• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I like the size of the Avengers Playset, and the Spiderman one. I especially love the flying or wall-climbing or web-slinging ability to go around the playsets. Characters are somehow well differntiated. I like also the bigger chance of crossover, with the crossover coins.
But the game is still to bland and easy, imho. And they are selling just one adventure with the starter pack, this time.
Toy box is improved, but I'm still not interested in this user-generated-content mode.

so with the digital ps4 version I can use my wii u infinity 1.0 base and just buy marvel dudes?

That sounds alright to me, especially for 20 bucks (especially because november is an incredibly light month for me game wise so I'll have some extra money to waste)

wonder if they'll sell the avenger set seperately(no reason to do so right now)

Neoxon

so with the digital ps4 version I can use my wii u infinity 1.0 base and just buy marvel dudes?

That sounds alright to me, especially for 20 bucks (especially because november is an incredibly light month for me game wise so I'll have some extra money to waste)

wonder if they'll sell the avenger set seperately(no reason to do so right now)
The Avengers play set will be sold separately with Iron Man & Black Widow.

ThatMattZ

Cannot wait to get off of work and play this today. I fear for my blind pack addiction. I already had to scratch that itch this morning and got 9 power disc packs at TRU. Got my Winter Soldier, Ant Man, and Yondu team ups. Only 1 double out of all those too.

I have to say I like that they got rid of the lenticular stickers on the rare discs, I mean sure it makes it harder for me to find a rare, but it gives everyone equal opportunity from just blindly picking up a pack.

Now to try to resist the urge to go back and buy more discs. Because I really want the Cap costume disc, The Infinity Gauntlet, and a couple of the terrains. Lord help me.

Spiderduff

Sorry if its been asked, but are the power disc repackaged so you cant tell which are rare like the previous ones? Or can you still tell.

Sorry if its been asked, but are the power disc repackaged so you cant tell which are rare like the previous ones? Or can you still tell.

I'm not sure, but don't think so. When I got to Toys R Us after Target there was a young couple buying only power discs and it looked as though they were using the touching method as they were only buying specific ones. I felt the few packs I bought and they were all smooth like the uncommon ones would be. I've heard that you can no longer scan a bag anymore with the game base though so retailers won't get mass returns on power discs.

ThatMattZ

The rares don't have the lenticular sticker anymore, they are just red or orange colored. So without buying the package or scanning it on a portal there is no way of telling if a rare is inside the pack without opening it. This is a big plus.

It's not confirmed, just one of the more popular rumors. Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Tron are the other leading rumors.
Mulan is out, JV confirmed recently the last 2 are from the same franchise. Mulan doesn't really have a secondary popular enough to get in.
Mushu - very low rate, not happening
Shang - to similar to Mulan nothing unique if Mulan is in
Shan Yu - not a very unique villain

So that combined with
1. One is a female
2. That female is possibly a princess
3. The absolute secrecy about them going so far as to completely remove and hide all evidence of them.
4. They will not confirm that there is no Disney playset, despite there being only 2 characters left that aren't confirmed ToyBox only.

There is only 3 things that warrant the hype and saving the reveal.
1. Beauty and the Beast Playset = not likely worth the trouble of removing/hiding data instead of just a big trailer.
2. Little Mermaid Playset = can't happen yet, no water in infinity and no swimming and such animations
3. Live Action Cinderella Playset = releasing in March, only one pic has been released so far.
I think they will reveal Cinderella, Charming(Robb Stark from GoT) and Playset within days of the full trailer.

Damn it, Cinderella is one of my favorite Disney films and I don't shitty designs based off the movie like the maleficient figure.
I know classic Maleficent is such an iconic villain and we get a dull generic one.
278px-1005541_1460340034205667_5231589890136493409_n.jpg

440px-Maleficent-SB.png

Come on now.

Funny though I would take Once Upon a Time versions of Snow White and Charming though.

BuddyL33

Neo Member
I got 1.0 for my 5 year old and will do the same for 2.0. Since I have the PS3 version and the base is compatible with the PS4, I will probably just pick up the software for the PS4 and then get the playsets separate.

In 13 packs of power discs:

1 Rare Spider-cycle
1 Rare Ghost Rider's Chain whip
1 Rare Infinity Gauntlet
1 Team Up White Tiger
1 Team Up Winter Solider
1 Team Up Ant-Man
1 Sorcerer Supreme
2 Shield Helicarrier strike
2 Space Armor
4 The Immortal Iron fists
3 Gamma Rays
2 Spider-Glider
2 Odin's Horse
1 Cloak of Levitation
1 Forgotten Skies
1 The Rip

Pretty happy to have 3/4 rares, almost all of the team ups and Dr. Strange discs from my first batch but pretty bummed about getting 3 and 4 of certain discs.

Chairhome

You guys getting the discs at TRU, right? 3 for $10. My wife is picking up 6 packs right now. I have a feeling I'll be going again later this week :p

Someone starting up a trading spreadsheet again?

fernoca

One spoiler...
Seems that the "ultimate unlock" for putting and leveling -to Level 1 at least- "all 30 figures" (not including the final 2 Disney characters) is
Luke Skywalker's landspeeder, as display right in the middle of the the Hall of Superheroes
. (link)

And a deal of sorts...
Seems Gamestop is accepting (again) figurines from Infinity and Skylanders in trade-in. In case some want to get rid of a few extras to lower the cost of the new game (or anything).(link)

ThatMattZ

TRU is the place to go for discs right now. Can't beat 3 for $10. I had to scratch that itch again at lunch and snagged 3 more. Here's my haul so far. Pretty happy about limited doubles at this point.

1: Hellicarrier Strike - Event
1: Sorcerer Supreme - Event
1: Winter Soldier - Team Up
1: Ant-Man - Team Up
1: Yondu - Team Up
1: Stark Arc Reactor - Costume
2: The Immortal Iron Fist - Costume
1: Space Armor - Costume
1: Alien Symboite - Costume
2: Containment Truck - Vehicle
1: Hydra Motorcycle - Vehicle
1: Lola - Vehicle
1: Spider-Copter – Vehicle
1: Spider-Buggy – Vehicle
1: Odin's Horse – Mount
1: Cloak of Levitation – Pack
1: Jack O’Lantern’s Glider – Pack
1: Groot’s View - Skydome
3: View From the Suit - Skydome

Triz

You guys getting the discs at TRU, right? 3 for $10. My wife is picking up 6 packs right now. I have a feeling I'll be going again later this week :p

I picked up 6 from TRU, and the clerk made it a point to tell me they are limiting any of the same item to 4. Had to get a manager just to buy 6. Fucking retarded.

ThatMattZ

I picked up 6 from TRU, and the clerk made it a point to tell me they are limiting any of the same item to 4. Had to get a manager just to buy 6. Fucking retarded.

I think its silly that they would put that limit on especially when its buy 3 for the sale. I bought 9 packs this morning with no problem and went back for 3 more during lunch. They didn't give me any hassle, except for the whole..... "weren't you here early?" judgmental question.

xillyriax

Didnt see any of the Disney figures, but plenty of the Marvel left at my Target. Don't know if people are cherry picking them, but I noticed the paint jobs were......pretty terrible. Thinking about picking some figures up and repainting them.

Neoxon

Didnt see any of the Disney figures, but plenty of the Marvel left at my Target. Don't know if people are cherry picking them, but I noticed the paint jobs were......pretty terrible. Thinking about picking some figures up and repainting them.
If the poorly-painted ones are left, people were most likely cherry-picking.

Anyone know what the deal is with 2 of the downloadable toy boxes saying that they might have poor performance? I'm on Xbox One and was wondering if that shows on PS4.

Anyone with a BB GCU membership know if the discounts on power discs is limited to 3? It's not platform specific so I'm scared to find out. lol

currently ticked off at best buy, pre ordered it yesterday to get the free figure and seems none of it went through.

Anyways maybe I should just wait for the Disney stuff.

Anyways maybe I should just wait for the Disney stuff.
I was going to do that, was most excited about Aladdin stuff but now
1. Jasmine is 2015
2. The Agrabah toybox textures and skybox are exclusive to a two pack of Jasmine and Aladdin in 2015
So now I have to wait on Aladdin as well.

Probably end up with just Stitch, Tinkerbell and Maleficent for a while.

Ludist210

It's not confirmed, just one of the more popular rumors. Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Tron are the other leading rumors.
I think Belle and Beast would be an excellent edition, especially if they included a play set along with them. Beast's Castle would be excellent to explore.

Didn't someone set up a spreadsheet for trading last year? It was pretty cool to get trades in the mail....I even had some GAFers send it addressed to my daughter's first name....she was thrilled to get toys in the mail.

Here's my pulls:
World War Hulk Terrain x1
Spider-Man Terrain x1
Iron Man Sky x1
Dr. Strange's Mystic Power x2
Winter Soldier x2
Iron Patriot x1
Yondu x2
The Immortal Iron Fist (Iron Fist) x3
Alien Symbiote (Spiderman) x1
Space Armor (Gamora) x1
Gamma Rays (Hulk) x3
Hydra Motorcycle x1
Spider Copter x2
Spider Buggy x2
Spider-Glider x1
Sliepnir x1
Cloak of Levitation x1

I'd be happy to trade the extras I have for commons I don't have, and I'd definitely be interested in trading my spare Yondu for one of the other 3 rares....just PM me.

If people who are interested in making trades want to make a post with a list of what they have and what they need I'd be happy to put a link to your post in the OP under a GAF Trades section.

Cleve

Well, looks like my PS4 collector's edition I preordered at bestbuy's website is listed as backordered. That sucks. :( Have fun, boys

Chairhome

I have one extra of the following:
Black Panther's Vibranium Knives
Spider-man Black Symbiote

I'm open to trades, but ask that you wait till the end of the week cause I'm going to buy a few more packs :-D

Can Trade

Infinity 2.0 Discs

2 Shield Helicarrier strike
1 Space Armor
3 The Immortal Iron fists
3 Gamma Rays
2 Spider-Glider
1 Odin's Horse
2 Spider Cycle (rare)
1 Lola
2 Cloak of Levitation
1 Forgotten Skies
1 Winter Solider

Infinity Series 1 Discs

1 Elephant Abu (rare)
1 Dumbo Ride (rare)
1 Kahn
1 Cinderella's coach
1 Stich's blaster
3 Carl Fredricksen's cane
2 King Candy's Dessert toppings
1 Sugar Rush sky
1 Alice's Wonderland
2 Tulgey Wood
2 Rapunzel's Birthday sky

Need

Stark Tech
Spidey's Streets
World War Hulk
Star-Lord's Galaxy
Dinosaur World
Groot's Roots
View from the Suit
World War Hulk Sky
Hydra Motorcycle
Jack-O-Lantern's Glider
Spider-Buggy
Marvel Team Up: Iron Patriot
Stark Arc Reactor
Sentinel of Liberty
Marvel Team Up: Yondu

RobbieNick

Only got 3 packs of power discs, but I'm happy with what I got so far.

Iron Fist alternate costume (Got Iron fist at E3 so, great)!
Dr. Strange's cloak (It's a glider)
Spider Buggy
Spidey Helicopter
Team Up Iron Patriot
Team Up Winter Soldier.

BTW, those team up power discs are kind of a waste. It take like, ten minutes for them to power up and they only fight along side you for about a minute.

Nova is one lucky mofo to be playable in all playsets. I haven't picked up the Spider-Man set yet. Who are the crossover characters for that one?

Just finished the Avengers play set. I'm mostly interested into the toy box stuff so my expectations for the play sets were a bit low going in, but I had fun with it. I thought the length was just about perfect... as in it ended before I got bored with it like most 1.0 play sets (or Lego games for that matter) but people will find it lacking in terms of value per dollar. I really like Thor. I guess it's the weird satisfaction I get from throwing stuff but I just love tossing Mjolnir. I put all my skill points into range. lol Flying is really satisfying too. Gonna mess around in the toy box before I move on to GotG.

Nova is one lucky mofo to be playable in all playsets. I haven't picked up the Spider-Man set yet. Who are the crossover characters for that one?

I haven't played it but the official site shows Ironman and Hulk being playable in the Spidey play set so probably them.

Anyone know which versions Heavy Iron worked on? They mention the game on their site but no platforms listed. They did the Wii, Wii U, and mobile versions of 1.0.

Spiderduff

Question. Anyone having trouble having your 1.0 figures pop up on the hall of heroes? Only a few worked but the collection menu shows them all. Any tips?

How many of the new power discs have new levels? I like the tower defense Asgard one that comes with the main set. Are any of the new power discs level discs?

RobbieNick

How many of the new power discs have new levels? I like the tower defense Asgard one that comes with the main set. Are any of the new power discs level discs?

The Stich and Merideth Toy Box set come with two more. I'm just hoping they'll be available separate. I they can also be made using the Toy Box itself. They have a lot more choice in how you make a game and it feels much more like LBP this time.

The Stich and Merideth Toy Box set come with two more. I'm just hoping they'll be available separate. I they can also be made using the Toy Box itself. They have a lot more choice in how you make a game and it feels much more like LBP this time.

This sounds cool, I want to buy the game but screwed out of my free figure, I need pushed to buy the game.....

any examples of this?

TI82

Banned
Kind of lost on this series. Its not like skylanders where its a dungeon romp right? Its more like the toy box on toy story 3? Also I heard the Wii u version runs like shit?

Kind of lost on this series. Its not like skylanders where its a dungeon romp right? Its more like the toy box on toy story 3? Also I heard the Wii u version runs like shit?

Yes, some of the story modes are actually good/great like Pirates and Lone Ranger
But their main focus is the toybox.

fernoca

Maybe I just need to play it with a friend because I've never been able to figure out what its like to play.
To "play", you need to put a playset figure (a clear plastic sculpted like the logo of that franchise) in the base; along the figure of the playset you want to play. Then choose it in the menu.

The first included 3 playsets in one playset-figure (Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles) and a figure from each: Sully, Jack and Mr. Incredible. To play Pirates, you put Jack and the playset, etc. There were 3 other playsets (Lone Ranger, Toy Story and Cars) and each recquired one figure of the respective playset in the base to play them.

If just put a figure, the only option in the menu is the Toy Box to create or download stuff.

Chairhome

How do team-ups work? Is there a button you press to call them in? Or to initiate Fury's airstrike?

I played a little with my son then with my wife last night. It's pretty fun so far. Repetitive but we like the subject matter so we're having a good time. PS4 version runs well.

Man I bought Anna the other day when Walmart was making room for 2.0.
despite just thinking Frozen was okay she is pretty awesome in Infinity. Freaking grappling hook and shovel as weapons.

How do team-ups work? Is there a button you press to call them in? Or to initiate Fury's airstrike?

I played a little with my son then with my wife last night. It's pretty fun so far. Repetitive but we like the subject matter so we're having a good time. PS4 version runs well.

Discs need time to work. In the upper left of the screen it'll show the discs you have placed and yellow slowly going around it. When it's all yellow (on Xbox) you hit the d pad up or down to use the one you'd like.

JohngPR

I went to Target to price match this deal and they were reluctant to do it, but when they called the manager she was fine to do it so I got 6 packs for $20.

:p

Also, would be happy to trade with you again!

PS:

Opened up the first pack and got this bad boy. :)

Top Bottom