• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

johnsmith

remember me
Does anybody have any experience playing 2.0 on both the Xbox One and PS4? I bought the PS4 Collector's Edition of 2.0, but I'm considering switching to Xbox One for 3.0 because my 5 year old's hands don't fit a regular PS4 controller well, and I bought her a mini 3rd party Xbox One controller that seems to fit a bit better.

I shouldn't have any problems switching from one platform to another in going from 2.0 to 3.0, right? I mean, I know all the figures and stuff are compatible, and as far as I know game saves and that kind of stuff won't carry over to 3.0. Is there anything I'm missing about moving from PS4 to Xbox One? Should be a seamless transition, right?

The ps4 base isn't compatible with the xbone.

curb

Banned
Sure, but the 3.0 starter pack comes with a base.

There shouldn't be any real problems then. I had some level hiccups moving figures between PS4 to Vita. I had to reset the figure on the system I wanted to use it on then take it back to the other version once to get the levels set again. It was minor but happened fairly consistently. I don't know if that's the norm but I doubt it. Given my experience (which is by no means definitive) you could have some transition hiccups but I doubt you'll go back to 2.0 after 3.0 comes out.

On a different topic, it seems indeed possible that we will in fact get a look at the new Marvel play set at D23. This was in a Kingdom Hearts 3 thread:

In the Hall D23 presentation on Sunday, August 16, at 11 a.m., fans won’t want to miss never-before-seen gameplay, trailers, new reveals, and surprises from Disney Interactive’s most anticipated games. Among the games participating in the presentation are: Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ from Electronic Arts, and KINGDOM HEARTS III from Square Enix. Disney Interactive will showcase more Star Wars characters and Play Sets new to Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition and provide the entire audience with limited-edition giveaways exclusively for Hall D23. Electronic Arts will give guests an in-depth look at Star Wars Battlefront, the authentic Star Wars gaming experience coming November 17. Square Enix will also bring special guests and surprises to Hall D23 to reveal new information from KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Sounds like new Star Wars figures to be shown at least. If they do show a new play set, I'm guessing it's too early for the Force Awakens set.

On the off-chance someone notices this and can answer my questions (I didn't want to clog up the 3.0 OT with questions about 2.0).

I'm thinking about buying the Vita version and just have a sea of questions. I've been trying my best to get my head around all the different ins and outs of Disney Infinity but I find it difficult, so might as well just unload here:

1. The starter pack comes with Black Suit Spiderman and a base. Am I correct that having that figure will unlock the Spider-man playset?

- And as such, I'd have to buy the Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers playsets separately?

2. Is it possible to just buy a figure from a different playset to be able to play that playset, or do you have to buy the whole 2-figure playset packs? What exactly is it that allows you to play the extra 'story' levels?

3. It also says it comes with 2 game disks, I assume these are Assault on Asguard/Escape from the Kyln which are effectively mini-games?

4. How do you unlock content for Toyboxes? I've read capsules during the playsets and capsules in the Toyboxes themselves, but is there anything else?

5. Will the base I get be compatible with the PS4 version of 3.0 if I decide to get that down the line?

6. And just to check - characters I get for 2.0 are playable in Toybox is 3.0 but not the story stuff?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can be bothered with this :p

On the off-chance someone notices this and can answer my questions (I didn't want to clog up the 3.0 OT with questions about 2.0).

I'm thinking about buying the Vita version and just have a sea of questions. I've been trying my best to get my head around all the different ins and outs of Disney Infinity but I find it difficult, so might as well just unload here:

1. The starter pack comes with Black Suit Spiderman and a base. Am I correct that having that figure will unlock the Spider-man playset?

- And as such, I'd have to buy the Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers playsets separately?

2. Is it possible to just buy a figure from a different playset to be able to play that playset, or do you have to buy the whole 2-figure playset packs? What exactly is it that allows you to play the extra 'story' levels?

3. It also says it comes with 2 game disks, I assume these are Assault on Asguard/Escape from the Kyln which are effectively mini-games?

4. How do you unlock content for Toyboxes? I've read capsules during the playsets and capsules in the Toyboxes themselves, but is there anything else?

5. Will the base I get be compatible with the PS4 version of 3.0 if I decide to get that down the line?

6. And just to check - characters I get for 2.0 are playable in Toybox is 3.0 but not the story stuff?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can be bothered with this :p

1 - it also comes the spider-man playset piece, so you can play it. Yes, you will have to buy the other playsets.

2 - each playset can only Be played by the compatible figures. Some figures can Be used in more than one playset once you find its coins inside that playset. Check the figure box for the compatibility.

3 - Yes.

4 - If you have 1.0 playsets pieces they will unlovk all its toybox contents once you place the piece on The base.

5 - PS3, PS4 and WiiU bases are compatible within all versions. X360 bases can only Be used in X360 versions, same for Xbox One.

6 - playble in toybox and toybox games like Takeover and Speedway. Also, all Marvel figures are compatible with The upcoming Marvel playset.

SorrY I am on Mobile so I cannot elaborate further. If you need more help Just drop a post and I will try to answer it later at home.

1 - it also comes the spider-man playset piece, so you can play it. Yes, you will have to buy the other playsets.

2 - each playset can only Be played by the compatible figures. Some figures can Be used in more than one playset once you find its coins inside that playset. Check the figure box for the compatibility.

3 - Yes.

4 - If you have 1.0 playsets pieces they will unlovk all its toybox contents once you place the piece on The base.

5 - PS3, PS4 and WiiU bases are compatible within all versions. X360 bases can only Be used in X360 versions, same for Xbox One.

6 - playble in toybox and toybox games like Takeover and Speedway. Also, all Marvel figures are compatible with The upcoming Marvel playset.

SorrY I am on Mobile so I cannot elaborate further. If you need more help Just drop a post and I will try to answer it later at home.

No, that was extremely helpful, thank you so much. I didn't realise there was a playset piece that you needed, that makes a lot more sense now!

I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet whether the Vita base is compatible with the PS3/PS4 versions of the game. I would assume so, but just can't find any evidence of it.

Another quick question for when you see it - what are Takeover and Speedway? Haven't heard of those before.

No, that was extremely helpful, thank you so much. I didn't realise there was a playset piece that you needed, that makes a lot more sense now!

I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet whether the Vita base is compatible with the PS3/PS4 versions of the game. I would assume so, but just can't find any evidence of it.

Another quick question for when you see it - what are Takeover and Speedway? Haven't heard of those before.

The Vita base is different, only has one place for characters (since it usa single player game unlike the 2 player console version). It is also Bluetooth based instead of the wired console ones. So you will need a console bases.

Takeover and Speedway are toybox games developed by te deve that can Be played by any figure. Sumo Digital developed The Speedway which is a Mario Kart like game. Takeover is a Gauntlet type game. Both are pieces sold srparetely ($20 each) and will be out mid Oct.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YZ3V1EW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014N5AXWC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom