• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker |OT| at Last

BlackJace

Finished Tri route. The final fight was only difficult until the second and third phases. I got my shit together and got through it.

I ended up with the
Guardian
ending.

The most bittersweet, yet most SMT-feeling ending. Sacrificing yourself for the greater good, and leaving behind your friends and life. Alcor's still my bro though, our demigod bunnyhoodies drip with divine swagger.

Ronaldo's plan sounded absolutely ridiculous, so I knew that was out of the question. I've heard about Yamato's "Record Breaker" ending, which is apparently the true/most happy ending. Perhaps I'll try to go for that one, in a future playthrough.

Game was dope, Atlus Tax redeemed. 78 hours logged.

Rambone

Is it just me or does it seem like that the N3Ds is getting all the good RPG games of late and Vita is being left in the dust?

ohlawd

Is it just me or does it seem like that the N3Ds is getting all the good RPG games of late and Vita is being left in the dust?

3DS got some good stuff out this year already. second half is pretty weak but 2016 is looking promising

Finished Tri route. The final fight was only difficult until the second and third phases. I got my shit together and got through it.

I ended up with the
Guardian
ending.

The most bittersweet, yet most SMT-feeling ending. Sacrificing yourself for the greater good, and leaving behind your friends and life. Alcor's still my bro though, our demigod bunnyhoodies drip with divine swagger.

Ronaldo's plan sounded absolutely ridiculous, so I knew that was out of the question. I've heard about Yamato's "Record Breaker" ending, which is apparently the true/most happy ending. Perhaps I'll try to go for that one, in a future playthrough.

Game was dope, Atlus Tax redeemed. 78 hours logged.

There's two variants of Record Breaker one is bittersweet and one is basically the best unfortunately nobody knows for sure what triggers it. Seems to be some sub set of (
Fate 5 Miyako, Yamato and Alcor, picking the dialogue options that say you want Miyako and Alcor to stay when talking to them and doing the events that have Daichi and Io befriend Miyako

lNXnK1H.png

OST getting a release on 22nd July, it will have 7 new Meguro tracks, an extended version of Triangulum, some bonus thing, and the entire original ost on a second disk.
http://dsexp.atlusnet.jp/2015/06/1321/

Also, the addon spotpass thing came out, with 3 addons, one called "New Game +," a Phys related one, and a Magic related one. Not sure what any of them actually do, because my save isn't at a point where I can use them.

There's two variants of Record Breaker one is bittersweet and one is basically the best unfortunately nobody knows for sure what triggers it. Seems to be some sub set of (
Fate 5 Miyako, Yamato and Alcor, picking the dialogue options that say you want Miyako and Alcor to stay when talking to them and doing the events that have Daichi and Io befriend Miyako

I must have lucked out, I got the best version.

About how long is the Tri arc?

Just finished sep with daichi's true path and started up tri.

It took me about 13 hours or so. It was quicker since I did the Sep arc first.

Xenoflare

About how long is the Tri arc?

Just finished sep with daichi's true path and started up tri.

4 full days plus the final day. I used a New Game+ from the Sep Arc and cleared it at around 12 hours. Characters start at level 20 and level 60 end game for the first time.

Velcro Fly

In the middle of Day 3 now. Really enjoying the game. Buying/fusing is as addicting as ever. Really starting to care about some of the characters now. I think things being voiced is a big part of that since it gives them more personality.

Now I've suddenly got more party members than I know what to do with. Time to mess around in a free battle or two and see what these other people can do!

BlackJace

Yeah, I really liked the cast of Desu 1, but after it was all said and done, I was surprised as to how much I liked 2's cast.

Velcro Fly

Just fought the day 3 boss

All I can say is it was a fun fight, and the AI controlled partner you get is actually not dumb. My magic MC was acting next and easily would kill the magic weak part of the boss, so the AI controlled person actually took out the last remaining HP of the physical weak boss, enabling me to end the fight.

Think once I finish both parts of this game I might pick up the first one. Taking it slow has made me enjoy the game and not worry about being bad at it. I actually was going to get wrecked in the first part of this fight because I waited for the enemy to come to me. Bad idea! Went on the offensive the second time and I was ok.

Velcro Fly

I'm in the middle of Wednesday now and shit is starting to get heavy I feel. Like the game has finally shown me at least a glimpse of all sides and I'm going to start making those big SMT decisions soon enough. My fate screen is full so I've met everyone.

Team Tokyo is my #1. Team Nagoya is probably a close second. Team Osaka I'm not sure about.

I love this game though. Even some of the characters that at first I didn't care for I've grown to like.

My big problem is I get bogged down either wanting to fuse new demons or refine my skill set ups or whatever. And now that I've got more than four characters to use picking and choosing the right team of humans and picking the right demons for each human becomes tougher.

Game is just way more than I thought it would be. Tons of fun.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I want to buy this game but in the names of all the holy crap in the world this shit is expensive. I need to fork out money to the tune of 63 bucks where I live.... holy crap. All that price for a remake....... a seemingly well made one sure, but still..................

Riposte

Finally starting this game after buying it day 1 lol.

Can I get some tips for someone who wants to get the most out of it? I don't means tips on how to make it easier (I would actually prefer it to be reasonably challenging), but rather, to make sure I'm doing this correctly so I don't have to stress myself about missing stuff and wasting characters.

Pappasman

Finished this up yesterday. I am very impressed by the new content. I think the Triangulum arc is much better than the original game. I got
Yamato's perfect
ending. So good.

Finally starting this game after buying it day 1 lol.

Can I get some tips for someone who wants to get the most out of it? I don't means tips on how to make it easier (I would actually prefer it to be reasonably challenging), but rather, to make sure I'm doing this correctly so I don't have to stress myself about missing stuff and wasting characters.

Make sure you plan out your skill cracks. Also I've found that you really should do all of the story battles before hanging out with your party. That way you won't let any characters permanently die and also give yourself a lot of time to build up FATEs(social links).

Sakura

Played through the Sep twice now. I did the 4th path my first time through, but wanted to get the Daichi best ending my second time through. Gotta say it's a waaaay better ending. Playing through the game again was a real chore though. Wish there was an option to skip battles lol. Full voice acting was great. Can't remember if the original had it or not.

I'll start up the new route in a bit, Triangulum or whatever.

I'm not sure but I think I prefer the first Devil Survivor. I liked the character specific endings and all the themes and stuff that were going on in the game. I really enjoyed the trapped in Tokyo setting going on, it seemed more grounded in reality, if that makes sense.

Riposte

So the game recognizes if you don't do anything free battles or allow any of your leaders to die even once. I think I'll go with that, in addition to not touching the DLC.

//ARCANUM

Is it necessary to play Devil Survivor 1 before playing 2? Is it a continuing story/characters? Or is this like Persona 1/2/3/4 where its different characters/setting/story each time?

Sakura

Is it necessary to play Devil Survivor 1 before playing 2? Is it a continuing story/characters? Or is this like Persona 1/2/3/4 where its different characters/setting/story each time?

Nah not necessary at all. Different story and characters, though the setting is somewhat the same (Tokyo, demons etc)

Fusion is your friend, and try to have one or two people with flight/phantasm and Devils speed.

Flight + Devil Speed isn't great since Devil Speed sets movement rather than increases it. Phantasm + Devil Speed is pretty awesome. Chaos Breath + Devil Speed is nice too but it'll be a while between turns.

Riposte

For Botis on day 3, I can only get two of his skills at once. Which two? I was thinking Anti-Phys and Repel Elec or Ziodyne.

For Botis on day 3, I can only get two of his skills at once. Which two? I was thinking Anti-Phys and Repel Elec or Ziodyne.

You can get Anti-Phys later on in the day. Shield All , Repel Elec and Ziodyne are all solid choices.

In unrelated news: Yay, just beat Alice. Just need to finish this Kingmaker run and I'll have unlocked all the demons and cracked all the skills.

That just leaves me with actually fusing all the demons, the Tri Bonus Boss Fight and getting the rest of the endings.

Some of the restricted demon are weird (low level for their unlock conditions or have strangely weak skills / resistances)

Hikami

Been taking my time with the game, finally beat the Sep. Arc
50 hours well spent

Enjoyed this a lot more than the first game. Jumping into the tri arc immediately.

Velcro Fly

It messed with me pretty hardcore how some party members are unavailable at certain times. I didn't play for like a week and came back and completely forgot why Joe was unavailable until after a battle his video came up.

Xenoflare

It messed with me pretty hardcore how some party members are unavailable at certain times. I didn't play for like a week and came back and completely forgot why Joe was unavailable until after a battle his video came up.

The exp leaks and you can still unequip skills that are slapped onto unavailable members at the time, so it's not THAT bad.

Xenoflare

Finally back to playing again, got the fate viewer thing. So hard to know what causes it to rise, as Joe already up one immediately after getting it?

Certain choices grant points be it in the main story events or character fate events.

Certain fate events will grant a large amount of points by just viewing it.

Also I'm pretty sure each level has different threshold that also differs from characters.

It's just like social links in persona 3/4

Ponn

Banned
Does anyone that bought this recently did you get the deluxe pack or was it a standard edition? I'm trying to figure if I can chance ordering it from Amazon or if i'm better off just going to Gamestop and making sure its a launch box.

ohlawd

Back to playing before Little Battlers, I keep fusing elements are they used for something later? Also 2nd day is hard, the regular free battle enemies got incredibly hard

elements can be used to rank up or down a demon's race. like if you have a low level Avian, you may be able to score a higher level Avian through element fusion depending on which one you use. just gotta experiment to see which races rank up with each element.

fusing two elements make a Mitama which are used to boost a demon's stat without changing it to something else. they can also pass down skills. if you have a Lamia with shit skills and you fuse her with the blue Mitama (magic up, I think) with Phys Repel and other good skills, you get a Lamia with higher magic and those OP skills should you choose to inherit them.

Swamped

Banned
I finally ordered this game! Long overdue. Managed to get it for $40 instead of the $50. I immensely enjoyed the first Devil Survivor on DS, and never got around to playing the enhanced version. Record Breaker will be a completely new experience to me, can't wait, heard it's better than it's DS counterpart. It's arriving on Friday!

I love fusing to get more powerful ones but wow so many times I just free battling to get more money so I can at least have enough demons so my team can have some extras.

Also ST seems so much more important in this game, my hibiki kuze is just blowing through so many enemies using Attack alone.

Xenoflare

I love fusing to get more powerful ones but wow so many times I just free battling to get more money so I can at least have enough demons so my team can have some extras.

Also ST seems so much more important in this game, my hibiki kuze is just blowing through so many enemies using Attack alone.

Magic is still more viable when later bosses start to reflect phys. This is especially true in the Triangulum Arc

Swamped

Banned
So generally in SMT games its better to put all your points into one thing. Would to recommend strength build or magic build for first play through? Magic probably, right?

ohlawd

So generally in SMT games its better to put all your points into one thing. Would to recommend strength build or magic build for first play through? Magic probably, right?

Just go pure magic since that's what mostly everyone else does at first

Top Bottom