• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

Chairhome

Discs need time to work. In the upper left of the screen it'll show the discs you have placed and yellow slowly going around it. When it's all yellow (on Xbox) you hit the d pad up or down to use the one you'd like.
Thanks!

I went to Target to price match this deal and they were reluctant to do it, but when they called the manager she was fine to do it so I got 6 packs for $20.

:p

Also, would be happy to trade with you again!

PS:

Opened up the first pack and got this bad boy. :)

Sweet. We got that one, too! There's a trading event happening at Toys R Us this Saturday, but let me dig up the old spreadsheet someone made in the last thread.

TRADING SPREADSHEET

I figure we can just update the old one! OP, do you want to add this to your OP?

I went to Target to price match this deal and they were reluctant to do it, but when they called the manager she was fine to do it so I got 6 packs for $20.

Also, would be happy to trade with you again!

PS:

Opened up the first pack and got this bad boy. :)

Infinity Gauntlet is my favorite so far.

Thanks!

Sweet. We got that one, too! There's a trading event happening at Toys R Us this Saturday, but let me dig up the old spreadsheet someone made in the last thread.

TRADING SPREADSHEET

I figure we can just update the old one! OP, do you want to add this to your OP?

Yeah that seems easier, I'll add it to the OP.

Wow found the Toystory playset for $20 at my Best Buy.
Told me that price was put up too early but sold it to me at that price anyway.

Really wanted Captain America but I am waiting till November for 2.0

JohngPR

I'm still waiting for my 2.0 to come in. I ordered that Premium Value Pack from Amazon and it had a ship date of Thursday despite the fact that I got my other stuff (Groot, GotG playset) on Tuesday. I made mention of it to Amazon and they upgraded my shipping so I should be getting it sometime today. They are taking their sweet time to deliver it.

Is there anyone just selling the game and figures? or just the game?

Starting on November 4, fans will have the option to digitally download Toy Box 2.0 on their PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Wii U systems and utilize their existing Disney Infinity base, along with all figures and Power Discs from the first edition in this all-new Toy Box. The download will be available on PlayStation Network, Xbox Store and the Nintendo eShop with a suggested retail price of $29.99. For a limited time, the download will be offered on PlayStation Network and the Nintendo eShop for an introductory suggested retail price of $19.99.

We’re launching this digital option on November 4 because that’s when all 2.0 Edition Play Sets will be available for individual purchase. It’s also when the Disney Originals series becomes available, significantly expanding the 2.0 character roster, so we believe this is the best timing for the a la carte consumer.

Your best bet.

Ibuki

Banned
This will be my first time playing Infinity. I'm so tempted to pick it up after work. I know it will kill my wallet but I really want the Guardians and Spiderman stuff. I also want some of the old figures like Jack Skellington and the Frozen Set but those will have to wait.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
They've addressed a ton of my issues with the game. I still want object scaling and some sort of color/alpha blending system on blocks if nothing else, but the addition of text popups, winstates that let you build real levels with multiple tiers, a sane unlock system that moves away from requiring you to spend real money, more complex logic gates, and more all add up to a much improved experience in the ToyBox.

So it's sorta weird to me that they'd lead with the Super Heroes playsets instead? I guess maybe the idea is to capitalize on the "serious" players that want a story campaign and hope they backfill some user-made content before releasing the ToyBox set later on at a lower pricepoint. *shrug*

I also love how much there is to do here. In ToyBox 1.0 it was basically "Character's random minigame," "Dick around and try to make something yourself," or "Playset levels (if you're a character who even do them)." Now it's playset levels, tower defense minigames, Diablo-y minigames, user created levels, INterior decorating, building machines to help you grind for $$ to get the toys you want, grinding to upgrade your character's powers, making your own game, using the advanced creativitoys to make a really unique gimmick toy or scenario, etc. It really feels like there's a way to be creative here where you couldn't before, and I dig that.

The playsets are still mediocre adventures, I guess, but at least now they're fully voice acted? They no longer feel like the tiny rushjobs that the first game's playsets often felt like, falling back on text with minimal cutscenes and a bunch of random "put clothes on this guy" tasks. Most of that seems to have been wiped away in favor of something akin to an abridged mid-2000's licensed adventure. They're functional and are a good way to passively grind for XP/sparks when you're bored of more engaging modes, but... eh.

Oh, and I do love the way they handled death. Making that meaningful does a HUGE service to the game by forcing me to pay at least a modicum of attention.

RobbieNick

They've addressed a ton of my issues with the game. I still want object scaling and some sort of color/alpha blending system on blocks if nothing else, but the addition of text popups, winstates that let you build real levels with multiple tiers, a sane unlock system that moves away from requiring you to spend real money, more complex logic gates, and more all add up to a much improved experience in the ToyBox.

So it's sorta weird to me that they'd lead with the Super Heroes playsets instead? I guess maybe the idea is to capitalize on the "serious" players that want a story campaign and hope they backfill some user-made content before releasing the ToyBox set later on at a lower pricepoint. *shrug*

I also love how much there is to do here. In ToyBox 1.0 it was basically "Character's random minigame," "Dick around and try to make something yourself," or "Playset levels (if you're a character who even do them)." Now it's playset levels, tower defense minigames, Diablo-y minigames, user created levels, INterior decorating, building machines to help you grind for $$ to get the toys you want, grinding to upgrade your character's powers, making your own game, using the advanced creativitoys to make a really unique gimmick toy or scenario, etc. It really feels like there's a way to be creative here where you couldn't before, and I dig that.

The playsets are still mediocre adventures, I guess, but at least now they're fully voice acted? They no longer feel like the tiny rushjobs that the first game's playsets often felt like, falling back on text with minimal cutscenes and a bunch of random "put clothes on this guy" tasks. Most of that seems to have been wiped away in favor of something akin to an abridged mid-2000's licensed adventure. They're functional and are a good way to passively grind for XP/sparks when you're bored of more engaging modes, but... eh.

Oh, and I do love the way they handled death. Making that meaningful does a HUGE service to the game by forcing me to pay at least a modicum of attention.

Seriously. I had a mid-way battle with Loki that was actually hard! I lost 3 of my guys before finally defeating him with Black Widow. The toy box is such a huge improvement over the original, only it sucks that I have to drop all my old figure on the set to unlock their toys. Oh well.

The power disc series 1 seems much larger this time which leads to less chance of repeats until you're getting close to finishing. I got 12 discs so far and no repeats.

I got Ghost Riders' whip and the disc is orange. Is that a rare?

Messed with the interior stuff a little bit. Not much but I'm gonna be so hooked to this new toy box.

prcn7UT.png

Ibuki

Banned
I ended up grabbing the PS4 starter pack, every figure, both playsets, and two power disc packs. I can tell it's going to be addicting collecting all the figures.

Campster

The power disc series 1 seems much larger this time which leads to less chance of repeats until you're getting close to finishing. I got 12 discs so far and no repeats.

I got Ghost Riders' whip and the disc is orange. Is that a rare?

Yeah, the Ghost Riders' whip is rare. There's a nice image of the Super Hero power disks over on the Disney Infinity wiki that breaks that all out pretty clearly. I got the Spider Cycle!

comicbook.com said:
CB: So if the call came down now, you picked up the phone and it was Mickey Mouse on the other end and he demanded that Dopey the Dwarf join the game as a playable character, what sort of turnaround time would you need?

JV: It really depends. It goes back to your original character, where I think you were asking, really, “Are you planning on delivering content digitally and can you do that?” and the answer is, “Yes, the system is designed to do that.” Do we plan on doing that? Well, I think this year you’ll see our first two characters delivered digitally, two Disney characters that we have not yet announced.
But as time goes on, the answer is yes. If we get an itch or a strong request from fans that we potentially didn’t foresee including in the platform during the course of development, we will be able to make that as an additional figure and introduce that character to the game digitally.
To make the physical mould, the physical game piece itself, the figure, that takes considerably longer. At minimum you’re looking at eight to ten months to make one of those figures.

On another forum an Avalanche team member confirmed the characters would have figures, you just need to download the in game version.

I wonder why the secrecy over these two characters or if its just a test to see if this model will work in stores. They've stated before that they think their fanbase could handle it due to the connection rate.

Neoxon

On another forum an Avalanche team member confirmed the characters would have figures, you just need to download the in game version.

I wonder why the secrecy over these two characters or if its just a test to see if this model will work in stores. They've stated before that they think their fanbase could handle it due to the connection rate.
There's also the idea that these 2 could have been late additions, later than Yondu. It had to be 2 Disney characters (supposedly from the same franchise, IIRC) that either didn't make it in time or were a result of fan demand.

Yeah,

There's also the idea that these 2 could have been late additions, later than Yondu. It had to be 2 Disney characters (supposedly from the same franchise, IIRC) that either didn't make it in time or were a result of fan demand.
It made me wonder, I was completely sold on them being from the live action Cinderella
but it seems to me that would have been a higher priority and not added in as DLC months later.

Yeah, I just can't think of anything that blew up that recently. Perhaps it was requested higher up from Disney but I'd think the Lone Ranger scenario would stop them from that.

Neoxon

The only Disney franchise w/ fan demand that wasn't planned for the game that could have been added this late would be Dipper & Mabel from Gravity Falls. There could be others, but I can't think of any. Though the idea that the late additions aren't fan demanded is possible.

The only Disney franchise w/ fan demand that wasn't planned for the game that could have been added this late would be Dipper & Mabel from Gravity Falls. There could be others, but I can't think of any. Though the idea that the late additions aren't fan demanded is possible.
Could be but they said Mabel and Dipper wouldn't be playable around the same time JV was talking about this unannounced character being his favorite to play as.

Neoxon

Could be but they said Mabel and Dipper wouldn't be playable around the same time JV was talking about this unannounced character being his favorite to play as.
That's exactly my point. They could have seen the fan demand & made a last-minute addition.

Granted, that's the least likely scenario, but still.

mreddie

Should I upgrade now or wait til Black Friday to get the figures? Should I get digital or just get the Avengers playset now? Buy figures starting next week? What about Skylanders? That looks good and when playing my nephews copy of Swap Force, should I join the Trap Team?

wjUoaIr.gif

Fantomex

Should I upgrade now or wait til Black Friday to get the figures? Should I get digital or just get the Avengers playset now? Buy figures starting next week? What about Skylanders? That looks good and when playing my nephews copy of Swap Force, should I join the Trap Team?

wjUoaIr.gif

I feel the exact same way. thankfully im broke right now so my decision is to wait.

wjUoaIr.gif

It largely depends what you want to buy. If you see yourself wanting the Avengers play set and all three characters the digital version will only save you six dollars. If you have no interest in the Avengers set or Thor it would be a pretty good way to go. If you can wait until Black Friday stores will likely have the Starters at at least 20 dollars off.

As for Skylanders it's a pretty good dungeon crawler but they haven't really moved the series forward with gameplay in three games, they've mostly just added new toy gimmicks that put new paint over the same thing. I'd wait for a 30 dollar starter for that series.

RobbieNick

Anyone who want to get rid of some old Infinity figures or Skyanders, Gamestop is now doing trade-ins.

I got seriously lucky with the power discs today. I price-comped the TrU deal at Target and got 6 more packs. This, combined with the 6 packs I bought yesterday makes a combined 24 discs. I was expecting a few repeats, but so far only got 2! My Target run not only nabbed me most of the Team-Up discs and alternate costumes, but the Infinity Gauntlet as well. Score!

Campster

Seriously, though. I just played some of the currently available downloadable levels. And yeah, the balance was all wrong and the camera angles were buggy and no one quite knows how to make anything good with it yet. I died way too many times on some shitty platforming sections and the final boss fight owned me because I hadn't grinded my chars up enough.

But still, I downloaded, like, and actual level. Something with different camera angles, some challenges in both platforming and monster fighting, and a final boss that once defeated ended the level and let me know I beat it. And that is just so alien coming from the first game where everything was sort of "Hey look we plopped some dudes down over here and now you're at the end so here's some confetti or whatever. Now load someone else's level, dude!" I really, really look forward to what the community can make now that the tools are there to make real levels and not fluffy crap. It's sort of exciting to think of the things you can make with this.

Rayme

Have they said yet if/when we'd be able to get the Stitch/Merida figures & Toy Box Games separately from the starter pack?

fernoca

Have they said yet if/when we'd be able to get the Stitch/Merida figures & Toy Box Games separately from the starter pack?
Yeah. November 4th is the date of...everything, individual figures too. Though for the "game discs", they said will share more details later.

So for an Infinity noob like me, what did I dload for free on the Wii U? Can I just pick up a Rocket Racoon with a converter base and be good to go with that software, or am I missing something key?

RobbieNick

Seriously, though. I just played some of the currently available downloadable levels. And yeah, the balance was all wrong and the camera angles were buggy and no one quite knows how to make anything good with it yet. I died way too many times on some shitty platforming sections and the final boss fight owned me because I hadn't grinded my chars up enough.

But still, I downloaded, like, and actual level. Something with different camera angles, some challenges in both platforming and monster fighting, and a final boss that once defeated ended the level and let me know I beat it. And that is just so alien coming from the first game where everything was sort of "Hey look we plopped some dudes down over here and now you're at the end so here's some confetti or whatever. Now load someone else's level, dude!" I really, really look forward to what the community can make now that the tools are there to make real levels and not fluffy crap. It's sort of exciting to think of the things you can make with this.

I actually liked that "Evil Castle" one. Not great by any stretch, but challenging and still fun for a Toy Box game and having an actual end to the game is fantastic.

Are Figures, Power Disks and PlayWorld statues region free?
Sorry for this as i'm sure it's been asked previously but i haven't found an answer yet. My sister has bought the UK Disney Infinity 2.0 for her little 'uns and my brother is going to America this weekend and can get her some figures.

Basically, Will the US Figures & Accessories work with UK DI 2.0?

Also if anyone knows if the same is true for US Amiibo's working in the UK then i'll get him to buy me some of those while he's there too :)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God damn it, every single time I see this title I think it's a Destiny thread. Eyes and reading be damned.

Briarios

So for an Infinity noob like me, what did I dload for free on the Wii U? Can I just pick up a Rocket Racoon with a converter base and be good to go with that software, or am I missing something key?

The Wii U version was infinity 1.0 -- you can't use the new figures with it, but if you buy 2.0, the base will work with it and you'll be able to pick up the old play sets to play.

Campster

I actually liked that "Evil Castle" one. Not great by any stretch, but challenging and still fun for a Toy Box game and having an actual end to the game is fantastic.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I played last night. It was really unbalanced and there were a ton of ways to break the camera, but still the idea that it wasn't just an "Explore this crap and see confetti, the end!" level really makes a difference.

So is it known what future playsets are coming out?

Also, can you unlock a ton of characters for different playsets or just a few fixed ones. I have all 3 playsets yet I only remember seeing the character tokens for 5 or so characters across the sets.

There might be a Disney set with the unannounced characters,
because they still haven't given a definitive answer when we are down to only two characters that we don't know are Toybox only or not.

But if not there are no more coming after these 3.

Campster

Also, can you unlock a ton of characters for different playsets or just a few fixed ones. I have all 3 playsets yet I only remember seeing the character tokens for 5 or so characters across the sets.

You can divine who can play what by looking at the character site or the tags on their box art. For example, the Hulk's page clearly lists him as compatible with Spider-Man, ToyBox 2.0, and Avengers.

As far as I'm aware the playset crossovers are just:

* Hulk can visit Spider-man
* Nova can visit both Avengers and Guardians
* Rocket can visit Avengers
* Iron man can visit Guardians and Spider-Man.

There might be a Disney set with the unannounced characters,
because they still haven't given a definitive answer when we are down to only two characters that we don't know are Toybox only or not.

But if not there are no more coming after these 3.

oh wow thats a surprise. infinity 1 not only had quite a few playsets, they were very different from each other.

with 2, spiderman and avengers are extremely similar (both same city, different area)

Top Bottom