• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty well i guess, i still look too young to my taste (still being carded), but hey, at least it will be nice when i'm 40-50

here's me when i was 21:

Sw5B8L0.jpg

and here's me right now, at 29 :

womfalcs3

Banned
I've aged pretty poorly. At 29, I suffered a stroke... so my motor skills and speech have suffered. I've had a stressful job... I look 40 at 31.i have white strands in my beard. My hair is thinning in the front.

Kickz

I am 30 and get confused for 20-21 still. Doesnt help that I grow facial hair at the same rate as an 11 year old

I don't think I've done too badly, but I'll be 36 this year and certainly wouldn't be mistaken for much younger than I am. Still have the same body as my 24 year old self, though! Wahey~

SDCowboy

I think so, yes. I'm 31, and I'd say I look closer to 21.

I also look much better now than back when I was younger, as my metabolism has finally slowed down enough that I've filled out some.

holygeesus

Banned

No idea whether I'm grey or not, as I shave every week down to the scalp due to receding in my late teens (honestly). Weirdly, my hair loss hasn't continued, so although thin on top, I would have expected more baldness 20-odd years later.

I do have grey in my beard though, but I don't grow it out, though a few days of stubble and you start to see it. Found my first grey chest-hair today though :(

Remarkably, considering a stressful few years, I don't have a single wrinkle or bag under my eyes. My skin has weathered though, as I have spent all my working life outside in all weathers. I also have a few broken capillaries on my nose, which again I guess is a weather thing.

I have a bad family history for varicose veins etc but none of those yet. All in all, could be a lot worse. Still breathing for one.

Creepy

I'm 30 and I look 15.

I get ID'd attempting to do anything with an age restriction of T/15/16+

I'm still waiting to just look my age.. from 10 years ago!
So... Yes... I guess I have aged well... in that I haven't at all.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm 36. People say I look at least 20 years younger, so I guess I'm happy with that.

It wasn't until I was 34 that I got my shit together and started a proper career, too, so I think ageing has done me good overall.

Pau

People still mistake me for a middle or high school student so I guess I did? Although I've gained weight from then so it doesn't feel like I have. :(

Ive gotten fatter since i hit my 20s. Since being 65 KGs when i was 19 - 20 yrs i am ~ 115 kgs these days. So nah havent aged that well, but my diet is also crap.. :p

Meowster

Definitely. I looked terrible throughout middle school and high school and didn't bother doing anything to make myself presentable. I look so much better now in my early twenties.

Dirca

Fuck no, I'm 41 and I'm falling apart. It's like the warranty ended a couple of years ago.
In here for you friend. 42 and the same problem. Got married at 25 and was quite damn decent looking. Then the weight came. Then the hair left. Then the kids came. The hair won't come back but I've been working on the weight to no avail. My metabolism is like LOLOL WUT?!? A few work friends saw my wedding day pictures and how I looked then. Their response was "holy shit...what the hell happened to you?". Felt bad man.

Sunster

I looked like a goblin in middle and high school because I was super skinny and wore baggy clothes and was pale. now I wear clothes that fit and go outside as much as any normal human and gained about 80 pounds. people from my past always remark on how I look sooo much better so I guess it's true. lol

sphinx

the piano man
what's this about? is it:

.- have you aged gracefully? (as in, you look your age but look rather well)

or

.- do you look younger than you are?

I think I've aged gracefully, I also think I look my age, 39

gun_haver

i've aged quite badly in terms of hair but my skin is all right. i'm only 28 and i'm half bald, it's pretty annoying cos otherwise i would look my age, but oh well that's dying.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I look worlds more handsome at 31 then I did at 21. More muscel, extra weight (that fills me out better) and I learned how to do my hair perfectly for my face. No one in my family has ever went bald and I have extra thick hair. Use to hate it, but now that everyone around me is going bald, I'm sitting pretty with a perfect head of hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom