd, you never see the exclusives as Nightfalls/etc.

Vex dishwasher as a NF would have been something else.

If real, September 8th seems really soon for a game that hasn't even had an official announcement/teaser trailer, etc but I'll take it. It does fit with their usual September release schedule dating back and starting with Halo 3 (Halo: CE and Halo 2 were November but all Bungie releases after have come in September. Edit: Well, sans for the smallish Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions).

I'll be going in fresh without the Alpha/Beta this time around and with the release possibly being so soon I'll probably skip the entire raid rehash update as well (too many other quality gaming experiences to catch up on). I'm ready for significant new content to say the least.

I'm considering my Destiny/Dark Below/House of Wolves/The Taken King/ Rise of Iron book complete. It was a fun ride...

The new poster looks cool. Also, I'm pretty sure I told you all last week that the game would release in September.

Not only do we see a Suros shotgun, but we can also see that the Titan is holding on to an Omolon weapon. It looks a lot like the Jade Rabbit, but black.

Judging by their color schemes, we can also see that the Titan is wearing New Monarchy, the Hunter is wearing Dead Orbit and the Warlock has on Future War Cult.

That could just be a coincidence, though. I know a lot of people wanted more factions.

FyreWulff

Beta will feel a lot different than the first one. First one I basically barely knew what Destiny 'was' or how to really play it so I never really looked at gun perks, and it took me a while to even know you could inspect them and upgrade them.

This one everyone will be rushing to bust out perks/get out walls/etc as fast as possible.

Why? It's not bullpup — I know a few exotics and legendaries deviate from the otherwise consistent weapon layouts in D1— but it seems more likely to be an AR or LMG since we have Omolon snipers and fusion rifles already.

It shares a very similar design to the Jade Rabbit. It also has some similarities to the Hard Light, which you can see if you look closely at the poster. At this point, we can only judge the weapon based on stuff we already know from Destiny 1.

It can really go either way, to be honest. I'd love for Omolon to make auto rifles. I really like the aesthetic of their guns.

Also, can someone send me an invite to the Discord?

Guys I have a question. I have all the DLC including the Taken King but not Rise of Iron. I want to finish the story of Destiny 1 in preparation for 2. Is RoI the last expansion? And much does it cost? I can't find it on the PS Store (EU).

Thank you!

It shares a very similar design to the Jade Rabbit.

Yeah, in the stock especially. But the magazine is forward of the grip— like most ARs and unlike most scouts/pulses which is why I think AR. Front of the gun looks a lot like Hard Light which was why I was thinking Omolon.

I think the character with the Suros shotgun on the right is a warlock, no?

Yeah, you're right. Got my cloaks and long coats mixed up.

Well I will be back for this!

Hopefully the Beta is available for everyone. I would be pissed if I didnt get in after having spent 1000+ hours in D1

Dthomp

Will we be able to play ALL the old raids with new gear etc on the 28th march ? or is it only ONE old raid thats been updated ?

All are updated but I think only Crota will be up on the 28th, and then VOG, KF and WOTM after and then they will all be available after they have been the weekly

Top Bottom