• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 expansion announced - Reaper of Souls (New class, new act, darker)

red731

And here we go!

popcorn_yes.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New level cap of 70, so every class gets more skills, runes.

Loot Runs are 15-20 minutes dungeons that are completely randomised.

Paragon 2.0 - there are three big changes. It's now account wide, so all your characters will benefit. And there's no longer a cap.
THE AMOUNT OF NEWS

I CAN'T HOLD THEM ALL

HOLY SHIT

Billen

Banned
Personally I found D3 to be bit of a disappointment, to put it mildly, due to various reasons. Most of all it was the loot and AH, though.

I am cautiously optimistic about this breathing some fresh air into the game for me. Definitely something I will keep my eyes out for.

Nibel

Changes sound pretty great - I lost interest in this long time ago, but SmartDrops and additional game balancing sounds neat

Fuuuuuuckkk if this comes out for the consoles and offers local co-op like vanilla D3 then I can see myself getting this

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
As a Diablo 1&2 fan who completed 3 once then never touched it again, that sounds like a really smart change to loot. I found so much crap I just stopped caring and I was only changing equipment once or maybe twice an act, I think I've just become much less patient for gratification since the original games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Lord Phol

Only one new class is a bit dissapointed, would have loved an assassin or druid kind of character. The better loot is intriguing though, don't care about the story.

Moff

damn, I want it this year, but I'll probably be end of 2014 :/

I even cant wait to play a paladin, I always hated melee classes until Diablo3, because D3 gameplay is just so damn good, even melees are great fun.

Billen

Banned
As a Diablo 1&2 fan who completed 3 once then never touched it again, that sounds like a really smart change to loot. I found so much crap I just stopped caring and I was only changing equipment once or maybe twice an act, I think I've just become much less patient for gratification since the original games.

Worst of all, according to me, was the combination of an AH and the items with lowered level req. People in mp running around with twice their normal DPS was just boring.

MOTHER OF ALL GODS, HOLD ME, I AM LOADING 1080P QUALITY ON THIS SHITTY 3G-CONNECTION AND IT'LL TAKE ME AN HOUR TO LOAD BUT FUCK IT! LET'S GO

Your insanity is refreshing. I will jump on your hype train in a moment. :D

Nymerio

wow this sounds really good. Really Good.

You guys think they'll also add some new skills to the existing classes?

Yoshichan

And that's a wrap. Thanks for joining us!
No, thank YOU Blizzard!

Holy excitement batman! Gonna watch the footage now!

Xevren

Very happy about all this. Mainly about the itemization stuff. I had fun in Diablo 3 so definitely will be getting this.

Watching that teaser and the new environments just look like a blue version of indoors Act 1.

EDIT: Wait. They are Act 1. Nevermind me...

Kiraly

THAT OPENING CINEMATIC

GODDAMN

WHY AM I GETTING EXCITED FOR THIS

DIABLO 3 WAS UTTER RUBBISH IN THE STORY DEPARTMENT

Yoshichan

The only thing that confused me was the loot 2.0 stuff was supposed to be a free patch later this year but now it seems to be a feature of the expansion.

=/

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
yeah that trailer was pretty cool, but the story in the first game was pretty terrible.

i dont know why it feels like this will have a better story. maybe the problem was Leah or something.

The only thing that confused me was the loot 2.0 stuff was supposed to be a free patch later this year but now it seems to be a feature of the expansion.

=/

isn't that telling?

the expansion is going to be free. i'm calling it.

duckroll

The trailers look pretty good. Definitely need to see more before I have more faith in the expansion, but doesn't sound bad so far.

Thanks for keeping the first post updated Staab. :)

Einbroch

Banned
So, Loot 2.0 is an expansion feature instead of a patch that was supposed to come out this year?

Looks like their heading in the right direction, but too little too late for me. Might GameFly it for PS4, eventually.

Skab

Who is that Dark Angel in the trailer?

Former Archangel of Wisdom, Malthael.

So, Loot 2.0 is an expansion feature instead of a patch that was supposed to come out this year?

Looks like their heading in the right direction, but too little too late for me. Might GameFly it for PS4, eventually.

Loot 2.0 was never supposed to be out this year, that was just rabid fan assumption that started once the change was announced.

Yoshichan

That cinematic was really good, wow. I just wish Malthael wouldn't say a word throughout the entire thing! He's more bad ass than Diablo though, that's for sure.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
people who say this is wilson free i highly doubt they have done all this since wilson left. wilson was starting to make changes for better and was listening to feedback, this expansion didnt just suddenly appear once wilson went to another team

Top Bottom