• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

JFunky

I just tried online, the coupon "works" and says its applied, but there is no discount to the price when you use it.
Oh well if it starts working I will be tempted to cancel my amazon preorder, even though I paid for it with credit. Probably just keep that and hit up tru and target for the various sales on the playsets and power packs.

Amneisac

I just tried online, the coupon "works" and says its applied, but there is no discount to the price when you use it.

For me, what was happening is the shipping promotion was being removed and it was adding the shipping cost back in. With the code I would have still been able to preorder for $70 even with shipping.

Amneisac

I'm pretty sure the free figure and power pack deal is for preorders only. So I doubt you can stack the 20% off with it since the coupon says it's valid starting on the 18th.

Yeah, I could see where that would mess it up. I wonder what happens if you pre-order in store now and then go in Sunday with the coupon. Or if you pre-ordered somewhere else (like best buy) and then went back with the TRU flier.

Effect

Disney needs to let the team leverage that Star Wars and Marvel property and get the teens and adults into this asap.

Nice OT.

I plan on getting this game if it ever goes less Pixar Infinity and more Disney Infinity.

Talking Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc. Wonder if it'll ever even happen =/

This. If I knew these type of playsets were coming this would be a definite purchase for me. I wonder if the deal Disney has with EA regarding Star Wars games stops them from putting them on Disney Infinity. It would be really stupid if it did. Just imagine how many toys they'll sell and units just by allowing people to recreate Star Wars locations and run around in them. Same with Marvel characters and locations. This having a more Disney theme would be better as well.

I do want to get this but I need to know how the Wii U version ends up and what the future plans are going to be.

Chairhome

There are TRU exclusive Power discs and TRON modifiers are part of them? Damn. Looks like I'm going to TRU to use the 20% coupon (see if I can preorder today so I can also get the figure and discs deal, hopefully they can stack. Pre-order doesn't require full deposit so hopefully you can add the coupon when paying in full), buying a bunch of Power Discs (B1G1 for $1 at TRU), Buying some figures, maybe a 3 pack (coupon again for separate transaction), going to target to get a playset.

This is the start of an expensive habit.

The wife and I played both Skylanders games, an have purchased tons of figures. Not being able to play whichever Disney figures you own in whatever adventure you want totally kills this for us. User generated stuff has zero appeal.

That is a let down but it is part of the design.

You know Skylanders have all the stuff on the disc itself, and the figures just unlock the characters. They have all planned from the start.

With Infinity the devs would have to worry about different characters in playsets they do not belong, not only at the design of the base game, but later when new playsets are introduced. I imagined that the six initial playsets are just like Skylanders, already on disc, but later more can be introduced as updates. So a new playset character would impact older playsets if the characters are allowed to cross the limits of the playsets. Huge tasks, huge DLCs.

The use of any character in any playset could be great but also could limit what you do in that particular playset. For that the sandbox portion exists. The sandbox can be updated everytime a new playset is released.

I also have zero interest into building stuff (do not have time for time) but I am sure there will be great creations, not only from the players, but also from the devs, to cover the lack of multi-characters playsets.

Dragoshi1

FYI, there are Lightsabers in the game, the only one I've seen is the green lightsaber, but they are specifically referred to as "Lightsabers" in-game.

Bog

Junior Ace
There are TRU exclusive Power discs and TRON modifiers are part of them? Damn. Looks like I'm going to TRU to use the 20% coupon (see if I can preorder today so I can also get the figure and discs deal, hopefully they can stack. Pre-order doesn't require full deposit so hopefully you can add the coupon when paying in full), buying a bunch of Power Discs (B1G1 for $1 at TRU), Buying some figures, maybe a 3 pack (coupon again for separate transaction), going to target to get a playset.

This is the start of an expensive habit.

Good luck getting them to accept the 20% on a video game.

Archon473

I had no idea they were leveraging the Skylander's model with this game. I like the idea of the actual videogame, but looks like I should wait until an all-inclusive digital version gets released.

Argh, my brother is in NY and I asked him to go to the Toys'r'us on Time Square on Sunday to get all the stuff I want (basically everything). Thing is: he is busy on Sunday, can only go late in the evening. Is there a risk that the store will sold out the packs by that time due to their promotion? Is there any way to reserve itens for store pick-up? Their website does not allow the store pick-up option if the iten is a pre-order....

Gorki247

In addition to the recreation of Disneyland; some more Day 1 free stages have been confirmed:

- A race mash-up of Tron‘s Grid and Wreck-it Ralph‘s Sugar Rush
- A medieval arena complete with horse and elephant jousting
- Alice’s Wonderland maze with obstacles and enemies
- A floating castle high above the clouds

Source: blisteredthumbs.net

Amneisac

I had no idea they were leveraging the Skylander's model with this game. I like the idea of the actual videogame, but looks like I should wait until an all-inclusive digital version gets released.

Yeah, that's never going to happen because that's completely against the whole point of the Skylander's model. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on Skylanders (or this I'm assuming) you just figure out which types of characters you have to have and only buy those. From Skylanders that would be one of each element. It's really not a huge investment if you can control yourself.

Of course no one can...

Well aside from all that, the stuff on the base "live" in a way, you change characters by replacing them on the NFC base, you can't just scan it and have the character stay in the game. Same with the discs, when you put a sky dome disc on the base it instantly changes the sky to the corresponding disc and that is removed when the disc is removed.

ElNino

My pre-order was delivered this afternoon, now to decide whether I wait until Saturday to play with my son (I really should... ).

Amneisac

So I just had a thought...

Do you have to have two figures to play co-op? I guess you do, huh? Damn, that's going to considerably drive up my initial investment cost...

Gorki247

So I just had a thought...

Do you have to have two figures to play co-op? I guess you do, huh? Damn, that's going to considerably drive up my initial investment cost...

Get the Sidekicks or Villains pack. They have a figure for each of the three base playsets and it's cheaper than getting them separate.

Yuripaw

Banned
So for those of you who preordered with Best Buy or Gamestop, what figure did you pick for free? I preordered the Wii U version with Best Buy, and picked Violet as my free character, because I liked the abilities they gave to her from what I saw. Hoping to at least get the Lone Ranger playset at Target for their half off deal.

Looking forward to getting a Wreck it Ralph playset if they have one. I saw they had the characters available, so I assume that means a playset is coming too, right?

Rootbeer

Banned
I wonder what the chances of a kingdom hearts set are for this game... it needs to come full circle :3

Sora + Riku + Twilight Town stage 3-pack
Donald + Goofy + Kairi chacter 3-pack

Plllleeeaaase

Spiderduff

So for those of you who preordered with Best Buy or Gamestop, what figure did you pick for free? I preordered the Wii U version with Best Buy, and picked Violet as my free character, because I liked the abilities they gave to her from what I saw. Hoping to at least get the Lone Ranger playset at Target for their half off deal.

Looking forward to getting a Wreck it Ralph playset if they have one. I saw they had the characters available, so I assume that means a playset is coming too, right?

I too got it at Best Buy with Violet. Originally I got Mike, but I ended up getting him for free at D23 along with Mader and Francesco. I will be getting all the figures because i have a problem :| I'm sure I'll post my haul in the OT when time comes.

Rootbeer

Banned
I too got it at Best Buy with Violet. Originally I got Mike, but I ended up getting him for free at D23 along with Mader and Francesco. I will be getting all the figures because i have a problem :| I'm sure I'll post my haul in the OT when time comes.

lol. looking forward to the pics.

Sigh. Yeah I want to pre-order... probably going Wii U + free dash figure @ gamestop... gonna drop by there tomorrow and try to seal the deal.

Yuripaw

Banned

I'll be looking forward to pics too. If I had the money, I'd probably wanna buy all of them too, but as it is, I'm gonna be pretty short, because I was recently laid off :( I already had this game paid off with gift cards from my bday though, so at least I still have it to look forward to.

I think Ralph isn't being released as a full playset just a character and stuff for toybox

Wonder if they will bring planes to this

Yuripaw

Banned
I think Ralph isn't being released as a full playset just a character and stuff for toybox

Wonder if they will bring planes to this

Darn! I'd love a Fix it Felix Jr, or Sugar Rush playset area. Looking forward to the characters at least. Ralph is cool, and Vanellope is so cute, heh.

Darn! I'd love a Fix it Felix Jr, or Sugar Rush playset area. Looking forward to the characters at least. Ralph is cool, and Vanellope is so cute, heh.

The textures are all there for sure and there will be toybox games created with them I just don't think they will get a campaign or such

On the Facebook page they confirmed Infinity 2 was next gen so this is only getting release for current gen? I didn't know about figures being limited to playsets. Is it only in the toybox you can mix and match?

One thing about Skylanders, they all work everywhere. I would hate to have the kids but a figure with limited use.

Yuripaw

Banned
On the Facebook page they confirmed Infinity 2 was next gen so this is only getting release for current gen? I didn't know about figures being limited to playsets. Is it only in the toybox you can mix and match?

One thing about Skylanders, they all work everywhere. I would hate to have the kids but a figure with limited use.

This is one thing I have been concerned about with this game for sure...it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole concept I think, and it's silly that they just didnt design the game to have characters mix and match in every playset. Bad design decision for sure, and they try to justify it with the toybox, which is fine...but when compared to a game like Skylanders, that does not offer enough substance for characters you buy that don't have their own playset.

Redshirt

Banned
I pre-ordered the Wii U starter kit from Amazon and chose Mater as my free gift along with the power disc pack.

I will buy the Cars and Long Ranger play sets from Target on Sunday.

That'll probably be it for now.

I didn't realize there would be TRU exclusive power discs. I wonder if I'd be better off collecting the discs via eBay.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I didn't realize there would be TRU exclusive power discs. I wonder if I'd be better off collecting the discs via eBay.

I hope they aren't going to be TRU exclussive forever. If so, that means I have to go to TRU and deal with potential crowds. Although I'm already considering it to get discounted playsets and multiple disc packs already. :|

Also, I am still a fan of trading discs we need and get doubles of here on GAF. I'm going to want one of each (of course), and will likely get stuck with doubles or triples in the process.

I hope they aren't going to be TRU exclussive forever. If so, that means I have to go to TRU and deal with potential crowds. Although I'm already considering it to get discounted playsets and multiple disc packs already. :|

Also, I am still a fan of trading discs we need and get doubles of here on GAF. I'm going to want one of each (of course), and will likely get stuck with doubles or triples in the process.

About a week after release, someone needs to create an official power disc trade thread.

Top Bottom