• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Dark Below – PlayStation exclusive content detailed

Cat Party

It's so crazy to have gone from Destiny to Borderlands TPS, a game overflowing with content. I have no desire to go back to Destiny based on this weak offering.

That sure is a boss I've fought countless times before. They don't give a shit at all, do they?

Agreed, yet some people are still eating this up.

Its really messed up that there is a PS excusive strike. Its wrong IMO, you can't charge both platforms the same amount for content that isn't equal. And this is also in a game that is content-light to begin with.

Then they throw the same damn boss out there. Because they know they can.

DOWN

Banned
Reading about Destiny exhausts me and I bought the Digital Guardian Edition so I need somebody to make me interested in what I bought

Agreed, yet some people are still eating this up.

Its really messed up that there is a PS excusive strike. Its wrong IMO, you can't charge both platforms the same amount for content that isn't equal. And this is also in a game that is content-light to begin with.

Then they throw the same damn boss out there. Because they know they can.

There was a thread about this ages ago when the price was announced. Gamers get charged the same price all the time even if one group suffers from some exclusivity deal. It's like telling PS owners to happy about all the delayed content they get when paying same price in the end.

As for content, yeah sadly this game is lacking. Its also disappointing that this boss and encounter description is essentially the same as the Nexus Mind strike on Venus.

Make the rewards faction points (new monarchy, dead orbit, etc.) and you can't kill fellow factioners. No downside if you enter this mode willingly.

Optional or not, I just don't see that being any fun lol. The only difference making faction-mates friendly would be that you would have clusters of people sniping and shotgunning as a group instead of lone wolfing it. Plus you could just camp the zone entrances. It just wouldn't work the way the game is currently set up.

Izcarielo

Banned
Its outrageus how this damn company cannot design a new skin for a new boss, i cannot understand it. How much does that cost FFS? Cant they put at least SOME love in their own game? Why the hell did i buy this game's season pass?

bsod

Banned
I guess Sony doesn't care what the content is as long as it's exclusive.

If the gamers don't particularly care, why should Sony? How many pre-orders were sold because of some extra skin, weapon, bullshit side mission that takes 5 minutes to complete? Too many.

Marcel

Its outrageus how this damn company cannot design a new skin for a new boss, i cannot understand it. How much does that cost FFS? Cant they put at least SOME love in their own game? Why the hell did i buy this game's season pass?

It costs a fair amount of dough to make a completely new boss from scratch. Lots of factors to consider. That said, considering how much money Bungie has made and is likely to make, they're really cheaping out. As I said earlier, this is what we get for not paying a sub I guess.

What I really don't understand is why they'd advertise what is essentially a recycled boss. The game already has a bad reputation. Why make it worse?

Question for PS4 players - does the exclusive strike ever come up for nightfall or the weekly?

It can't since the weekly stuff is the same for everyone on all platforms. Everything is synced actually (Daily story, Weekly Heroic, Nightfall, Xur, bounties, what the regular vendors are selling, etc). Now that I think about it, that means the non-exclusive DLC strikes can't be weeklies or nightfalls either.

I'm pretty sure I'm over Destiny as a casual player. I can't imagine hardcore people being turned back on by this meager offering.

I just played it again yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. I'll probably play it again next weekend. There are some of us out there.

Damn, wish they would simply have someone write a novel to tie all this shit together.

I don't see X1 owners missing much...just a reskinned pathetic boss fight and the shotgun.

I hate the boss fights in this game. No creativity or better A.I or attack patterns but just 100s of more minions for the boss to survive bit longer and super long health bullet sponges. I was hoping it was something like Soul's series where boss fights were amazing, different from one another and meant something and not like this dumb sh*t bullet sponges.

Kill3r7

It can't since the weekly stuff is the same for everyone on all platforms. Everything is synced actually (Daily story, Weekly Heroic, Nightfall, Xur, bounties, what the regular vendors are selling, etc). Now that I think about it, that means the non-exclusive DLC strikes can't be weeklies or nightfalls either.

Correct.

I think it would be an epic disaster but I would certainly like to play it at least once.

I really don't think people realize how much of a clusterfuck that would be. Imagine every time you went to open a chest or pick up a material, you were one shotted. The TTK is way too low for something like that to work reasonably in a game like this.

Yep, and it also means that Xur will never sell exclusive weapons like Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo, making those two (and presumably this new 4th Horseman shotgun) the de facto rarest weapons in the game.

While I'm on Xbox and not seeing this stuff until next year, Devil's Advocate maybe the reason that Bungie isn't creating brand new enemy types for each strike is that they want all their enemies to fit into one of the preexisting "classes" within each race (i.e. Hydra for Vex, Ogre for Hive). It's lazy design and an excuse for sure, just thinking that's why the strike bosses look so familiar across the board.

I think it would be an epic disaster but I would certainly like to play it at least once.
People shouldnt be surprised if it allowed unexpected unstructured fun to fill the gaps created by lack of content. As cave farming became a larger social event. If you entered said mode the purpose would be to hunt and ambush other factions no penalties for death.

People shouldnt be surprised if it allowed unexpected unstructured fun to fill the gaps created by lack of content. As cave farming became a larger social event. If you entered said mode the purpose would be to hunt and ambush other factions no penalties for death.

Really think about what that would be though. Imagine the fuckery of the Crucible (specifically Crucible on maps like Bastion and First Light) except on the current PvE maps with their wiiiiide open spaces, extremely linear choke point corridors, and extremely predictable and campable spawn points. Add in Iron Banner style level differences. Now imagine trying to get anything not related to killing other guardians done in a game like that. If your suggestion would be "Don't have that type of stuff in that mode" then we're basically just talking about a different type of Crucible mode, not MMO style PvP worlds.

cakely

Still think they make for the best strike boss battle in the game. They aren't just giant behemoths rotating in place or slow walking back and forth.

Agreed. They're extra cool when you realize they all have different shields (void, solar, arc) and that juggling weapons against them is fun and effective.

I don't see X1 owners missing much...just a reskinned pathetic boss fight and the shotgun.

I hate the boss fights in this game. No creativity or better A.I or attack patterns but just 100s of more minions for the boss to survive bit longer and super long health bullet sponges. I was hoping it was something like Soul's series where boss fights were amazing, different from one another and meant something and not like this dumb sh*t bullet sponges.

I'd rather have the extra strike and shotty than not. The price is the same.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did they really just add moss to the same looking boss?

Is this a punchline to a terrible joke?

Insaniac

BjCkl.jpg

My guess is that she'll be providing us with DLC only bounties.

Here's a good video listing out the different bounties and rewards [LINK]. Starts at 1:15. Some of them are really specific-- even class specific-- and, imo, great.

For example, Bounty: The Unseen -
While invisible, land the killing blow on a Hive Wizard with a sniper rifle.

Top Bottom