• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital And You: What is Your Confidence Level in Your Digital Games Being Available?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really care because even if the servers go down, they will still be installed in my HDD.
I have some bad news for you then. Mechanical failure and loss of magnetic charge over time will render your HDD useless eventually even if unused. Unless the console you're using has been hacked and there is a way to manually back up the data every few years, your games won't last indefinitely locally either.

gcubed

Digital offers no advantage other than no disc swapping but I am not that lazy that I can't get up and switch discs.

Retail offers:
-Physical Game and Case
-Possible Physical Goodies (Maps, Reversible Covers, etc)
-Ability to share the game with a friend easily
-Ability to sell or trade the game easily

PSN, XBL and the eShop rarely ever have games on sale for a cheaper price than retail, and when you add GCU and Prime discounts its even more rare.

I see no reason for digital...at all. This thread is a great example.

you obviously don't pay attention to sales

Feeling good about Microsoft and Sony.

Nintendo? Not so much. I'll probably go physical for Switch because of my lack of trust in Nintendo.

Top Bottom