• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

Nudull

Banned
CC_lc_4UkAA9OaP.jpg

Real or fake?

*sees Mulan, Mickey, Minnie and Quorra*

lhjhbB9.gif

Just the Spidey playset, Loki, and Falcon left for me, then I'll be completely done with all the 2.0 characters. I had none as of last week, but after getting the Collector's Edition for $54 from Amazon, then doing tons of price matching at Target this week combined with the 40% off Cartwheel coupon, I'm nearly done. Roughly $177 spent thus far, so I should hopefully be just over $200 when I'm finished.

I've been playing the game with my 5 year old, and she's having a blast.

Stanng243

As far as I know there's still no information about it being available here in Canada. Maybe Disney hates Canada.

They apparently hate me. The base set is 60 dollars. I already haves the discs and playset. I'd be paying 60$ for the portal, the black figure and the game. I paid 20 dollars for the game on the PS4 since I have a 1.0 portal. And since it's gamestop exclusive, I see no good sales anytime soon.

curb

Banned
They apparently hate me. The base set is 60 dollars. I already haves the discs and playset. I'd be paying 60$ for the portal, the black figure and the game. I paid 20 dollars for the game on the PS4 since I have a 1.0 portal. And since it's gamestop exclusive, I see no good sales anytime soon.

Yeah, it's an okay package if you don't have it already but I have the 2.0 set and I've got the Spider-Man playset and the two other game discs. I don't think anyone really cares enough about the Vita version to put some actual thought into it but I'd love a version that was just the cart and the base for a lower price as I don't care about having another Spidey figure.

marcaeg

I have not the game on PS4/3 so I will buy the game on PSVita!
But I fear that the port on PSVita is shitty ! Like Borderlands 2, Jak Trilogy or Amazing Spidey ...
Is there any reviews or footage of this version ?

LegendX48

I know, what I meant was which figures do you guys think will be $8 and which will be $10? The ad doesn't seem to specify which ones will be in what part of that general price range.

Ponn

Banned
Hey all. I tried to read the OP and I think I get the general gist of Infinity but i'm kind of confused on what I might need. I'm really strongly thinking of running down to Gamestop this morning and getting the Vita Starter set. From what I gather it comes with the Spider-Man play set just not the regular Spider-Man and Nova figs. So that means if I wanted to play as either of those characters I would need to buy them seperately right? I would also get the Avengers set free. I'm a big GoTG fan so i'm thinking of getting the GoTG set while its on sale and the Groot and Rocket figs but I see they have a sale on some type of GoTG exclusive power disc pack. What exactly do those do and is it worth getting those on sale? The only other figs i'm interested in right now are Hiro and Baymax but i'm a little confused on where I can used them if I were to get those figs for the Vita starter pack. Would I be able to use them in any of those playsets i would be getting? Thanks in advance.

ascii42

Hey all. I tried to read the OP and I think I get the general gist of Infinity but i'm kind of confused on what I might need. I'm really strongly thinking of running down to Gamestop this morning and getting the Vita Starter set. From what I gather it comes with the Spider-Man play set just not the regular Spider-Man and Nova figs. So that means if I wanted to play as either of those characters I would need to buy them seperately right? I would also get the Avengers set free. I'm a big GoTG fan so i'm thinking of getting the GoTG set while its on sale and the Groot and Rocket figs but I see they have a sale on some type of GoTG exclusive power disc pack. What exactly do those do and is it worth getting those on sale? The only other figs i'm interested in right now are Hiro and Baymax but i'm a little confused on where I can used them if I were to get those figs for the Vita starter pack. Would I be able to use them in any of those playsets i would be getting? Thanks in advance.

Hiro and Baymax do not have an associated playset, so they can only be used in the toy box.

The icon below the "2.0 Edition" indicates which playset it can be used in or if it just for toy box.

818umibjLmL._SL300_.jpg
81AmESLIgwL._SL300_.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Hiro and Baymax do not have an associated playset, so they can only be used in the toy box.

The icon below the "2.0 Edition" indicates which playset it can be used in or if it just for toy box.

818umibjLmL._SL300_.jpg
81AmESLIgwL._SL300_.jpg

Oh ok I see that now. That's a little disappointing. That may limit the figures I get then but I will still get Hiro and Baymax because I love BH6.

LegendX48

Just got back from GameStop with a bunch of figures and just now realized I didn't get the Captain Marvel & Ultimate Falcon power disc pack. They didn't mention it either.

edit: got my discs :3

d1rtn4p

Question. I bought the Toy Box starter pack for Wii U. Does anyone know if I can use the base and figures with the PS4?

ascii42

Picked up the Vita version. Plays fine so far, but I'm curious what resolution it's rendering at.
Question. I bought the Toy Box starter pack for Wii U. Does anyone know if I can use the base and figures with the PS4?
Yes, the Wii, WiiU, PS3, and PS4 use the same base. 360, XB1, and now Vita each have unique bases. Figures work on all systems.

d1rtn4p

Picked up the Vita version. Plays fine so far, but I'm curious what resolution it's rendering at.

Yes, the Wii, WiiU, PS3, and PS4 use the same base. 360, XB1, and now Vita each have unique bases. Figures work on all systems.

Thanks!

Just want to remind everyone that all Disney Infinity is 50% off at Target starting tomorrow. "Includes starter packs, characters, playsets, and more."

fernoca

Anyone interested in the Vita version (gane only), base and USB cable?

$25 Paypal or $30 Nintendo eShop credit.

Will ship monday with tracking. US only! :p

mreddie

Just want to remind everyone that all Disney Infinity is 50% off at Target starting tomorrow. "Includes starter packs, characters, playsets, and more."

I just need Rapunzel, Jack and Jasmine. Got Groot at Gamestop with the Rare Discs although I had to point out the Disc deal since they skipped out on them as first until I pointed it out.

fernoca

And now with a picture...

Selling: Disney Infinity 2.0 -for PS Vita- Game and Base only
-Game (with case and instructions)
-Wireless base
-USB charge cable
For either $25 through Paypal or a $30 Nintendo eShop credit
-US only.
-Will ship as soon as payment is received.

mreddie

And now with a picture...

Selling: Disney Infinity 2.0 -for PS Vita- Game and Base only
-Game (with case and instructions)
-Wireless base
-USB charge cable

For either $25 through Paypal or a $30 Nintendo eShop credit
-US only.
-Will ship as soon as payment is received.

You're selling it already?

Takao

Banned
NDPsycho pointed out that Gamestop US customers are getting a bunch of free stuff if they purchase Disney Infinity on Vita:

moKWcpy.png

Buy Vita set for $60, get 1x Avengers set, 1x Rare Power Discs, 1x Standard Figure free. Applicable in-store and online.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports, but it's a solid deal for collectors. DI 2.0 Vita is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what's the deal with this stuff if you wanted to hop in at 3.0? I saw some of the FAQs stuff and I know the figures should work all the way from 1.0 to 3.0 in the toybox but what about stuff like the playsets and the toybox assets? Is everything in the toybox 1.0 in 2.0 and will be in 3.0 or what?

ascii42

I entered the code for Black Suit Spiderman on the website, got the following message:
You've successfully unlocked <span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en-us.redemption.success.7000134.items">Items</span>!

Good job, guys. That's one for thedailywtf.com

So what's the deal with this stuff if you wanted to hop in at 3.0? I saw some of the FAQs stuff and I know the figures should work all the way from 1.0 to 3.0 in the toybox but what about stuff like the playsets and the toybox assets? Is everything in the toybox 1.0 in 2.0 and will be in 3.0 or what?
The playsets themselves are not forward compatible but the Toybox stuff for 1.0 playsets are automatically unlocked in 2.0 when you place the playset piece on the portal. They made it easier to unlock toys in 2.0 but it still takes a lot of time to unlock everything because there's so much stuff. They really just need to have every single toy available from the start if they want more people to embrace the Toybox.

Stanng243

Their website disagrees. I'd order one myself, but I live in Canada so no go.

I tried yesterday. Got the free playset and character in store. The disc didn't come up as free. I wasn't planning on getting this, but now I have a lot of duplicates.

I assume most people here already own it but I think it's worth posting here anyway.

Amazon.com is currently selling the PS4 edition of Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) for 25$ seems a great deal to me seeing as the figures themselves are around the same price alone(which is the reason I am actually buying it), it is also a viable option for international shoppers seen as the shipping fee is only around 20$ (again not for everyone but cheaper then any retailer around me).

With the Target and GameStop deals I finally completed my 1.0 and 2.0 sets!

I have some spares that I'll be listing on the BST thread.

CamHostage

I have not the game on PS4/3 so I will buy the game on PSVita! But I fear that the port on PSVita is shitty ! Like Borderlands 2, Jak Trilogy or Amazing Spidey ... Is there any reviews or footage of this version ?

Buy Vita set for $60, get 1x Avengers set, 1x Rare Power Discs, 1x Standard Figure free. Applicable in-store and online.

It doesn't seem like the greatest of ports, but it's a solid deal for collectors. DI 2.0 Vita is Gamestop-exclusive in North America, so no other options.

I'm barely into it, but it seems like an OK-enough Vita port... though maybe it brings up the question of if it's something that shouldn't have been attempted in the first place. Loadtimes are long, and the framerate is a little chubby, but it's certainly not stripped bare visually like the Amazing Spider-Man port or some of the other Vita hack-jobs. Sometimes it can crawl when there are tons of enemies on screen (as there are in the Spider-Man playset) but other times it looks good with the motion of action and the accurate effects. I think it was more fun jumping off this Empire State Building as Spider-Man here than it was in ASM on Vita. I'm interested in getting into the Toy Box and seeing how that all translated. For sure would have been better if some effects could have been toned down in order to get a smooth framerate, but at least it's the real game, as promised, and not some weird party game like 3DS was saddled with. The Bluetooth Power Pad is nice and compact. This feels like one of those PSP ports of PS2 games, not great but probably couldn't be much better and nice to have portable (although the iPad game seems like it'd kill this if you can put up with the virtual buttons.)

I'll see how much more I feel like playing of it before I have to give it back. Overall I think developer Panic Button did a decent enough job with Vita, I'm not against the purchase but I'm not going to fully love on it either.

Gameboy415

I finally decided to check out the DI series and I'm really liking the games thus far! :)
I picked up all of the 2.0 figures and play sets between Gamestop's Vita bundle deal and Target's 50% off sale last week but now I'm trying to find good deals on the 1.0 figures & play sets.

I know the figures are region free, but does anyone know if the digital codes are region free as well?
The reason I ask is that I found a UK-region 3-pack online that has Vanellope, Rapunzel, and Violet for around the same price of just a US Violet figure.

Top Bottom