• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Dark Below – PlayStation exclusive content detailed

Honestly, looking at that vid I linked to a few posts back, I'm definitely more excited for the variety that the bounties will add, the different way that some of the new DLC weapons can upgrade to Legendary and even Exotic, and for that item sold by Xur that has multiple requirements (like and exotic bounty) for its reward, but that don't seem overly grindy or tied to PVP.

More PVE story missions is nice and I'm looking forward to crawling around the Seraphim Vault legitimately this time too :)

KingV

Wait, some of the DLC weapons can upgrade through the tiers?

I.e. I might actually get a legendary primary?

Wait, some of the DLC weapons can upgrade through the tiers?

I.e. I might actually get a legendary primary?

Husk of the Pit is a common AR that will be able to be upgraded to Eidolon Ally (Legendary) w/ Embalmbing Orbs purchased from Eris. Husk of the Pit can apparently also evolve into Necrochasm, an Exotic AR, by using the "Crux of Crota" item which could be a Raid drop.

grimmiq

Glad I sold Destiny when I did despite having the Season Pass..I'll pick it up again in a year or 2 when there's a full story and it's $20.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
People talk about "same" bosses like they know 400 different kinds of elephants/lions/any other animal/human race in existence... the bosses all share the same structure but with different colours or helmets (faction differences) because that's how life works... these new bosses have new gameplay mechanics, that's what matters.

Marcel

People talk about "same" bosses like they know 400 different kinds of elephants/lions/any other animal/human race in existence... the bosses all share the same structure but with different colours or helmets (faction differences) because that's how life works... these new bosses have new gameplay mechanics, that's what matters.

Tell me how Bungie's fake wannabe space opera is like life, please.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
People talk about "same" bosses like they know 400 different kinds of elephants/lions/any other animal/human race in existence...

Yeah, but you kill one elephant, you've killed an elephant. Give you a slightly larger elephant with a bulletproof vest, your'e still shooting an elephant.

whether you think the "reskin" is cheap, lazy, intentional or whatever, it ultimately comes down to the gameplay mechanics. the first 6 strikes were more or less reskins themselves; they followed the same dull formula with negligible differences. these strikes have an opportunity to introduce fresh (by destiny's standards) mechanics. however, if they play more or less the same, that'll be their downfall. if there is anything to fault bungie for, it's the game's wholly uninspired encounter design.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's basically a F2P Korean MMO patch, right down to the recycled bosses and piddly content. Expecting non-Limited Edition people to pony up $20 for this is ridiculous.

I've seen many a f2p Korean mmo patch better than this. Free Vindictus patches involved new characters (abilities and unique mechanics), skills for existing characters new explorables, new armour and weapon sets raids with new boss mechanics and models, sometimes increased level cap and continued the main story quest.

That's what free f2p mmo's do these days in their patches. Some of their shit maybe p2w but they at least support the game well with free content. Whose seriously going to pay for a thinly veiled grind treadmills.

Most hilarious justification for reskinned content I've ever heard, lmao.

BokehKing

Banned
Most hilarious justification for reskinned content I've ever heard, lmao.
If you don't play it why are you here?

It's almost like your intentionally trying to stir the pot?

People really enjoy the game and put a lot of time into it, I really don't understand why this is a problem for some people?

blackjaw

Guys there are tons of cars out there but why deive a Ferrari when it's just a reskinned Ford Focus?

Macattk15

Meh. Not going back to Destiny.

Reskinned boring ass bosses. Strikes aren't fun. Raids aren't much better.

Game could have been so much more.

See. Game isn't rooted in this real life you talk of.

Shit should look original and cool ... since fuck ... they can CREATE anything they want. They just CHOOSE to be lazy and reskin existing artwork. Fuck off Bungie.

Styles

A re-skinned Nexus boss?

jEJAf5o0wQWzT.png

elohel

For as much as I love Destiny and will dive in deep into The Dark Below, I'll never understand why they thought it'd be cool to make a strike exclusive.

Sony knew the game was going to sell well, why not guarantee or attempt to guarantee that gamers who want said game go to said platform I think is the thought process

but I do agree it just isn't very kosher lol

Two Words

So what is Bungie's excuse going to be if this Strike boss just has the same rotating shield, heavy gun, and constant Vex adds until it's dead?

elohel

Guys look at who was in that video for the dlc

OL lukems, Luke smith from the 1up show

Looks like he's STILL at bungie doing design; that's awesome

Dlc stuff looks great

Marcel

I've seen many a f2p Korean mmo patch better than this. Free Vindictus patches involved new characters (abilities and unique mechanics), skills for existing characters new explorables, new armour and weapon sets raids with new boss mechanics and models, sometimes increased level cap and continued the main story quest.

That's what free f2p mmo's do these days in their patches. Some of their shit maybe p2w but they at least support the game well with free content. Whose seriously going to pay for a thinly veiled grind treadmills.

oMEGNyf.jpg

So the strike has the same final boss as an existing strike?

Shoulda been first post. First thing I thought of when I saw the pic. Not surprising given Destiny's reuse and recycling of assets over and over and over and over and over and over and.....
over

Gold. Unfortunately I was already suckered into the season pass, so I'm gonna play it for completion's sake for the new achievements, but after that I'll be bailing again until the (hopefully final) second DLC/raid.

I won't be buying Destiny 2.

Guys look at who was in that video for the dlc

OL lukems, Luke smith from the 1up show

Looks like he's STILL at bungie doing design; that's awesome

Dlc stuff looks great
He's been in all the vidocs including the reveal. He's part of the Raid design team.

Top Bottom