• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

Demigod Mac

Looks like the discount for owning the original is automatic. It says $19.99 on the new release list but 50% off for $9.99 when I actually load its page. (own the original but not the DLC)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just reinstalled DX:rev on steam. Steam doesn't recognize the DC as DLC.

Do I rebuy the game for 8 € then?

That's because The Missing Link is sold as DLC on the store but is actually its own game, so it has a separate library entry and isn't tied to DE:HR as a piece of DLC like the two packs are.

Edit: Err, I misread your post, haha. Never mind. ;) Similar to what I said, though, the DC is a separate game, not DLC, but you know that already.

sfried

so, on PAL WIi U it is

16 GB
39 €

the game is good, and the second screen functions are really, really, great.

a couple of screens I've taken

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nvoc3.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012nxa8.jpg

If someone is interested, I can take gamepad image screenshots.
Ooh, please post more. Is the MiiVerse community for it up yet?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ooh, please post more. Is the MiiVerse community for it up yet?

when I took the pics, no.
I'll double check this evening if it's up (but I've read previously from another GAFfer that should be up).
Btw, I'll post some Gamepad screen too, this evening.

shaki123

when I took the pics, no.
I'll double check this evening if it's up (but I've read previously from another GAFfer that should be up).
Btw, I'll post some Gamepad screen too, this evening.

How does it run on the U, framerate wise? Any other observations?

EDIT: I think the Miiverse community isn't up yet, because Miiverse needs to be updated for it. Deus Ex has voicemessage-sharing via Miiverse, which isn't a standard function atm.

Eusis

I dont even have to try it to tell you that's not going to work.
It used to be easy enough to do, but yeah. I tried similar with Company of Heroes and Batman: AC, each of them games that were basically just patched to be Steamworks rather than significantly altered, yet Steam still redownloaded the whole thing. This time I just started it then deleted the old games.

Three Human Revolution Steam Entries:

2467rbE.png

Haha. Doesn't bother me too much, but I know some people expressed a bit of dismay at that fact. Also, can confirm that the achievements are completely separate as well.

(Not a fan of Jensen's pic on the front of the Director's Cut icon, though.)

Also, no issues getting the discount for me. It automatically set the price to $5.00.

Three Human Revolution Steam Entries:

2467rbE.png

Haha. Doesn't bother me too much, but I know some people expressed a bit of dismay at that fact. Also, can confirm that the achievements are completely separate as well.

(Not a fan of Jensen's pic on the front of the Director's Cut icon, though.)

Also, no issues getting the discount for me. It automatically set the price to $5.00.

Yeah, it's actually quite terrible :|

The Sportflux trick worked for me. Price was €4.99, through Paypal. I started the download with Spotflux on, quit Steam, stopped Spotflux and restarted Steam. The download says it is downloading at 0KB, but speed really is fine.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
How does it run on the U, framerate wise? Any other observations?

EDIT: I think the Miiverse community isn't up yet, because Miiverse needs to be updated for it. Deus Ex has voicemessage-sharing via Miiverse, which isn't a standard function atm.

Framerate isn't the strongest part of the experience.
As for outdoor environment textures.
Slightly better than the original PS3 ones, for both,but still not so great.
I don't like neither the animations (especially when you pass from first person to third person view).
It looks really good on the gamepad, instead.
New bosses are good (you can find different paths to sneak around, hacking and so on), as the new smart vision and the map always on screen on the Pad is simply godly for this kind of game.

Yuripaw

Banned
I really would have liked to have gotten this on Wii U =/ However $5 on PC, or $50 on Wii U...they don't really give much incentive for us Wii U owners to support the platform.

sfried

I really would have liked to have gotten this on Wii U =/ However $5 on PC, or $50 on Wii U...they don't really give much incentive for us Wii U owners to support the platform.
I'm saddened the MiiVerse pages aren't up yet for it. The "DS-like" infologs is a nice touch for the Wiiu version.

Nemesis_

The commentary is very insightful and candid, anyone who played the original owes it to themselves to give it another playthrough just to hear about everything that went into the game. Love it.

Schnozberry

Framerate isn't the strongest part of the experience.
As for outdoor environment textures.
Slightly better than the original PS3 ones, for both,but still not so great.
I don't like neither the animations (especially when you pass from first person to third person view).
It looks really good on the gamepad, instead.
New bosses are good (you can find different paths to sneak around, hacking and so on), as the new smart vision and the map always on screen on the Pad is simply godly for this kind of game.

Were they able to lock the framerate at 30? I'm thinking about picking this up for Wii U because I never played the original and the pad functionality looks well done.

Sub 30 framerate and I'll probably stick to the PC version.

Reese-015

What graphical improvements have they made to the PC version? If it's noticeable then i'm in for $5

Wondering this too. Really curious as to how good the PC version is since the original was really well ported/optimized with great graphics options etc.

I'd say the pre-rendered movie quality, I remember they were awful in the original.

Actually, the word on the streets is that they didn't improve the cutscene quality at ALL. Silly Eidos Montreal is silly. I thought that would have been one of the first things to fix -- just render them at a higher resolution. =\

I also read that the pre-order weapons are not just given to you anymore, but you have to find them throughout the levels. Great! I'm happy with that change.

Really wondering how they are going to integrate TML into the main game. After that encounter, will they give you back your build you created before entering that part of the game? It's going to be really frustrating for new players to make a build, lose it for The Missing Link, create ANOTHER build, and then go back to the first one after. It worked when TML was a separate entity, but now...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Were they able to lock the framerate at 30? I'm thinking about picking this up for Wii U because I never played the original and the pad functionality looks well done.

Sub 30 framerate and I'll probably stick to the PC version.

Consider that I don't have any tech to exactly extrapolate the framerate, but to me no. It's not locked at 30fps.
But the GamePad really is great, playing it.

Anyone battled any of the bosses yet, and mention what was changed in their confrontations?

In the first boss, I've climbed two ladders to go to the upper level. over there there was a terminal I hacked to unlocked closed doors in the ground level. Behind those doors, I've found more barrels to launch at the boss, but also hidden passages that lead into another terminal to unlock. Unlocking it, I can activate two turrets (that initially were programmed to shot at me), to be exploited to shot at my enemy

this sould be different to the original version, at least in that one I dind't found any lateral or upper passage/level

Apparently you don't get the pre-order weapons at the start of the game anymore. They are instead strewn throughout the levels somewhere. This I like! I hope they got rid of those 100 Trillion unnecessary credits you got at the start of the game too.

Nemesis_

Apparently you don't get the pre-order weapons at the start of the game anymore. They are instead strewn throughout the levels somewhere. This I like! I hope they got rid of those 100 Trillion unnecessary credits you got at the start of the game too.

After the first conversation at the limb clinic, I had 7000 credits. 5000 of those went towards a praxis.

I can't remember much of my original playthrough, but there's the facts from the DC playthrough I'm currently undertaking.

After the first conversation at the limb clinic, I had 7000 credits. 5000 of those went towards a praxis.

I can't remember much of my original playthrough, but there's the facts from the DC playthrough I'm currently undertaking.

That sounds better. The original pre-order bonus gave you 10,000 credits at the start of the game, which ruined some of the balance early game for me.

Nemesis_

That sounds better. The original pre-order bonus gave you 10,000 credits at the start of the game, which ruined some of the balance early game for me.

Yeah, I definitely didn't buy anything before that point so it sounds like it's been rebalanced.

munroe

Assuming the game fully recognises that I have Augmented Edition and the Missing Link DLC, I'll get the PC director's Cut edition for £3.99 or whatever the UK price was. For all of the extra stuff, new game+, AI/Boss improvements, etc £3.99 isn't a bad price.

As a game as a whole, I think the game was quite the success, really enjoyed it, feel some things could still be improved but overall an enjoyable experience.

I liked in the original Deus Ex, you could activate the Ballistic Protection Aug and just run and gun, whereas on DXHR, even with the Dermal Protection you can't last very long at all in a run and gun firefight. Felt for someone who has cybernetic legs, the fall damage and the really small height drop is off-putting.

Looking forward to their new Deus Ex game

That's weird, on amazon.co.uk the Wii U version is actually cheaper than the PS3 and 360 versions.

Yeah it seems on Amazon's .co.uk site, the pricing for the WiiU version is much more competitively priced than other countries.

Geoff9920

Picked up the DC... Separate entry in Steam, doesn't recognize my old saves, and I get to redo the achievements. I'm okay with this. :) Seems to have some slight windows 8 quirks, but it might just be me. I'm using nvidia's BF4 / Batman Origins drivers that they just released yesterday. The game booted in 720p and wouldn't let me change the resolution, but I'll figure out what's going on after work.

I'll be curious to see if it includes all the unnecessary pre-order DLC that the original had.

AkuMifune

Banned
Picked up the DC... Separate entry in Steam, doesn't recognize my old saves, and I get to redo the achievements. I'm okay with this. :) Seems to have some slight windows 8 quirks, but it might just be me. I'm using nvidia's BF4 / Batman Origins drivers that they just released yesterday. The game booted in 720p and wouldn't let me change the resolution, but I'll figure out what's going on after work.

I'll be curious to see if it includes all the unnecessary pre-order DLC that the original had.

What upsets me most about separate achievements is the annoying urge to go back to vanilla Deus Ex and get a few I missed first before deleting it. So counter-productive...I must resist!

Speaking of augs, has the Icarus landing been shown off at all? I'd kind of hope they cut down that animation. My download's almost done, I'll be starting the game up soon. Doesn't seem like Steam has updated yet to give it cards.

Geoff9920

Speaking of augs, has the Icarus landing been shown off at all? I'd kind of hope they cut down that animation. My download's almost done, I'll be starting the game up soon. Doesn't seem like Steam has updated yet to give it cards.
Haha, i really hope they haven't changed it. It was totally overdone and I Ioved it for that. :p Although, I also rarely take that upgrade so that might be why I'm not sick of it.

sueil

You get the preorder weapons in the first 30 seconds of the 1st real mission. It is pretty much still being handed to you.

Im wondering if the console versions were delayed. None of my local gamestops, hastings or best buy have it!
Just came from GS. Basically it's being handled like games from the "old" days. The game SHIPPED today. So most Gamestops won't have it until tomorrow.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So is it safe to delete the original game after I download this?

Top Bottom