• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

Tizoc

Is there a Youtube video of the 1st mission where
you save Josie by doing a double takedown on her and Zeke?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Holy shit...I started a new game in case I need to trade in my copy for the DC edition,
I spend some time looting from Sarif HQ, must've spent maybe 10 or so minutes. I go to do the mission and once I go to save the 8 hostages I find they were KILLED!
If I waste time before going with Malik to do the first mission they get killed off, blew my frickin' mind. Gonna restart my game since I need every EXP I need.

I did the same thing and absolutely loved it that there were consequences for
dawdling. This is the first and only game I've ever played in which "you've gotta hurry!" actually meant something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Who is picking this up for a non-Wii U system?

I'll be picking it up on PC for $5 as I already own the base game and The Missing Link, along with the DLC. I'm pretty much paying $5 for developer commentary. I have a Wii U, but touch pad controls are not a big enough incentive to double dip at full price, not when it will look better and play great on PC for cheaper.

I did the same thing and absolutely loved it that there were consequences for
dawdling. This is the first and only game I've ever played in which "you've gotta hurry!" actually meant something.

Definitely a huge highlight for the game. That and saving or failing to save Malik were great. Almost as good as saving/not saving Paul in DX1.

Eusis

I'll be picking it up on PC for $5 as I already own the base game and The Missing Link, along with the DLC. I'm pretty much paying $5 for developer commentary. I have a Wii U, but touch pad controls are not a big enough incentive to double dip at full price, not when it will look better and play great on PC for cheaper.
Yeah, Wii U's absolutely $20-or-less fodder with a debut price at $30 and a PC update for $5. And it'll be an excuse to finally get through Missing Link.

Get ready for a lot of "Boo this, man! Boooooo!" on the miiverse
I feel it'll be more, 'wut is dis gaem?!' and 'huhhh...New community???' Posts than anything else. As strict as Miiverse moderation is, I wish it were stricter.

Anyway, I might pick this up on WiiU if I can find a good (sub $40) deal in the next couple weeks. Otherwise I might just triple dip on Resident Evil Revelations for $25.

sueil

I really hope my achievements carry over from the base game. I don't want to play a pacifist run again just to get that achievement. Looks like its 2 and a half hours away which is nice I wasn't expecting it to be out until the afternoon. I too am basically paying 5 dollars for directors commentary but it seems to be really good commentary.

sfried

Should be releasing now. Dunno if I should use my $10 Amazon credits towards paying for release day shipping or just leave it as Super Saver. Only comes to $39.96 as it stands (with Super Saver shipping).

Edit: Woops, too late. Looks like they're shipping it already as it seems, and I can no longer change the option. Guess I'll just have to wait...WITHIN A WEEK. NO. SIX MONTHS.
UNATCO?

I really cannot stand how some games just come out a few days later for PAL territories. On Steam the Director's Cut will unlock on the 25th but it's the 22nd for the US! What's the point, especially for digital releases?

I picked up Human Revolution + Missing Link for 4.99 in an Amazon sale a while back, I'm so in for the upgrade! Although I've only played HR for a couple hours so far...

Grief.exe

Does anyone know whether the PC release has the DX11 effects, or is this just a port of the Wii U version?

They aren't going to remove effects from the existing PC release.

Conversely, they aren't going to take an existing x86 port, then port it to PowerPC for WiiU, then port it back to x86.

sueil

The fucked up the release and aren't offering a discount current to owners because someone thought it was a brilliant idea to not offer prepurchase and preload. Who knows how long it takes to get fixed.

pa22word

The fucked up the release and aren't offering a discount current to owners because someone thought it was a brilliant idea to not offer prepurchase and preload. Who knows how long it takes to get fixed.

It came out 5 mins ago. Relax, take a deep breath, and wait a spell before throwing a fit about it, please? I mean if it's not fixed by the time the steam store updates that's kind of lame, but it's lets not shit the thread up because a game that just released at 2 AM CST (now 14 mins ago) doesn't have all the proper buying options up, yet.

Grief.exe

Discount just popped up on the store.

VandalD

If anyone could try putting the contents of your Deus Ex and Missing Link folders into wherever this new install goes and saying whether that shortens the download size, that'd be much appreciated. Bandwidth limits suck.

CMDBob

Urgh, I'd buy this, but for some insane reason, apparently the UK gets shafted and doesn't get this until Friday. Great.

Grief.exe

So will this be 75% off for good if you own DXHR and Missing Link? Or will the 75% discount end?

Seems to be indefinite.

It was noted in the Steam thread that the game is actually giftable. So someone with he DLC can purchase the game for the discounted price, then gift the copy to someone without the DLC.

If anyone could try putting the contents of your Deus Ex and Missing Link folders into wherever this new install goes and saying whether that shortens the download size, that'd be much appreciated. Bandwidth limits suck.

I dont even have to try it to tell you that's not going to work.

CMDBob

You guys have become such a huge market and you still get delays. WTF

Yep, but it's not for the conventional reasons, IIRC. It's thanks to fucking retail , and how games are 'traditionally' released on a Friday in the UK. Shouldn't bloody matter with digital, but retail still has huge clout. Stupid really. Ah well, still gonna get it, £3.49 for an enhanced version of DXHR is still a bargain, no matter the wait.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, on PAL WIi U it is

16 GB
39 €

the game is good, and the second screen functions are really, really, great.

a couple of screens I've taken

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nvoc3.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012nxa8.jpg

If someone is interested, I can take gamepad image screenshots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those outside the US who'd rather not wait a few days:

FYI, even if you're not in the US, you can buy the game now by using the ?cc=us trick to add it to your cart and then check out as normal. Steam will automatically change your region, but you'll be able to complete the purchase:

dehrp8xca.jpg
Deus Ex DC is showing up as "Not yet released" in my library. Gah.

Yeah, since the app is universal, you're beholden to the release date of your region, though you can use a VPN to get around this (Spotflux is free).

You can disable the VPN after beginning the download if your find your download speed to be on the slow side. Similarly, you can also disable the VPN after launching the game; you won't be booted back to the client or anything of the sort.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure if the cc trick will work in regions that don't use USD. I suppose it depends on whether or not the prices in other currencies have been set up behind the scenes.

Almighty

Well just bought it. The pennies I made from selling cards almost paid the five bucks it cost. So figured why not even though i don't plan to play the game for a few weeks.

Top Bottom