• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

You get the preorder weapons in the first 30 seconds of the 1st real mission. It is pretty much still being handed to you.
Seems that way, bummer. Found a dead body with a silenced sniper rifle and remote charges on the sneaky route into the plant. Still, better than it used to be and you don't get loaded up with 10k credits.

alf717

Just bought this on PC. Can I cheat the installation by adding the files from the original game or am I stuck download all 12GB?

Cystm

Here's a bunch of grid view icons:

igWZLs6ZChWWQ.png
iCWFIaYyoqtuL.png
iS7fLQrpzhAHj.png

ikdTTcA7NxOgT.png
imIq5ynMgd95g.png
ibbWDofDOUYvM6.png

ijNbqVecI287x.png
iRBlIyeRFLYrR.png
iiaeDZi2nRl83.png

ibjiMGWtzTi2bD.png
ibkaDQPwETqVZm.png
iMUa4VSa8rb7B.png

ihxhi3AWpRJsC.png
iZ64VEg5xDegC.png
ihxhi3AWpRJsC.png

starting this up for the first time

Anyone else having performance issues on PC? I have the exact same settings for the original version and never drop below 60. I'm getting 27-45FPS with the DC.

8GB RAM
GTX 4GB 770

Atilac

New Set of achievements?
Edit: any more AA options? the original was kind of disappointing in the AA department.

garath

Oh man. I'm tempted for $10. I haven't bought any dlc at all for this game. I've only played it through once too. I kind of did want to do a full on lethal no stealth playthrough.. hmmm

Psi

PC performance is completely broken on this for me. No matter what I change the settings to I get the same stuttering issues and the framerate is all over the place. Really needs a patch.

I have an i5 and a GTX 670.

Yeah, perf is pretty bad. I'm getting stuttering on my i5-3570k/7970 combo, and the MLAA looks pretty bad too. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like there's more jaggies all over the place.

Eusis

It's 60 FPS but after Arkham City certainly doesn't FEEL like 60 FPS, and this game was one of the bigger reasons I got my current card too. I kinda feel that the solution is BOTH a stronger card and a 120/144hz display.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
starting this up for the first time

Anyone else having performance issues on PC? I have the exact same settings for the original version and never drop below 60. I'm getting 27-45FPS with the DC.

8GB RAM
GTX 4GB 770

PC performance is completely broken on this for me. No matter what I change the settings to I get the same stuttering issues and the framerate is all over the place. Really needs a patch.

I have an i5 and a GTX 670.
Rushed port? I guess I shouldn't hope for good performance from my 570 at this stage. :/

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It's weird because the original game ran really well for me with everything at max. I think porting over that lighting engine from ML messed something up.

Porting the lighting engine? What's ML?

I can't believe people are having performance issues like that with that kind of hardware.

On my i5 + 660ti I was getting a solid 60FPS @ 1080p with everything maxed in the non-DC version. Haven't tried the new one, but this sounds bad...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not much of an excuse for the game to run bad. Human Revolution did have stuttering issues that required either a patch and/or user fiddling to fix, but you shouldn't be having issues on a GTX 670, let alone a 4GB GTX 770. The Missing Link ran really well when it came out, so the engine tweaks shouldn't be an issue.

What a shame.

Porting the lighting engine? What's ML?

I can't believe people are having performance issues like that with that kind of hardware.

On my i5 + 660ti I was getting a solid 60FPS @ 1080p with everything maxed in the non-DC version. Haven't tried the new one, but this sounds bad...

The Missing Link DLC.

Psi

Note that I'm not technically minded enough to understand what these settings do, but these registry tweaks on the Steam forums fixed the stuttering and fps issues for me:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810938811078622740/

This may resolve any stuttering issues and fps drops with DeusEx:HRDC -
In regedit open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC and locate AllowJobStealing - set it to 0 ; for NVIDIA owners - in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics locate AtiForceFetch4 - set it to 0

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Not much of an excuse for the game to run bad. Human Revolution did have stuttering issues that required either a patch and/or user fiddling to fix, but you shouldn't be having issues on a GTX 670, let alone a 4GB GTX 770. The Missing Link ran really well when it came out, so the engine tweaks shouldn't be an issue.

What a shame.
Perhaps the higher Wii U price is justified because the other versions perform like shit!?
(Any impressions on the Ps3/360 versions)

puzl

Banned
How the hell did they manage to drop the ball on this? The game is over 2 years old now and there weren't any performance issues with the Missing Link back when that was originally released. Has the engine changed so drastically that powerful rigs can no longer handle the visual powerhouse that is DX:HR anymore?

Between this and the extra 3 days people in Europe have to wait, I might just skip it. I'm getting really tired of crap like this.

Eusis

Won't know about the PS3/360 versions until tomorrow because SE cheaped out on shipping.
They probably didn't actually cheap out, they just didn't set up a street date so we're probably getting the game earlier than we otherwise would have. It just feels worse to expect it on a certain day only to wait another day rather than being given a date a week later in the first place that allowed everyone to have the game by then.

WITH THAT SAID PS3 version is going to be on PSN last I checked, so we'll probably see something today.

destx

How the hell did they manage to drop the ball on this? The game is over 2 years old now and there weren't any performance issues with the Missing Link back when that was originally released. Has the engine changed so drastically that powerful rigs can no longer handle the visual powerhouse that is DX:HR anymore?

Between this and the extra 3 days people in Europe have to wait, I might just skip it. I'm getting really tired of crap like this.
Totally. DXHR is one of my favourite games and I intended to grab the 'upgrade' as soon as it was available, but this kind of horseshit does not inspire me to do so.

Ugh. They never did fix a lot of the stuttering problems in HR, even years after release. I would have thought they would have at least addressed it in the Director's Cut.

Haven't tried it yet, so I'll let you guys know if I get decent performance once I do. Hopefully the registry tweaks do it (which is what I had to do for the original as well).

Cystm

No performance issues for me at all. Everything ran rock solid throughout the first mission.

I let the hostages die this time.

If the Miiverse community is to be believed, then this is a cool 360 game that's a huge ripoff but you should buy it because of Kingdom Hearts 3. And also it's a new community so post post post what is this game about is it good????

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If the Miiverse community is to be believed, then this is a cool 360 game that's a huge ripoff but you should buy it because of Kingdom Hearts 3. And also it's a new community so post post post what is this game about is it good????

Things Wii U is never getting: Kingdom Heats 3.

Can that be a community?

jmizzal

What a shame.

The game was pretty much done for WiiU this summer then they tried to rush it out before the end of the year on PC/PS3/360, I wouldnt be surprised if those versions doesnt run great.

If Straight Right is doing the port of all versions, its kinda understandable they were working hard on the WiiU version since last year, they did a great job with Mass Effect 3 on WiiU, but then Square at the last min forced them to have to port to other systems, they just didnt have enough time to get it right.

Alright so i'm not crazy, I thought my computer had just aged poorly but I remember playing this originally and not having this bad of a stutter.

EDIT: Alright wtf, I did the setting suggested above and went from basically the lowest specs running like crap to the highest running fine. Someone at eidos messed up.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

I like the one guy constantly posting that Nintendo is ripping you off by charging more for this old game on Wii U than on other systems.

Reese-015

imgur gallery of comparison shots between the normal version (top images) and Director's Cut (bottom):

http://imgur.com/a/XBebO#0IpNLZO

Differences are subtle but... Pretty sure I prefer the old look :/.

Edit: More and higher res:
old: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558737235233345530/FDF1BBCCACB779B18506A7210DB358D20018E436/
new:http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558737235233356996/0058F031C6F46FDD4A4741C8C1074FB50032B70E/

So yeah... I actually very much prefer the old look. Say what you want about the piss filter but it was much more fine-tuned to nail a specific style and atmosphere in the old game than this revamp.

RS4-

Bah, if I had know that I could've had someone gift this to me instead of me buying TML, I'd have done so :(

Miguel81

imgur gallery of comparison shots between the normal version (top images) and Director's Cut (bottom):

http://imgur.com/a/XBebO#0IpNLZO

Differences are subtle but... Pretty sure I prefer the old look :/.

old: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558737235233345530/FDF1BBCCACB779B18506A7210DB358D20018E436/
new:http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558737235233356996/0058F031C6F46FDD4A4741C8C1074FB50032B70E/

So yeah... I actually very much prefer the old look. Say what you want about the piss filter but it was much more fine-tuned to nail a specific style and atmosphere in the old game than this revamp.

Man, that sucks. What kind of director's cut is this--like Blade Runner or something. Are we gonna get another super duper Final Cut Edition?

pahamrick

Far less contrast and bloom, looks like.

I like how the lights aren't overbearing in the DC shot but everything looks so flat in comparison.

Hm, that Pritchard picture looks much worse, in my opinion. I'll wait until I play it to pass final judgment, but from those screens I think I agree that the original looks better.

Anyway, thanks for taking those comparison shots!

pa22word

Lol the dev commentary is off to a great start..

Writer: so uh yeah, we wanted to connect to DX1 in a subtle way to start the game...

Director: LOL yeah, so subtle the first person you see is
Bob Page?!

Group: *Laughs*

Also o_O I had no idea they
brought the original VA for Page back for the game.
The devs went on to say how it was sorta surprising that basically no one connected the dots there because of that, lol.

Uh, pretty sure your shots are flipped. The DC version is up top and the original is on bottom.

Reese-015

Lol the dev commentary is off to a great start..

Also o_O I had no idea they
brought the original VA for Page back for the game.
The devs went on to say how it was sorta surprising that basically no one connected the dots there because of that, lol.

Uh, pretty sure your shots are flipped. The DC version is up top and the original is on bottom.

Not according to the post where I found it: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810938811037930349/#c810938811091100127

And it's completely consistent with the imgur gallery from a different poster who also said the top images were from the original version.

Top Bottom