• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ages: 1, 5, 13, 22 (23 in May)

16336854312_38c4208b90_b.jpg

16337726555_89e6be8dfc_b.jpg

16390512536_8e35434d5c_o.jpg

16071787987_efc8f57e82_b.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Herne, in that last picture, you look like someone.

I won't say who it is because you've probably heard it before.

Herne

Herne, in that last picture, you look like someone.

I won't say who it is because you've probably heard it before.

Please don't say Jarvis Cocker... please don't say Jarvis Cocker... My friends keep telling me I do and I can't decide whether they're being serious or not, which isn't helped by their laughing at me when I deny it.

Speevy

Banned
Please don't say Jarvis Cocker... please don't say Jarvis Cocker... My friends keep telling me I do and I can't decide whether they're being serious or not, which isn't helped by their laughing at me when I deny it.

I had to look up who that was.

No, I'm just referring to the way your face is turned to the side.

I think it's your eyes because your chin is different, but you kind of favor Clay Aiken.

You probably look totally different from the front so I'm not saying you're a spitting image or anything.

Herne

I had to look up who that was.

No, I'm just referring to the way your face is turned to the side.

I think it's your eyes because your chin is different, but you kind of favor Clay Aiken.

You probably look totally different from the front so I'm not saying you're a spitting image or anything.

Similarly, I had to look up who Clay Aiken is. That's a comparison that works in my favour even if I don't see it myself at all, so thanks :)

People are getting kind of worked up about me wanting to get my teeth straightened since my orthodontist couldn't do a thorough job.

Regardless, thank you all for kind words :)

yeah. I've always had a bump on my nose I've wanted smoothed out and some dental work as well. When a was a kid I was terribly insecure about my nose but I've grown used to it. I don't think it's ugly anymore but i'd still get some light work done on the bridge.

Well, maybe bump this thread when you turn 36 or something like that.
You're 20...2

I'm 42 and i think i aged okay. I'm bald though and that sucks.

Herne

I'm gonna fucking regret this.

Yikes. I really did not age well at all.

It's just the hair, you don't look older than your age or anything. My brother is 25 and over the last two years he's lost his (except he grew a beard so it looks like all the hair just flopped down from his head to his chin). One of my cousins is younger still and he's completely hairless.

Symphonia

Banned
It's just the hair, you don't look older than your age or anything. My brother is 25 and over the last two years he's lost his (except he grew a beard so it looks like all the hair just flopped down from his head to his chin). One of my cousins is younger still and he's completely hairless.
It's not just the hair, man. I started losing that when I was 21. That newer photo of me is a couple of months old now, I've now completely buzzed my hair. I have a fair bit of facial hair to make up for it thoughh. I get called upside-down face as I have more hair on my chin than I do on my head, haha. But it's also weight and the bags under my eyes and stress lines too. It's depressing to see how much I've changed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
jCL4JSnmAJyYF.jpg

Me at age 14ish

jUTgC43cr4I6.jpg

Me now at age 35.

I aged like a fine wine!

Herne

It's not just the hair, man. I started losing that when I was 21. That newer photo of me is a couple of months old now, I've now completely buzzed my hair. I have a fair bit of facial hair to make up for it thoughh. I get called upside-down face as I have more hair on my chin than I do on my head, haha. But it's also weight and the bags under my eyes and stress lines too. It's depressing to see how much I've changed.

Like I said, we can all be our own worst enemies. You're obviously not going to look like you did at sixteen since people change so much around that age. You don't look like you've changed all that much to me, though.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I get asked for id every now and then. I just turned 27 :(
Blew my workmates mind when I told her how old I was. She thought I was around her age (19) I laughed hard.

For reference
rjnLHuV.jpg

Me and my best friends recently compared a picture that was taken when we were 17-18 and a recent one (we're all 28-29 now)

nS4Ww7g.jpg

We pretty much look the exact same

0DrbST6.jpg

My 89 year-old grandma and I...

0hOHZZr.jpg

This is me at 14

asvpxjad

Banned
now that I've got your attention, please tell me how to post photos from mobile :)

Test: Me at 19 someone let me know if it worked

photo.php

Symphonia

Banned
Like I said, we can all be our own worst enemies. You're obviously not going to look like you did at sixteen since people change so much around that age. You don't look like you've changed all that much to me, though.
Personal perception, init. I think I look older than my age, others say I look my age. I just kinda wish I looked after myself growing up. Drink and drugs fucked me up.

I get asked for ID every now and then. I just turned 27. Blew my workmates mind when I told her how old I was. She thought I was around her age (19) I laughed hard.
Jeez, looks like you discovered the secret to eternal youth. You've aged ridiculously well, Lucian.

linkboy

I'm 35, and I get a lot of people who think I'm at least 10 years younger when they try to guess my age.

So yes.

Based on how my parents aged, I figured I've got about 10 more years before things start to slow down (my parents both had great vision, for example, but needed to switch to glasses around 45).

Me in 2005
4RthCHC.jpg

Me in 2014
GXaziRY.jpg

entremet

I think people have warped sense of aging.

Unless you're living a crazy stressful life and destroying your body, most people will look the same up until their 40s.

If you undergo dramatic weight loss you may even look younger as you age.

Only able to look back at teens vs. now (21), still pretty much the same, but I'm half convinced I took on some face chub or something. Probably being hard on myself.

I am convinced I'm gorgeous with some camera angles and dopey with the rest.

New002

I was carded for an R movie in my late 20s...so you could say I've aged terribly or wonderfully depending on how you want to look at it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom