• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

What bug? Curious.

Details on previous page.

I don't intend to criticize the game, the expansion looks fun. A Blizzard logo on a game doesn't really make me disregard price/content ratio however and I play exclusively with my SO so need x2. Just going to play the base game until I either get tired of the game, in which case I'll move on, or run out of things to do and want more.

Shifty76

Any monk players out there in GAF?

Here is my current monk I been playing since the start of d3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scorchy84-1463/hero/974428

The items are work in progress, but I finally found a build I think will get through later part of the game (I'm currently on t3 and can manage decently now).

All items except for the rings , weapons and helm are pretty much set until I trully find something better. (SOJ).

need to get better bracers, shoulders and amy asap. Also when I have the money, need to re roll both rings for Critical damage or chance.

Yeah, I main monk. Typically run T4 now, but can do 5 though it's slower than I'd like.

Actual stats: ~1.1m dps, 37% light dmg (need to get that higher), 20% elite dmg, 1400 resist, 10k armour, 350k hp.

Your amulet is pretty weak - should be able to craft something better there. Bracers try for Reaper's Wraps - they're an easy plan to get and are pretty solid until you can get some decent Strongarms or craft Aughilds.

Pants have zero resist - I'd keep crafting to get some kind of resist on them, as well as two sockets.

Why FoT as generator? It's pretty bad now. DR:SfB beats it for both dmg and spirit generation due to it's ability to hit multiple targets.

Dashing Strike > Serenity too, plus it doubles as a zoom around the map tool. Any rune works really.

Dahbomb

Deadly Reach becomes best skill to use for Monk if you have Strongarm Bracers.

Shifty you should craft Asheara's (Pants, Boots, Gloves).

Azulsky

21 Stashes and I got a Grandeur Ring.

Had to dish out the 8-9 mil to upgrade a emerald in my wep socket to counter out the CD loss but the Aughilds set bonus now is in full effect.

J2d

Took a short hiatus and started playing my monk again, disregarding my dps which is mediocre I can't believe I just died on the first elite on a torment 2 rift, I got like 13,6 mil toughness (1460 allres) but maybe too little healing? But still, my shitty barbarian laughs at this, rip monk class for me =/

Skunkers

One of my goals is being impeded based on a bug that has been promised to be fixed multiple times and the content for the price doesn't seem particularly good. I'll continue to wait I think.

It's a Blizzard expansion, if you wait for a price drop, you'll probably be waiting like two years at least.

If you are playing D3 at all, RoS is absolutely worth it, IMO. It would be one thing if you were one of the people who gave up post-launch and weren't interested in playing it. Since you're actually putting hours in now, I heartily recommend it. Adventure Mode really adds a *lot* to the game, there's a really rewarding flow to it: Run bounties to get gold and xp and possibly loot>run all bounties in an act>get horadric cache from Tyreal>pop it for loot and rift stones>use rift stones from cache to open a rift>kill everything in the rift including the rift boss>rift boss drops ton of loot and blood shards>use shards to gamble with Kadala. On top of that, Act V is pretty meaty and definitely the best Act in the game. Finally, since the buffs they got last patch, Crusaders are a really good addition to the game; especially once they start getting lvl 70 Legendaries.

Dahbomb

Guys what do you think is a better Helm for a Cluster Arrow DH... Pride's Fall or Andariel's?

Assume both have 6.0 crit chance and Pride's has Cluster Arrow damage. I think Pride's Fall edges out due to resource cost reduction. Attack speed isn't really relevant for CA DH and you aren't close to enemies to make use of the Poison Nova proc.

Azulsky

Guys what do you think is a better Helm for a Cluster Arrow DH... Pride's Fall or Andariel's?

Assume both have 6.0 crit chance and Pride's has Cluster Arrow damage. I think Pride's Fall edges out due to resource cost reduction. Attack speed isn't really relevant for CA DH and you aren't close to enemies to make use of the Poison Nova proc.

Prides Fall.

Andariel is like a stopgap helm if you arent a poison spec WD.

mileS

People trying to get Chiltara are wasting their time to be honest. It's so obviously bugged. Just do something else until they fix it.

Well they have said that next major patch would fix him. but they said that a couple days after loot 2.0 patch hit...

Nymerio

Some questions for Witch Doctors: What gargantuan rune are you using and what +% dmg type should I prioritize? I'm currently stacking fire damage but then I realized that I'm using the gargantuan that enrages when it encounters elites but that's a physical rune. The only skill that currently benefits from fire dmg are firebats. I tried switching to the fire rune gargantuan but I don't like that it only lasts for 15 seconds. So, is stacking physical damage worth it?

It can be worth it but always remember that the multiplier is more effective if you stack, let's say, 10% of each dmg (fire dmg, elite dmg, skill dmg) than 30% of fire dmg only.

So if your garguanta does not hit with fire, it's not the end of the world

Discobird

Pride's Fall will do a lot more for your CA efficiency (damage/hatred spent) than Andy's will, especially if you already have other sources of +fire damage . Take Awareness so you don't lose the buff as easily.

At low difficulties, if Andy's is the difference between a 1-shot and a 2-shot I might pick Andy's since the most efficient way to clear low difficulties is to vault aggressively and kite as little as possible.

Artanisix

Some questions for Witch Doctors: What gargantuan rune are you using and what +% dmg type should I prioritize? I'm currently stacking fire damage but then I realized that I'm using the gargantuan that enrages when it encounters elites but that's a physical rune. The only skill that currently benefits from fire dmg are firebats. I tried switching to the fire rune gargantuan but I don't like that it only lasts for 15 seconds. So, is stacking physical damage worth it?

The fire rune gargantuan is easily the best and with grave injustice, he'll always be up for elite packs. He hits way, WAY harder than any other garg. I wouldn't even bother going with +fire% dmg unless the rest of your build is fire too, I pump physical and use the fire rune garg and he still crits for 70million+ with mask of jeram and midnight feast.

Dec

It's a Blizzard expansion, if you wait for a price drop, you'll probably be waiting like two years at least.

If you are playing D3 at all, RoS is absolutely worth it, IMO. It would be one thing if you were one of the people who gave up post-launch and weren't interested in playing it. Since you're actually putting hours in now, I heartily recommend it. Adventure Mode really adds a *lot* to the game, there's a really rewarding flow to it: Run bounties to get gold and xp and possibly loot>run all bounties in an act>get horadric cache from Tyreal>pop it for loot and rift stones>use rift stones from cache to open a rift>kill everything in the rift including the rift boss>rift boss drops ton of loot and blood shards>use shards to gamble with Kadala. On top of that, Act V is pretty meaty and definitely the best Act in the game. Finally, since the buffs they got last patch, Crusaders are a really good addition to the game; especially once they start getting lvl 70 Legendaries.

I get it, but since I didn't play the game much before, there is still stuff to do, like leveling all classes.

Once I'm bored with the game I'll either get the expansion or wont. I've never really lacked games to play, but if I want the expansion I'll get it regardless of price. Just going to hold off a bit.

SaiyanRaoh

I'm not going to attempt the behind the scene number crunching in the game but how the heck are come of you breaking the 400,000 dps mark, let alone 1,000,000. I have 4 level 70s and I don't think neither of them have more than 300,000. I have 3-5 mil on toughness but it takes too long to kill anything. Am I not getting the loot others are because I only do solo play?

I'm not going to attempt the behind the scene number crunching in the game but how the heck are come of you breaking the 400,000 dps mark, let alone 1,000,000. I have 4 level 70s and I don't think neither of them have more than 300,000. I have 3-5 mil on toughness but it takes too long to kill anything. Am I not getting the loot others are because I only do solo play?

crit damage gem in weapon, crit dmg and crit and attack speed on rings/gloves/necklace, main stat gems in legs and chest, decent dps weapon, a hellcat/fleeting strap/witching hour belt , crit chance and attack speed on helmet

all those boost your damage a lot

also when people say 1m dps they usually mean selfbuffed with their passives etc, it is hard to get 1m in the profile and you usually give up some sheet dps to use the act1 ring, a Stone of jordan and some elemental dmg items

Kyoufu

I did Malt on T1 a bunch of times without any reaper drops.

Thankfully I already had a Reaper's Wraps in my stash which I enchanted to Fire%.

garath

On my 6th reapers wrap craft for my DH. Apparently my poor drops luck also bleeds into rolls Lol. I managed to get a great wrap for my crusader on the second try. DH is proving much more difficult. All I need is two of three to show up - crit chance, dex, fire damage. Is that so hard? Lol

scy

farming for mats is so fucking boring. Been trying for the last hour to spawn a mob that drops essence of the seas... didnt spawn once

Just waiting for the Razormouth bounty or running the sewers over and over? Either way, not seeing him at all in an hour is pretty unfortunate.

SaiyanRaoh

crit damage gem in weapon, crit dmg and crit and attack speed on rings/gloves/necklace, main stat gems in legs and chest, decent dps weapon, a hellcat/fleeting strap/witching hour belt , crit chance and attack speed on helmet

also when people say 1m dps they usually mean selfbuffed with their passives etc, it is hard to get 1m in the profile and you usually give up some sheet dps to use the act1 ring, a Stone of jordan and some elemental dmg items

Thanks for the info. As far as farming goes, does everyone do their farming on normal - master difficulty? I read something awhile ago that said torment loot drops are supposed to be different from normal - master. Is that still correct? If that's the case, I guess I better set it to normal so I can breeze thru mobs to get some decent loot. I do okay on T1 but as I said, It takes forever to kill anything. My Barb has something like 12-13k healing so I'm sure that's the reason I stay alive.

Azsori

Thanks for the info. As far as farming goes, does everyone do their farming on normal - master difficulty? I read something awhile ago that said torment loot drops are supposed to be different from normal - master. Is that still correct? If that's the case, I guess I better set it to normal so I can breeze thru mobs to get some decent loot. I do okay on T1 but as I said, It takes forever to kill anything. My Barb has something like 12-13k healing so I'm sure that's the reason I stay alive.

After the latest patch the the material drop rate in the torment modes is noticeably higher.

On my 6th reapers wrap craft for my DH. Apparently my poor drops luck also bleeds into rolls Lol. I managed to get a great wrap for my crusader on the second try. DH is proving much more difficult. All I need is two of three to show up - crit chance, dex, fire damage. Is that so hard? Lol

I also have the worst luck on my DH. My most played toon.

Alebeard

Neo Member
Im playing my barb, and D3, for the first time in a long time, kinda skimming the legendary gear and looking for what I want to try and farm or whatever. Is it just me not quite getting it yet, or do barbs unique gear just kinda suck in comparison to the other classes? Lots of cool proc effects on stuff like Sorc and Crusader gear and not much going for the barb. That being said, im having a hella lot of fun with him.

ZenaxPure

Im playing my barb, and D3, for the first time in a long time, kinda skimming the legendary gear and looking for what I want to try and farm or whatever. Is it just me not quite getting it yet, or do barbs unique gear just kinda suck in comparison to the other classes? Lots of cool proc effects on stuff like Sorc and Crusader gear and not much going for the barb. That being said, im having a hella lot of fun with him.

Barbarians have wayyyyyy less unique gear than the other classes, especially useful ones. That said, all 3 of our class sets are actually pretty good so there is that.

Azulsky

Just waiting for the Razormouth bounty or running the sewers over and over? Either way, not seeing him at all in an hour is pretty unfortunate.

For Twin Seas the best way is Caldeum Sewers.

RazorMouth has spawned 2x this weekend for me in about 12 hours of farming.

I have never seen the Monstrous Dune Thresher Bounty.

You need to find a friend who wants to do it too and you both just reroll the game until the quest comes up and join on that person.

scy

For Twin Seas the best way is Caldeum Sewers.

RazorMouth has spawned 2x this weekend for me in about 12 hours of farming.

I got him two times back-to-back yesterday morning.

I'm still pretty sure I dreamed that.

Thankfully, I crafted decent-enough Crimson pieces for the time being so I'll put the farming off. On the bright side, T4 runs of the sewers are easy and you get Asheara's and Aughild's mats occasionally too. It's almost as if they knew those would be the most desirable sets.

dengatron

torment 6 bone warlock rift boss is true terror. spawning reflect skeletons every 10 seconds or so and allowing me to 2shot myself on them is incredible!

Nymerio

The fire rune gargantuan is easily the best and with grave injustice, he'll always be up for elite packs. He hits way, WAY harder than any other garg. I wouldn't even bother going with +fire% dmg unless the rest of your build is fire too, I pump physical and use the fire rune garg and he still crits for 70million+ with mask of jeram and midnight feast.

The problem I have with the gargantuan is that he seems to attack creeps randomly. That's the main reason I switched back to the permanent one. I always summon and he runs off to attack a random enemy and I end up with a wasted cooldown. Unless there's a way to get my pets to attack a specific target? And I'm still working on that Mask of Jeram, but no luck as of now :(

It can be worth it but always remember that the multiplier is more effective if you stack, let's say, 10% of each dmg (fire dmg, elite dmg, skill dmg) than 30% of fire dmg only.

So if your garguanta does not hit with fire, it's not the end of the world

That's good to know, I don't think I even have any +% elite damage :|

Just completed my Aughilds, Demons, Captain Crimson gear build. Accumulated the following bonuses:

Regenerates 2000 Life per Second
Reduces cooldown of all skills by 10.0%.
+50 Resistance to All Elements
Reduces all resource costs by 10%.
Reduces damage from ranged attacks by 7.0%.
Reduces damage from melee attacks by 7.0%
Reduces damage from elites by 15.0%
Increases damage against elites by 15%
Ranged and melee attackers take 6000 Fire damage per hit.
Chance to Deal 25% Area Damage on Hit.
+15% Damage to Demons
Chance to reflect projectiles when you are hit by enemies.

Gained about 1.5mil toughness but lost about 100k sheet damage compared to my max dps gear build.

Really happy how it turned out. Profile here.

RDreamer

Finally got mats for reapers wraps. Had a hard time deciding which character to make them for. Decided on my main, monk... And it turned out that it would be better for my DH. Perfect really for her. Guess that also means I won't be cannibalizing her haunt of vaxo for my monk, either lol.

Tarazet

I'm essentially at 1M sheet DPS on my Monk.. all I would need to do is put on a pair of rare pants and stick a couple emeralds in them. The biggest upgrades I saw were from the high rolls on the weapons, the Andariel's and just the cumulative high CHD from the jewelry and gems (up to 549% before paragon levels). But I am squishy as shit. This gear would be totally unsuitable for anything over T1. It's tuned for maximum efficiency at that difficulty, and to have exactly enough survivability to usually get through the T1 rifts without falling over.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

aborath

Neo Member
Got a little bored of my WD and monk, so the other day I rolled a wizard. I decided to go lightning, but I'm told that lightning sucks, that I should just go fire. Meh, whatever. It looks cool, and I kill stuff okay. After more than a little farming, I got the Aughild's pieces that I wanted (sort of, got tired of beggaring myself rerolling the chest). Now I need the unique belt (wassit called), and an Andariel's.

As an aside, the Haunt of Vaxo is actually kind of cool. The shadow clones spam random wizard spells that do decent damage. With my currently build, they're guaranteed to be up when not on cooldown.

Here the is: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PinkPuff-1701/hero/35964418

The sheet damage should be something over 700k with Magic Weapon on. And I'm getting the 3-piece bonus from Aughild's, though it doesn't show. Thanks to my ring.

Nokterian

I have it with mask of jeram and midnight feast passive. And yes he hits like a truck with elites it's easy as sitting back and watch the show.

finally had the time to play. got my crusader to lvl 70 and lvling up paragon.

in the mean time i've been transmorg my gear just so i can look cool :D

ib1rwCwF9FXjIS.jpg

RDreamer

Just found this. They're fixing that damage bug, right? So in the future I might get even more damage?

stVCUuv.jpg

Also does anyone have a clue what the damage from the blob is on pus spitter? I can tell it's proccing, and I think I can tell it's doing something, but I can't really tell what.

RPGCrazied

When should I try Torment 1? Expert rifts are so/so right now. I can die if I'm around some nasty elite mobs, but other things I mow down with my wizard. My Paragon level is really low though, only like 26 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom