• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt demo Thursday!!

Smilebit

For those with European accounts only I think.

"We think the demo is really going to wow a lot of people. It’ll have a Super Stage crossover rally with Colin as your opponent, it’s got buggy racing against 9 opponents which is absolute carnage and really shows off the car models, and then we have a hill climb with fantastic scenery and a Travis Pastrana time to beat. It’s a great little package and it’s out on May 24."
http://www.tekfront.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=162&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Jirotrom

Damnit... I really wanted to try this out, well the good thing about this is Europe isn't getting shafted like they constantly are.

Costanza

Banned
Surfheart said:
Has anyone confirmed if Microsoft have been banning people for creating other region accounts?
I've had a JP and EU account for a few weeks now with no issues. I think the only lockouts were on Video Marketplace.

pilonv1

Costanza said:
I've had a JP and EU account for a few weeks now with no issues. I think the only lockouts were on Video Marketplace.

Yeah I don't see the fuss. Just make an EU account.

Bildi

Colin McRae DIRT demo? As in MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME?

Releases this Thursday? As in ONE DAY AWAY?

For European accounts? As in ME?

For Xbox 360? As in MY GODDAM F*CKING CONSOLE THAT IS AWAY FOR GODDAM F*CKING REPAIRS?

Shamrock

Banned
Surfheart said:
Has anyone confirmed if Microsoft have been banning people for creating other region accounts?

If you already had a EU or Japanese account before the last dashboard update your OK, but now you can't create a new account unless you actually live in that region.

BTW where in the article does it say UK only? I've read it and it didn't mention it was EU only download.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Bildi said:
Colin McRae DIRT demo? As in MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME?

Releases this Thursday? As in ONE DAY AWAY?

For European accounts? As in ME?

For Xbox 360? As in MY GODDAM F*CKING CONSOLE THAT IS AWAY FOR GODDAM F*CKING REPAIRS?

Poor bastard.

Hilarious, though.

RSLAEV

Smilebit said:
For those with European accounts only I think.

4ykgpz7.jpg

nofi

Ace.

We'll probably see a PS3 demo in about 6 months.

When does the full game finally launch, I've seen about 3 dates all over 2007...

DiRT will be released on June 15th in Europe and June 19th in USA on XBox 360 and PC. PS3 versinon will follow in September/October.

thegodsend said:
DiRT will be released on June 15th in Europe and June 19th in USA on XBox 360 and PC. PS3 versinon will follow in September/October.

Seriously, wasn`t this the game where Sony co-wrote the engine?

watership

The Innocent X said:
Seriously, wasn`t this the game where Sony co-wrote the engine?

Probably. But the issue is number of units to sell. Releasing the PS3 version when there are so little PS3s out there is a waste of money. They wait a few months.. and Release it with more consoles in the wild.

quetz67

Banned
watership said:
Probably. But the issue is number of units to sell. Releasing the PS3 version when there are so little PS3s out there is a waste of money. They wait a few months.. and Release it with more consoles in the wild.
But right now PS3 owners are looking out for new games, in Sept/Oct there might be lots of better stuff available.

eso76

YAY ! let's hope it's a more recent (read: smoother) build than the one previewed by jeux france and gametrailers.

Shamrock

Banned
I'm still not sure how the OP came to the conclusion it was UK only? Am I missing something in the article because it says nothing about that. Did he just decide to say I think it's UK only:lol

nofi

quetz67 said:
But right now PS3 owners are looking out for new games, in Sept/Oct there might be lots of better stuff available.

God I hope so.

Really interested in this racer, having to wait because of low installed base (if indeed that is the reason) stinks a bit.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
snack said:
This must be a mistake.

Video game companies don't even like Europe...

PES demo took forever to hit the US. I already have grabbed it though, gotta refind that acct for this, then.

Top Bottom