• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are they going to do an ass load of variants? I hope not...Wife and I will be heading to TRU on Sunday for the discount disc packs and the white Cars variant, but I don't want this to turn into a Skylanders fiasco. Fuck that.

Also, anyone else do Amazon preorder? I won't have the game Sunday sadly..But saving tax and shipping on $268 worth of stuff is clutch haha.

Spiderduff

Are they going to do an ass load of variants? I hope not...Wife and I will be heading to TRU on Sunday for the discount disc packs and the white Cars variant, but I don't want this to turn into a Skylanders fiasco. Fuck that.

Also, anyone else do Amazon preorder? I won't have the game Sunday sadly..But saving tax and shipping on $268 worth of stuff is clutch haha.

I had a few pre-orders with Amazon and Best Buy. Cancelled them thanks to the Target sale and TRU sale.

Disney meets Skylanders - I can hear the cash registers ringing already. Hat's off to Disney for this smart business decision though, they may as well cash in on all their memorable characters.

Southern Oracle

Neo Member
That's not how it works... Every play set has 6-10 hours of content. You're getting 30 hours from the starter pack for just the original story. Then unlimited hours in the toy box and alternative missions.

If the game is anything like Skylanders then prices are likely to go up than down over time.

The Skylanders starter packs started at this price point and have been cut over time. This man has the right idea.

Amneisac

The Skylanders starter packs started at this price point and have been cut over time. This man has the right idea.

True enough, still for being a launch day, getting:

Starter Pack: $59.99 (- $14.99)
Cars Play Set: $17.50 (- $17.50)
Lone Ranger Play Set: $17.50 (- $17.50)

Are the prices too high to begin with? Oh you bet they are, but it will probably be a while before you get all this for this good of a price after launch.

Spiderduff

Ugh, the power discs are my least favorite part of the whole thing.

Agreed. Its bad enough I have to get the figures, but you are making my grab items that are based on luck on what I get so i have to keep ppurchasing in order to get something "rare". Damn you Disney. You are good.

jbdJMxwavp5EUn.png

Man is there any way to play this... without the toys? Concept of the game looks freaking amazing, but I do not have children or siblings young enough to warrant having lots of (admittedly awesome looking) toys around.

Amneisac

Man is there any way to play this... without the toys? Concept of the game looks freaking amazing, but I do not have children or siblings young enough to warrant having lots of (admittedly awesome looking) toys around.

Just go to the local liquor store and ask them for some empty boxes. Store your Disney toys inside them. Display prominently.

WillyFive

The iPad version doesn't require toys, but you still have to purchase the characters from the in-game store. And they don't work with the console game.

Ramma2

That 20% off coupon is a good deal, better than Amazon's preorder bonus of 1 loose figure of choice and a free power disc pack.

I've been doing freelance art for Disney for the past few months. Needless to say, my buddy that works there is going to kick me down with a copy. My daughter and I are pumped. I already have the Mater figure I got from E3!!

What am I getting myself into? #gonnagobroke

drspeedy

Hmmm.... $59 deal sounds reaaaalllly tempting, since as other have said it'll be a while before it hits that price point again (unless this somehow flops). I just can't believe the cost of the figures and stupid power discs, especially since it seems all the content is already on the game disc... I don't want the toys at all, but I understand that's part of the package (aka: Disney's profit).

Wonder if the Wii version would drop $$ quicker, since it's a) gimped and b) on a dying platform. I'm in the minority, but I could care less about the online levels anyway... if I can play this on Wii for half the initial price, I'm inclined to wait. Would like to see how it really delivers before I plunk down $200.

Speaking of which, anyone play through toy box mode on the Toy Story 3 game, BTW? Thinking I might just pick that up for some time wasting if I end up holding out for a deal later.

DJ_Lae

I wonder if the Cars set will be on sale at Target in Canada too.

So far I'm in for the starter pack and the free discs and free Mater (picked it for my daughter) from Future Shop. There were really only a couple of figurine choices because I didn't want to grab one that was in a pack of its own.

I never played Skylanders, but I am almost 30 and I'm excited for this game. I'm not a huge Disney guy, but I love Pixar and The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie, So I gotta get this.

Ridley327

Would Best Buy price match the sets from target? I have it pre-ordered there and might as well pick up the sets. Ill head to toys r us early to pick up the exclusive stuff and 50% discs.

Yes, they would. You just have to bring their sales flyer in, and they'll price match over at customer service.

It sucks that here the cars playset is £30 :(
I just have the starter pack and Mike ordered so far
Yeah but i bought it anyway. I'm being nice uncle to my sister's little one who is Cars crazy so i bought the base pack, Cars pack and the two figures for him.

He knows nothing of this but my sister is getting more and more excited by the day :)
Any offers on in the UK does anyone know?

Pachimari

Can't decide if I should go PS3 or Wii U. I mean, won't there be more content to download and more players to befriend and play with online on PS3?

Frazley

I have been excited for this since January. Now my Skylanders will be fighting Disney on my TV stand!

This game is my ultimate Disney dream.

Yeah but i bought it anyway. I'm being nice uncle to my sister's little one who is Cars crazy so i bought the base pack, Cars pack and the two figures for him.

He knows nothing of this but my sister is getting more and more excited by the day :)
Any offers on in the UK does anyone know?

The only offer I got was when I originally ordered it at toys r us for £50 with a £10 voucher

I used the £10 voucher then cancelled my ordered when asda did the offer of buy the starter pack and get an extra figure free, I went for Mike

My son is cars mad (watching as we speak) but he's only 2 and a bit so too young for games but I may get the cars set anyway for when he's a bit older (and for me)

Are there separate achievments for each play set?

Lunzio

I'm actually really interested in this for some reason - probably the Disney branding. Still going to hold out for the PC version though.

gotee12

I'm actually really interested in this for some reason - probably the Disney branding. Still going to hold out for the PC version though.
I saw a tweet convo this morning from Johnny V that makes me think the PC version might be more akin to the iPad version than the consoles. I'm on my phone traveling for work so I can't find the specific tweet chain right now. Basically Johnny alluded to their not being a problem with buying a console starter pack if you wanted to play on PC. And it didn't sound like a "by it twice" remark. But who knows...

oti

Banned
Can't decide if I should go PS3 or Wii U. I mean, won't there be more content to download and more players to befriend and play with online on PS3?

Here's the thing: It doesn't matter on which platform the content is being created, you can download the user generated content on any platform. So I upload an absolutely horrible creation to the cloud that I created on my PS3 and you can download the creation on your Wii U and make fun of me.

I think I'm going for the Wii U version. Disney Infinity looks to be a platform in itself, so getting it for the console that will stay the longest in my house (I'll sell the PS3 and Xbox 360 eventually in the near future) sounds like a good idea to me.

Chairhome

The TRU deal doesn't have the free figure, right? You're basically saving the money you would spend on getting an additional figure? I'll have to see which one is the better deal for me. I wasn't planning on getting the additional playsets, but that Target deal is tempting....

Amneisac

The TRU deal doesn't have the free figure, right? You're basically saving the money you would spend on getting an additional figure? I'll have to see which one is the better deal for me. I wasn't planning on getting the additional playsets, but that Target deal is tempting....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18598196

FREE DISNEY INFINITY Figure and Power Pack with purchase of DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack
Must add the free items of choice to cart. Choose ONE DISNEY INFINITY Figure AND ONE Power Pack.
HOW IT WORKS
· Maximum 1 discount per order

· While quantities last

I'm assuming that will also apply in stores?

Chairhome

Top Bottom