• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker |OT| at Last

GeekyDad

The DLC for it seems rather gross. Here's a map with free money, here's one with all the skills and another one with free XP. Really.

Didn't realize it had any DLC. Definitely don't remember Overclocked having that sort of thing, though it doesn't surprise me after SMTIV's DLC. Disheartening, actually.

Wonder if this will be the last SMT game Atlus will release for the 3DS?

I hope not. Would love to see something new, perhaps Devil Survivor 3.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Didn't realize it had any DLC. Definitely don't remember Overclocked having that sort of thing, though it doesn't surprise me after SMTIV's DLC. Disheartening, actually.

Devil Survivor 3 would be a dream come true.

Great OT work OP. I like that they are going the FE route for easy grinding DLC, but are making it free. Great way to facilitate a slight mechanic problem without changing the game.

Sadly, $50 is too steep for me atm so I'll have to wait a bit to dive in. Excited none the less!

Shengar

Will you settle for chucking them at the Oreimo cast?
I'm only settle if I can throw vending machine to Oreimo author than the cast.
Great OT work OP. I like that they are going the FE route for easy grinding DLC, but are making it free. Great way to facilitate a slight mechanic problem without changing the game.

Sadly, $50 is too steep for me atm so I'll have to wait a bit to dive in. Excited none the less!

Wait, their cheat dlc is free?

I'm only settle if I can throw vending machine to Oreimo author than the cast.

Wait, their cheat dlc is free?

In the OT it said a money grinding DLC, and a DLC which let's you recruit a demon will be free. There are others but they cost a little over a dollar.

If you meant FE then no, their grinding DLC pack of maps cost $6. Sorry if my grammar confused that, should have said "some".

I'm pretty excited for my copy to arrive. DS2 was pretty good so it should be fun to jump back in- probably going to go through the original game again before starting the new arc. Not sure if I'll play on Blessed difficulty or not, but I think having the option is great.

Shengar

In the OT it said a money grinding DLC, and a DLC which let's you recruit a demon will be free. There are others but they cost a little over a dollar.

If you meant FE then no, their grinding DLC pack of maps cost $6. Sorry if my grammar confused that, should have said "some".

Yes, I mean DeSu2 as FE know to be paid
I bought it
If it is free for a limited of time, I might ended up buying this sooner.

EDIT: Just read the info at the OP. Not the same as FEA Golden Pack, which is a bummer.

Yes, I mean DeSu2 as FE know to be paid
I bought it
If it is free for a limited of time, I might ended up buying this sooner.

I don't think the free DLC is time limited, but the spotpass demons probably will be, if Atlus USA handles them the same as Japan.

First spotpass pack is live, enabling fusion of Dantalian, Momonofu, Ishtar, Troll, Spriggan and Kau, so the same as the first set in the Japanese version.

No necessarily DeSu 3, just another SMT game. I know we still have Etrian 2 remake, Etrian 5 and maybe Etrian 3 remake. I can't seen Atlus doing much with SMT on 3DS now unless it's mayve SJ remake. (Please please)

GeekyDad

No necessarily DeSu 3, just another SMT game. I know we still have Etrian 2 remake, Etrian 5 and maybe Etrian 3 remake. I can't seen Atlus doing much with SMT on 3DS now unless it's mayve SJ remake. (Please please)

Just bought Strange Journey for the second time and am playing through again it now, but let me tell you, if they did an enhanced port like the two Devil Survivor games, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Ryuukan

time to play~

CEP3vbhUgAAzDGK.jpg

MikeDip

I have like every "big box" Atlus has done for the 3ds.

The one for this game is amazing and different than most. It's very shiny. The text is glossy as is the spine. I love it.

MikeDip

It's up now at least. Would've been nice if it was earlier though.

Downloading right now, will play after I take my last final of the semester. Really pumped up for this.

Good luck on your final! What's the course?

This will be a very nice reward, game is so damn awesome.

vall03

It's up now at least. Would've been nice if it was earlier though.

Downloading right now, will play after I take my last final of the semester. Really pumped up for this.

There! Downloading it now! Gonna leave it downloading overnight since I really need sleep right now.

JPS Kai

I'm on the fence about this one. I played through the first one once and loved it but I'm not sure if I have the time to play #2, especially considering my current backlog and stuff I haven't even touched like Etrian MD and Toukiden Kiwami.

Good luck on your final! What's the course?

This will be a very nice reward, game is so damn awesome.
Introduction to Data Structures. Generics in Java make me cry at times but other than that I should be fine.

I skipped out on the DS version to wait for the 3DS remake so I'm hoping it is indeed awesome since I've been waiting to play it for quite a while! The reviews have been splendid so far and people who played the DS version seemed to have generally liked it so I'm not too worried though.

I'm on the fence about this one. I played through the first one once and loved it but I'm not sure if I have the time to play #2, especially considering my current backlog and stuff I haven't even touched like Etrian MD and Toukiden Kiwami.

If you loved the first you can't go wrong with this. Story is a bit weaker imo but if you never played the original version the amount of new content you're getting with this is really huge.

It's a shame the ending you get in the first scenario is irrelevant to the second, in Overclocked the new scenario was a direct sequel to the ending you got, though of course it wasn't nearly as ambitious (only 1 day).

Caladrius

All in on magic is the way to go right

Physical is very viable in this game (and against most basic enemies is actually superior). That said since Jungo and Hanako already tear everything to ribbons effortlessly you'll want to go with Magic. A boss on Day 3 (I think) has Ziodyne as a skill crack. Kill him with Protag and you have a consummate mage that surpasses Fumi for most of the game.

got mine from BB. guess they felt nice enough to give me the game a day early. works sucks breh, I gotta head out later too :(

Ah, lucky! I pre-ordered mine at a local retro game shop to help support them, so I guess they felt less inclined to break street date considering how small they are. I might risk very little sleep to get some time in though! gotta play muh games!

Gears

So someone talk some sense to me. im playing monster hunter every day, and loving it. But I also want to play a jrpg of sorts. Ive got xenoblade sitting on my desk unopened. should I still buy this? Ive got a problem maybe

Riposte

I should be getting this soon. Might prioritize MonHun over it though, not mention the other reasons I'm busy. Still, I've been waiting for this for awhile and didn't realize it was coming out until like two days ago.

ohlawd

So someone talk some sense to me. im playing monster hunter every day, and loving it. But I also want to play a jrpg of sorts. Ive got xenoblade sitting on my desk unopened. should I still buy this? Ive got a problem maybe

yes

Devil Survivor is the best

Nachos

"Daich-ster"

Atlus USA managed to outdo the awkwardness of hearing Japanese honorifics in English with this
Ahh, but lest you forget, American socialization is rooted in a complex web of nicknames – both issued to and by oneself – denoting cultural and personal relationships that would not have any remote analogues. Simply leaving them intact would not have conveyed the same precision of intent and would, in fact, have betrayed the original author's wishes. For every instance of -ette and -ykins in the work, there is a salute to the glory of the burger language, and to have cringed is a telltale sign of cultural boorishness.

I don't have the game yet, but that sounds like something Daichi or Joe would say, and they're both total clods anyway.

Those SpotPass demons are pretty high level for a launch distribution, probably 7th Day in game roughly on a first playthrough.

cj_iwakura

I hope they stay in persona. It's a fun localization quirk of the persona series that I enjoy.

I think it's lazy. You can easily localize honorifics into something that western audiences can understand without a translation guide.

Soul Hackers and SMTIV did it just fine.

MikeDip

"Daich-ster"

Atlus USA managed to outdo the awkwardness of hearing Japanese honorifics in English with this

It totally fits his character though.

Also, I forgot how much I liked that dumb music that plays when something stupid happens. Amazing.

weevles

My copy is in the mail. The DLC is not a big deal to me. You can get it or not. I'm planning to get the free ones because free.

Top Bottom