• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

oh wow thats a surprise. infinity 1 not only had quite a few playsets, they were very different from each other.

with 2, spiderman and avengers are extremely similar (both same city, different area)

Yup 1.0 had 6 which were all very different.

Pirates of the Caribbean
Monsters Inc
Incredibles(all 3 of which came with the game)
Lone Ranger
Cars
Toy Story

Ludist210

I haven't even put the Avenger's Play Set piece on the board yet. I'm enjoying screwing around in the Toy Box and with INteriors...I built a lovely room for Rapunzel out of all of her stuff.

And yeah, I got some Power Discs. I'll catalog them and swap with people if they like. They're all Marvel stuff though...are the Disney discs for 2.0 not launching until the Originals launch in November?

Nitemare1

I hate to be that guy cause I'm sure it's already been answered somewhere in the thread but whats the deal with the hulk figures. I picked up everything but couldn't find a Hulk anywhere? Some online stores have him listed for not available until October?

I hate to be that guy cause I'm sure it's already been answered somewhere in the thread but whats the deal with the hulk figures. I picked up everything but couldn't find a Hulk anywhere? Some online stores have him listed for not available until October?
He's only available in the PS4 special edition. Available for individual purchase towards the end of October.

Nitemare1

He's only available in the PS4 special edition. Available for individual purchase towards the end of October.

Awesome! Thanks. I didn't see any of the special edition in the store where I picked it up. It was kind of an impulse buy when I saw how much the figures appealed to me. Guess I'll have to wait until Oct.

gsrjedi

The special edition was very expensive ($180) & only available for the PS3 & PS4.

Spent some time playing & it definitely feels improved. Played the Night Castle toy box level & I'm really happy those levels can now be full levels. Can't wait to see what people come up with

What's the fastest way to level? Got to lv 10 with Black Widow and it's gotten a lot slow it seems.

Make a "sparks generator" in the toy box. Set up 4-8 enemy generators to spawn large version of enemies and tie them to a repeater so that they keep spawning. Set up an area trigger box on top of the spawns with a kill switch nearby. If you set the trigger to activate the kill switch for when AI enemy enter the box, they'll die immediately. You need to place a switch to turn on and off the repeater or just use the area trigger box to activate the repeater when a player character walks in (and to turn off when a player walks out if you want). You can set up walls around your generators to prevent sparks from going to far. Just have your character pick them up. Sometimes the spark drops slow down but at least you can idle and level up and get money this way. It's a little like cheating but when there are so many toys to unlock and so many figures to level up after you finish all 3 play sets, I say anything goes. lol

Very nice, can't wait to see what the incredibles and Jack skellington can do.

Well, for the most part they don't do anything new. The skill tree just enhances their abilities. Things like more damage, higher jumps, faster running, regenerating health, etc.

I spent the entire night (well, morning to be exact, since it was about 12:30am when I started and quarter after 8 when I finished) with the game. Played through the Starter Set's Play Set, and also fooled around with the rest of the game's content.

Meh...

Last year's was more entertaining. This year's is very repetitive, it's still quite glitchy and it lacks a wow factor. I was easier on it last year because it was new and kinks still needed to be worked out, but this is actually a backwards step so to speak, despite some refinements.

The only thing I can't figure out how to do, and want to before I move onto something else is this: Link five Toyboxes together using doors.

If anyone could let me know how to do that, it'd be appreciated.

Last year's was more entertaining. This year's is very repetitive, it's still quite glitchy and it lacks a wow factor.
I think a big problem is that despite being a huge Marvel fan it just isn't special.

We have games with many Marvel characters all the time(Lego Marvel recently)and
We always see these characters team up with each other every once in a while.

On the other hand what other game has Woody, Captain Jack and even freaking Jack Skellington(besides KH because they aren't playable).

I think a big problem is that despite being a huge Marvel fan it just isn't special.

We have games with many Marvel characters all the time(Lego Marvel recently)and
We always see these characters team up with each other every once in a while.

On the other hand what other game has Woody, Captain Jack and even freaking Jack Skellington(besides KH because they aren't playable).

That's a good point

kunonabi

Well, for the most part they don't do anything new. The skill tree just enhances their abilities. Things like more damage, higher jumps, faster running, regenerating health, etc.

That is pretty damn lame.

You can get new attacks by upgrading them, like some sort of mines for Iron Man. Also, you have to get to level 3 I believe, before you can unlock their super powers.

Iron Man's super is that his shoulders turn into rocket launchers and he fires multiple heat-seekers out. Sometimes they don't heat-seek like they should, but they're deadly.

Black Widow turns invisible. Kind of useless.

Thor's I don't know

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, just came across a weird glitch in the Toy Box.

Putting the Alice in Wonderland skybox disc on the portal gives me the AiW background, but the music it plays is the one from the Monsters University skybox. Note that this disc worked perfectly in Disney Infinity 1.0. Anybody else having this problem, or is it just me?

RobbieNick

Thors' super brings down a lightning storm that attacks all nearby enemies.

Nova's super pretty powerful too. Lifting all nearby enemies in the air and slamming them down.

Nova, Thor and Iron Man are pretty much the big heavy hitters with flight and powerful supers. Plus, Iron Man and Nova get to be playable in all playsets.

Star Lord's super seems the weakest as he just throws out a turret.

I like playing as Iron Fist. He has super fast attacks and his super is a giant flame dragon.

Fun fact, the voice actor of Nick Fury in Ultimate Spider-Man is his cartoon voice actor while he's voiced by Samuel Jackson himself in the Avengers playset.

Avengers and Spider-Man playsets are a lot alike. Both take place in Manhattan, but sectioned off (you can see Avengers tower in Ultimate Spider-Man). Avengers is my least favorite as you constantly have to go back and fourth between 3 mission givers. While there's still a lot of that in Spider-Man, you do get a lot more interior levels than in the Avengers (although a lot of that interior is sewers).

Guardians playset is much more linear with less back tracking as Cosmo (that dog of Collectors in the movie is much closer to his comic book counterpart.in the game) and The Collector give you orders through holograms nearby. Also, that playset seems to have the best graphics thanks to some great lighting and solid textures.

Bought 9 more packs of Power Discs with Toys R Us sale. I tried to only buy Hexagonal packs to try to avoid more duplicates, got over half duplicates. I'm done buying packs and will just try to trade to get the rest here.

My trade list if anyone's interested.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
You can get new attacks by upgrading them, like some sort of mines for Iron Man. Also, you have to get to level 3 I believe, before you can unlock their super powers.

Iron Man's super is that his shoulders turn into rocket launchers and he fires multiple heat-seekers out. Sometimes they don't heat-seek like they should, but they're deadly.

Black Widow turns invisible. Kind of useless.

Thor's I don't know

Turning invisible makes the bad guys not attack you. It's actually pretty handy; it's functional invulnerability unless you're playing with a friend who stands next to you while pulling agro. Thor's is basically an AOE that does damage to everyone around him by chunkin' up the ground with lightening.

And really, I'm digging how different each character feels. My favorite little touch is playing as Thor and being able to throw Mjolnir at one guy and then turning and whaling on a dude with my fists while waiting for it to come back to me and let me start using lightning powers again. It's fun.

Turning invisible makes the bad guys not attack you. It's actually pretty handy; it's functional invulnerability unless you're playing with a friend who stands next to you while pulling agro. Thor's is basically an AOE that does damage to everyone around him by chunkin' up the ground with lightening.

And really, I'm digging how different each character feels. My favorite little touch is playing as Thor and being able to throw Mjolnir at one guy and then turning and whaling on a dude with my fists while waiting for it to come back to me and let me start using lightning powers again. It's fun.

I thought it would, but they still saw me when I used it the first time.

So, noone knows how to use Toybox doors to link? I can't find the option anywhere.

The_Afroman

QsTvLse.jpg

Ah yes! can't wait to get off work!!

Neoxon

Am I the only one who noticed that they got Colleen O'Shaughnessey & Jennifer Hale back from EMH to voice Wasp & Captain Marvel?

RobbieNick

I'm still confused as to what these do. Are they like mini games?

The round ones are power-ups for your characters. If you see a round one with a character you own on it, that's an alternate costume. Round discs with other characters are usually team-up discs that bring in an NPC to fight alongside you like Winter Soldier or Iron Patriot.

Hexagonal discs are used for the toy box. You can get vehicles, weapons, sky and ground textures and other stuff.

I beat the Avengers playset a couple of days ago and think it's a pretty big step up from all of the first games playsets (I haven't played the Toy Story one). So far GotG is not as good as the Avengers game but is the same relative quality of the best of the first game. If they're able to add more varied tasks and continue to expand on the gameplay I think next year could be a really good game. Unfortunately, the all Star Wars focus is much less appealing to me and the non-super powered characters are far less fun to play.

Karak

Holy mother of god this game is so budget level as to be almost impossible to explain. The number of glitches is simply beyond any game I have seen in full release ever. My god its laughable.

rattlehead57

Neo Member
How do you perform the Special moves on PS4? Do you need to spend skill points to unlock them?

The purple sparks are supposed to earn power for those moves right? Is there a bar or anything to indicate you can use the special power?

RobbieNick

How do you perform the Special moves on PS4? Do you need to spend skill points to unlock them?

The purple sparks are supposed to earn power for those moves right? Is there a bar or anything to indicate you can use the special power?

Buy them through the skill tree when you've leveled up enough.

Grimsen

Bought Cap, Venom and Groot at Target on a whim, since they were 3 for the price of 2, and I don't even own the game (yet). They look really nice.

I'll most likely pick up Hulk, too. The rest of the figures were meh. I'm disapppointed with Rocket, i wish they made a better looking figure.

I'll wait for a sale for the Avengers' pack.

I also bought Mater from 1.0 so that my son can eventually play him in the toybox.

johnsmith

remember me
Should I get the wii u version or wait til it buy a ps4?

The game doesn't look like it would really benefit from the extra hardware power.

The game doesn't look like it would really benefit from the extra hardware power.

Honestly if your insensitive to the resolution differences I'd just get it on wiiu...

The game doesn't really look much better at 1080p then it does at 720p though the nasty screen tearing appears to be gone now.

The Wii U Toy box on the first game was unable to handle as much or as well as 360/PS3. I don't know if they have parity now though. PS4 and Xbox One toy boxes have been confirmed to be able to be more ambitious and certain ones will not be able to play on the older systems. If Toy Box isn't a factor it doesn't really matter.

You could also get the Wii U version now and if you enjoy it upgrade to the PS4 with the digital download version.

ckohler

Is Rocket any good as a playable character? I saw Nova last night and he could also fly. Is there anything that makes Rocket special?

Is there a website that explains what the power discs do? I played for hours with Iron Man's arc reactor disc on only to find when I put Iron Man on it changed his suit. Dunno if it gives you anything else, though.

Is Rocket any good as a playable character? I saw Nova last night and he could also fly. Is there anything that makes Rocket special?

Rocket is purely a ranged character. He doesn't have a melee combo--just a tackle, ground pound, and unblockable grenades. If you upgrade all of his ranged abilities, he has, I think, the fastest shooting rate and it seems like he never has to reload once you get his second clip upgrade. I think most people probably might find ranged characters boring if all you're really doing is shooting nonstop. Characters with a mix of ranged and melee are likely more interesting to most players. Novas ranged shots are pretty weak but his charge shot is extremely powerful. Nova and Ironman are essentially the same but their specials and block breakers are different. Star-Lords range is weak compared to Rockets but you can upgrade his to homing shots but I don't believe he has a charge shot iirc. Star-Lord has some decent melee capabilities unlike Rocket, though.

Rocket is purely a ranged character. He doesn't have a melee combo--just a tackle, ground pound, and unblockable grenades. If you upgrade all of his ranged abilities, he has, I think, the fastest shooting rate and it seems like he never has to reload once you get his second clip upgrade. I think most people probably might find ranged characters boring if all you're really doing is shooting nonstop. Characters with a mix of ranged and melee are likely more interesting to most players. Novas ranged shots are pretty weak but his charge shot is extremely powerful. Nova and Ironman are essentially the same but their specials and block breakers are different. Star-Lords range is weak compared to Rockets but you can upgrade his to homing shots but I don't believe he has a charge shot iirc. Star-Lord has some decent melee capabilities unlock Rocket, though.

Yeah for this reason I didnt buy any pure ranged characters. Very quickly becomes repetitive. In addition, I personally found the gameplay in guardians playset to be a chore, which is a shame since there are a lot of cool characters in that playset.

Top Bottom