• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Dark Below – PlayStation exclusive content detailed

Why are people complaining about an exclusive shitty reskinned boss strike?

In a game where you only have five strikes (Xbox One), 1-2 extra is a pretty big increase.

If the game had 10 strikes, or something, then yeah, I probably wouldn't complain. The lack of content exacerbates the issue, though.

lol reskinned bosses. Bungie clearly still doesn't give a shit.

Honestly, they could make all of the dlc exclusive to PS4 and I would not care... even though I've paid for it. No desire to play again at all. The game is just bad.

Kill3r7

In a game where you only have five strikes (Xbox One), 1-2 extra is a pretty big increase.

If the game had 10 strikes, or something, then yeah, I probably wouldn't complain. The lack of content exacerbates the issue, though.

Agreed.

Although to be fair, strikes do not matter that much in the grand scheme of things (outside of change of pace). I think after a certain point all that's left is the grind to reach a higher level (Nightfall, Weekly, Daily, Raid and Bounties).

Personally I'm looking forward to the new raid and the 3 new multiplayer maps which are very much needed. I wish Bungie would take the time to update the Crucible.

Leotarius

It almost feels like Bungie is making this "exclusive" content not compelling on purpose. Maybe they're salty that they're in this "contract" with Sony.

lt519

Agreed.

Although to be fair, strikes do not matter that much in the grand scheme of things (outside of a bounty here or there and a change of pace). I think after a certain point all that's left is the grind to reach a higher level (Nightfall, Weekly, Daily, Raid and Bounties).

Personally I'm looking forward to the new raid and the 3 new multiplayer maps which are very much needed. I wish Bungie would take the time to update the Crucible.

I think a lot of people, myself, consider the strikes to be the primary form of entertainment. I knock out the raid, nightfall, and weekly on Tuesday night and then the rest of the week I have daily missions which take 10 minutes and then bounties which are a lot less fun than the strikes.

Paying $20 for a new strike and a new raid for us PvE players isn't terrible enticing. The exclusive strike was looking like something to add to that value, but not so much anymore.

cakely

The boss from "Dust Palace" wasn't even an upsized mob ... it was three Psions. :)

That being said, Dust Palace is probably my favorite strike, so I'm willing to give this new strike the benefit of the doubt.

Also, more Black Garden? Sounds good. That's a lovely area of the game.

I think a lot of people, myself, consider the strikes to be the primary form of entertainment. I knock out the raid, nightfall, and weekly on Tuesday night and then the rest of the week I have daily missions which take 10 minutes and then bounties which are a lot less fun than the strikes.

This, basically. If they had a level 28 Strike playlist with a chance for decent rewards, I'm sure a lot more people would play them. I know I would.

At the same time, only having five strikes makes the game inherently repetitive, from a PvE standpoint.

Kill3r7

Paying $20 for a new strike and a new raid for us PvE players isn't terrible enticing. The exclusive strike was looking like something to add to that value, but not so much anymore.

Totally reasonable.

Maybe the gameplay mechanics will justify the investment. Heck, X1 folks won't get a chance to play it until Fall 2015.

TyrantII

Well, it's also the same model as the templar and those two fights aren't similar at all. Lets hope they put effort into this encounter mechanic wise. It'd be in their best interest to do so.

The Templar and gatekeepers are actually slightly different models as well. They do have slight differences. You also see it with primal and future vex variants (most noticibly their heads).

I'm fine with the subtle differences as long as the fights are modeled differently.

It almost feels like Bungie is making this "exclusive" content not compelling on purpose. Maybe they're salty that they're in this "contract" with Sony.

They must be salty about having to make this whole game it seems, given how much content the game also has.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I need that shotgun.

That said, I feel bad for Xbox players with these deals. I feel like they got screwed more than any other of these deals. I'm fine waiting a month for some DLC but core content that's in the game and DLC at launch, and boosts the relatively low strike and exotic counts, delayed for an entire year sucks hard.

Making the strikes exclusive also means they'll never be weekly heroics or Nightfalls either and there will never be bounties associated with them which affects PS players. It's just dumb when the end game content is so starved.

Jo-El

The least they could have done was give us a giant Shank. Maybe they're saving that for the next expansion?

Marcel

The least they could have done was give us a giant Shank. Maybe they're saving that for the next expansion?

Giant Rahool should be next. After all, they'll expect us Limited Edition people to cough up for the hard work of making a Giant Shank with Mechanics™.

Takuan

I need that shotgun.

That said, I feel bad for Xbox players with these deals. I feel like they got screwed more than any other of these deals. I'm fine waiting a month for some DLC but core content that's in the game and DLC at launch, and boosts the relatively low strike and exotic counts, delayed for an entire year sucks hard.

It really is a raw deal and I don't know if people will still be playing in large numbers a year from now. Won't matter, since Bungie already has their money, but I think people may remember this when Destiny 2 rolls along.

Altima

Oh man, this is massive disappointment.

2 new strike bosses are Wizards remodel and Axis mind remodel.

Raid boss is Knight remodel.

Seriously, this is 20 dollar DLC.

KingJ2002

The Playstation exclusive content was designed well IMO... although some are useless to me... they are still done well... and with that said...

I MUST HAVE THAT SHOTGUN.

Marcel

Oh man, this is massive disappointment.

2 new strike bosses are Wizards remodel and Axis mind remodel.

Raid boss is Knight remodel.

Seriously, this is 20 dollar DLC.

It's basically a F2P Korean MMO patch, right down to the recycled bosses and piddly content. Expecting non-Limited Edition people to pony up $20 for this is ridiculous.

Acrylic7

"An ancient mind feared by the Vex themselves, hides among the channels of the black garden. Find the Machine and end its existence"?

Vex=Hivemind, no?
So it fears itself? lol Bungie.

Marcel

"An ancient mind feared by the Vex themselves, hides among the channels of the black garden. Find the Machine and end its existence"?

Vex=Hivemind, no?

The lore guy left so they're trying, god bless 'em.

Vitor711

Did they fix the pricing yet? £19.99 != $19.99 / £35 != $35.

I'm not paying £35...

I'm stuck with a UK PSN account despite living in the US. I will not pay 35GBP for this. It's an entire game's worth of price for not even half the content that was in the base game. Disgusting.

I'm not usually one to bemoan UK pricing, but this is an example of it being particularly egregious.

BokehKing

Banned
That's why in the new promo it's called 'a new strike'

Sony just gets a bonus one

It's all about the wording, and originally they just worded it wrong. Meanwhile destiny is one of the most played games on xbox1 and I don't think people really care all that much outside of the internet

Did they fix the pricing yet? £19.99 != $19.99 / £35 != $35.

I'm not paying £35...

Because the more expensive editions of the game came with the pass and people have bought the pass for £35 already it won't change, activision will not want to foot the bill for refunds.

It's a pain in the ass and completely stupid but they did it anyway, I hate direct conversions for pricing especially from big companies like this.

Vex=Hivemind, no?

Can't wait for the grimoir card explaining that juicy nugget. I love destiny , I have over 80 hours just on one char, but I do have to ask myself what the hell are the artists doing ? No new enemies. Most of the map stuff already modelled, a few new guns and armours, it just feels really lazy.

Especially given how much crap they have gotten for lack of content. I was honestly expecting a weekly content update, new weapons rolled out, tons of new armours e.t.c a new gun type (lasers, electrical bolts, fireballs , green slime - anything to give my guns some differentiation, it's just a freaking particle effect !!!!)

I am glad they are doing code updates but even they just seem to be tweaking existing models and not really adding any new features.

I can only guess most of the team has already moved onto destiny 2 and a small team (1 artist) has stayed behind in the basement to support dlc

They should make a game mode which opens up the planets to pvp. That would greatly satisfy the lack of content for me and allow these massive planets to get more use.

They should make a game mode which opens up the planets to pvp. That would greatly satisfy the lack of content for me and allow these massive planets to get more use.

Eh. I thought that would be a good idea at first until I thought about how it would just be a world full of people camping with sniper rifles from the edges of the maps and hiding in corridors waiting for people to pass by and shotgun.

DocSeuss

This, basically. If they had a level 28 Strike playlist with a chance for decent rewards, I'm sure a lot more people would play them. I know I would.

At the same time, only having five strikes makes the game inherently repetitive, from a PvE standpoint.

You mean Strike Playlist Dragon? Coming with the DLC, as I understand it.

Eh. I thought that would be a good idea at first until I thought about how it would just be a world full of people camping with sniper rifles from the edges of the maps and hiding in corridors waiting for people to pass by and shotgun.
Make the rewards faction points (new monarchy, dead orbit, etc.) and you can't kill fellow factioners. No downside if you enter this mode willingly.

Top Bottom