• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Review Thread Dood

tomorrow Gamefly ships this to me and I will get it Thursday or Friday

the wait will be brutal but oh man. SO EXCITED. Seriously. The demo showed me enough to know this will be my fav. Disgaea since 2.

Calabi

Been doing that to actually try and keep my party similarly leveled in the game. I have seen that stage almost 100 times, and if that's the grinding spot for the game, no wonder it got old for me, fast.

Figured I'd play the demo to 5 before going back to the first game, and I already see improvements to stuff I couldn't stand. Is 5 the first game that lets you recruit people and not have them start at level 1? It seems like such a smart decision, and I worry every other title kinda omits that feature. :p

You played a level that many times just to beat the Campaign. I didn't think you had to grind that much, I didn't when I completed the first Disgaea.

Foffy

Banned
You played a level that many times just to beat the Campaign. I didn't think you had to grind that much, I didn't when I completed the first Disgaea.

My issue, to be fair, was trying to have one of every class. That was probably my oops. ;3

OmegaDL50

My issue, to be fair, was trying to have one of every class. That was probably my oops. ;3

Save this sort of thing for the post game when you can quickly raise level 1s into the hundreds with ease.

Generally for a Disgaea story campaign stick to a small elite group of characters comprised of 4 to 5 characters, with very specific roles, a Healer, a Mage, a Gunner, A Spear user, and a Sword user.

It's actually much less frustrating to concentrate on a small elite group of characters then spread your resources to two dozen.

There are maps in the post-game that are specifically designed to get from level 1 to 9999 in two or three battles, when you can start reincarnation and increasing your stats to their maximums.

Also Disgaea 1 has mechanically aged very poorly compared to the recent games. Exp only gained from Kills, Healers can't get exp from healing. Monster units being almost useless compared to humanoids.

So many drastic changes happened in the newer games that makes everything much more enjoyable and oddly enough more balanced compared to Disgaea 1.

How you want to play Disgaea is entirely up to you, but for the sake of efficiency and preventing burnout. Just stick to a small group of your favorite characters and get them as strong as possible to handle everything, then worry about the post-game for grinding.

OmegaDL50

I'm just counting down the hours now...

Tell me about it. I've read posts over at GameFAQs that folks from NY and NJ got their stuff in the mail already.

I'm from Pennsylvania which is neighbors with those states and my mail man usually arrives from 4PM to 7PM...So I'm constantly looking outside my window for a mail truck.

I'll have the OT ready to go up soon...just wrapping up some last minute things. I hope you like it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Tell me about it. I've read posts over at GameFAQs that folks from NY and NJ got their stuff in the mail already.

I'm from Pennsylvania which is neighbors with those states and my mail man usually arrives from 4PM to 7PM...So I'm constantly looking outside my window for a mail truck.

I'll have the OT ready to go up soon...just wrapping up some last minute things. I hope you like it.

Yup, looks good.

OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=180805566

Top Bottom