• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut [Up: Off-Screen play confirmed]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sounds good. I take "visual improvements" with a grain of salt, but overhauled boss fights and The Missing Link integrated into mission flow is an excellent set of additions that should make for a better game. Developer commentary is top shit too.

I won't be buying, and I still don't think it will do well, but it's good to see the port has had a bit more than the usual rushed effort put into it. And, as said for the umpteenth time, the game is very, very good and more than worth it for Nintendo-only gamers who missed out on the original release.

Eidos Montreal blog post about it: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/DXHR-Directors-Cut-Announced

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director's Cut ANNOUNCED

Posted by Adam Badke

I think a lot of people would agree that one of the coolest movies to come out in the last 20 years or so was Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner. And, being such a fan of Deus Ex, it’s hard for me to not draw comparisons between the heavily cyberpunk influenced, dystopian futures paralleled between the iconic imagination of Los Angeles in 2019 and the gritty, augmented year of 2027 in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

As someone whose first and most treasured Blu-ray purchase was the Director’s Cut of Blade Runner, imagine my excitement to be able to officially announce that Eidos-Montréal, in collaboration with Australia’s very own Straight Right, are announcing today that the ultimate Director’s Cut Deus Ex experience will be coming to the Wii U!

This is Deus Ex like you’ve never seen it before. The game has been fully updated and improved, and brings an impressive suite of new features and upgrade into play.

I never totally asked for this!

New Boss Fights!

We received a lot of feedback from fans regarding the boss fights after the launch of Deus Ex: Human Revolution in 2011. So with your feedback in mind, we completely redesigned them – including new map layouts and new gameplay mechanics that support all the game's main pillars (hacking, stealth and combat). The boss AI, damage & health have also been tweaked for the best boss fights possible, and if you’re clever, it’s now possible to defeat bosses without the need to fire a single bullet!

WiiUBosses.jpg

Brand New Features!

You asked for it, you’ve got it – and this one is HUGE. The Director’s Cut features a brand new “New Game +” mode, allowing you to replay the game from the beginning keeping Jensen's augmentations from your last play-through – the ULTIMATE power fantasy.

Additionally, Jensen has a swath of new tricks up his sleeve, including the ability to toss grenades back at his enemies (right from the Wii U GamePad!), a rebalanced energy system, and a brand new augmentation – the Tactical Pattern-Recognition System – which displays Jensen's view through the Wii U GamePad. Moving the GamePad around will move Jensen's view in the same way, giving extra precious information on his surroundings.

As you would expect from a Director’s Cut, this ultimate Deus Ex experience also features approximately 8 hours of director's commentaries and a 45 minute “Making Of” video. The official strategy guide is also included in-game and can be accessed through the Wii U Gamepad Neural Hub at any time. Never miss a praxis kit again!

The Wii U GamePad also brings some impressive new features, including the ability to record your very own “Infologs” containing screenshots, voice recordings, drawing or typed notes as you progress through the game. You can even share your personal infologs through the Miiverse with your friends. And, most impressively, you can play Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut entirely on the GamePad – no TV required! Never be interrupted again!

WiiUHacking.jpg

Additionally, the GamePad allows deeper interaction with the game like never before. Hacking is now done at your fingertips while the world remains visible on your primary screen, looting is made simpler without the need for extra menus, sniping with any scoped weapon uses the GamePad and primary screen for ultimate precision. An updated radar and 2D map are now hosted right on the touch screen as well, as is the inventory, leaving your primary screen free of clutter.

The ultimate Deus Ex: Human Revolution fan experience!

The Director’s Cut also includes the full suite of all Deus Ex content ever released, including Tong’s Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link DLC chapter seamlessly integrated into the narrative and flow of the story. The original pre-order and other bonus weapons are now at Jensen’s disposal as well! All of the original game achievements, The Missing Link achievements and some brand new Director’s Cut achievements are also available!

WiiUDLC.jpg

Other popular fan requests!

Southpaw players will be happy to hear left handed control mapping is included, with a total of 4 control layout variations included. Also, for the multi-lingual amongst us, English, French, Italian, German and Spanish are available in both voice and subtitles right off the disk. You can even choose to play the game with audio in one language but the subtitles in another. C’est bon?

Total technical overhaul!

Just like all good movie director’s cuts feature remixed and remastered footage, Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut also features an improved visual engine. All of the visual improvements to the lighting system, fog and smoother shadows included with The Missing Link DLC have been applied through the whole game. The anti-aliasing features make this the best looking Deus Ex available. The improvements don’t stop there either. Enemy AI also received a polish pass, resulting in a much more consistent and intelligent experience.

WiiUVisuals.jpg

*phew!*

That was a LOT to cover! We’re incredibly proud to be bringing you the ULTIMATE version of an already fantastic game. I hope you’re as excited to try the ultimate Deus Ex experience as we are to get it into your hands! We’d love to hear from you, leave us a comment below or visit us on Facebook!

Nibel

The second one is amazing :lol

The Director’s Cut also includes the full suite of all Deus Ex content ever released, including Tong’s Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link DLC chapter seamlessly integrated into the narrative and flow of the story. The original pre-order and other bonus weapons are now at Jensen’s disposal as well! All of the original game achievements, The Missing Link achievements and some brand new Director’s Cut achievements are also available!

6Coskiv.jpg

huh?

GAMERG0D

As you would expect from a Director’s Cut, this ultimate Deus Ex experience also features approximately 8 hours of director's commentaries and a 45 minute “Making Of” video. The official strategy guide is also included in-game and can be accessed through the Wii U Gamepad Neural Hub at any time. Never miss a praxis kit again!
Strategy guide included? $50 doesn't seem so bad to me anymore.

Raist

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director's Cut ANNOUNCED

Posted by Adam Badke

I think a lot of people would agree that one of the coolest movies to come out in the last 20 years or so was Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner.

Heh.

I wasn't all that interested in this previously, but now that I've seen that they've put an effort into it my ears have perked up.

Sounds like a lot of really great features, and off TV play is the only way I ever get to finish a game this size these days.

Late ports need something special to catch my attention, and the whole package on this sounds fantastic.

Richie

This only gets better the more we know of it. OP should be updated with all these announcements! I'd go for 50 bucks, personally (there'll always be sales to negate the full price if you look well enough, plus compared to what games are priced here in Mexico, it's cheaper to buy in the US even without discount) but here's hoping they announce a lower-than-expected price tag for the ultimate cherry on the cake. Would love for this to be a hit so we Wii U players can have more in this vein.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I wasn't all that interested in this previously, but now that I've seen that they've put an effort into it my ears have perked up.

Sounds like a lot of really great features, and off TV play is the only way I ever get to finish a game this size these days.

Late ports need something special to catch my attention, and the whole package on this sounds fantastic.

Yeah, seriously. I know it's easy to complain about late ports, but when there's real effort going into them, and the end result is this much of an improvement over the original game, I really don't think there's much to be bothered by in this case. I know I played this game already and I will definitely be double-dipping cuz of the off-screen play.

hatchx

Banned
I never picked this one up for PS3, so I might buy now.

59.99 seems a bit steep, but I would probably sink for 49.99 for the developer's extra efforts.

With the way games depreciate in value so quickly, pricing 2 or even 1 year old ports at full RRP is a tough sell.

Mmm, I love the smell of port begging in the evening

I am a Wii U only owner, yet port begging for PS360 now?

GAF is a shocking place o_O

I'll just point out no dev have given Wii U the benefit of having something others might want exclusively without Nintendo publishing money

no one has to port beg they just have to wait a little

Let's be real here, it's inevitable that this content will hit other platforms at some point.

the only one i'd see it having a good chance of appearing on is pc, there doesnt seem to be full on new content just reworked, so it'd surely be a patch not dlc and with ms and sony charging for patches why bother

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The implication this may hit other platforms as well as the rather impressive developer effort gives me confidence the sequel may be announced sooner rather than later. Doubly so with the upcoming movie.

pixlexic

Banned
I never did finish the game the first time because of the bosses. Not sure if ill pi k this up but the reworked bosses sounds good.

Wallach

The implication this may hit other platforms as well as the rather impressive developer effort gives me confidence the sequel may be announced sooner rather than later. Doubly so with the upcoming movie.

Mhm. I'm stoked provided that it isn't so soon that it winds up being a PS360 title rather than something for the next round of platforms.

Would definitely be interested in playing this tweaked version on PC.

sfried

I never picked this one up for PS3, so I might buy now.

59.99 seems a bit steep, but I would probably sink for 49.99 for the developer's extra efforts.

With the way games depreciate in value so quickly, pricing 2 or even 1 year old ports at full RRP is a tough sell.

It was listed as $49.99.

Frodo

I, for one, never even once asked for this... But seeing all the improvements, I might consider picking this up. Might also wait for a price drop too. Depends on the reviews/impressions of fellow players. But at least this is now on my radar.

Top Bottom