• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

AlanOC91

So my mega is now Age 18 and my Ultimate 15. I have a feeling my mega will die off soon.

It's hard keeping the Digimon synced together. Earlier in the game I had an Ultimate and a Champion and the Champion died over illness :-/ So then I had an Ultimate and a Baby. It really really threw them out of sync.

This game has a heartkilling improvement. Digimons who are about to die will now act sad and tired few hours before death. I felt awful seeing my first mega cry in pain and getting behind in movements.

I Managed to get Grankuwagamon as my first mega, who provived to be strong enough to beat first mega boss.

Stuart444

Didn't even see the OT till now.

Not played much yet, plan on doing it soon probably but the graphics do look a lot better just from the starting stuff. Looks really good

Kouriozan

I just unlocked the Digivolution Dojo level 2, the new feature will be really useful.
Super happy with how my Digimons are turning out, current ones are Gallantmon and Craniamon. Taking care of your pets and seeing them grow stronger is so addicting.

sensui-tomo

Taking care of your pets and seeing them grow stronger is so addicting.

This game coming out was the best thing to happen for me. I was stuck on thinking that the only way i'd get another game like this was hoping that Koei-Tecmo was going to do an odd announcement and say Monster Rancher 5 be a thing. But i'll take the game i wanted ever since the disapointment of Digimon World 2 aka dungeon crawler (i hated it )
NOTE: Best Buy is doing a promotion with Bandai Namco anime games, buy a bandai namco game , get the other one 50% off + GCU .

Qwark

I just realized this game isn't supposed to come out till Tuesday, Best Buy sent my copy to me on Friday. I'm guessing that's why my pre-order code isn't working?

Lagamorph

Amazon UK still failing.
Despite promises on Saturday that it would be dispatched within 24 hours, here we are 48 hours and still absolutely nothing.

Have been on to complain again to them and just got told "Oh we'll ask the fulfillment center to send it as soon as possible, please wait 24-48 hours more"

Complained again, telling them that I could get it from a local retailer but for £10 more than the price I paid to Amazon. Their first offer was to give me some credit to buy it from one of the other sellers on their site advertising it as in stock, but none of them offer prime delivery so I'll still be waiting 2-3 days for it.

Eventually settled on them cancelling the order, giving me £5 of credit to my account and a months extension of my Prime membership, so that I can pick up a copy from Game today.
Utter shambles really, literally everyone has it in stock except Amazon themselves it seems.

AlanOC91

Amazon UK still failing.
Despite promises on Saturday that it would be dispatched within 24 hours, here we are 48 hours and still absolutely nothing.

Have been on to complain again to them and just got told "Oh we'll ask the fulfillment center to send it as soon as possible, please wait 24-48 hours more"

Complained again, telling them that I could get it from a local retailer but for £10 more than the price I paid to Amazon. Their first offer was to give me some credit to buy it from one of the other sellers on their site advertising it as in stock, but none of them offer prime delivery so I'll still be waiting 2-3 days for it.

Eventually settled on them cancelling the order, giving me £5 of credit to my account and a months extension of my Prime membership, so that I can pick up a copy from Game today.
Utter shambles really, literally everyone has it in stock except Amazon themselves it seems.

Yep I had a feeling something was up. A few days before it released the Amazon page had it listed as out of stock which I found strange but I had it pre-ordered for ages. It was supposed to dispatch the day before launch but got stuck for a whole 48 hours on "preparing for dispatch" so on launch day I just cancelled it and bought the physical version in Gamestop. It was worth the extra price to avoid headaches with Amazon support.

In terms of my game progress:

My mega and ultimate died :( Funnily enough my Ultimate (aged 17) died before my Mega (aged 21) which I found strange. So got my two new Digimon and trained them up. They inherited a LOT of stats (started with around ~300) which made it easier to train a lot. I also had the bonus stats for digi-evolution which meant both my Champions had roughly 10k HP and around 800-1000 in stats. I now have two new Ultimates. Both
GrapLeomon
. Which was not intended btw :p

What is cool though is that I learned
Gigawatt laser
from
Machinedramon
and they can both use it! It's insane, so so strong. I think it was
3500 power but costs 3500 mana or 65 OP

This also might be helpful for some people (I had no idea there was a small number indicator for example, also explains why I had such a hard time with RedVegimon, they are Champions):

It is actually kinda hard to tell how strong the digimon is.

The level is an indicator but the difference between a level 20 and 27 Rookie is very minor.
On the other hand the difference between an level 20 Ultimate and 27 Ultimate is insane.

Next to the name is a very very small number 1, 2 and so on, which tells you if the digimon is Champion, Ultimate and so on. So when you fight against an enemy first look at this indicator and then the level.

As an example in the vulcano area is a Meteormon (Ultimate) which is Level 8. Even if you can kill the Level 25+ Shamanmons around that area, you probably die against Meteormon.

So always Evolition > Level.

Airbar

Neo Member
As someone who loved the original despite the broken PAL version, does this one scratch the same itch? I loved how the original was more open compared to Pokemon and to see File City growing. Is the city part comparable?

Yep I had a feeling something was up. A few days before it released the Amazon page had it listed as out of stock which I found strange but I had it pre-ordered for ages. It was supposed to dispatch the day before launch but got stuck for a whole 48 hours on "preparing for dispatch" so on launch day I just cancelled it and bought the physical version in Gamestop. It was worth the extra price to avoid headaches with Amazon support.

In terms of my game progress:

My mega and ultimate died :( Funnily enough my Ultimate (aged 17) died before my Mega (aged 21) which I found strange. So got my two new Digimon and trained them up. They inherited a LOT of stats (started with around ~300) which made it easier to train a lot. I also had the bonus stats for digi-evolution which meant both my Champions had roughly 10k HP and around 800-1000 in stats. I now have two new Ultimates. Both
GrapLeomon

What is cool though is that I learned
Gigawatt laser
from
Machinedramon
and they can both use it! It's insane, so so strong. I think it was
3500 power but costs 3500 mana or 65 OP

This also might be helpful for some people (I had no idea there was a small number indicator for example, also explains why I had such a hard time with RedVegimon, they are Champions):

AFAIK evolution will extend the life span of a Digimon. If they don't meet the requirements for evolution when time is up for their current evolution phase they'll die.

I was able to get past the
first machinedramon fight
by power training two ultimates(getting megas on normal is hard lol). I actually kinda stomped him, power levels in this game are weird.

Kouriozan

As someone who loved the original despite the broken PAL version, does this one scratch the same itch? I loved how the original was more open compared to Pokemon and to see File City growing. Is the city part comparable?

Yes, absolutely, new Digimons can open new building and you can even upgrade those now.
I also played the PAL version of World and used some weird save converter method to get past that blocking Agumon.
Honestly, I'm in love with Next Order, I like how both your partner interact when their Digi Friendship (might be called something else in English) is high enough.

Hackmon is probably the hardest of that bunch. I think he's the second hardest rookie to get, first being that kid lucimon or whatever it is.

Thanks for the answers. I wonder how hard are those Digis to get.

Yup, Hackmon is insane due to how little time you have to digivolve into him. Having said that, Jesmon is insane as well, but is doable.
Checked my field guide ,Gumdramon is in as well, tsunomon digivolves into him.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I give up with this game. It's so frustrating. Still can't find a Salty Fruit and I have been around this starting area countless times. My digimon are pathetic despite having evolved them into champion level. They just keep dying against single enemies and I'm having to start from the beginning again and run away back just to die again. I am trying my best but just don't have enough items such as bandages or recovery discs. Tried using the vending machine to buy some but can only afford one bandage but both digimon won't shut up crying because they are hurt. The sounds are way too repetitive and annoying.

What a waste of £40. I really enjoyed the original digimon world game but this just sucks so bad. I know it's my fault for buying it at launch but it looked good from what I saw of it.

Drayco21

My Amazon Pre-Order isn't going to get here until the 2nd, and I won't be able to play until a little while after that, but it's at least a day one buy to continue supporting western Digimon releases. World 1 and 2 were my jam as a kid, so I'm really looking forward to this next week.

sensui-tomo

I give up with this game. It's so frustrating. Still can't find a Salty Fruit and I have been around this starting area countless times. My digimon are pathetic despite having evolved them into champion level. They just keep dying against single enemies and I'm having to start from the beginning again and run away back just to die again. I am trying my best but just don't have enough items such as bandages or recovery discs. Tried using the vending machine to buy some but can only afford one bandage but both digimon won't shut up crying because they are hurt. The sounds are way too repetitive and annoying.

What a waste of £40. I really enjoyed the original digimon world game but this just sucks so bad. I know it's my fault for buying it at launch but it looked good from what I saw of it.

are you fighting enemies with red icons near their names? if so, you're not supposed to, stick to blues, hearing that you need to train alot and just get through 4 generations of digimon to get going. also turn the game to easy(true normal) if you're on normal(actual hard)

Qwark

are you fighting enemies with red icons near their names? if so, you're not supposed to, stick to blues, hearing that you need to train alot and just get through 4 generations of digimon to get going. also turn the game to easy(true normal) if you're on normal(actual hard)

Also, try training a lot. Like just train for a couple days. You'll be able to easily take out monsters in the first area. Areas after that will still be tough, but you should be able to take on the desert area without too much trouble. Stay away from RedVegiemon, because they will likely still destroy you. Make sure to not tackle too much, if you start to run low on health/supplies, just go back to town to train until you build up again. Also, the HP/MP walking skills help a ton.

One of my criticisms for this game and the original is that it doesn't really explain how systems work very well, you just have to get in there and try to figure it out yourself, which unfortunately, means a lot of dying and repetition.

GrapLeomon

Higher generations have longer lifespans. That's how it was in the original and ReDigitize anyway, so I assume it's the same here.

sensui-tomo

So maybe someone can answer this since i didnt see it in the OT(or i'm blind as fuck) but is there digi fusion in this game outside of the EXE and what happens with the stats for the second digimon in that instance then?

AlanOC91

Wohoo two Megas at age 11 (seems early). Both of them
BanchoLeomon

After a few rebirth cycles the stat inheritence and digi-volve bonuses really really do help with further progressing and getting better mons and easier Megas.

So maybe someone can answer this since i didnt see it in the OT(or i'm blind as fuck) but is there digi fusion in this game outside of the EXE and what happens with the stats for the second digimon in that instance then?

Literally just did this, second digimon became its ultimate form. Stats seem like the boosted version of the base digimon. My second digimon hadn't been trained since evolution so i dunno if its stats dropped.

sensui-tomo

Literally just did this, second digimon became its ultimate form.

so if i had a angewoman and lady devimon , one would either become possibly devimon or gatomon and the other would become... whatever that digimon is called (the mega) , doesnt seem that bad of a tradeoff.

so if i had a angewoman and lady devimon , one would either become possibly devimon or gatomon and the other would become... whatever that digimon is called (the mega) , doesnt seem that bad of a tradeoff.

That's what happened to me, with omnimon , didn't really want him but i thought I'd try it out since i just recruited the digimon needed for dna. Digimon is called Mastemon.

Where's the screenshots guys? I want to see your beautiful Digimon!

The ExE/fusion/two-Digimon-at-a-time reminds me of how disappointed I am Hawkmon and Armadillomon aren't in this.

When your gimmick is 02's (second) main gimmick and you don't use those Digimon, it feels a bit wasted. I'm glad they got MagnaGarurumon and EmperorGreymon in though.

sensui-tomo

Man, Where the hell did this come from?! Digimon World was my Jam! I'm really tempted to just impulse purchase this right now!

if they have this in store at bb tomorrow, you can buy another namco bandai Anime game and get that half off, like Tales of berseria and it'd be $76 or something like that.

AlanOC91

My two Megas:

d8qc5Mh.jpg

if they have this in store at bb tomorrow, you can buy another namco bandai Anime game and get that half off, like Tales of berseria and it'd be $76 or something like that.

Uk unfortunately so I'll not be able to get that deal, otherwise I'd probably go for Berseria to see what the Tales games are like.

I hate how palette swaps count as entirely different Mons.

You know it's bad when you have Gururumon and three colors of Veedramon. That being said, it's not like removing them would give us more Digimon. They were probably put in because they were easy and some were in the original.

Man, Where the hell did this come from?! Digimon World was my Jam! I'm really tempted to just impulse purchase this right now!

Doooooo iiiiiiiit.

My two Megas:

d8qc5Mh.jpg

It's amusing seeing them side-by-side like that.
You are the ultimate bancho.

AlanOC91

So how to auto eXe fusions work?

I fought
Paildramon
but he one shot both my Digimon and instead of going back to town a cutscene happened and they auto fused to
Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
and I absolutely destroyed him.

Random chance or something else?

black070

Put about 2 hours into the game just to get a feel of it and boy, it sure is slow and grindy.. just like the original :,)

So... I got Armageddemon was an Exe today as well, wasn't he supposed to be dlc with bolt-somethingmon
This was Metalgarurumon & Wargrowlmon (Yellow) . Also dissapointed they dont have chaosdukemon.

Wonder why they went for that odd Mario Galaxy style highlighting around the models

It was much worse pre-release(vita) from the screenshots they were putting up at the time. It looks fine now though.

So... I got Armageddemon was an Exe today as well, wasn't he supposed to be dlc with bolt-somethingmon
This was Metalgarurumon & Wargrowlmon (Yellow) . Also dissapointed they dont have chaosdukemon.

It was much worse pre-release(vita) from the screenshots they were putting up at the time. It looks fine now though.

Armageddemon was in the original, the DLC is just going to add a story chapter with him as an antagonist.

I thought ChaosGallantmon was in? He was in the Vita version.

sensui-tomo

i think there is a story scenario dlc for armageddemon , but was always in the game, or was dlc for the vita which was included for the ps4.

Armageddemon was in the original, the DLC is just going to add a story chapter with him as an antagonist.

i think there is a story scenario dlc for armageddemon , but was always in the game, or was dlc for the vita which was included for the ps4.

Ah I see.

I thought ChaosGallantmon was in? He was in the Vita version.

Ah, my bad. He's not an evolution for wargrowlmon (orange) , didn't realise they had two recolours for him.

As a sidenote: I'm liking that they put some actual texturing onto some digimon likeon omnimon body & cape and wargrowlmons armor, rtather than having them one solid colour.

Also, anybody found its getting much harder to get digivolution requirements? On like my 5th-6th generation and the only ay I've been able to get them is via battle, getting nothing via training, this was for the whole tree :S

Doooooo iiiiiiiit.

I did. Very eager to dive into this tonight. In a wierd way I almost hope it's as awkward as the original was. I used to play it too damn much because I could never complete everything due to the strict nature of the game.

Thinking about it, I never even found out what was in that last room I couldn't get in on the secret island. I don't expect this to be as hard due to modern standards but damn I'm glad to have another one of these to play finally.

LycanXIII

Question about the OP, does scolding decrease happiness or not?

The best way to increase this in older games was to scold the Digimon when they refused to eat something, this doesn’t decrease happiness but gives you a nice boost in discipline. Scolding increase discipline but decreases happiness.

Top Bottom