• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The platform Nintendo is coming with is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful."

- Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot
2011, talking about the Wii U

Why do people use this statement like it was trash talk? They ported AssCreed, Watch Dogs and made Zombi U for it at launch and even when others jumped from the sinking ship they still were porting games for it.
I still believe that Ubi thought the Wii U would be successfull and do think Yves is saying the truth this time again.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
"The platform Nintendo is coming with is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful."

- Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot
2011, talking about the Wii U

Well, I said it already, but I suppose it's not bad to say it again: I don't see Ubisoft's enthusiasm as a negative. Actually, it's a positive. They're clearly showing they're backing up the console, at least initially, as much as they can. In fact, Wii U saw pretty good support from Ubisoft at first, especially right at launch. Unfortunately, the console's sales happened, and we know how things went.

Vena

Why do people use this statement like it was trash talk? They ported AssCreed, Watch Dogs and made Zombi U for it at launch and even when others jumped from the sinking ship they still were porting games for it.
I still believe that Ubi thought the Wii U would be successfull and do think Yves is saying the truth this time again.

Because while reading is easy, understanding co text and nuance is not.

Banned
Hey guys haven't checked the thread since last night what did I --

nxclusivebeyondgoodevmrjjs.png

Wow. See you in October guys.

ggx2ac

Rösti;218503388 said:
In response to Yves Guillemot's comments on NX today, September 29, I can say that I like what I have seen too, and I am hoping to be able to provide a slightly more interesting input in the coming weeks and months. "Coming weeks and months" does not necessarily reflect a specific time period.

So the hybrid isn't supposedly a mess as some people are making it out to be looking at your impressions.

udivision

No one thinks Yves is lying.
No one thinks there's going to be an "unprecedented partnership" situation from his words.
He has a vested interest in a successful platform, after all.

It's just that there's no need to read too much in to it.

MuchoMalo

Banned
They don't need to do that with Nvidia, thanks to tile-based rendering. I'll link those posts from thraktor again

I know, but what Nintendo does and doesn't need to do and what they actually do don't always line-up well. In an ideal world, they take out all of the stuff they don't need, replace the entire CPU config with 6x A72 + 2x A53 (for the OS) and use 2x4GB or 2x6GB LPDDR4 @50 GB/s with 2GB or 4GB (respectively) saved for the OS, and add an extra SM, letting the GPU run at 600MHz on the go and 1.25GHz docked.

In the real world, they use 1-2SMs running at 600-800MHz at all times with 4x A72, one of which is reserved for the OS, 16-32MB eSRAM, and a single 4GB LPDDR4 chip @25GB/s.

Rösti;218503388 said:
In response to Yves Guillemot's comments on NX today, September 29, I can say that I like what I have seen too, and I am hoping to be able to provide a slightly more interesting input in the coming weeks and months. "Coming weeks and months" does not necessarily reflect a specific time period.
There's the Rosti we know!

Coming weeks and months makes my stomach sick. It makes it sound like we won't hear about NX until the investors meeting and no reveal until January...

Wait, so you've seen it?

It almost sounds like it. Maybe press invites have went out.

AfroDust

Rösti;218503388 said:

Wait, so you've seen it?

Rösti;218503388 said:
This has been one hell of a month.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Coming weeks and months makes my stomach sick. It makes it sound like we won't hear about NX until the investors meeting and no reveal until January...

If true, no big deal. They said "fall." Fall runs through December 21.

My favorite part of this would be the fallout with Emily and EG being wrong about the reveal date. That would make for some interesting discussion. The only thing that would be more hilarious is there being an AMD component, which would validate what SMD and HNF have been saying. Oh, the chaos that would result.

I'm still #TeamOctober, by the way.

ggx2ac

Eurogamer could give us a new leak if supposedly retail or prototype units have been shown.

Especially if Nintendo doesn't do anything before their next financial briefing.

udivision

It almost sounds like it. Maybe press invites have went out.

Yeah.... shouldn't it be "weeks"? Unless he means he'll be revealing more that won't be covered in the reveal...

Why would Nintendo lift a finger to do something people are willingly doing for free?

If you ignore all the rampant negativity, it's rather positive hype.

My favorite part of this would be the fallout with Emily and EG being wrong about the reveal date. That would make for some interesting discussion. The only thing that would be more hilarious is there being an AMD component, which would validate what SMD and HNF have been saying. Oh, the chaos that would result.

Yeah, if true then I'm going to have to say Emily and Eurogamer might be wrong if Nintendo doesn't reveal the NX until December.

I hope Rosti can maybe clarify a little more.

Yeah.... shouldn't it be "weeks"? Unless he means he'll be revealing more that won't be covered in the reveal...

Yeah, maybe. I'm hoping he can clarify a little.

MuchoMalo

Banned

I'm fully expecting the usual suspects to all declare victory against EG this Saturday and demean them as a clickbait site.

This will be done through videos with clickbait titles.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;218503388 said:

Hold on.

Did you see it!?

I'm fully expecting the usual suspects to all declare victory against EG this Saturday and demean them as a clickbait site.

"EUROGAMER WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!! TRUE NX INFO INSIDE!!!"

Hold on.

Did you see it!?
Rosti said "I like what I've seen too". It sounds like he's clearly seen the NX...Rosti please tell us already. You're our friend, remember? 😁

lol I said this the other day. PE and SMD will make videos saying "how wrong Emily and Eurogamer were because they said NX was supposed to be revealed in September-which means the whole rumor is false"

We know Emily never said September.

TLZ

Banned
I'm starting to lose hope.

Don't be! Look below!

Rösti;218503388 said:

Kouriozan

"EUROGAMER WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!! TRUE NX INFO INSIDE!!!"

Including loads of "launch delayed"

Yeah, it's was much better than that unprecedented partnership.

I am getting to like this coming month more and more!

Plus I don't think what ubi are saying would be just A major playing *lip service* to Nintendo I think that what they have seen impressed!

Look at Zombi wiiu. fantastic game and would of done really well had the Wii u been properly marketed etc etc!

I tried Zombi on other machines was not a patch on Wii u, for suspense and atmostphere!

MuchoMalo

Banned
Rosti said "I like what I've seen too". It sounds like he's clearly seen the NX...Rosti please tell us already. You're our friend, remember? 😁

lol I said this the other day. PE and SMD will make videos saying "how wrong Emily and Eurogamer were because they said NX was supposed to be revealed in September-which means the whole rumor is false"

We know Emily never said September.

The best part will be if SMD does it, since he was insisting all month that it had to be September based on ~logic~

MomoQca

Rösti, please don't leave a vague comment like that and disappear while leaving us hanging!
Lol. I'm teasing...just slightly.

Have you...have you seen the thing? 😮

Vena

Rosti is not going to tell you anything, lol. He knows what is and isn't dangerous. He's just being positive!

Discomurf

If they don't reveal it by December they're totally going to reveal it in 2017

This is what we've become... waiting for Nintendo's table scraps.... I'm thinking we all need a week off lol.

#hypefading

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doesn't mean Rösti saw the actual system--just information about it.

Doesn't mean Rösti saw the actual system--just information about it.
My bad. I should've said he got some good positive information about the system. I don't care if he saw what the system looks like. If he heard or saw new NX info that's positive is all that matters.

Rosti is not going to tell you anything, lol. He knows what is and isn't dangerous. He's just being positive!
I was joking lol. I would never expect him or anyone just blurt it all out 😬

The best part will be if SMD does it, since he was insisting all month that it had to be September based on ~logic~
Dude just made a video "warning" Nintendo they better reveal the NX soon or they'll regret it lol.

It's pretty clear that Rosti knows some info about the system, isn't willing to divulge any details, and doesn't want to nail down an announcement window (if he DOES know that).

Leave the guy be, we shouldn't try to pester him for more than he's willing to say.

Thanks for the brief flash of optimism, Rosti!

Guevara

It's just context for today's comment.

Don't be too excited if Ubi says they are excited about the NX and its prospects: they said the same thing about the Wii U.

Of course Ubi is going to be optimistic, they are still a good partner to Nintendo.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rosti, I like you, but if you're gonna pull this "I might know things but I'm not telling" bullshit I'm gonna hold it against you.

udivision

We've now entered the Rosti cycle, after a brief period of Tegra Talk and photoshops.

Let's stew on his words for a bit as he has things to do and may or may not clarify soon.

Pinky

Banned
Rösti;218503388 said:

rosti.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom