• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Dark Below – PlayStation exclusive content detailed

Ninjician

Banned
This is the Vex Axis Mind.

You're thinking of the Vex Nexus Mind.

totes different.

Actually, based on how Destiny plays, this IS probably the same damn guy, only from the FUTURE, or the PAST.

I could explain which, but there's no time for that.

Respawn

Banned
Honestly, the exclusive content wouldn't hurt so much if the base game had more content. There are so few strikes and so few unique looking weapons (the majority are reskins with slight model changes), not having access to these (in addition to the current exclusive strike/exotic) for a year really sucks.

Having said that, LOL at the boss being a reskinned Hydra. Amazing, really.

I was like 'really' when I saw that shit. Love the game but reskins can only go so far. I paid for the DLC and I'm getting reskinned bosses. *face palm*

Yeah yeah I know it will be a different fight and tactic but damn give it legs and boosters or something.

Kade

I'll be playing it anyways but man, Bungie isn't good at this content business. Everything is just a palette swap with an added texture and increased size. I know other MMOs do it too but repeat content is usually spaced out really well and it's limited to minor throwaway characters/enemies.

Skele7on

Banned
Also there is the other strike too...

"Will of Crota"

This is just content that been made for PS so not even mad.
Lets wait till we see the new raid and other story/strike missons.

Bacon

Looks awfully familiar... How unexpected of Bungie.

I love the game but man their are just some very glaring problems with it. Hope Destiny 2 is a massive improvement.

Wow. This 'expansion' seems less deserving of $20 every day.

Not to mention the Xbox players who have to wait a year for all the content.

Exclusivity sucks, for any platform, but at least for other games, one platform "only" had to wait 1-3 months for content. There was always a light at the end of the tunnel. It takes a rare game for me to be playing it a year after launch, and Destiny ain't it.

It's ironic that one of the reasons I don't play much Destiny anymore is the lack of content, and Bungie is willfully contributing to that dearth.

w00zey

For as much as I love Destiny and will dive in deep into The Dark Below, I'll never understand why they thought it'd be cool to make a strike exclusive.

I don't mind it being exclusive but why on earth would they release it with paid content. Just give it to PS4 owners at some other time.

Dyno

I've played nothing but Destiny since it came out. For sure I'll get this DLC, it's the only money I'll have spent on games in months! Just got Suros Regime last night so I'm still pumped to play!

Wizman23

Banned
So next year are Xbox users just going to one day have access to all this content? Bungie, Activision, and Sony can STILL go all fuck themselves for this bullshit.

w00zey

I've played nothing but Destiny since it came out. For sure I'll get this DLC, it's the only money I'll have spent on games in months! Just got Suros Regime last night so I'm still pumped to play!

Suros Regime rocks. I got one two weeks ago on the nightfall. Fully upgraded it is a beast. Though I think they nerfed it a little.

jschreier

At least this one actually looks like a boss. The other PlayStation-exclusive strike just uses three overpowered regular enemies.

patchday

just a reskinned model. Not impressed at all.

Gameplay might be good though if it is anything like the raid. Looking forward to reading impressions

Bungie keeps delivering meh stuff to what could have been one of the greatest new ip. Maybe at this point they're doing it on purpose. Get back on track, please.

Altered_Beast

Neo Member

Mic_drop_Key_Peele_obama.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

Sojgat

At least this one actually looks like a boss. The other PlayStation-exclusive strike just uses three overpowered regular enemies.

Which at least makes the encounter different, and slightly more interesting to replay over, and over, and over...

Dust Palace strike bosses are the best in the game.

Much more fun than wailing on a giant bullet sponge for ten minutes.

Pimpwerx

I'm not getting the expansion. Maybe when there's a good deal on it next year or something, but I'm closing in on my personal end game, which is collecting all the exotics and raid items. Once that is done, I just have to wait for my friends to get to lvl32 so they can carry my lvl30 through the normal VoG, for the Flawless Raider trophy. LOL! That's about the best thing I can think of about the expansion.

The reskin doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the fear of having to repeat attempts at the new raid and its reskins AND the VoG in order to collect all the new items they've thrown in. Nah. I have other games I need to play. Destiny has stolen 3 fun-filled months of my life. Great game, but I need more than this to continue. PEACE.

Angelcurio

3 months and they still can't model a new strike boss? Cheap and lazy.

Crota will definitely just be a knight up sized.

And this is were games journalism (or lack thereof) comes to light. 3 months later, and no one has dare to ask Bungie why every single Strike boss is just a resized normal enemy.

Lone Wolf

And this is were games journalism (or lack thereof) comes to light. 3 months later, and no one has dare to ask Bungie why every single Strike boss is just a resized normal enemy.

I just cant understand how this game was in development for so long, yet reuses so much.

Honestly I didn't expect anything but a reskinned model for an exclusive strike so I'm not surprised. I'll wait to see if that boss has different mechanics from the Nexus Mind before I judge it on that front but if it's the same, that will be extra lame. Not that I'll get to play it any time soon lol. Still think it's bullshit this is exclusive since I find it highly unlikely they only planned to make one strike for the expansion originally.

So. How long until we get a giant Shank as a strike boss? Seems like a no brainer for the House of Wolves expansion lol.

benjammin

So the strike has the same final boss as an existing strike?

Why not? All the bosses in destiny are just larger versions of regular enemies anyway. They ran out of enemies to turn into bosses. Can't wait to fight a 40 foot dreg in the next dlc

Takuan

I'll be surprised if Crota isn't a reskinned knight, like Sardok. It's not a huge deal to me provided the encounter design is on-point, but it's still a bit of a let-down.

cakely

This is the Vex Axis Mind.

You're thinking of the Vex Nexus Mind.

totes different.

Actually, based on how Destiny plays, this IS probably the same damn guy, only from the FUTURE, or the PAST.

You don't even have time to explain why you don't have time to explain that.

That being said, the more strikes the better and I ... kind of want that silly shotgun.

I'll be surprised if Crota isn't a reskinned knight, like Sardok. It's not a huge deal to me provided the encounter design is on-point, but it's still a bit of a let-down.

They've confirmed he has multiple forms, but his first is most definitely just a knight.

"In PvE" is what I assume he means.

I'm mixed with PvE shotguns, a good shotgun with quick shot times can be a life saver sometimes, but they pale in damage output compared to a sniper for sure.

I'd argue that sniper rifles are too strong in PvE, lots of bosses you can just hang back and snipe without penalty.

Top Bottom