• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

RPGCrazied

It's worth it if you can find it on sale.

Swinging around as Spidey is a lot of fun. I'm a pretty big fan of Nova too (although it's Sam Nova and not Richard Nova).

I guess $33 isn't on sale, lol

But I wanted to get it at Amazon. I'll have to buy it eventually though, since the only way to get the spiderman figure is from his playset. Wish it was a standalone figure, but I guess they sale more this way I guess.

Another question about costumes, the only way to get them is from power discs? No unlockable ones?

RPGCrazied

That's right. You need to have the power disc under the figure everytime you want that costume equipped.

Thats lame. Doesn't help those power discs come in blind bags, like you have no clue whats in them. Half the time I'm sure its for characters you don't even have or use. I guess I won't be getting extra costumes. :( At this point I wish they were DLC, at least I could get them when I wanted.

Went ahead and bought the spiderman playset. Really cool you can use Hulk in it, and Nova can be used in Avengers playset.

Ludist210

Been trying to finish up the challenges in the Spider-Man play set...Rooftop Rings is making me pull my hair out! 665 is my best. Ugh...

And another web-slinging challenge opened up after I cleared it! AAAAH!

empyrean

Got this from my gf for Christmas, not had a play yet, is it much improved from 1.0? Had 1.0 but felt all the playsets (only had the ones that came with the game) were quite generic gameplay wise and wasn't massively into the toy box.

Been trying to finish up the challenges in the Spider-Man play set...Rooftop Rings is making me pull my hair out! 665 is my best. Ugh...

And another web-slinging challenge opened up after I cleared it! AAAAH!
Bought it for my son for christmas. Hes in the same boat. Buy i honestly an liking it alot.

RowdyReverb

Hi guys, new to Infinity as of Christmas. Had a question about cross-platform play. If I use the same hardware and figures on, say, Xbox One and Wii U, what things are transferred? Wife likes the Wii U's game pad for toy box mode, but I think I'd prefer the better performance for playing a play set on Xbox One. Do progress and toy box unlocks carry over between platforms?

Ludist210

Hi guys, new to Infinity as of Christmas. Had a question about cross-platform play. If I use the same hardware and figures on, say, Xbox One and Wii U, what things are transferred? Wife likes the Wii U's game pad for toy box mode, but I think I'd prefer the better performance for playing a play set on Xbox One. Do progress and toy box unlocks carry over between platforms?
No cross-platform saves as far as I know.

Stanng243

And just like that, I've accomplished every feat in the Spider-Man play set.

That's impressive. I struggled to complete enough feats just to get the platinum trophy. I thought the playsets were very meh this time around. I enjoyed the 1.0 playsets more.

johnsmith

remember me
So apparently sales are stacking at toys r us. Play sets have never been this cheap.

$35.99 - 50% = $17.99
$17.99 - 40% = $10.79
28.78 for 2 play sets.

Too bad I already bought them all except for Lone Ranger and Cars. Almost tempted to buy them despite hating Cars and having no interest in the Lone Ranger.

I have the xbox one version and when I play other people toy boxes the loading times are atrocious. I'm talking pushing 2 min is this normal?

One more question, when I go to toy box, there's an option to play toy box games. There's nothing in that menu even though I've put the 2 toy box games discs on the portal and played them. Is this something people can create?

RPGCrazied

Got it today, really fun game. Sure its not going to win any awards, but still fighting around with characters you love is cool. Just flying around the city with iron man is awesome. Sure the visuals aren't all that, but on PS4 its really smooth and doesn't have any issues so far, don't even see that much of texture pop in either.

One question, can you not switch to the other character on the base? Love to switch between the 2 at a current time.

Got it today, really fun game. Sure its not going to win any awards, but still fighting around with characters you love is cool. Just flying around the city with iron man is awesome. Sure the visuals aren't all that, but on PS4 its really smooth and doesn't have any issues so far, don't even see that much of texture pop in either.

One question, can you not switch to the other character on the base? Love to switch between the 2 at a current time.

I agree with this, the indoor environments for avengers and Spider-Man look really good. I wish there was more of them. The guardians playset looks great. I got this for me and my 4 year old son to play and wasn't expecting much but this turned out to be my biggest surprise of the year.

JDdelphin

So apparently sales are stacking at toys r us. Play sets have never been this cheap.

$35.99 - 50% = $17.99
$17.99 - 40% = $10.79
28.78 for 2 play sets.

Too bad I already bought them all except for Lone Ranger and Cars. Almost tempted to buy them despite hating Cars and having no interest in the Lone Ranger.

Yeah this sale is silly.

Got a 1.0 starter pack at half off, a disc holder, a lone ranger playset, a toy story playset, and two 1.0 figures for not even $80 total.

I think the reciept said I saved around $90...

I still might go back and get more...
My son will have a dang happy infinity-ful birthday this coming week...

Ludist210

I used the sale to finish off my collection...so I have every current Infinity figure that's available (all of the first set and 2.0) except for Aladdin (buying him in tandem with Jasmine for my birthday) including the crystal figures. So...yep.

EDIT: Also completed every feat associated with Guardians of the Galaxy. Now to polish off The Avengers. The Toy Box games will come later...still need to play with my new Infinity 1.0 Play Sets.

Need some help I can only find iron mans and hulks challenge in the avengers play set. Do I need to keep progressing to unlock the others, I swear I've covered every inch of the map.

JDdelphin

I think I'm going to have to hit up amazon to get some of the rarer 1.0 figs... it seems like nowhere near me stocks anything beyond 2.0 and my local TRU only has the more common 1.0 figs.

If only the villains 3-pack wasn't around fifty bucks on amazon...
-and yet still cheaper than getting syndrome and randal individually online.

These are fun things to collect though, I have to admit haha

Ludist210

Best Buy's having a clearance sale. Some decent deals. Wreck it Ralph and the 2 pirates dudes for 7.99 and the sidekicks trio for 20.99.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...D=1&siteID=Uzb3Zd7JN.c-430u2Z.6GFq.QbDZHEaQrw
You can do better on the Play Sets on Amazon, but those aren't bad deals. I actually found a sealed Violet at Best Buy when I wasn't even looking for her (since I already had one) on clearance for $6.99. Still sitting in my study. Supposedly a buddy wants to buy it from me, but I haven't heard anything from him about it in a month.

Picked up all three new figures today as well as the Toy Box Games Discs. I played a little bit of Brave Forest Siege. Just like Escape from the Kyln but you can use Disney characters, so I think I like it a little better.

Also worth noting that I finished every feat in every Play Set in 2.0. The rest should be easy to finish.

Neoxon

My little cousin called asking me where Adult Nova was in her Spider-Man playset. She was disappointed to find out there was only Kid Nova.

I taught her well.
One of these days I'll give her a crash-course on the X-Men (odd that she doesn't know who they are given that she knows about the flarking Inhumans).

Does anyone know how to expand the items list when making a toy box? Its a pain scrolling through all the stuff, I could have sworn you could expand to a full screen and see more objects than the one line on the bottom.

My little cousin called asking me where Adult Nova was in her Spider-Man playset. She was disappointed to find out there was only Kid Nova.

I taught her well.
One of these days I'll give her a crash-course on the X-Men (odd that she doesn't know who they are given that she knows about the flarking Inhumans).

Yeah it sucks but understandable it's Sam. The upside though is that he still feels like Nova should. One of my favorites to play as for sure.

Does anyone know how to expand the items list when making a toy box? Its a pain scrolling through all the stuff, I could have sworn you could expand to a full screen and see more objects than the one line on the bottom.

Not sure you can but pressing LB/L1 for filters can help.

Yeah it sucks but understandable it's Sam. The upside though is that he still feels like Nova should. One of my favorites to play as for sure.

Not sure you can but pressing LB/L1 for filters can help.

The wii u version of 1.0 had the items on the gamepad and it was a breeze to use. I can't believe they dont have an expand feature in the other versions. I'm pretty disappointed now.

Dominator

Picked up the 3 new figures tonight. They compliment my Marvel figures nicely!

2029B247-E54C-44B1-A62A-C2839B4DD7F8_zps5ejydm5g.jpg
59F039A6-1F18-4A6A-AFA3-26824C376CBD_zpsksziny1l.jpg
40B72575-97B2-4C86-A07C-13B80D84A752_zpsflcpgys2.jpg

And here are photos of the new 3:

I wish Falcon and Loki weren't so far out.

Hey I'm considering buying DI 2.0 for the PS4. Will the PS4 2.0 base work with Xbone if I want to switch platforms (provided I buy the Xbone 2.0 software, of course)?

Hey I'm considering buying DI 2.0 for the PS4. Will the PS4 2.0 base work with Xbone if I want to switch platforms (provided I buy the Xbone 2.0 software, of course)?
Nope. The base for Xbox One and 360 are different. It's why there is no digital version for One. You can't even use a 360 base on One. All other bases can be used on any other platform though.

Neoxon

My little cousin is asking me to get her Yondu (her 3rd favorite character from the GotG movie). Are there any deals out there, or should I just bite the full-price bullet?

Can't believe how much they improved the toy box. I bought this to burn through the marvel sets with my son, but I'm pretty addicted to checking out a lot of the stuff people have been creating. I'm surprised this isn't getting more praise around here. I hope the community stays active, as I'm not really good at the logic tools to create something interesting. Are there any tutorials for this?

Edit: I think there's a memory glitch in the xbox one version. If you leave this game running in standby when putting the console into sleep mode it makes the games loading times and framerate really horrible. I decided to do a complete shut and rebooted it and everything went back to normal. This has happened twice.

JDdelphin

Ok- so I ended up finding a Violet at a local Walgreens and got a Wreck-it Ralph/Vanellope 2 pack for $15 at my local Kmart...
-and my son got a Rapunzel for his birthday...

SO, this 'Girl Power 3-pack' of Vanellope/Violet/Rapunzel that just came in the mail from the UK is kiiiiinda redundant.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Nintendo-Wii-3DS-PlayStation/dp/B00IO3GSXS

Anyone here interested in it could shoot me a pm.
I'd do a straight up trade for a Villain 3-pack or just a used Randall/Syndrome combo or whatevs.
Like I say, just shoot me a PM

Woah, just found out the Vita version is coming with a symbiote Spider-Man figure. Gonna have to get that for sure.

Yep, double dipping( already have the wii u version that I've yet to play lol) just for that. Maybe I'll actually play the game on vita lol, hoping its the full experience and not a gimped version.

EDIT: which, now that I think of it, how will the character importing work on Vita anyways?

Neoxon

Aunt called, she was saying that my cousin would only want the Ultimate Spider-Man play set if I could mod Kid Nova to look more like Richie.

Should I do it?

JDdelphin

My little cousin is asking me to get her Yondu (her 3rd favorite character from the GotG movie). Are there any deals out there, or should I just bite the full-price bullet?

Just got Yondu (and Nick Fury) today at Target. They're having a decent sale. Discounted sets and all the figs are $10.

-and if you're cousin is so bent out of shape for a kid version of a guy over an adult version, just don't the set.

Neoxon

Just got Yondu (and Nick Fury) today at Target. They're having a decent sale. Discounted sets and all the figs are $10.

-and if you're cousin is so bent out of shape for a kid version of a guy over an adult version, just don't the set.
The problem is that she actually likes Spidey, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, & Venom. She isn't too big on Kid Nova or the version of Green Goblin they used. I could just get her a Richard Rider figure from the Marvel Legends GotG wave & call it a day.

Richard Nova is up there as one of my favorite Marvel heroes, but being able to play as an incarnation of Nova at all was fun. Modding the figure would be neat but it would still "come to life" as Sam.

Neoxon

Richard Nova is up there as one of my favorite Marvel heroes, but being able to play as an incarnation of Nova at all was fun. Modding the figure would be neat but it would still "come to life" as Sam.
I should probably use that as an argument, & maybe get some of the good Kid Nova comics that came out recently to warm her up to the idea.

ta155

Finally jumped in today after coming incredibly close to picking it up ever since the release of the first game, and I have to say I'm pretty surprised by how much is going on once you really dive in. It's actually pretty intimidating.

I love the figures, though. Even if the game's naff I think the toys are good value, they look great. Think I'll pick the first game up at some point but for now having a decent time with the Avengers, Thor's pretty cool so far.

Metalmarc

I'm in on this

ordered the Starter Pack for the PS4 for £25 on friday from shopto,(now just waiting on delivery) and picked up 17 packs of the power discs this weekend, and my first figure Mike from Monsters Inc from 1.0 which i'm hoping works with 2.0 (looks like it from reading up on it)

If i enjoy the game,eventually i plan on going back and buying the first game as i missed out on it.

Top Bottom