• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure how I feel about this bloodmage build. I like it visually, seeing those mages shoot blood is great, but it has the same issue as the Rathma pet build, keeping the mages up is unnecessary busywork, and im missing those resource bracers (fucking things never drop and its like the only item I didnt have from previous seasons) so im always struggling for mana no matter what combination of passives and shit I use.

Also it only works for T13 (at least for me) because your health goes up and down so much, I dont see how you wouldnt go splat instantly in 70+s. And the problem, as usual, is that Inarius still does the same shit, but better for T13 so...its kinda moot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So looking towards Season 11 as my first foray into that world...How does one gear up a fresh 70? Do you just start on T1 and run Adventure More and rifts and give T2 or T3 a try as you see fit?

kennah

So looking towards Season 11 as my first foray into that world...How does one gear up a fresh 70? Do you just start on T1 and run Adventure More and rifts and give T2 or T3 a try as you see fit?

You gear as you go with your fresh 0, lol.

You'll get drops as you level. Run the highest Torment you can stomp everything. The experience bonus you get from killing a lot of creatures is better than the experience bonus for having a high torment. Do bounties until you get the plans for Cains Set from your Horadtric cache, then Rifts to 70, then bounties to keep your Legendary powers cubed.

Sanctuary

not sure how I feel about this bloodmage build. I like it visually, seeing those mages shoot blood is great, but it has the same issue as the Rathma pet build, keeping the mages up is unnecessary busywork, and im missing those resource bracers (fucking things never drop and its like the only item I didnt have from previous seasons) so im always struggling for mana no matter what combination of passives and shit I use.

Also it only works for T13 (at least for me) because your health goes up and down so much, I dont see how you wouldnt go splat instantly in 70+s. And the problem, as usual, is that Inarius still does the same shit, but better for T13 so...its kinda moot.

Here's the Rathma's version...with auto casting mages. Still requires Reaper Wraps, but it's nowhere near as busy as the Trang's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0LaWk-cqwk&t=0s

Maledict

Um, the bracers aren't a drop. They are a crafted item. The recipe drops from Malthael the first time you kill him in any mode as a guaranteed drop...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Um, the bracers aren't a drop. They are a crafted item. The recipe drops from Malthael the first time you kill him in any mode as a guaranteed drop...

Son of a bitch lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I unlocked most of the skills for necromancer. Now I have to figure out what I like playing. I unfortunately felt like I wasn't digging a lot of the skills anymore.

I'll still have to see how it is at max level with a set obviously

So I'm a fresh lvl70 necro.
Working through the different acts and clearing bounties.
Done a couple of normal rifts and some greater rifts.
Currently on torment 2.

I managed to get some inarius gear from the blood shard lottery but is the only place it can drop?

New to the game on x1 so still learning.

Xanathus

Y'know... seeing as the season 11 journey has that 8 set conquest which means you need to play 2 different classes, the best strategy might be to just play as the Wizard first because you get the Tal Rasha set and then set it up for speed farming, and then gear up a Necromancer (or any other class).

VandalD

So I'm a fresh lvl70 necro.
Working through the different acts and clearing bounties.
Done a couple of normal rifts and some greater rifts.
Currently on torment 2.

I managed to get some inarius gear from the blood shard lottery but is the only place it can drop?

New to the game on x1 so still learning.
Nah, you can get set gear like Inarius as regular drops. The blood shard gambler doesn't have anything exclusive. It just lets you specifically target an equipment slot to hopefully get an upgrade for.

Sanctuary

For those that haven't seen them yet, here's the Necro speed farming builds. Both are similar (but they are different), and they are pretty much only for farming essentially everything prior to GR65 - 70, with an extremely low skill cap. Not sure there's anything faster yet for the class, and the fact that it revolves around Corpse Explosion is a bonus. They also happen to be a lot of fun too, but feel more like playing a Raekor Barbarian, Inna's Monk or a Sorceress IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSUVZpp7fCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EF4axQFek

Anyone here trying higher GRs with their Necro? I've done 90 pretty easily but 95 and up I noticed sometimes my Corpse Lance will destroy elites in 2 seconds and other times I can go through an entire Land of the Dead activation and the elite's health will barely move. Is there some place the increased damage is coming from?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Y'know... seeing as the season 11 journey has that 8 set conquest which means you need to play 2 different classes, the best strategy might be to just play as the Wizard first because you get the Tal Rasha set and then set it up for speed farming, and then gear up a Necromancer (or any other class).

Oh oops, I hadn't seen that they posted the season 11 info. Here are the Haedrig sets:

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20845160

"Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia"

The treasure goblin portrait is nice:
Js2PaeV.jpg

Anyone here trying higher GRs with their Necro? I've done 90 pretty easily but 95 and up I noticed sometimes my Corpse Lance will destroy elites in 2 seconds and other times I can go through an entire Land of the Dead activation and the elite's health will barely move. Is there some place the increased damage is coming from?

Maybe they are barely out of the bonado range or Krysbin's Sentence is not proccing. An untimely elite shield would also halve Land of the Dead output.

Alternatively it could be some adverse effect related to one of the exploits they have still not patched out.

Rhaknar

probably the 300% dmg CC ring that doesnt work on juggernaut affixes

eek5

Necro should be able to do boss mode, avarice, divinity (gr75), speed demon (tx in 2 min) pretty easily.

Then again tal is probably the best free set.

Sanctuary

Pretty much what I was going to do anyway prior to 400ish paragon. It might be old hat for those that primarily play the Wizard every season, but I played the hell out of the class before and during the start of RoS then moved on since. I still think it's fun leveling with Disintegrate and then later Archon.

Question.

I have two sets of the same Ancient Legendary boots where 3 of the 4 stats are the same. One is clearly high, so I decided to use it. However, the 4th stat that is different I wanted to reroll to be the same as the stats on the both boots since I want Resist All Elements instead of armor, but I cannot. It won't let me reroll that stat at all.

Wtf?

Wallach

Question.

I have two sets of the same Ancient Legendary boots where 3 of the 4 stats are the same. One is clearly high, so I decided to use it. However, the 4th stat that is different I wanted to reroll to be the same as the stats on the both boots since I want Resist All Elements instead of armor, but I cannot. It won't let me reroll that stat at all.

Wtf?

You cannot roll Resist All on an item that already has an individual resist in the secondaries.

Xanathus

Patch 2.6.0 hotfixes, RIP Inarius, Bones of Rathma is slightly better but still a very annoying playstyle
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757516466

Items
Fixed an issue which caused the six-piece bonus on the Grace of Inarius set to proc the effect of Mirinae and other on-hit effects too frequently (7/7)
Adjusted the Bones of Rathma six-piece set bonus based on player feedsback (7/7)
The six-piece bonus will now grant 625% (up from 250%) damage to your minions and Army of the Dead skill for each active Skeletal Mage with a total cap of 2500%. With this, players will only need to summon four (down from ten) Skeletal Mages to receive the full six-piece set bonus. Additional Skeletal Mages can still be summoned to attack your enemies, but aren’t needed to maintain the bonus. This makes maintaining the bonus less time consuming and allows damage to ramp up more quickly at the start of combat. The total number of Skeletal Mages that can be active at a time is unchanged (ten). (7/7)
Enabled the item Hellcat Waistguard to begin dropping once more (7/7)
Fixed an issue which allowed certain Necromancer Legendary items to be equipped by non-Necromancer classes (7/7)

Skills
Fixed an issue where Marked for Death with the Grim Reaper rune was incorrectly spreading the damage from the skill Frailty (7/7)

Maybe they are barely out of the bonado range or Krysbin's Sentence is not proccing. An untimely elite shield would also halve Land of the Dead output.

Alternatively it could be some adverse effect related to one of the exploits they have still not patched out.

probably the 300% dmg CC ring that doesnt work on juggernaut affixes

Hmm OK thanks, will keep messing around to see what's going on

VandalD

It's probably a necessary nerf tbh, I imagine it's still good after this, no? But yeah that Rathma playstyle sounds very unappealing.
Been using Rathma. Keeping mages up isn't so terrible when you have the ring that summons an extra whenever you do. But yeah, I'd have preferred something more like Command Skeletons, because repeatedly summoning mages isn't very satisfying. Having the button maybe have your permanent mages retreat to a position while giving you or themselves a buff would've been more engaging. I want to order my minions to do cool things, not be their summoning bitch. But at least they got it right with the golem and regular skeletons.

The other problem with Rathma seems to be that it wants you to use Army of the Dead, and I'm thinking that skill doesn't count as a minion attack. This would be a big problem if true, as my personal damage is pretty garbage. All the power is in my pets. Also.. what does Revive even do? It doesn't say anywhere how much damage revives do. Are they just around to body block attacks? I feel like I should be using these two skills as a pet focused necro, but they don't make sense to me.

I wonder if they realize the main issue people had with Rathma is unchanged. If you want to maximize damage you are still going to dump out 10 mages. Good to see the Teardrop being nerfed out of the Inarius build. That gem is used too much already.

A bunch of people salty on the official forums about no bannings or rollbacks.

IceMarker

Well, hotfixes are something at least, I really hope they release a more substantial balance patch before the season begins tho.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I wonder if they realize the main issue people had with Rathma is unchanged. If you want to maximize damage you are still going to dump out 10 mages. Good to see the Teardrop being nerfed out of the Inarius build. That gem is used too much already.

A bunch of people salty on the official forums about no bannings or rollbacks.

I mean, the problem for me isn't Rathma or any other set, it's Skeletal Mages in general. Temporary minions, unless they're super OP, are just lame. They're glorified spells, if you had to cast your spells a bunch of times in a row for them to be really effective, and you literally saw them "die" after a few seconds.

At least make them last a minute like Bone Armor or something. It's just so annoying to recast the same spell 5 times every 10 seconds.

Takuan

I got to 70 and am still catching my bearings. Kanai's cube is new to me, so I did that quest and converted as many items as possible into relevant neco set items. Got 2 pieces of Inarius and 2 Rathma's this way, until I ran out of Death's Breaths.

I'm still severely undergeared. I survive T1 without an issue, but because my damage output is pitiful it takes forever to clear enemies. What's the optimal approach here? I've just been running AM, joining rifts wherever possible, and gambling at every opportunity.

It seems Kanai's is a good approach to getting set / unique items, so DB farming would appear to be ideal here; the problem is, in T1 they don't seem to drop very frequently. I've read that in T12/13 they drop like candy from Champions, but how do I get there?

kennah

I got to 70 and am still catching my bearings. Kanai's cube is new to me, so I did that quest and converted as many items as possible into relevant neco set items. Got 2 pieces of Inarius and 2 Rathma's this way, until I ran out of Death's Breaths.

I'm still severely undergeared. I survive T1 without an issue, but because my damage output is pitiful it takes forever to clear enemies. What's the optimal approach here? I've just been running AM, joining rifts wherever possible, and gambling at every opportunity.

It seems Kanai's is a good approach to getting set / unique items, so DB farming would appear to be ideal here; the problem is, in T1 they don't seem to drop very frequently. I've read that in T12/13 they drop like candy from Champions, but how do I get there?

Run Rifts over and over and over again. Or Bounties. Bring the difficulty down one notch so you are plowing through enemies. The bonus xp multiplier makes up for the loss of the bonus base percentage. Repeat.

Rhaknar

this breka before season was the best thing I could have done, actually getting excited again for the season.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Run Rifts over and over and over again. Or Bounties. Bring the difficulty down one notch so you are plowing through enemies. The bonus xp multiplier makes up for the loss of the bonus base percentage. Repeat.

Which are better for gear and shards? Rifts or Greaters?

Sanctuary

Well, I was saying Trang's was the second best set, not far behind Inarius. Now the top solo GRs are Blood in EU and Asia. Seems like the higher you go in GR though the more boring the game becomes with the Necro anyway. Inarius was basically just stand there doing nothing, letting your Mirinae do everything for you until your Land of the Dead was up for Elites. The Tranq's build just casts Decrepify on everything (uses the passives that make your curses cost 50% less as well as adding a 1% damage boost per enemy afflicted) and doesn't kill anything but elites with Corpse Lance within Land of the Dead.

Anyway, since when did Siegebreaker spray fireballs from his stomach? I have never seen that before, but just encountered it.

Which are better for gear and shards? Rifts or Greaters?

Been wondering this myself. Seems like a combination of both though, and you have to do normal rifts to even enter greaters anyway unless using the community that allows you to jump from GR to GR, only needing to open one yourself occasionally. Nothing drops in a GR until the boss from most enemies, and I see plenty of legendaries and set items while in a normal rift on the way to the boss, as well as from the boss. You just can't upgrade gems in a normal rift. Specifically shards though? Probably GRs. I haven't actually paid that much attention, but I do know that I'd end up with 1200 in 30 - 45 minutes while doing GRs in the 70s.

Ryck

Did the latest patch Nerf Wizards? I was soloing 62's with ease and now I can't even kill basic enemies in a 62.

:/

Dreavus

Uh, is the game down right now? I'm getting "client server mismatch" even after repairing.

I really do not want to have to try reinstalling!

Narag

Uh, is the game down right now? I'm getting "client server mismatch" even after repairing.

I really do not want to have to try reinstalling!

I just logged out but I saw lots of chatter about that in chat so guessing service issues right now.

ferr

My guess is Rathma's 6p or some other item once gave "your summoned minions never die", but ran into major exploitation when mixed with other skills and canned it. So we got stuck with a half-baked, "we'll fix it later" set.

Top Bottom