• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

I'm in on this

ordered the Starter Pack for the PS4 for £25 on friday from shopto,(now just waiting on delivery) and picked up 17 packs of the power discs this weekend, and my first figure Mike from Monsters Inc from 1.0 which i'm hoping works with 2.0 (looks like it from reading up on it)

If i enjoy the game,eventually i plan on going back and buying the first game as i missed out on it.

All 1.0 figures work with 2.0 toybox. Check out the community made levels. There's a ton of cool shit people created.

Trogdor1123

Hey folks, I just ordered Disney Infinity 2.0 for my kids but someone mentioned 3.0 was coming soon, did I just make a mistake? I am sure this info is in this thread but I just want to know the most up to date info.

Its on WiiU if that makes a difference.

Thanks

johnsmith

remember me
Hey folks, I just ordered Disney Infinity 2.0 for my kids but someone mentioned 3.0 was coming soon, did I just make a mistake? I am sure this info is in this thread but I just want to know the most up to date info.

Its on WiiU if that makes a difference.

Thanks

No it's not coming out soon. We are all assuming there will be a 3.0 eventually but nothing's been announced yet.

Ramirez

How the fuck do they release a Green Goblin figure that can't use his glider in the Spider-Man playset?!?! I have one unhappy kid, lol. :|

So if I buy the PS4 2.0 disc, will a base that came with the WiiU work on it? The performance of the WiiU version is absolutely pathetic.

How the fuck do they release a Green Goblin figure that can't use his glider in the Spider-Man playset?!?! I have one unhappy kid, lol. :|

So if I buy the PS4 2.0 disc, will a base that came with the WiiU work on it? The performance of the WiiU version is absolutely pathetic.

Yep that exactly my set-up

Ramirez

Yep that exactly my set-up

Cool, thanks. He wants to play split screen often, and I seriously can't handle the framerate, makes me sick after a while. All of the Toy Box levels run at like 20 FPS or less with just one player, it's really ridiculous, I know the system can handle this game better than what's being put forth on screen.

How the fuck do they release a Green Goblin figure that can't use his glider in the Spider-Man playset?!?! I have one unhappy kid, lol. :|.

It was a bug, they were aware of it, and it was patched early February (On 4th feb). Just connect your console online and place the Globin figure in the base. You will get a message saying that the glider was added to the toybox.

johnsmith

remember me
Figures are 9.99 at BB this week. Gonna grab Jasmine and I'll be done until 3.0.

And looks like amazon price matched on some of them.

curb

Banned
I just the Avengers starter pack up because it was on sale and wanted to check it out. Did 2.0 do alright? I'm liking it so far and am wondering about it's future. While I'm sure 3.0 will have Star Wars in a big way, I'd love some more Marvel content. I'm just wondering what the chances are.

Ecto311

Heads up gamestop.com is doing buy one get one free on infinity figures. Just got 4 for $30 shipped free shipping code SAVER works with this deal too.

oktarb

Just for the 2.0 Scratch starter pack for my 4 year old daughter. Going to try it out tonight. Couple of questions.

Are they coming out with a great deal more figures? The selection seems somewhat limited and very Marvel focused. She not yet into Marvel.

Is there co-op, like can I team up with one of you guys?

No Star Wars? Seems like a missed opportunity. [Edit: Guess original post covered this, next year...]

I bought Jack Skelleton and Mickey mouse 1.0. The frozen guys and Wreckit Ralph are next but I didn't want to overwhelm her. Also I wanted stuff to be able to give her later. Any other must haves?

We finished up the main campaign the other night. I don't see anymore side missions available, does that mean that we wrapped them all up? I then spent a few minutes running around and there didn't really seem to be much going on in terms of any enemies respawning to work on leveling up my character. Would be cool if the game kept generating random side missions even though I know how repetitive it got.

curb

Banned
Just for the 2.0 Scratch starter pack for my 4 year old daughter. Going to try it out tonight. Couple of questions.

Are they coming out with a great deal more figures? The selection seems somewhat limited and very Marvel focused. She not yet into Marvel.

No Star Wars? Seems like a missed opportunity.

I bought Jack Skelleton and Mickey mouse 1.0. The frozen guys and Wreckit Ralph are next but I didn't want to overwhelm her. Also I wanted stuff to be able to give her later. Any other must haves?

I haven't delved too much into it but I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

I believe there are no more figures announced at this time and I'm pretty sure that everything announced has been released. 1.0 was all Disney focused and as far as I know, they all work with the 2.0 Toy Box.

I think it's just local co-op.

I think Star Wars has been speculated for the next version which if released this fall would coincide with the new movie.

No Star Wars? Seems like a missed opportunity. [Edit: Guess original post covered this, next year...]

I believe the last two will be a male and female character from Tron Legacy (I think it's still possible there will be physical figures)

They is local/spit screen co op. You have to team up characters from the same IP for the Adventures (this is why you get two characters in the PlaySet boxes)

Disney Infinity 1.0 was Disney characters + Classic Disney Characters
Disney infinity 2.0 Was Marvel Characters + Classic Disney Characters
It's predicted that Disney Infinity 3.0 may release at the end of this year to coincide with the new Star Wars and will indeed have Star Wars Characters (it might be the new character first to promotion the movie though and then the classic characters as extra)

oktarb

After a bit of time playing with this and my daughter I can give it a solid "OK". At three and a half she likes placing the guys on the pad. She tries to move them around but the PS4 controller is a tad big for here; the coordination isn't quite there yet. Mostly she runs the guys of the edge of the world or runs in circles. Still fun.

Can't believe there's not an emote menu. Seems like a real miss there.

I don't have a source but I thought I read that the two Tron figures were going to end up being digital exclusives.

Edit: source

That's a real shame!

https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/news/2651/tron-joins-the-2-0-toy-box

Today we officially reveal the much-awaited final two characters in the Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) line up: Tron's Sam Flynn and Quorra!

They are now available as digital exclusives in the Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 app. They will be available for the PC Game in March 2015. The iOS version of Disney Infinity has always attracted the largest audience, so we wanted to something really special to celebrate the new app's launch.

KC Denton

I doubt they're going to stay digital only. Most likely they'll come out later as part of a new wave of figures (Backwards-compatible 3.0 classics?) and their current status is to get people to download the iOS and PC versions of the game.

Still no Android version of the app! :( I don't like to compare the two too much but I don't think it's harmed Skylanders that their app/game is on everything.

JDdelphin

Still no Android version of the app! :( I don't like to compare the two too much but I don't think it's harmed Skylanders that their app/game is on everything.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/03/20/disney-infinity-working-on-bringing-2-0-to-android/

Promising tweet as far as android possibilities go- all I'd need is an S5 :p

Anybody still need a Violet?
(With digital version card)

I'd just trade her for some discs I need

I also have a spare Vanellope...
-and some discs that need trading.

Does anyone here trade? Or where is a decent place to trade this stuff online?

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/03/20/disney-infinity-working-on-bringing-2-0-to-android/

Promising tweet as far as android possibilities go- all I'd need is an S5 :p

Anybody still need a Violet?
(With digital version card)

I'd just trade her for some discs I need

I also have a spare Vanellope...
-and some discs that need trading.

Does anyone here trade? Or where is a decent place to trade this stuff online?

I'd be interested in the Vanellope. I have a ton of doubles disc from wave 1 and two. I'll attach pics and a list or take it to a trade thread if need be,JDdelphin

zeemumu

I've only played Disney Infinity once in the video game area of Innoventions at Disneyland. It was okay but I didn't get to do much.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got this last night. The wife got it as a present for the kids for spring break. Got the Wii U 2.0 Toy Box pack with Brave and Stich. Then she also bought Elsa, Baymax, and Rocket. That's two each for the boy and girl child. She's gonna use stitch. Then unbeknownst to me she busts out a Hiro figure that she said was mine. <3

JDdelphin

So are all the figures out for 2.0? Does having them all unlock anything like in the first game?

You get Luke Skywalkers landspeeder.

It plays some sweet Star Wars music while you cruise around in it as well.

There's also been a potential leak about a possible 3.0 coming out.
It's nowhere near anything confirmable as yet but it's making everyone dream of all of their favorite potential character and disc possibilities (if only to have something to be massively upset about when they don't happen)

curb

Banned
You get Luke Skywalkers landspeeder.

It plays some sweet Star Wars music while you cruise around in it as well.

There's also been a potential leak about a possible 3.0 coming out.
It's nowhere near anything confirmable as yet but it's making everyone dream of all of their favorite potential character and disc possibilities (if only to have something to be massively upset about when they don't happen)

Sounds like the source is shaky but what's the leak about?

JDdelphin

Sounds like the source is shaky but what's the leak about?

Eh the voice actor for Mulan (Ming-Na Wen) has been said to have 'confirmed' at a panel at Planet Comicon in Kansas City that Mulan is going to be in Disney Infinity

No details or specifics or anything but speculations are rampant as to what her statement implies...

A 2.5 upgrade or a full 3.0 with another line of characters (and possibly Star Wars) would be pretty rad, imo- but it's nothing to get suuuuuper excited about at this point

curb

Banned
Eh the voice actor for Mulan (Ming-Na Wen) has been said to have 'confirmed' at a panel at Planet Comicon in Kansas City that Mulan is going to be in Disney Infinity

No details or specifics or anything but speculations are rampant as to what her statement implies...

A 2.5 upgrade or a full 3.0 with another line of characters (and possibly Star Wars) would be pretty rad, imo- but it's nothing to get suuuuuper excited about at this point

Well, that's something I guess. I'm sad that find Infinity to be just an... average game. It has such potential. I bought 2.0 because of the Marvel hook and while I enjoyed it, I think it could have been so much more. I'm really hoping that even if there's a Star Wars push in the next one that there will be some more Marvel content as well. I won't be surprised if Star Wars is a big focal point with Force Awakens releasing this year but there's another Avengers this year too. Come on Disney, spread the the love around.

Also, I noticed the last two Marvel Power Discs are out now.

curb

Banned
I had always wondered how Infinity did compared to Skylanders. I noticed in the ESA's 2015 fact document that 2.0 was the 15th best selling game in 2014 according to NPD (page 11). Skylanders is not in the top 20. I'd always been under the impression that Infinity hadn't done all that great but maybe not.

mreddie

CC_lc_4UkAA9OaP.jpg

Real or fake?

I want to believe because of Tron figures, but there are a lot of cons against this image. The figures look a little bit off, specially their bases. They never revealed the full roster at once, yet a couple of figures at time. A full set for inside/out? They did not make one for Bug Hero 6, that had much more appeal imo. And we are getting two Mickeys before Goofy? I am sad.

I was also hopping that with the Ducktales reboot we would see some Duckburg characters, but...

Disney would request to take Down the image no matter of it is real or fake.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
CC_lc_4UkAA9OaP.jpg

Real or fake?

Looks a bit off, but seems plausible. They angered a lot of people making Tron stuff digital only.

Here's an idea. How about finally making that Ferb figure? Y'know, Phineas and Ferb.

mreddie

Looks a bit off, but seems plausible. They angered a lot of people making Tron stuff digital only.

Here's an idea. How about finally making that Ferb figure? Y'know, Phineas and Ferb.

He was planned for 1.0 with Doof but was excluded.

Top Bottom