• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE Shares Details of Frostbite Engine 2 (DirectX 11 Enabled)

Wouldn't it be weird if Cell became this really amazing thing that improved games' graphic fidelity ten-fold, and Ken Kutaragi was right all along. What if it somehow pulled the PS3 out of the gutter and Sony had no choice but to re-hire Ken and apologize. I know it would never happen, but wouldn't that be like every PS3 fanboy's dream come true? The amount of Crow eaten would preposterous.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dizzan said:
Where's the pics/vids?
It's in development still. There are some lighting render test examples in the middle of the first page however, but they don't really show anything outside of a technical view.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
johnFkennedy said:
Wouldn't it be weird if Cell became this really amazing thing that improved games' graphic fidelity ten-fold, and Ken Kutaragi was right all along. What if it somehow pulled the PS3 out of the gutter and Sony had no choice but to re-hire Ken and apologize. I know it would never happen, but wouldn't that be like every PS3 fanboy's dream come true? The amount of Crow eaten would preposterous.
2rnj8r9.png

Dizzan

MINI Member
Nirolak said:
It's in development still. There are some lighting render test examples in the middle of the first page however, but they don't really show anything outside of a technical view.

Ah thanks. Saw them. The OP is a little misleading as it says any images are in engine not in game

dioxys

Afrikan said:
OT.
hmmm... I plan on visiting Stockholm later this year or maybe early next year.....

when is the best time to visit for this native San Franciscan?

I like my weather to be around 65 degrees (18.3 Celsius).

I don't like hot weather...imo, 80 degrees (26.6c) and up........and really cold...imo, 50 degrees (10c) and lower.

I'd say it's better in the spring when people over here think that temperature is warm after the winter.

Lee N

Membre
dioxys said:
I'd say it's better in the spring when people over here think that temperature is warm after the winter.
But spring is unreliable here in Sweden. The weather is all like.. LOOK SUN--AH, JUST KIDDING SNOW!

Haunted

That's a nice view.

-SD- said:
I don't even know what these are showing. :( Lighting? Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Amir0x said:
*mumbles*

please let the destruction be like Red Faction, please let the destruction be like Red Faction, please let the destruction be like Red Faction...
Engine would have to be built from the ground-up with that goal in mind, and pretty sure they're not going for that level of destruction with Frostbite 2.

CamHostage

johnFkennedy said:

I think it could have happened if they hadn't shortchanged the system so badly on RAM.

konrad77

Haunted said:
I don't even know what these are showing. :( Lighting? Nothing looks out of the ordinary.
Realtime global illumination? I have to agree that the images were not that impressive. Nice to see that they (as many) others go with differed shading. We can probably be sure of see some night missions in BF:BC 2.

Top Bottom