• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

KaYotiX

Banned
That sound you hear is the weeping of parent's wallets all over the world. I don't think it's a matter of IF it sells more than Skylanders, but WHEN.

So true, im glad my son is only 4 months old because if he was 3+ id be broke in a month. This will be like crack to kids.

brigadeer

Many thanks to the OP for this thread!

I can't wait to Sunday to pick this game up for my son and I.

Wreck-It-Ralph is our favorite movie ever, so I'm hopeful they will release figures and playable levels at some point. Pumped for The Incredibles at the moment.

I'm waiting on parents reviews before getting it for my daughter and I. I'm also waiting to see if I should get us the Wii U or 3DS version.

DrZeus

So glad my ps3 disc laser is busted
and I'm too lazy to fix it
or I'd be extremely tempted to dive into this glorious looking experience this weekend. Can't wait for impressions DisneyGaf!

Shancake

Still not clear on toybox sharing. Is it just sharing between people on your friends list? I assume it doesn't have a full-on "browser" like LBP which kind of kills the idea for me.

Disney will curate and upload the good ones. There will be a browser similar to LBP :) It's cross platform as well. I can make a level on my Wii U and submit it to Disney and if they put it on the server then it'll be accessible on your PS3.

So true, im glad my son is only 4 months old because if he was 3+ id be broke in a month. This will be like crack to kids.

My 3 1/2 year old seen the Monsters Inc guys and the Cars ones and is absolutely in love with them. We think we are going to go all out on it for xmas for the house since we are huge Disney fans.

He was already really excited to look at the Skylanders guys so this just made it a no brainer

ryanmac

Banned
I love Disney.. and I love collecting figures and such so this seemed like a must buy.. but I will be boxing up my current gen console in three months so I'm not sure how much play-ability I can get out of it.

I have to say though.. the day 1 toy box download of Disneyland sounds fucking amazing. I've almost bought the Kinect Disneyland game about a thousand times just to be able to walk around Disneyland and relive the memories.

Ahh.. this game. I would be so over this if it wasn't locked behind a business model that will literally eat my wallet alive.

I'm gonna wait until October if I can for when the Toy Story playset releases, and hopefully pick up the Starter Pack cheaper by that point.

50% chance I say fuck it and just buy it this Sunday

Ahh.. this game. I would be so over this if it wasn't locked behind a business model that will literally eat my wallet alive.

I'm gonna wait until October if I can for when the Toy Story playset releases, and hopefully pick up the Starter Pack cheaper by that point.

50% chance I say fuck it and just buy it this Sunday

For what it's worth, the Gamestop Pre-order bonus is a free single figure and a free power disc pack. 15 bucks worth of free stuff ain't bad.

For what it's worth, the Gamestop Pre-order bonus is a free single figure and a free power disc pack. 15 bucks worth of free stuff ain't bad.

Yeah I saw that. Makes things even harder, because if I'm wrong and it doesn't actually get cheaper relatively soon, I missed out on the extra stuff for no reason either. :|

Dammit Disney.

I just hope there aren't any variants. I also wonder if during Xmas they're going to release Mickeys Christmas Carol.

Like a Toys R Us exclusive Crystal Lightning McQueen? KACHOW!
p4zpzSK.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why do dreams cost so much blasted money?

Also, does anyone find it an odd choice to launch such a big endeavor at the end of the console generation?

I knew about the figures, but the random disc thing is new to me. That shit is insidious. I like the characters, and I like the Toy Story game this team made, but fuck this Infinity stuff. It seems like a business plan first and video game second.

Also, does anyone find it an odd choice to launch such a big endeavor at the end of the console generation?

They've spent over 3 years making this. It's been delayed many times.

It's why the play sets include Monsters University and Lone Ranger. They were supposed to have the game AND release those sets WITH the movie AFTER release to promote them.

Grimsen

Huge install base, plus the target audience isn't buying next gen consoles at launch. Parents won't have to spend money on a new console to get this.

Creaking

I knew about the figures, but the random disc thing is new to me. That shit is insidious. I like the characters, and I like the Toy Story game this team made, but fuck this Infinity stuff. It seems like a business plan first and video game second.

I guess something has to pay for The Lone Ranger.

moozoom

A friend of mine got a french pal Ps3 version yesterday (1 month before launch in france ?! ) and we played all afternoon so I'll post some more detailed impressions later.

So far : it´s fun to play, especially toybox with 2 players. The main games themed after the 3 starter pack characters look nice but with some rough textures on some objects. Some NPC have pixellated portraits that are maybe inherited from the wii or 3ds version (or from a choice to compress textures for faster loading.)

Some upcoming playable characters we spotted in the collection room :
Anna an Elza from Frozen
2 characters from Phineas and Ferb
Jack Skellington
Raspûnzel from tangled
Ralph and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph
Mickey the apprentice from Fantasia

These (buyable) characters/figures are all visible once you play the game, and all have a little trailer. When you put a figure on the stand for the first time, a statue appears.

Edit: De-spoilered the names that didn´t need it (info in the op)

Some upcoming playable characters we spotted in the collection room (spoilers) :
Anna an Elza from Frozen
2 characters from Phineas and Ferb
Jack Skellington
Raspûnzel from tangled
Ralph and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph
Mickey the apprentice from Fantasia

These (buyable) characters/figures are all visible once you play the game, and all have a little trailer. When you put a figure on the stand for the first time, a statue appears.

Those characters are in the OP and publicly announced, so no need to spoiler mark it..

spekkeh

Banned
I need to make me some kids so I have an excuse to buy this game and all the crap that goes with it.

Luckily the missus is on board. With the kids, not the Disney crap, but see it as a package deal.

Any info on the WiiU version getting updates and what not? I am torn between PS3 and WiiU, leaning towards WiiU because I enjoy MiiVerse.

What's everyone else thinking? If people go the WiiU route, I may take this opportunity to expand my WiiU friends list with some fellow gaffers...

I'm going WiiU because I have a feeling my 360 and PS3 won't get much play time in the future. Especially after I get my Xbox One. Besides WiiU should handle this game better if they optimized it properly.

Creaking

I need to make me some kids so I have an excuse to buy this game and all the crap that goes with it.

Luckily the missus is on board. With the kids, not the Disney crap, but see it as a package deal.

Maybe go for adoption so you can skip the long boot up time that comes with building from scratch.

I'm going WiiU because I have a feeling my 360 and PS3 won't get much play time in the future. Especially after I get my Xbox One. Besides WiiU should handle this game better if they optimized it properly.

The same team that ported Epic Mickey 2 to the Wii U did this.

Take that as you will.

qindarka

Banned
This game really needs more representation from WDAS films. So far, it's only the characters from recent ones that have been included.

This game really needs more representation from WDAS films. So far, it's only the characters from recent ones that have been included.

I commented on this earlier. As someone else replied, starting off as Pixar Infinity is a good way to get the younger kids to drag their parents to buy the thing first, with older movies and characters coming out after it's more established.

Not a terrible strategy, but I feel there should have still been some characters from the older movies, mixed in with the Pixar. Hopefully we get Aladdin and the gang before too long. (or maybe Saving it for season 2, ala Skylanders Giants.)

FyreWulff

The 360 and PS3 aren't going to vaporize overnight. Many games are still going to be multiplatted onto 360/PS3 for the next two years, minimum.

Pachimari

I want all of the Pixar figures and wouldn't mind Disney classics.

Came to think of it, is Skylanders a licensed product since it became so popular? Or is it an original Activision IP? The franchise even got its own store here in Denmark last year.

gotee12

In case some folks missed it, Target in the US will sell both the Cars and Lone Ranger playsets for $17.50 a piece. The sale begins Sunday (obviously) and I believe it lasts through all of next week.

Whelp, I just pre-ordered about $200 worth of stuff. Good thing I had a $150 Amazon credit to use. This game is going to hurt the wallet!

ChaoticPotion

Neo Member
I'n dying to try this game out, but there is no way I'm shelling out massive amounts for only a few fractions of the game. Maybe I'll pick up the starter pack in a few years and leave it at that.

Shancake

I'n dying to try this game out, but there is no way I'm shelling out massive amounts for only a few fractions of the game. Maybe I'll pick up the starter pack in a few years and leave it at that.

That's not how it works... Every play set has 6-10 hours of content. You're getting 30 hours from the starter pack for just the original story. Then unlimited hours in the toy box and alternative missions.

If the game is anything like Skylanders then prices are likely to go up than down over time.

Top Bottom