• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
NmDrUww.png
h9HolfI.png

Since were posting drops. Great night!

Going to try for a good Cindercoat now and more Marauders.

Are you kidding me with those rolls.... wow. Both of them are damn near perfect....

Playing around with Pride's Fall now. Holy crap the difference is huge.

Get a socket in your FD. FD is great if you stack cool down reduction. I can blaze through T1 and kind of do T2 with my build and I've gotten shit rolls so my EHP is really low. I can survive in T3 but it's sketchy at best. When the FD procs I can dump LTKs like crazy. It's almost comical how fast I'm pooping them out and they do a ton of dmg.

You need a better amulet (main stat) and bracers (ele dmg). See if you can craft reaper's wraps. It's great for monk since building spirit blows.

thanks! I made a couple changes according to what you said.

Would you mind linking your build?

Nete

As I'm still unable to loot a Fate of the Fell or more Crusader set pieces, I've started to mess again with another build. This time a Captain Crusader build with both, Gyrfalcon's Foote and Jekangbord, and somehow each new build I try it feels better than the last, even using gear far of being optimized for it.

Blessed Shield has been my favourite spender since the beta, but as I've said few times, I don't really like the damage output of the cooldown skills with 1handers. With that in mind, I'm using BS as the only damage dealer skill (except at T4+, where I add Bowmen for some extra help against single targets)... and oh my, I'm cruising T4 at hyperspeed. An entire Goblin rift pack died in around 3 seconds.

I actually can do T5 almost as fast as T4, and T6 at a very good speed, but my crappy damage against isolated targets makes them not as worth as T4 at least while I don't optimize my gear. I could add Heaven's Fury for extra punch against them, but I just don't want to drop Steed. Would be a good option in party tho, its something I will need to test tomorrow.

Also, Rift it Forward community is GREAT.

veras

Heaven's Fury runes aside from Fires of Heaven will never be good enough as primary damage dealers based on my experience, as long you're fine with that, then it certainly works. They also seem to be bugged with Judgment: Resolved as they don't gain the +80% crit chance.

Also this means you don't want to use AC Rally because once you cast it again, the beams refreshes so you can't stack them.

Actually, it sucks. Forget about it imo.

Yeah, using it as a primary damage dealer was what I was curious about.

Hum, I got a great Fate of the Fell (2883 DPS 1100 STR socket) but don't really care for Fires of Heaven, though maybe if I was more geared around it I'd like it better.

Current setup is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/veras-1931/hero/46482704 and I steamroll T3, and T4 is doable but feels inefficient since the Maximus demon starts dying a lot and the rift boss tends to take forever. Also hammers are dumb. Wondering where I should go from here/what my options are.

Totakeke

I think blessed shield builds will remain the overall fastest crusader builds at higher torments. Other stuffs you just have to deal with cooldowns.

Dahbomb

The proc sucks because it happens so rarely. And when it does proc you realize it too late and by that time the effect has already expired.

When I first got this item I thought it was godlike, until I tried it out.

Tarazet

Has anyone ever gotten a legendary off of the champions that the Nemesis Bracers spawn? I swear it has never happened for me or any of the 3 folks I roll with, but yet they still complain if someone else but me clicks it..

scy

Heaven's Fury runes aside from Fires of Heaven will never be good enough as primary damage dealers based on my experience, as long you're fine with that, then it certainly works. They also seem to be bugged with Judgment: Resolved as they don't gain the +80% crit chance.

You sure? Their crits should still be listed as white damage, not yellow.

Edit: Double checking this in some runs is making me wonder. I'll do some more standalone tests on this later.

Also this means you don't want to use AC Rally because once you cast it again, the beams refreshes so you can't stack them.

I mean, you still have other cooldowns worth spamming in this instance.

As I'm still unable to loot a Fate of the Fell or more Crusader set pieces, I've started to mess again with another build. This time a Captain Crusader build with both, Gyrfalcon's Foote and Jekangbord, and somehow each new build I try it feels better than the last, even using gear far of being optimized for it.

Blessed Shield has been my favourite spender since the beta, but as I've said few times, I don't really like the damage output of the cooldown skills with 1handers. With that in mind, I'm using BS as the only damage dealer skill (except at T4+, where I add Bowmen for some extra help against single targets)... and oh my, I'm cruising T4 at hyperspeed. An entire Goblin rift pack died in around 3 seconds.

I actually can do T5 almost as fast as T4, and T6 at a very good speed, but my crappy damage against isolated targets makes them not as worth as T4 at least while I don't optimize my gear. I could add Heaven's Fury for extra punch against them, but I just don't want to drop Steed. Would be a good option in party tho, its something I will need to test tomorrow.

Also, Rift it Forward community is GREAT.

I've been running it for awhile. If I had a better Gyrfalcon's (mine's 2k DPS non-Holy), I'd probably be fine at T5 for regular runs. Currently looking at ~15m per clear depending on layout and that's just not fast enough. I run it with Condemn, Heaven's Fury, and Bowmen (when soloing) for the extra damage though.

Sillution

Jealous of all of you with good royal grandeur rings and all 4 of mine suck. Been gambling way to many shards at Kadala and have yet to find a single upgrade yet.

iirate

Kekegi's is the only route to 74.94% CDR for monks, so if you're trying for 100% Epiphany uptime, you need it.

Personally, I want one to work towards a physical support build for grouping that maximizes EP explosions and has 100% Epiphany - Soothing Mist uptime.

ElyrionX

Has anyone ever gotten a legendary off of the champions that the Nemesis Bracers spawn? I swear it has never happened for me or any of the 3 folks I roll with, but yet they still complain if someone else but me clicks it..

People rarely get legs from elities. Period.

2 Silver Star Piercers in the same rift. It's a shitty quiver ffs. Ugh.

Finished the night dumping another 500 shardes into chest armors. Not a single leg...

Current setup is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/veras-1931/hero/46482704 and I steamroll T3, and T4 is doable but feels inefficient since the Maximus demon starts dying a lot and the rift boss tends to take forever. Also hammers are dumb. Wondering where I should go from here/what my options are.
I love my Maximus. When I first got it I tried it on my fire barb (replacing TF+Devastator) and it just wasn't as good.

But then I threw the Maximus on my fire crusader and WOW. The damage is unreal. This sword was made for crusader. Currently using Slash+Sweep and farming T2 with ease.

I just need to get the boots that allow you to move through enemies to make positioning the fire chains easier.

zon

Finally got a Cindercoat for my fire barb, and then I managed to get 3 sockets on the very first try!

Feels good to find end game items. :)

Skunkers

NO FUCKEN LEGENDARIES!!!

RNG and all, but I've never gotten a Legendary from a goblin ever. Or cursed chests for that matter. I actually feel like goblins should have a slightly increased chance for Legendaries to justify having to chase them down (especially on higher difficulties where it can be tougher to bring them down quickly without them kiting you into more mobs and possibly champion/elite packs).

Totakeke

You sure? Their crits should still be listed as white damage, not yellow.

Edit: Double checking this in some runs is making me wonder. I'll do some more standalone tests on this later.

Maybe I don't understand dot damage, but it does seem that way.

I mean, you still have other cooldowns worth spamming in this instance.

It just has little synergy with Rally considering it doesn't need it and it doesn't proc it much either.

After days of Kadala not dropping anything, she gave me 2 Chantados, a ball of hate and a mirrorball in the space of 50 shards! RNG makes no sense...

Totakeke

FYI Crusaders. When you're affected the buff actually only lasts 5 seconds instead of 10. This isn't tied to the some runes not taking effect bug though, those still happens when you have a 10s buff.

The passive isn't working. Easy to see. However, you can fix it.
1) Choose the Long Arm of the Law
2) Choose the Law you want
3) Problem solved
CLARIFICATIONEDIT: If you have the Law in your toolbar and then choose the Long Arm of the Law passive, it will not work. It will remain at 5 seconds. If, however, you do not have the Law in your toolbar, then set your passive to Long Arm, then put the Law in your toolbar, then you will get your full ten seconds of Long Arm Enjoyment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/23qiw4/an_easy_fix_to_the_long_arm_of_the_law_bug/

Grampasso

I did, an Oculus Ring (posted a while ago)

FtHTiny

FYI Crusaders. When you're affected the buff actually only lasts 5 seconds instead of 10. This isn't tied to the some runes not taking effect bug though, those still happens when you have a 10s buff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/23qiw4/an_easy_fix_to_the_long_arm_of_the_law_bug/

It still doesn´t work most of the times. And it doesn´t work with the stop time rune. The shield itself seems to have some dmg treshold.
Tried to become permanent invincible, it would have worked if the rune would work like it is described.

Totakeke

It still doesn´t work most of the times. And it doesn´t work with the stop time rune. The shield itself seems to have some dmg treshold.
Tried to become permanent invincible, it would have worked if the rune would work like it is described.

Like I said, this isn't that bug. It's a different bug where the buff icon actually only lasts five seconds.

Grampasso

BV and Ambush are pretty much mandatory so I would drop NS--you will save a lot of discipline with Pride's Fall anyway. I would love to run NS but DH's are, fortunately, pretty spoiled for choice when it comes to passives. It's a hard call but I think Awareness is worth it.

I'm in the same boat as you about Vault haha. I only bring SS for T6, otherwise Vault and ROV - Flying Strike are my only defensive skills most of the time. I would probably use SS for T5 too if I didn't have the unity + immortal follower combo, but I think I would still keep Vault on my bar.

Danetta's set is not for everyone but I think it's perfect for DHs like you and me.
If only revenge would drop ç_ç I got 3 spites.

Yes, plenty

elites don't drop that many legs (most come from chests for me) but a free rare elite pack is a free rare elite pack and I have gotten quite a few legs from them over time

Raide

Damn Blizzard have done a bang up job making the loot drops good and dragging me back in. Just killed the Butcher again and he dropped 2 orange swords. I now have a Sever which seems awesome.

Sunk so many hours back into this and I don't even have RoS yet. :D

V_Arnold

Jealous of all of you with good royal grandeur rings and all 4 of mine suck. Been gambling way to many shards at Kadala and have yet to find a single upgrade yet.

A wonderful example of how the one percent works. Jealous of you all with a functioning ,silent personal helicopter. I have four, but I swear that the rotors are too loud and noisy, I cant even watch a movie in that thing -.-

garath

Which act cache for pride's fall? I think I'm going to farm for that tonight. Got my second legendary ever from Kadala.. a Garwulf cloak. If I ever get some more forgotten souls I'll get the sockets on it and probably use that instead of my blackfeather. 3 wolves sounds awesome. Guess I'll slow my crazy desire for Cindercoat and try for Pride's fall.

Celegus

Great gif. I haven't got one ring in about 500 bounties.

Same here. I usually sign into my wife's account and join my game while doing bounties if she's not playing just to have two shots at a ring. (don't tell her I'm stealing it if it drops on her account!)

Boogdud

I've been running it for awhile. If I had a better Gyrfalcon's (mine's 2k DPS non-Holy), I'd probably be fine at T5 for regular runs. Currently looking at ~15m per clear depending on layout and that's just not fast enough. I run it with Condemn, Heaven's Fury, and Bowmen (when soloing) for the extra damage though.

I've been running it as well, mainly because i got a jekang a while back, but I've never seen a gryph drop. The build is pretty good even without it, though you have to use provoke or something because you'll get resource starved, especially on single targets.

So what are people using as damage for single targets? Bowmen are good but man it takes a long time to kill something with just them, at least at my gear level.

For primary I've been using justice/burst which isn't so great (like most crus builders), for single targets I pretty much just use FotH/tempest. I can't decide if laws of valor/crit is worth keeping or not. It's ok combined with the bowmen for some short burst.

I think gear is what's holding me back but I swear this character is cursed. I can switch to my wd and legendaries just fall out of the sky. Granted they're bad legs for the wd, but at least something drops. The Crusader I can go through 4-5 rifts at t2 completely clearing and get zero legendary drops. Then I'll do a 6th and get a soul.. thanks.

Boogdud

I got a plan and a dagger off of one boss mob from a shrine last night. Ok, it was a quiver plan and a crappy pig sticker (I was on my wd), but still. It's possible!

Up until 2 nights ago I had never seen a treasure goblin drop a legendary. Even from vanilla days.

edit: crap, thought I was editing my post. Sorry for the double.

Same here. I usually sign into my wife's account and join my game while doing bounties if she's not playing just to have two shots at a ring. (don't tell her I'm stealing it if it drops on her account!)

Before you disappoint yourself I don't think cache legendaries are tradeable to party members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom