• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kak.efes

Anyone want to carry me in nephalem rifts? My crusader can handle his own in T1. In T2 he's pretty sketchy. I got a dozen or so keystones.

MAX PAYMENT

This game is sold the hell out on xbox one where I live. I really want this, but digital seems the only way to go. But I don't want to lose the ability to sell.

What say you gaf?

Just got this sweet looking coat from Kadala:

DiabloIIIScreenshot2014-09-0101-55-07.png~original

I think I've hit a wall as far as getting my Crusader stronger. I can do T1 rifts ok, haven't tried T2 yet. I still have a fairly low 560K DPS and 3784k armour. Does going to T2 give you better legendaries?

hydruxo

I think I've hit a wall as far as getting my Crusader stronger. I can do T1 rifts ok, haven't tried T2 yet. I still have a fairly low 560K DPS and 3784k armour. Does going to T2 give you better legendaries?

All the torments get you the same legendaries, the only thing that changes is the rate at which they drop is higher at each consecutive torment difficulty

Do you know what the logic behind this is? Keep seeing it mentioned, but I haven't seen anyone say why.

I don't know exactly why, but I think of it like this: if you rarely crit, you'd only get bonus damage once every 10 attacks (or even less frequently). It wouldn't be worth having a ton of crit damage if you can only do it so infrequently. If you crit more often, you'd want more damage of course.

So should I only take note of this if I have a good crit rate?
An easy way to know how much your crits are contributing to damage is to multiply your crit chance by your crit damage. So with a 10% chance at +50% damage, that works out to +5%. That's how much your crits are increasing your base damage, on average. So if your base DPS was 100k, it would be 105K with the 10%/50% factored in.

That said, your Damage — listed under your character pic — already averages in crit damage, along with stuff like attack speed, general damage boosts, etc. So it shows the 105k, not 100k. It just doesn't include situational factors, like +10% Fire Damage. To see that factored in, you need to hit Square and scroll to the description for Fire Damage Increase. So if your Damage under your pic was 105K, under your 10% FDI, it will say your Fire Damage is 115,500. That's your DPS when using Fire attacks, and 105k is your DPS for everything else (assuming you have no other elemental bonuses).

-PXG-

Wherever you want, since you can always respec the points anytime. My setup:

Movement speed (to max or 13% if my boots have 12% move speed)
Cooldown reduction
Resistance to all
Resource cost reduction

I plan to max out the above, then points into strength and area damage.

Points into movement speed has good returns, and the cap speed is 25%. Better to have a different affix on your boots.

Having both Cooldown AND Resource cost reduction is counterproductive, assuming your'e using Akarat's Champion. The high your CDR, the less time you will have to worry about your Wrath, since Akarat's Champion as such insane Wrath regeneration.

I recommend this:

Core - Fill up Movement speed until you reach 25%. 25% is the max movement speed for all classes. Once you do that, put all remaining/ future points in Strength. You're a Crusader, you should have a TON of strength already. Enough said...

Offense - This all depends on what your overall CDR, or rather, how much CDR your gear gives you. The lower it is, the more you should invest in it. Ideally, you want your CDR to be at least 50%. Once you achieve that, you can put the rest of your points in Crit Damage. You should have some kind of mix of CDR and Crit though. Right now, I have mine split evenly because my gear and skill set offers a lot of Crit Hit and Crit Chance buffs as is.

Utility - Again, assuming you use Akarat's Champion and have have high CDR, you really should not worry about your Wrath at all. There is no need to invest in Resource cost reduction at all. Instead, invest all points in Area Damage. Read this and this for more info and why it's so good.

Defense - Unless you're really squishy, just put everything in Resist All. If you're constantly using Akarat's Champion, your overall toughness will be pretty high. Plus, your gear and whatever passives you're using will give you armor buffs anyway.

Having both Cooldown AND Resource cost reduction is counterproductive, assuming your'e using Akarat's Champion. The high your CDR, the less time you will have to worry about your Wrath, since Akarat's Champion as such insane Wrath regeneration.

I recommend this:

Core - Fill up Movement speed until you reach 25%. 25% is the max movement speed for all classes. Once you do that, put all remaining/ future points in Strength

Offense - This all depends on what your overall CDR, or rather, how much CDR your gear gives you. The lower it is, the more you should invest in it. Ideally, you want your CDR to be at least 50%. Once you achieve that, you can put the rest of your points in Crit Damage. You should have some kind of mix of CDR and Crit though. Right now, I have mine split evenly.

Utility - Again, assuming you use Akarat's Champion and have have high CDR, you really should not worry about your Wrath at all. There is no need to invest in Resource cost reduction at all. Instead, invest all points in Area Damage. Read this and this for more info and why it's so good.

Defense - Unless you're really squishy, just put everything in Resist All. If you're constantly using Akarat's Champion, your overall toughness will be pretty high. Plus, your gear and whatever passives you're using will give you armor buffs anyway.

I'm planning to move my points out of resource reduction once I have 5/6 of Akkhan's set. Only 2 more pieces to go for that.

-PXG-

I'm planning to move my points out of resource reduction once I have 5/6 of Akkhan's set. Only 2 more pieces to go for that.

What do you need? I have extra pauldrons. I might have another piece too if I'm not mistaken.

I still need Fate of the Fell. I have a TON of extra legendary gear I don't need or want plus I can craft quite a bit too.

I recommend this:

Core - Fill up Movement speed until you reach 25%. 25% is the max movement speed for all classes. Once you do that, put all remaining/ future points in Strength

Offense - This all depends on what your overall CDR, or rather, how much CDR your gear gives you. The lower it is, the more you should invest in it. Ideally, you want your CDR to be at least 50%. Once you achieve that, you can put the rest of your points in Crit Damage. You should have some kind of mix of CDR and Crit though. Right now, I have mine split evenly because my gear and skill set offers a lot of Crit Hit and Crit Chance buffs as is.

Thanks for this.

PXG, can you hook me up with some Crusader gear? :p

What do you need? I have extra pauldrons. I might have another piece too if I'm not mistaken.

I still need Fate of the Fell. I have a TON of extra legendary gear I don't need or want plus I can craft quite a bit too.

I have a helm that sucks and needs replacing, gloves, pants, and shoulders. I need the chest and boots, and a better helm.

I have FotF. Can't wait to do the Holy Shotgun build!

catspit

Guess youre talking about the PS3/X360 version, right?

Thanks! Im not aware of the additions! Will take a look at it later! :)

When I was talking about online cheating, I was referring to the ps4 version. (90% of players in torment 6 public games are using hacked gear. So don't join high torment public games and only game with friends if you want to avoid this) (ps4)

-PXG-

I have a helm that sucks and needs replacing, gloves, pants, and shoulders. I need the chest and boots, and a better helm.

I have FotF. Can't wait to do the Holy Shotgun build!

YOU HAVE IT!!!!?!?!?!?!!

You're on my friend's list too. You're hi-fi_famicom right? I'm now, gimme a sec.

Audioboxer

Got my first two green drops doing bounties on Master :D Plan: Sages Journey, and then The Wailing Host (ring).

Shouldn't be long now before I move onto Torment.

Anyway to influence chances of better loot with Kadala? Should I save my blood shards till I go to Torment? (I'm assuming she gives better stuff in higher difficulties).

funkypie

Banned
This game over 100 act bounties, no rrog. Getting other good loot all over, but from caches not one beam of light.

read a few pages back. there is an easy solution on how to get the rrog to drop.

get 10 act 1 caches.

go home town and make sure the save icon isnt there.

use all caches at once, if the ring isn't there. use the home button to exit application. load up again and you will be back at base with your caches, keep repeating until you get the ring.

I'm still looking for a Cindercoat for my Crusader. I have a couple of SoJ and a Gyrfalcon's Foote among other stuff in my stash for trade. PSN youngadultnovel if you're interested.

SDCowboy

I'm home from work sick with some kind of stomach virus today. The good news is it allowed me to get my DH from 46 to 68. lol

BokehKing

Banned
So which stat should I replace on this at the enchantress?
7uzh6Jx.jpg

this is the little buddy that comes with the sword, he is my best friend, we are attached at the hip, but when enemies cross our chain's they take like 350k damage every second

n1vZixA.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You will need to work on your resists a defense. Can't just focus on your offensive stats.

Top Bottom