• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

fernoca

Yep. 1.0 was released on Wii U. The free digital release was just as a demo of sorts. Since no porting was required, people need a base anyway. Is an incentive of sorts to upgrade from Wii to Wii U, since 2.0 wasn't released on Wii.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The figures will work in the toy box mode. The play set only works in 1.0, which you can download for free on wii u, but would have to buy the game on the other systems.

compat_chart_en-gb-4eba965451503062bff58ae281c83fcc.jpg

I wonder if they'll ever allow 1.0 Playsets on 2.0...I want to play them again, but I'm on PC and don't own any of the figures, ha.

Speaking of which, if anyone has any codes they want to sell, I'm still interested. I've almost got them all, but missing crystal figures and like, 3 others.

antibolo

Banned
Currently looking into getting 2.0 as a gift to my nephew who already owns the original game, but it appears that there's no way to buy 2.0 standalone without the base? What the hell??

Am I missing something here? Is there really no way to buy the game as an "upgrade"??

I was genuinely expecting the game to be available as a disc-only retail SKU for people who already have the original game! Why are they not doing this?!

Grimsen

Currently looking into getting 2.0 as a gift to my nephew who already owns the original game, but it appears that there's no way to buy 2.0 standalone without the base? What the hell??

Am I missing something here? Is there really no way to buy the game as an "upgrade"??

I was genuinely expecting the game to be available as a disc-only retail SKU for people who already have the original game! Why are they not doing this?!

It's 20$ on PSN.

johnsmith

remember me

They did release the game only, but through digital.

antibolo

Banned
It's 20$ on PSN.

That's pretty crappy for gifting purposes. Especially since Sony still has no process in place to gift digital content, so the only way to "gift" the game is with a generic prepaid card, which is kinda lame.

Guess I'm going to buy something else instead.

I wonder if they'll ever allow 1.0 Playsets on 2.0...I want to play them again, but I'm on PC and don't own any of the figures, ha.

Speaking of which, if anyone has any codes they want to sell, I'm still interested. I've almost got them all, but missing crystal figures and like, 3 others.

They wanted to, originally, but the engine updates were too much to keep using the same assets.

It would have required too much work to get them in. Honestly, I wish they would have. But budget...

They wanted to, originally, but the engine updates were too much to keep using the same assets.

It would have required too much work to get them in. Honestly, I wish they would have. But budget...

Has anyone tried to recreate any of the first playsets with the new tools or is the there not enough logic switches/art assets to do so?

Ecto311

Got this recently for my daughter for Christmas. Is there any standout 2.0 figures I should be after? We have all the 1.0 figures she was interested in already.

antibolo

Banned
So I think I know what I'm going to do for my gift: I'll get a bunch (2 or 3) of 2.0 figures, and throw in a $20 card so he can then buy the digital version of the game.

Does that make sense? Is there any other physical stuff in the starter pack that is required for the 2.0 game, that did not come with the first iteration of the game?

Neoxon

Got this recently for my daughter for Christmas. Is there any standout 2.0 figures I should be after? We have all the 1.0 figures she was interested in already.
Rocket, Kid Nova, Iron Man, & Hulk cross over into other play sets. I'd say Rocket since he's proven to be one of the most popular.

So I think I know what I'm going to do for my gift: I'll get a bunch (2 or 3) of 2.0 figures, and throw in a $20 card so he can then buy the digital version of the game.

Does that make sense? Is there any other physical stuff in the starter pack that is required for the 2.0 game, that did not come with the first iteration of the game?

Nothing more required besides the same portal, but the starter Pack comes with 2 special pyramid discs that add minigames. Those will be sold for $20. Plus the 3 (Marvel) or 2 (Originals) figures, the starter packs are a great deal and you should find them for around $40.

Rocket, Kid Nova, Iron Man, & Hulk cross over into other play sets. I'd say Rocket since he's proven to be one of the most popular.

Iron Man and Kid Nova are only available with playsets. Nick Fury can also work within playsets. But Disney have been quite fair with tbe figures, there aren't any rare or difficult to find up to now.

johnsmith

remember me
Syndrome and Violet seem to be pretty expensive and hard to find, but nothing compared to the amiibo bullshit. Was able to get Violet pretty cheap in a girl power 3 pack.

JDdelphin

Nothing more required besides the same portal, but the starter Pack comes with 2 special pyramid discs that add minigames. Those will be sold for $20. Plus the 3 (Marvel) or 2 (Originals) figures, the starter packs are a great deal and you should find them for around $40.

Iron Man and Kid Nova are only available with playsets. Nick Fury can also work within playsets. But Disney have been quite fair with tbe figures, there aren't any rare or difficult to find up to now.

The hardest one to find around me seems to be Baymax.

Is it worth getting 1.0 for the specific playsets?

I never had any Infinity game myself but got my son a 2.0 toybox set and a slew of figs.

I'm avoiding the 1.0 playsets as they're not compatible with 2.0 but are there unlockable things from 1.0 that would carry over if I did eventually pick up a 1.0 starter?

The hardest one to find around me seems to be Baymax.

Is it worth getting 1.0 for the specific playsets?

I never had any Infinity game myself but got my son a 2.0 toybox set and a slew of figs.

I'm avoiding the 1.0 playsets as they're not compatible with 2.0 but are there unlockable things from 1.0 that would carry over if I did eventually pick up a 1.0 starter?

If you have the 1.0 playset piece, you can put them on the portal to unlock everything in the playsets for use in the 2.0 Toy Box.

Also, Baymax being hard to find doesn't surprise me. I picked him and Hiro up before BH6 came out because the same thing happened with Elsa & Anna last year after Frozen came out.

johnsmith

remember me
Used 1.0 starter figures and playset are super cheap on eBay. Got the 3 figures for $12 and the starter playset is like $8. A lot cheaper than buying the starter set new, especially if you have a wii u and can download 1.0 for free and don't care about the disc.

Actually this person has the 1.0 starter playset for 3.79
http://m.ebay.com/itm/390799478353?cmd=VIDESC

Has anyone else seen the boxing problem that Baymax has?

I picked one up at Toy R Us recently and EVERY SINGLE box was ripped open at the top from the weight of his figure. Venom's wasn't as bad but I did notice a couple of them were torn too.

Maybe it was just a poorly glued batch?

fernoca

I picked one up at Toy R Us recently and EVERY SINGLE box was ripped open at the top from the weight of his figure. Venom's wasn't as bad but I did notice a couple of them were torn too.

Yeah, is because of the weight. Was with a friend looking for one he was going to gift, and all but one had it.

The one I got from Amazon didn't, so I guess is because they don't hang them.

Stanng243

So I got a really thin package from Funimation in the mail last night. As I hadn't ordered anything, I had no idea what to expect. Turns out it was my two power discs from ordering the digital Disney infinity 2.0 on the PS4. I had completely forgotten about that promotion.

Ecto311

I work at a major retailer that sells these and all the packages are shit. The skylanders and the Disney stuff is garbage. The only ones that hold together from unpacking to stocking on the pegs is Nintendo ones. Tons of skylanders and infinity figures are already broke apart when we open the box. So we have to wrap them in plastic where it looks like an open box but they are still new.

Mrcapcom

Picked up Baymax,Elza and Hulk this weekend and just from holding Baymax while going through TRU he ripped the box thought it was the one I got until I went back and all of them was like that lol

RPGCrazied

The Amiibo craze has got me started with Disney Infinity now! My poor wallet, but I ordered the starter pack along with hulk, captain america. Really want to get spiderman and guardians of the galaxy, but will get those later on.

Even heard Tron was coming at some point?

Okay I am going to sound like an idiot here. My son and I enjoy playing the Avengers set. It is fun but there is not a lot to do. I would like to get into Toy box but I am lost. All he really wants to do is fight bad guys. Any advice to get started? On PS4 if it matters.

The Amiibo craze has got me started with Disney Infinity now! My poor wallet, but I ordered the starter pack along with hulk, captain america. Really want to get spiderman and guardians of the galaxy, but will get those later on.

Even heard Tron was coming at some point?
Same here buddy.
I hopped onto Best Buy selling them $4 off and I got 5 for $10 with some reward coupons.
My collection is now: Marvel Starter Pack, Hiro, Baymax, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Donald, Mickey, Hulk, Stitch, Captain America.

...I need a display case...

johnsmith

remember me
Toys R Us has some deals going on in store. Gonna go buy some 1.0 power discs and the Toy Story playset.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/12...-infinity-deals-1-0-power-discs-5-for-5-more/

Toys ‘R’ Us has 1.0 Power disc Packs (not their exclusives) on sale for 5 for $5! That’s right…. 5 packs for $5 ($1 per pack!?) — (Valid 12/21-12/27)

ALL Play Sets (1.0 and 2.0) are 50% off their regular price ($17.99) (Valid 12/21-1/10)

1.0 Starter Packs are 50% off regular price (Valid 12/21-1/03)

2.0 Power Discs are on sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free (this deal doesn’t stack with the 1.0 discs unfortunately) (Valid 12/14-12/27)

Finally, you can get a free power disc pack with any starter, playset or figure purchase. (Valid 12/14-12/27)

RPGCrazied

...I need a display case...

I have a curio cabinet for all my figures I own.

How easy is it to play user created content? Is there any official ones from devs, or is it just the community making them? I probably won't create anything myself, so I'm hoping there is some cool stuff from somewhere else, the playset isn't going to take long from what I've read.

johnsmith

remember me
The toys r us sales were in effect (except for the free power disc with purchase) even though they didn't have the signs up at my store. Grabbed 5 packs of discs. Not going to try to go for a full set but wanted a few to mess around with.

Lord Phol

So I got marvel starter set, guardian playset and several figurines from my gfs brother as a christmas present (he be crazy!). I'm not really into this stuff but I might as well give it a try! I recieved the ps3 version but I also got a Wii U and PC. Is there any particular version I should be playing over the others?

RPGCrazied

So I got marvel starter set, guardian playset and several figurines from my gfs brother as a christmas present (he be crazy!). I'm not really into this stuff but I might as well give it a try! I recieved the ps3 version but I also got a Wii U and PC. Is there any particular version I should be playing over the others?

PS4/PC. Wii U is the worse from what I've read, the lowest resolution and doesn't run that great. Even the last gen consoles can't even do 720p.

WiiU: 1138×600

Xbox 360 / Playstation 3: 1280×672

Xbox One / Playstation 4: 1,920×1,080

Lord Phol

PS4/PC. Wii U is the worse from what I've read, the lowest resolution and doesn't run that great. Even the last gen consoles can't even do 720p.

WiiU: 1138×600

Xbox 360 / Playstation 3: 1280×672

Xbox One / Playstation 4: 1,920×1,080

Huh, cool thanks for the information! Guess I'll go with PC for now then :).

Been thinking about buying infinity 2.0 for awhile as my boy is obsessed with iron man, Thor e.t.c but I am curious if the main campaign is easy enough for a 4 yr old to play? He can play lego marvel pretty well but I have todo most of the story missions which involve a lot of character switching and puzzles.

Is this campaign just a straight beat em up and and open world to just go fly around and hit things?

Also is the toy box mode fairly easy for little kids to build and play things with?

Is this campaign just a straight beat em up and and open world to just go fly around and hit things?

Yes, it is a barebones beat em up, easy to pick (althought with a lot of jumpings).

Also is the toy box mode fairly easy for little kids to build and play things with?

I do not think it will be easy for a little kid to build something, but the controls are easy enought to just mess things around. Plus you can download a ton of users createf levels.

Yes, it is a barebones beat em up, easy to pick (althought with a lot of jumpings).

I do not think it will be easy for a little kid to build something, but the controls are easy enought to just mess things around. Plus you can download a ton of users createf levels.

Thanks :) also infinity 1 figures just unlock items for use in toy box correct ? So you don't get to play version 1 campaigns? Also buying any version 2.0 figures gives you campaigns or just toy box stuff again (hulk, cap America, frozen e.t.c)

Been thinking about buying infinity 2.0 for awhile as my boy is obsessed with iron man, Thor e.t.c but I am curious if the main campaign is easy enough for a 4 yr old to play? He can play lego marvel pretty well but I have todo most of the story missions which involve a lot of character switching and puzzles.

There are story missions in the campaign, but they are fairly easy. They are usually, go here, beat up some bad guys, or pick up these power cells and throw them over here. There are giant arrows all around. Also, if you play co-op, you can do story stuff while your boy runs around beating up enemies so you both can progress.

Thanks :) also infinity 1 figures just unlock items for use in toy box correct ? So you don't get to play version 1 campaigns? Also buying any version 2.0 figures gives you campaigns or just toy box stuff again (hulk, cap America, frozen e.t.c)

If you have Infinity 1 figures, you can play with them in the Toy Box. They do unlock items for the toy box, but they are still playable. If you want to play those campaigns, you'll need Infinity 1.0

If you buy 2.0 figures, you do not have access to their campaigns. You have to buy playsets. There are two additional ones for sale in addition to the Avengers one that comes with the starter set. You can get Ultimate Spider Man or Guardians of the Galaxy. Each set comes with two figures and the playset piece that you put on the base to access the campaign. These usually retail for $34.99.

There are figures that can be used in these campaigns, and they will say so on the back of their package. For example, Rocket Racoon can be used in Guardians of the Galaxy of course, but you can also use him in the Avengers playset, after you collect 10 of his coins in the Avengers campaign. Same with Nova.

RPGCrazied

How is the spiderman playset? I heard its not that good, but I really want the spiderman figure, and I have some left over Christmas money.

Top Bottom