• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

Disney Infinity 2.0 is the sequel to lasts years Disney Infinity that looks to address the short comings of its predecessor and expand on the things that made the original game charming. The 2.0 edition of the game adds characters and play sets from Marvel properties as well as bringing in more traditional Disney characters.

Release Date: September 23rd in North America, Out now in Europe and Australia. November 4th for the Toy Box pack and digital download.
Developers: Avalanche Software with additional work done by Studio Gobo & Ninja Theory
Platforms: PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS, and PC
Price: 74.99 for the Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack, 59.99 for the Toy Box Starter Pack, 19.99 Introductory price/29.99 for the Console Toy Box Digital Download ( you will need a compatible base from the past game).

What's in each Starter Pack?
packaging-en-us-fe1e45d53b6115dc531c32b6040ba60d.png

The Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack includes:
Disney Infinity 2.0 game
Disney Infinity Base
The Avengers play set (6-8 hour campaign)
3 Figures ( Iron Man, Black Widow, and Thor)
2 Toy Box game discs that have premade games based on Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy
Web Code for PC Version
Poster

packaging-en-us-812e128b46791d6a0af289b25d2ad3ee.png

The Toy Box Starter Pack includes:
Disney Infinity 2.0 game
Disney Infinity Base
2 Figures (Merida and Stitch)
2 Toy Box game discs
Web Code for PC Version
Poster

Play Sets

Disney Infinity 2.0 will have 3 different Play Sets in total with each of them promising a 6-8 hour campaign. Along with The Avengers Play Set that comes with the Starter Pack there will also be Play Sets based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Play Sets from the original game will unlock Toy Box items for use in 2.0 but you will not be able to play the campaigns from those sets in 2.0.

Power Discs

Power Discs are game pieces that you can place on your Infinity base that give you extra abilities, items, and customization options. 2.0 will have over 80 power discs that will be sold in blind bags as either a Marvel pack or a Disney pack. Unlike last year there will be no waves to the disc packs. All Marvel discs will be available at launch and all Disney Discs will be available in November.

Toy Box

Toy Box is where you'll be able to make your own games within Disney Infinity 2.0. Toy Boxes in 2.0 are promised to be much bigger than those you were able to make in the original and new features like doors will allow you to combine up to 10 different toy boxes. Constructing Toy Boxes in 2.0 will also be easier as they are now introducing tools to help players build their toy boxes.

Toy Boxes can be shared across all platforms but more ambitious Toy Boxes made on PS4 and Xbox One will only be able to be shared between those two platforms.

New Characters

Avengers:

Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, HawkEye, Hulk (Oct. 28th) Falcon (2015), and Loki (Jan)

Spider-Man:

Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, and Green Goblin(2015)

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Ronan (2015), Yondu (2015) and Star-Lord (Who?)

Disney Originals:

Donald Duck, Aladdin, Tinker Bell, Stitch, Merida, Maleficent, Baymax, Hiro, and Jasmine (2015)

Deals

Best Buy

Buy the Starter Pack and 2 figures to receive one free. Possible stacking with the free preorder figure.

GCU members get their regular discount on figures and accessories.

Target

2 free power disc packs with purchase of a play set.

20% off all accessories (excluding power discs and figures)

Toys R US

Figures 3 for 33.00

Power Discs 3 for 10.00

Amazon

Amazon has two value packs available.

99.99 Value pack includes:

Starter Set
Spider-Man Play Set
1 pack of Power Discs
Captain America Figure

119.99 Premium Value pack includes:

Starter Set
Spider-Man Play Set
1 pack of Power Discs
Captain America Figure
Rocket Raccoon figure
Venom Figure

FAQ

Where is my favorite non-listed character?
Not in this year's version.

When do we get Star Wars characters?
Heavily hinted that Star Wars will be the major theme of next year's version.

Do you need to buy anything other than the Starter Pack?
No. If you want you could purchase only one of the two starter packs and have access to the Toy Box mode and make or download as much content as you would like.

GAF Trading

A spreadsheet can be seen when this post is quoted, post your GAF username and your trades there.

[/QUOTE]

Nice OP. Very excited for this. I really loved the first one. Ended up getting a good amount of the figures. Picking up the Avengers starter pack for PS4 and the Spider-Man playset.

Bryko

It's worth noting that the $20 download won't be available until November. I'll probably wait for that, haven't heard amazing things about the new playsets and I'm mostly interested in the Disney stuff. Toy Box changes look neat, though.

RK128

Wow, had no idea Donald was in the game :D! Great news :); more classic Disney characters should be in a game like this :).

Great OP; very informative and makes a lot of stuff clear :).

While I don't plan on getting this (dose prices X(.....way to pricey and I hate the fact the characters are locked behind the figures :(), I hope everyone enjoys the game though. The Marvel Play-Sets are really great to have and have potential to be a lot of fun and the Toy Box being more open and easier to use will lead to really amazing levels to play one :D.

The first game was quite good, so hopefully this one will expand upon that and be noticeably better.

I'm sure I'll enjoy playing through it next week and favourably review it, unless it takes a major backwards turn.

I don't really buy into the figure collecting, though, and usually just play the base games. Same with Skylanders. Then again, I'm cheap.

Peff

Wait, can you actually play the game on PC without any of the base/starter pack stuff? I got the Rocket figurine today on a whim (they were flying off shelves, haha) and I saw the code, but I thought it was for some kind of F2P-esque mobile app.

I haven't paid attention to these toy-based games yet, but as a huge Marvel nerd this is very tempting. Do they go on sale often? I'd totally pick up the Avengers playset pack on the cheap this holiday.

fernoca

Will wait for the digital Toy Box on PS4 in November. Will get Disney figurines in the meantime.

As friends and people that played the game told me, the Marvel playsets are somehow...worse than the ones in the previous games, plus I only wanted the Disney side of it anyway. Will continue playing the first on PS3 while I wait.

Toy Box getting some nice improvements is nice. Hopefully they'll allow to buy an unlock all key so there's no need to play the playsets to unlock everything.

ThatMattZ

Can not wait for this. Picking up the starter set, Guardians Playset, Captain America, Groot, Drax, and Rocket on Tuesday. I might try my luck with some power discs since Toys R Us has 3 for$10.

Typically I would go all out on these and just buy everything, but I'm gonna hold off for some sort of BOGO sale to pick up the rest of the figures and Spider-Man set.

Wait, can you actually play the game on PC without any of the base/starter pack stuff? I got the Rocket figurine today on a whim (they were flying off shelves, haha) and I saw the code, but I thought it was for some kind of F2P-esque mobile app.

While I've not played it, the PC Version looks to be a free full version that you just enter the codes from the cards that come with the toys to use the character/play set with. 2.0 version isn't on their site yet so I don't think you can do anything yet.

I haven't paid attention to these toy-based games yet, but as a huge Marvel nerd this is very tempting. Do they go on sale often? I'd totally pick up the Avengers playset pack on the cheap this holiday.

Sales happen pretty regularly. Black Friday would be your best bet for a cheap starter pack anytime soon but if it follows the pricing of the first game you should be able to get the starter for 30 bucks by this time next year.

Wasp

I just watched the IGN video review. This game looks awful. Really bad. Certainly Lego Marvel Super Heroes looks significantly better, laughably so.

A shame. I never did buy the original Disney Infinity as I was waiting for a next-gen instalment with better performance (Toy Story 3 runs like dog shit in splitscreen on PS3). A shame this isn't backwards compatible with the Play Sets in that game as they look a thousand times better than the one in this.

Last year's starter sets were half price on Black Friday. But they were fast selling front page deals.

I can't believe after all the fuss of the lack of playsets in Infinity 1 they actually go and cut it from 6 to 3 and two of them are an interchangeably generic location.

I can't believe after all the fuss of the lack of playsets in Infinity 1 they actually go and cut it from 6 to 3 and two of them are an interchangeably generic location.

While I'm also disappointed that we only get 3 play sets this year, it was never the games strong suit and they had half the time to make them. I think most of the outrage about play sets last year had more to do with having Toy Box characters from very interesting worlds and not getting to visit those worlds than the actual number of campaigns. Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, and Nightmare Before Christmas deserve more than a character or two.

And while I wouldn't get your hopes up they recently tweeted out that DLC could be a possibility now that all the consoles have the ability to support it and they have data suggesting that their consumer base could handle it. I have some major doubts about them following through with it but it's an interesting thought.

Toy Box looks like it has improved by a few leaps though and I'm excited by the possibility of getting to play some very impressive fan made stories and levels.

I spent a ton of money on DI stuff and the toy box put me off. I thought with Marvel they could lose the stupid cross universe restrictions but noooo. What dumb decision. The toy box is horrible and I hope this bombs since they ignored all the criticism from the first game and somehow made it worse

not only that, but Hulk can't go into Spider-Man Playset. So lame.

According to the official site Hulk can go into the Spider-Man play set.

I spent a ton of money on DI stuff and the toy box put me off. I thought with Marvel they could lose the stupid cross universe restrictions but noooo. What dumb decision. The toy box is horrible and I hope this bombs since they ignored all the criticism from the first game and somehow made it worse

Yeah, considering Marvel is a shared universe its seems really stupid that not all characters can be used in all sets. I think they did that partially for cut scenes but its not like it matters if your playing as Star-Lord in the Avengers set and you don't see him in the cut scene.

Neoxon

Still a bit peeved about the lack of mutants & F4 members, but the GotG play set does look pretty sick.

Also, I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel is voiced by Jennifer Hale. Is Wasp voiced by her EMH VA, as well?

Neoxon

You can thank Marvel's "Don't Give Fox Free Advertising" mentality for us being down 2 potential play sets.

DJ_Lae

I have the One version preordered, although I'm not entirely sure it's the greatest idea. I liked the concept of the first game, the execution less so.

My daughter's gotten more into it recently, but it becomes REALLY godddamn buggy in toy box mode (tons of audio glitches) and the 360 version is painfully slow once there's a lot happening. I'm hoping the newer consoles are better at this.

Though with the upgrade cost...it sounds like I might be better off grabbing the PS4 version and then just shelling out $20 for the One version...assuming I can use my existing Infinity base on both Xboxes. I also assume those bases are platform specific.

You can thank Marvel's "Don't Give Fox Free Advertising" mentality for us being down 2 potential play sets.

Marvel Is hugely at fault but why couldn't they do a Disney playset if Marvel wouldn't give.
I mean in 2.0 we have Aladdin & Jasmine just begging for a playset.

God I wish Wasp was playable/a figure.
She is there for 90% of the story and would have a playtype based on Tinkerbell, come on.

Neoxon

Marvel Is hugely at fault but why couldn't they do a Disney playset if Marvel wouldn't give.
I mean in 2.0 we have Aladdin & Jasmine just begging for a playset.

God I wish Wasp was playable/a figure.
She is there for 90% of the story and would have a playtype based on Tinkerbell, come on.
Probably in 3.0. If Yondu got a promotion, why not Wasp & Captain Marvel? You can only go so far without acknowledging the X-Men & the Fantastic Four.

Another thing, there's no Baxter Building, adding credence to the Fantastic Four not existing.

Is there split screen with this? Or same screen like sky landers?
Yes, there's split screen. 2 players on one system tops.

I have the One version preordered, although I'm not entirely sure it's the greatest idea. I liked the concept of the first game, the execution less so.

My daughter's gotten more into it recently, but it becomes REALLY godddamn buggy in toy box mode (tons of audio glitches) and the 360 version is painfully slow once there's a lot happening. I'm hoping the newer consoles are better at this.

Though with the upgrade cost...it sounds like I might be better off grabbing the PS4 version and then just shelling out $20 for the One version...assuming I can use my existing Infinity base on both Xboxes. I also assume those bases are platform specific.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases are not compatible with any other systems so the only download you could do is on the 360. I'd recommend either PS4 or Xbox One as the Toy Box on those systems will have a bigger space limit over 360/PS3/Wii U.

Probably in 3.0. If Yondu got a promotion, why not Wasp & Captain Marvel? You can only go so far without acknowledging the X-Men & the Fantastic Four.

Another thing, there's no Baxter Building, adding credence to the Fantastic Four not existing.

Yes, there's split screen. 2 players on one system tops.

Yondu seems like he may have been added at the last moment as a reaction to the GOTG toys selling past their expectations. Yondu is a figure and one of the team up power discs which really doesn't make sense.

Neoxon

The Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases are not compatible with any other systems so the only download you could do is on the 360. I'd recommend either PS4 or Xbox One as the Toy Box on those systems will have a bigger space limit over 360/PS3/Wii U.

Yondu seems like he may have been added at the last moment as a reaction to the GOTG toys selling past their expectations. Yondu is a figure and one of the team up power discs which really doesn't make sense.
It was a combination of the movie being a success & the GotG stuff selling like hotcakes (if I recall, Rocket is the best-selling solo figure, & the GotG play set is the best-selling play set).

It was a combination of the movie being a success & the GotG stuff selling like hotcakes (if I recall, Rocket is the best-selling solo figure, & the GotG play set is the best-selling play set).
I think he will be the biggest pegwarmer of Infinity 1 & 2 even with how big GotG was.
At around $15 I just don't see kids asking for him outside the lucky people that can afford everyone.
can't believe Marvel chose Yondu over even Winter Soldier.

Im mad that Avalanche didn't sit there and tell Marvel that with 45% of Infinity's playerbase being female they needed more than 2 in 20.
After seeing all the playsets Wasp, White Tiger, Captain Marvel and Sif are all NPCs, wish Avalanche just made one or two of them playable as well.

mreddie

I think he will be the biggest pegwarmer of Infinity 1 & 2 even with how big GotG was.
At around $15 I just don't see kids asking for him outside the lucky people that can afford everyone.

Im mad that Avalanche didn't sit there and tell Marvel that with 45% of Infinity's playerbase being female they needed more than 2 in 20.
After seeing all the playsets Wasp, White Tiger, Captain Marvel and Sif are all NPCs, wish Avalanche just made one or two of them playable as well.

I get the feeling Marvel had a day who was playable and who was NPC. If only Ant Man and Doctor Strange came out this year.

I get the feeling Marvel had a day who was playable and who was NPC. If only Ant Man and Doctor Strange came out this year.

I've heard that Marvel had complete control in choosing who was to be featured but there's no reliable source backing it up. Seems very plausible. Last year The Lone Ranger was the only characters/play sets supposedly forced on them.

I've heard that Marvel had complete control in choosing who was to be featured but there's no reliable source backing it up. Seems very plausible. Last year The Lone Ranger was the only characters/play sets supposedly forced on them.

Yup, Marvel had absolute control over everything.

I think its bad on both of their parts.
Marvel with their selection (freaking Yondu has 3 different roles in the game. Mission giver, team up character and player character)

And Avalanche not having control over their own game. At worst pressure Marvel to ok Wasp, Its one character thats basically ready to go.
No change needed to the story as she is in, they have the model and voice as well as her gameplay finished.
Its not like people are asking for crazy stuff like a female X-men or Mary Jane, Pepper, etc.

Rocky

Banned
Pretty sure you can play him in any version at launch, he just wont be sold separately until then.

Nope, he's available at launch exclusively with the Playstation Collector's Edition.

https://infinity.disney.com/news/collector-s-edition-1614

The limited edition Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Collector's Edition ($179.99 MSRP, pictured above) features a large, light-up diorama display featuring the giant Frost Beast boss from Marvel's The Avengers Play Set. It will also come with the Starter Pack for either PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3 and six Avengers Play Set Figures - Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and Hulk. That's right, if you purchase the Collector's Edition, you'll get Hulk early! (He'll be available individually at retailers everywhere 30 days later.)

Looking forward to the new Toy Box. I get that people want to play in more detailed worlds with objectives but the playsets really weren't that great in 1.0 and I don't expect 2.0 to be much different.

The special edition is such a bad deal I don't think it should really be in anyone's consideration.

If you guys really want me to I could update the op on Monday as I'm stuck on mobile until then.

So JV said on twitter they aren't announcing the final two Disney characters.
Guess they will just show up with the other 2015 releases(Jasmine, villains)

Looks like im going to be passing on the game untill then.

mreddie

So JV said on twitter they aren't announcing the final two Disney characters.
Guess they will just show up with the other 2015 releases(Jasmine, villains)

Looks like im going to be passing on the game untill then.

I'm guessing Cinderella 2015 and Alice 2010. Makes sense. Reviews are mixed too but not as insane as Destiny.

Neoxon

To be fair, the Disney Originals picked up the slack pretty well as far as female go. Besides, with Marvel having big plans for Captain Marvel, I'm pretty sure she'll be in 3.0. Same for Wasp & Ant-Man if their movie does well. Like I said, they can only go so far without even mentioning the X-Men or the Fantastic Four. I'm gonna guess that the next Marvel figures in 3.0 are...

- Captain Marvel
- Ant-Man
- Wasp
- Black Panther
- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Black Bolt
- Medusa
- Winter Soldier
- Adam Warlock
- Mantis (if she's in GotG2)
- Nebula

RE_Player

Got my PS4 Marvel Starter Pack and Venom pre-ordered. Probably not going to buy anything else until there is a sale or some deals.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
To be fair, the Disney Originals picked up the slack pretty well as far as female go. Besides, with Marvel having big plans for Captain Marvel, I'm pretty sure she'll be in 3.0. Same for Wasp & Ant-Man if their movie does well. Like I said, they can only go so far without even mentioning the X-Men or the Fantastic Four. I'm gonna guess that the next Marvel figures in 3.0 are...

- Captain Marvel
- Ant-Man
- Wasp
- Black Panther
- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Black Bolt
- Medusa
- Winter Soldier
- Adam Warlock
- Mantis (if she's in GotG2)
- Nebula

Why would Mantis be in GotG 2?

Next year is going to be interesting as if they add around 30 characters again and split it between three brands people are going to be pissed. Hopefully they staff up and give Marvel and Disney at least one play set each.

Kinda disappointed that they are charging the same price and including only one campaign instead of 3 like the first edition, but I imagine that with the positive word of mouth on the series and, well the Avengers, it will sell just fine. I think I had my fill last year, though.

Neoxon

Next year is going to be interesting as if they add around 30 characters again and split it between three brands people are going to be pissed. Hopefully they staff up and give Marvel and Disney at least one play set each.
There's a ton of play sets they can do for Disney. But given that Marvel wants to steer clear of the X-Men & the Fantastic Four, I can't see any viable Marvel play set options beyond maybe The Inhumans. In short, I don't see Marvel getting another play set in 3.0. They'll just add more to the Avengers, the Guardians, & Spider-Man, with a few other new MCU franchises along the way.

Top Bottom