• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

Damn, thats quite bad stuff. :/
Blizzard should not let this cross save to happen between the last gen and current gen. That was a huge mistake.

Eh, it has nothing to do with the character transfer stuff. UEE was hacked pretty much day 1 as well, if you actually go to ebay and look at the items being sold you will see a lot of it is RoS only items which would be impossible to transfer (since they didn't exist in the old game). Blizzard did put in a patch that addressed it a bit, but, it is literally impossible to stop the hacking entirely.

I get excited over little things, but this thing is bloody brilliant

yQoSkKH.jpg

Holy shit. I need to ditch my Demon Hunter toot sweet.

Don't worry, you'll outgrow that weapon soon enough :)
That's why I was ticked off about wasting the materials. :p

That said, I managed an undo by physically unplugging the power cable from the back of the PS4. Anyone know of a less drastic way of accomplishing the same thing? Switching directly to Standby, or choosing Close Application from the Dynamic Menu, maybe? lol

Aiii

So not worth it
So since I imported my PS3 save to my PS4 I was lacking some of the regular story trophies, so I put the Story mode on Normal to quick rush through all the quests and get the missing trophies from that quickly.

I shit you not, I have run through act I and started act III and I've gotten two legendary plans, three regular legendary drops and two legendary gifts already. Not counting the gift from killing a Nemesis kill.

What is going on?!

I got the Cuisses of Akkhan and need some help deciding what to enchant on it.

It already has a gem slot, but I've pretty much narrowed what I want down to two options: Enchant my one gem socket for two gem sockets, or enchant either 816 life per second or +12% punish damage for +500 vitality.

If you use/plan on using the Finery Passive, go for 2 sockets. Otherwise re-roll that life per second to something more useful.

That's why I was ticked off about wasting the materials. :p

That said, I managed an undo by physically unplugging the power cable from the back of the PS4. Anyone know of a less drastic way of accomplishing the same thing? Switching directly to Standby, or choosing Close Application from the Dynamic Menu, maybe? lol

Next time, just close application, assuming your game didn't auto save. Pulling the plug might cause problems later on.

Weird question but if I want to save two local characters I need two PSN accounts, right?

If both accounts are logged into on the same console do they need to be "friends" on PSN?
The other player wouldn't need a PSN account, just a profile on your machine. Setting them up on PSN is optional.

Edit: And to be clear, you know each player gets like 10 characters, right?

Next time, just close application, assuming your game didn't auto save. Pulling the plug might cause problems later on.
Are you certain that works? I pulled the plug because I wasn't sure if Close Application was a force-quit, or a graceful quit which gave the game an opportunity to auto-save on its own.

Are you certain that works? I pulled the plug because I wasn't sure if Close Application was a force-quit, or a graceful quit which gave the game an opportunity to auto-save on its own.

It is a force quit and doesn't auto-save. Pulling the plug might cause hard drive corruption, resulting in you losing all your data and having to re-install the OS.

Number45

I suddenly have the urge to pick this up for the PS4. I bought the PC version at release but didn't play it extensively. What turned me off the most was the click to move system, I really can't get into that for some reason. I did enjoy everything else about the game, despite not getting too far, from what I remember.

How does it control on the PS4? Should I give the PC version another shot instead of buying it again? Will it be somewhat accessible to my gf, who has never played this type of game before or is it pretty hardcore?

Thanks!
The console controls are a revelation. If that was your main concern, I say go for it!

seph1roth

Hi guys!

I have a barbarian, i haven't touched the game since 2.0 and RoS, i don't have a good barbarian (600K DPS and 9million toughness without any set) so if you can recommend me a good build i will appreciate it.

Thx guys

hydruxo

Got a spare pair of Reaper's Wraps if anyone wants them.

Also if anybody has some low 60 lvl legendaries they don't mind sending me so I can salvage them and get Forgotten Souls that would be much appreciated! It takes me forever to get those damn things haha.

PSN: hydruxxo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tip for news like me I just learned

Once u r 70 and beat the game just play your bounties and rifts on normal, as you get no further rewards unless you jump til torment.
I'm playing on Master -- aren't I benefiting from the gold bonus, XP bonus, and imperial gem drops?
Can someone clarify this? I'd like to save myself some trouble if possible, lol.

KingV

I booted diablo ii original on PC last night and couldn't find a game anywhere. Has everyone pretty much moved onto RoS specific content?

nikos

If you're at all in to this type of game, you won't be sorry. It's pretty awesome.

The only reason why I didn't play the PC version much is click-to-move, it drives me insane for some reason. To put it another way, I enjoyed Dungeon Hunter: Alliance on the Vita so I'm sure I will love this.

Now I need to figure out which class to play (again). Ugh. Excited to jump back in though!

ZangBa

All these legendary drops and still no Maximus, not even once :<. I think I've acquired every single blacksmithing plan by now, too.

Kamina

Golden Boy
These people with 'Professional Russian's' swords are getting on my nerves.
Whats fun about running around with a 10M weapon that does 5 Attacks per second?

Anyone happen to know how fast the game clock runs? Like, I recover 10AP/s, but I don't need to wait a full second before I get any at all. So does that stuff happen at 60 Hz, 100 Hz, or what? Does it run independently from the rendering? I'm guessing if my adjusted attack speed is 2.0, I'll recover 5AP in the time it takes me to perform an attack, but how granular is it? Will I recover 6AP if my attacks take 0.6s to perform?

And I assume channeling works the same way? So my Disintegrate will do 680% Arcane Damage per second, divided in to clock-tick-sized chunks? And it spends power the same way? 18AP per second, divided in to ticks? How often does it roll for crits? Once per "attack," I would assume. Yes?

Audioboxer

What to go with GAF? Sacrifice some health for more damage?

IMG_20140901_211922.jpg

I can't actually wrap my head around how the stats work in D3, to me it seems like the weapon on the right should do more damage with the 1371-1636 extra?

edit: Okay I changed standoff to a green emerald as per advice above and it does more damage now lol.

I'm at 36%, that decent?

Yeah, that's good. Higher is better of course. But make sure you have enough crit damage. I like to do a 1:10 ratio (crit chance: crit damage).

What to go with GAF? Sacrifice some health for more damage?

IMG_20140901_211922.jpg

I can't actually wrap my head around how the stats work in D3, to me it seems like the weapon on the right should do more damage with the 1371-1636 extra?

The weapon on the left has strength and attack speed. Generally, you should always have your main stat (strength, dex, or int) on your weapon, and never vitality.

Just started gaining paragon points - as a Crusader, where should I put the points into?

Wherever you want, since you can always respec the points anytime. My setup:

Movement speed (to max or 13% if my boots have 12% move speed)
Cooldown reduction
Resistance to all
Resource cost reduction

I plan to max out the above, then points into strength and area damage.

Points into movement speed has good returns, and the cap speed is 25%. Better to have a different affix on your boots.

Top Bottom