• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney, ESPN Networks Join PlayStation Vue, Reduced Prices Start at $39.99

Loudninja

The wait is over — starting today, PlayStation Vue gets a big boost in live sports, family, and primetime TV programming with the arrival of Disney and ESPN Media Networks. This adds popular channels fans have been waiting for, including ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, Disney Channel, and more.

On top of that, we’re reducing the price of all PlayStation Vue multi-channel plans by $10. New subscribers get the pricing immediately along with a seven-day free trial. Current subscribers will see this reduced pricing reflected in their next billing cycle. Below are the monthly promotional prices.
  • Access: 60+ channels – includes broadcast TV, cable, movies and sports, available for $39.99
  • Core: 75+ channels – includes all the channels in Access with the addition of regional sports networks, available for $44.99
  • Elite: 100+ channels – features all the channels in Access and Core, with the addition of more sports channels, top movie and entertainment networks, available for $54.99

Also today, ABC local stations will be added to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and San Francisco. Plans to add ABC video on-demand programming for Dallas and Miami will be announced at a later date.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...laystation-vue-reduced-prices-start-at-39-99/

Unison

As someone who's not a sports fan, the last thing I want to pay for is ESPN.

I want a la carte TV that doesn't include that as a mandatory option.

Elandyll

Banned
Bummer for the DVR 1 month limit, I could have considered cutting the cord.

Wonder when (if?) The service will expand though.

vypek

This has been testing in my area for a while and I'm very tempted to give it a try since I am considering cutting the cord.

The new price is a bit more reasonable. We enjoyed it quite a bit when we used the trial. Have Sony put out any significant updates recently?

VanWinkle

That's fairly reasonable. I would consider it if I didn't have a 350GB data cap that I always come right up to every month as it is (well, and if it was actually available where I live).

At this point it might just be a race for me to who comes to San Antonio first: PS Vue or Google Fiber (which we are supposedly getting at some point soonish). I'd be more than willing to go with PSV as I have enough devices that support it in each room.

Sephzilla

Only way I'll bite on this is if they give a discount to PS+ members. As it currently is, it's actually cheaper for me to bundle my cable/internet together.

Balb

Wonder how the Vue live feed compares to most cable channel feeds. If sports broadcasts don't have much of a delay on Vue compared to live TV, I'd definitely consider getting it (when it hits my area).

Rival

Gold Member
It's only a matter of time before Comcast kills this for people. You just wait. I would really like to ditch directtv for this.

Nafai1123

Banned
These are the packages that the channels are included with.

Disney/ABC Television Group
•ABC (Access)
•Disney Channel (Access)
•Disney Junior (Access)
•Disney XD (Access)
•Freeform (Access)
•Fusion (Elite)

ESPN
•ESPN (Access)
•ESPN 2 (Access)
•ESPNU (Core)
• ESPNEWS (Core)
•SEC Network (Core)

So the cheapest package still gets you access to most Disney channels and ESPN/ESPN2. That's pretty damn good.

Tom Nook

Highly considering getting this.

Question:
Can does it allow account share? One person can watch one channel while the other person watch another channel on a different devise.

Getting closer to cutting the cord, once this starts to become available in more cities.

Live sports is one of the few reasons I still have cable. There are only about 30 channels I watch at any given time, out of how ever many hundreds I have. And of those 30, it's really only the 10-15 sports channels that I'd miss.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm dying to dive in to this, please get it to the east coast! All I need confirmed would be csnne for celts games . BV deal is massive and the price deal is massive.

RexNovis

Banned
As someone who's not a sports fan, the last thing I want to pay for is ESPN.

I want a la carte TV that doesn't include that as a mandatory option.

You do realize they have exactly that as well right? There are premade packages as well as the option to select channels and pay a la carte. Soooo yea... You sure showed them with your objection to their not having something they actually have.

Top Bottom