• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEVASTATION 2011 | Gaming tournament & convention | October 6-9

Axis

Chavelo said:
mj-laughing.gif

she's easy as fuck to play compared to characters in other games

execution-heavy doesn't = hard to play

Airan

Fucking hell, what a set.

Props to Latif for climbing two mountains, sick sick Viper play.

And it's bed time!

mr. puppy said:
god its good to see rufus win again

Fuck that. I hate that character. Numerous ultra setups. Snake Strike damage. dive kicks.

Yeah, Viper is the only bullshit character. People are overreacting.

DIE VIPER AND BURN IN HELL.

What a fraud character. At least Ryu can really chuck plasma out of his hands and Rufus can really defy gravity with his dive kicks. But Viper on the other hand depends on Duracell to give her any chance of winning.

Arde5643

Lots of hate towards Viper in here. hahahahahhaha.

Mahvel may be the most hyped game in the world, but man, only sick SF4 matches like this make you feel like getting a heart attack at times.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
Fuck that. I hate that character. Numerous ultra setups. Snake Strike damage. dive kicks.

Yeah, Viper is the only bullshit character. People are overreacting.

only bullshit character? not a chance

most bullshit character? by far ^_^

Satyamdas

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
I really don't understand the viper hate she is really hard to play with.

The commentators are obviously routing for Justin lol.
Dude, what?! Her dp is a quarter circle motion. If it trades you get a free ultra. The only tough thing she has is Fierce-Feint-Fierce or SJC Ultra, and that is like anything else, easy to do with practice. She can just spam whatever she wants and is always safe. Oh you got hit by my super ambiguous burn kick? I get a free ultra and/or mixup. You blocked it? You get nothing. x10000.

Viper being some character that takes superhuman skill is the biggest myth on the planet right now.

Man, remember during Vanilla days when Viper was winning tournaments?

Or during the Super days when Viper was mauling tournaments?

Or now during the AE days with Viper obliterating the tournament?

Hmm...Rufus though, never ever consistent. Marn, Wong, Ortiz, Floe didn't go to him for the wins. They wanted a low-tier character.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
mr. puppy said:
god its good to see rufus win again
This is a complete 180 from how everyone felt about Rufus one year ago.

she's not hard to play...

At national tournament level yes she is. You can't do one half of the stuff Latif does and I'm being nice.

Hah, wong's quote made me laugh, "Yeah, he knew i was looking to punish his DP's, so he stopped, and he knew how to keep me from doing too many divekicks, so I was like ok, let's play street fighter!"

edit - is marvel going to be on the same stream?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Satyamdas said:
Dude, what?! Her dp is a quarter circle motion. If it trades you get a free ultra. The only tough thing she has is Fierce-Feint-Fierce or SJC Ultra, and that is like anything else, easy to do with practice. She can just spam whatever she wants and is always safe. Oh you got hit by my super ambiguous burn kick? I get a free ultra and/or mixup. You blocked it? You get nothing. x10000.

Viper being some character that takes superhuman skill is the biggest myth on the planet right now.
So how much money is Viper asking for to return your wife?

Arde5643

Chavelo said:
The Latif hate in here:

At least you can't deny dat hype for SF4.
People don't get ultra hyped for SF4, they get ultra intense for SF4 - god damn, what a heart attack kind of match it was.

Axis

Shaheed79 said:
At national tournament level yes she is. You can't do one half of the stuff Latif does and I'm being nice.

but i can play defense instead of mashing ex seismo :)

Threi said:
gunna stay out of "is viper derp or not" debates (aside from trolling) but...

this needs to be repeated many, many times.

<3 <3 <3

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Satyamdas said:
Really? You get your stupid comment contested and you reply with this shit? Lmao. Stay free, duder.
I'm just saying you are waaay too emotional about this. It seems personal.

dragonballjoseph said:

So true. He only hit maybe a handful of what must of been 200 regular and 30 ex's.

kitzkozan

Wong has the hunger back for SFIV, should make for an interesting Season's beating VI AE tournament. :)

It's just somewhat sad that it's going to be MvC3 since Ultimate won't be released yet. I can't really can't take the game seriously and I'm sure most pros won't really give a fuck when most of them are already thinking of new strategies and mastering some of the new characters.

Axis

Shaheed79 said:

pretty sure he was just pointing out how you were wrong

no emotional investment needed!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shaheed79 said:

Saty is the president of the Fuck Viper club. I like Viper but yeah, she has tons of options that leads to huge damage.

Satyamdas

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
No, you are reading emotion into something that isn't there. I was actually laughing as I typed that post. I'm honestly amazed that so many people still buy into the whole "Viper can only be played by .0001% of the population" nonsense. Do you think Oni is banned, too?

Top Bottom