• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

MongKey

I'm enjoying the game a lot but I'm currently stuck in chapter 2. My prosperity is at 40 right now but the story is not progressing at all.

I'm at the part of the game in Ohguino Wastelands where the only recruitable digimons left there are Tyrannomon and Goblimon which require some meat grinding. Since grinding for meats takes a lot of in game days, I thought I'll continue the story but I'm still stuck with the Jijimon mail asking me to recruit more. I got the cutscenes involving Kouta and Himari but that's it. Watched some japanese version let's play on youtube and they managed to continue the story with their prosperity in the 20s.

Do I need to recruit more? How much prosperity does this chapter need? Are there key digimons that need to be recruited?

I'll just go and recruit more digimons in Faulty Ex and Bony Resort for now, I guess. Hope the game's story is not glitched out or something.

AlanOC91

I'm enjoying the game a lot but I'm currently stuck in chapter 2. My prosperity is at 40 right now but the story is not progressing at all.

I'm at the part of the game in Ohguino Wastelands where the only recruitable digimons left there are Tyrannomon and Goblimon which require some meat grinding. Since grinding for meats takes a lot of in game days, I thought I'll continue the story but I'm still stuck with the Jijimon mail asking me to recruit more. I got the cutscenes involving Kouta and Himari but that's it. Watched some japanese version let's play on youtube and they managed to continue the story with their prosperity in the 20s.

Do I need to recruit more? How much prosperity does this chapter need? Are there key digimons that need to be recruited?

I'll just go and recruit more digimons in Faulty Ex and Bony Resort for now, I guess. Hope the game's story is not glitched out or something.

AFAIK you need to do the meat grinding to progress. You then go back to Leomon and he will progress the Rose Palace storyline.

PS, you can also go back to Mod Ship to recruit some more Digimon to raise the prosperity a bit more.

I'm currently where you are too. I have one meat grind done and currently working on the other.

Question about the OP, does scolding decrease happiness or not?

It depends on the situation ,if they did something good i.e. after a batlle or trianing and you scold them it will decrease happiness. If they're being bad , like refusing to eat or sleep, scolding them will increase discipline while not affecting happiness.
The second line doesn't make sense though and was probably either me not finishing the sentence or i edited it and forgot to remove that line.

MongKey

AFAIK you need to do the meat grinding to progress. You then go back to Leomon and he will progress the Rose Palace storyline.

PS, you can also go back to Mod Ship to recruit some more Digimon to raise the prosperity a bit more.

I'm currently where you are too. I have one meat grind done and currently working on the other.
Yeah, that's the thing. I went to Mod Ship and got through the whole place since I was getting nowhere. Recruited a bunch and getting destroyed by Vikemon lol.

Well, guess all I can do is recruit some more while waiting on the meats.

Thank you.

sensui-tomo

Still surprised they went out of the way to dub this game, and it doesn't sound bad either.
So bummed I don't have a PS4 to play this on.

I'm bummed that they decided to roll with machine DREI mon .. I mean where the heck did that even sound good to devs or voice director. Mugendramon doesnt even have that emphasis that the english voice did for whatever odd reason. I kinda want to know why they did it.

Still surprised they went out of the way to dub this game, and it doesn't sound bad either.
So bummed I don't have a PS4 to play this on.

Besides Machine-DRAY-mon, which irks me to a surprising degree (EDIT: ^^ I'm glad I'm not alone in this, haha), I'd say what I've heard so far is pretty good. It probably helped them avoid Bakemon level errors too.

It's really a shame they didn't bring over the Vita version, even if it was inferior.

sensui-tomo

Besides Machine-DRAY-mon, which irks me to a surprising degree, I'd say what I've heard so far is pretty good. It probably helped them avoid Bakemon level errors too.

It's really a shame they didn't bring over the Vita version, even if it was inferior.

the only way it'll be okay, is if we get a good chunk of ps4 dlc that has the response "This was only doable on the ps4" or some crap like that... DRAY slays me to no end either.

They just didn't want you to forget about dre.

badum tssss

Also Exemon isn't as huge compared to other digimon as he was in cyber sleuth. Like 1.5x-2x of Omnimon. But running around town with him makes him look like 2x as big as omnimon. Pretty annoying.
Also, the PS4's screenshots must be compressed becasue they make the game look much worse.

Kouriozan

I did that and got enough prosperity to advance the story going into
Devastated Ex Machina
where I could recruit even more Digimons.
Managed to defeat Vikemon with an ExE digivolution.
There is also that region West of Rosemon Castle to get a few more Digimons.

Does anyone know if the pre-order soundtracks are on a physical CD or if they're just digital from a code? Haven't been able to find any wording that specifies.

Stuart444

I can't figure this out:

Why do my digimon lose so much happiness when sleeping? It's a random amount but it drops their happiness a lot and makes it hard to keep them happy (since happiness doesn't go up much when praising in comparison).

Reszo

I can't figure this out:

Why do my digimon lose so much happiness when sleeping? It's a random amount but it drops their happiness a lot and makes it hard to keep them happy (since happiness doesn't go up much when praising in comparison).

Maybe it depends where you tell them to go to sleep.

Stuart444

Maybe it depends where you tell them to go to sleep.

I thought that but it was the same in the field, in the training room and in Jijimon's house.

That said, I figured out how to keep my guys happy so it's all good.

Also, my rookies got destroyed by a damned redvegimon :(.

Edit: Volcano area which I need to go to for story destroyed me. Seems like Champion level is useless :(

AlanOC91

I thought that but it was the same in the field, in the training room and in Jijimon's house.

Those RedVegimon are Champion level with an extremely strong tech, Firewall that has a base damage of like 500+ from what I remember.

Qwark

I'm pretty sure happiness resets, or at least partly resets, at the start of each new day. I think one of the tutorials explained that, but I could be wrong.

Question on training, are bonuses shared. For example, does it make sense to only give a training food to one of the digimon because they will both get a food advantage if the one that eats it picks the right training?

Also, do the specific training bonus icons impact how many points you get? Or is it just that the more bonus requirements you satisfy, the more likely are to get a bonus?

Having a great time so far, though I felt really bad when I made my Goblimon poop outside 3 times just to get Nanimon, which I didn't get anyway.

MongKey

I finally managed to progress the story in chapter 2. Turns out you need ~45 prosperity and the meat grinding/food war quest is not required though going through that quest helps as you recruit tons of digimons in the process. Since I'm impatient, I went out of my way to recruit Vikemon and in turn I pick up Zudomon and Marineangemon along the way and pushed my prosperity to 47. Got my story progress email right after, thank god.

As for how I defeat Vikemon; I just save before talking with him and reset until I get ExE evolution. Yes, I'm desperate :p

I can't figure this out:

It might have something to do with their active hours. Both my digimons have the same active hours of 6am-3am so they sleep and wake up at the same time which helps retain their happiness. When I have two digimons that have different active hours, 9am-12am and 6am-9pm, my digimons will sleep on the former sleep time of ~12am and wake up on 9am. The latter digimon is usually unhappy since their sleep time is all wrong. Though they sometime just woke up unhappy bucause of bad mood or something, it's pretty random.

Luckily, stuffing them with their favourite food easily increase their happiness. Their favorite food can be checked by talking to Wormmon in town.

AlanOC91

I finally managed to progress the story in chapter 2. Turns out you need ~45 prosperity and the meat grinding/food war quest is not required though going through that quest helps as you recruit tons of digimons in the process. Since I'm impatient, I went out of my way to recruit Vikemon and in turn I pick up Zudomon and Marineangemon along the way and pushed my prosperity to 47. Got my story progress email right after, thank god.

As for how I defeat Vikemon; I just save before talking with him and reset until I get ExE evolution. Yes, I'm desperate :p

It might have something to do with their active hours. Both my digimons have the same active hours of 6am-3am so they sleep and wake up at the same time which helps retain their happiness. When I have two digimons that have different active hours, 9am-12am and 6am-9pm, my digimons will sleep on the former sleep time of ~12am and wake up on 9am. The latter digimon is usually unhappy since their sleep time is all wrong. Though they sometime just woke up unhappy bucause of bad mood or something, it's pretty random.

Luckily, stuffing them with their favourite food easily increase their happiness. Their favorite food can be checked by talking to Wormmon in town.

How do you fight Vikemon? Spoke to him last night and he wouldn't do anything with me. That damn Taomon is too difficult for me too at the moment unless I eXe.

MongKey

How do you fight Vikemon? Spoke to him last night and he wouldn't do anything with me. That damn Taomon is too difficult for me too at the moment unless I eXe.
You need to go to Mod Ship 2 (the one with Zudomon) and go inside the ship. Speak with DemiDevimon inside and accept his quest of getting Vikemon treasure, only then will Vikemon fight you. Mod ship 2 is accesed by going through the Mod ship 1 map.

Yeah, Taomon is super strong. Best I did was going along the sides until I can go through the door in the opposite side and save there. From there, you can make a beeline to Vikemon and spam to speak with him. MarineAngemon is there too outside.

RockmanBN

Watching my brother play. Wow Hackmon has very high stat requirements and that's only on easy. Can't imagine what it'd be on normal.

MongKey

Well, went through the story beats and I'm still in chapter 2 with Taomon asking me to recruit more. Turns out, the meat grind recruits is indeed a key requirement to progress through the second half of chapter 2 (I hope), my mistake there.

In turn, I found out that the Botamon in Jijimon house that tells you about recruitable Digimons are key recruits for the chapter I'm guessing. Since it told me about Tyrannomon, Goblimon and Leomon and that's exactly what's left to be recruited in Ohguini Wastelands right now. Something to keep in mind about when you are stuck in the recruitment part of the story.

Kouriozan

Goblimon is easy (tip :
farm Geremons in the destroyed village in the desert behind the oasis
), Tyrannomon does require upgraded farm and tons of time though, couldn't find anyone that drop the meats he wants.

AlanOC91

Goblimon is easy (tip :
), Tyranomon does require upgraded farm and tons of time though, couldn't find anyone that drop the meats he wants.

Recruit Vegimon from Rose Palace and send him on a meat hunt. That's one way of potentially getting it.

MongKey

Goblimon is easy (tip :
), Tyrannomon does require upgraded farm and tons of time though, couldn't find anyone that drop the meats he wants.
That's good to know. No worries about the meats though since I just use the farm. Level 3 farms let's you plant Best and Rotten meats for 2 and 4 pieces each day. That's why its taken so much time for me and I'm just feeling antsy since there is too much dead time waiting on them. Right now, I just took the time wandering around and collect rare materials to upgrade the town. Level 3 item shop is a godsend since they sells 5k HP and MP items now.

So yeah, just one more harvest and I'm done with the meats. In the meantime, I need DigiStarwood and DigiGodwood to upgrade the farm and item shop. I have a bunch of them but I forgot where I found them. Anybody knows?

Mr. RHC

NBXOGBL.jpg

Meat... meat never changes.

34-capture_10052011_222436.png

Stuart444

Something seems bullshit about the difficult in Chapter 1. Story fight against Machinedramon, destroys my two Ultimates very quickly.

And this is just chapter 1 -_-

Something seems bullshit about the difficult in Chapter 1. Story fight against Machinedramon, destroys my two Ultimates very quickly.

It was mentioned earlier that higher evolution Digimons tend to be stronger than their level suggests. I recommend atleast one partner to be Mega.

If you are lucky, maybe your Mega will know Fighting techniques. Machinedreymon is weak to Fighting attacks.

Call me crazy, but I almost like recolors better now. They are weird which feels right in this game series. Also porting everything from Cyber Sleuth would be boring really.

Oh and I think Armageddomon and Meicoomon are part of base game. There is trophy related to Armageddomon and I got Meicoomon quest mail. The game also lists 231 Digimon at base, so that’s 12 new and Meicoomon DLCs included. Boltboutamon didn’t make it tho, maybe for Japanese launch…

Stuart444

Barely beat it using two Ultimates and their Digifuse skill. Needed to revive one though :(.

Still for a chapter 1 boss. Seemed rather difficult.

I also read the defend tamer skill is handy to learn for stuff like that boss.

Yup, that guy also gave me a good amount of trouble.

I mostly got past him by training two ultimates pretty high up and by getting lucky with his skill not hitting both partners at once.

Stuart444

Yup, that guy also gave me a good amount of trouble.

I mostly got past him by training two ultimates pretty high up and by getting lucky with his skill not hitting both partners at once.

It seems like they damn well intend on making sure your guy needs to die and become more powerful that way early on. Our grind up megas early on since first incarnation champions and Ultimates become useless quite quickly.

EDIT: Is there a way to control what rookie you get when our stats of our in-training digimon already meets one or more of the rookies?

I ask because my Conomon became Kokomon after a quick sleep and became Wormmon after I stood still for 5 seconds. True Story

EDIT: Is there a way to control what rookie you get when our stats of our in-training digimon already meets one or more of the rookies?

I ask because my Conomon became Kokomon after a quick sleep and became Wormmon after I stood still for 5 seconds. True Story

Much later you should be able to get Digivolution dojo, and when you recruit more Digimon and/or upgrade it, you should be able to get lock feature. This way you can lock away all evolutions you dont want. I believe it was Leomon that unlocked this, but I havent unlocked it yet.

Of course strategy wise In training 2 digimon evolve in 5-9 hours, so sleeping made you skip directly to evolution.

That reminds me, they renamed Baby 1 and Baby 2 to In-Training 1 and In-Training 2. Somehow they wanted to go for Japanese terminology By using Dub term. Tha twas something.

I think it might be based on almost everything, NPCs, enemies, items, probably Toilets aswell. Maybe its also default blank stare aswell.

There's always something around you, items,materials etc. It's basically telling you there's a point of interest. Should've been clearer in my original reply.

Ah gotcha, yeah it could have done with being disabled in the village since it's just confusing while you're trying to work out the rest of the systems. It's proving pretty handy in the field at least.

I spoiled myself on story so I can tell you some bits:
The game’s story is very basic. Unless character interactions are good/funny, which I’m not sure about, this might not be super exciting thrilling story. But hey, DW1 didn’t have any big story either soooo… You should play this for gameplay.

The biggest thing of controversy is the villains motivation which I wont spoil, but apparently it is incredibly stupid. I don’t personally hate it that much but I can see it being controversial for its stupidity.

Considering your hate for Cyber Sleuth ending, no, this game wont have same ending event has Cyber Sleuth.
Anyways, excited for this game, and ready for as a true fan to nitpick about a lot of small details. Interestingly I have grown used to this games roster. Although they removed some essentials for me, this game has decent roster. Trying to pick this up tomorrow.

I only played the beginning but...
From what I read as i played , they have some interesting stuff going on, especially if you've played teh first game & are nostalgic about it like me.

The people in the import thread seemed to enjoy it though.

hm, damn. the only reason I would buy this game now probably would be to support them but I just dropped 60 on yakuza 0 so for now I may have to pass. maybe later on in the year

Fuck, amazon shipped my copy, which I forgot I pre ordered. I'm going to return this. Not interested, since I've got RE7 and Persona is around the corner along with Horizon.

Call me crazy, but I almost like recolors better now. They are weird which feels right in this game series. Also porting everything from Cyber Sleuth would be boring really.

I sort of got over recolors after Cyber Sleuth. I appreciate when there are differences besides color though, like SnowGoburimon having a hat or Solarmon having pointed cogs.

Gururumon, however, will always annoy me. Its name sounds the same, looks almost the same, and often has similar stats as Garurumon.

Someone felt like trolling when they made that recolor.

I sort of got over recolors after Cyber Sleuth. I appreciate when there are differences besides color though, like SnowGoburimon having a hat or Solarmon having pointed cogs.

Gururumon, however, will always annoy me. Its name sounds the same, looks almost the same, and often has similar stats as Garurumon.

Someone felt like trolling when they made that recolor.

can someone please tell me what the fuck these resist avatars are

Top Bottom