• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Pachimari

Is there a playset for one of the princesses? I'm looking into making this game the first game I play with my niece and she loves the princesses.

Birathen

I bought this for my kids as Xmas gift for the WiiU. Ordered it from Amazon UK. Is there anyway to change the audio language to Swedish or am I stuck with english? If Im stuck with english, would it be enough to get a new, swedish bought disc or do I need the entire starter package with new figures and all?

Effect

Got my copy today as a gift. So far I'm liking it even though there are frame rate and speed issues when switching between the various modes in the Toybox. I have the Wii U version. Only messed around a little with Jack Sparrow so far and unlocked a few items in the vault.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you could actually enter Cinderella's castle. At least some areas. Same with the one fort I unlocked. I had been thinking that you just had the outside areas to run around on. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to decorate the inside of these areas and if there are other buildings that have more inside locations. Hoping the palace from Aladdin is in the game.

ToyBox was the main reason why I wanted the game. The combat and driving are simple enough in positive way. I didn't want them getting in the way and I don't think they will. I'm looking forward to seeing just what I can do with the creating worlds though.

My young cousin (7 or 8) got the Wii U version as well. So far his mother/my aunt said he's enjoying it. Haven't spoken with him yet myself. Both DI and Skylanders were on sale a few weeks ago (both for the price of one). So curious as to which one he's enjoying more. He loved playing with legos and knexs so I figure he would enjoyed DI more but you never known.

My girlfriend got me the starter pack, Toy Story playset, and Frozen figures for Christmas. Last night I put in Mr Incredible (but no the playset) at 11:30pm and when I looked at the clock again it was almost 5:30am, just from tooling around in Toy Box mode building race tracks everywhere and doing some of the (frustratingly difficult?) adventure missions. When I saw the Vault the first time and it said there were ~1,000 toys to get the completionist in me just about shit. Then today I decided to finally put in the Incredibles playset and I lost another 4.5 hours running around doing missions.

This game is REALLY fun and I can tell I've just barely scratched the surface of what there is to offer. One thing that's weird though is that there are boxes all over the Toy Box and playsets that are essentially in-game commercials to buy more figures. It seems so ...weird. I've never had a game try to sell me more of itself in such an obvious and intrusive way before. I also found a vault in the Incredibles playset that has a face for each of the 4 other figures on it, meaning it will cost me about $50 to open that door. Jesus Christ.

That's when I discovered the rabbit hole and just how deep it went.

I was initially thinking I'd buy Wreck-It Ralph, Rapunzel, Sorcerer Mickey, maybe Vanellope and Dash, and then the Lone Ranger playset and be done until Infinity 2 comes out.

But there are toys in the vault that you can ONLY unlock through the playsets? Argh, that means I have to get the Cars pack. Eh, not THAT big of a deal...

Until I discovered the Hall of Heroes. And that there's a pedestal for ALL 29 toys, INCLUDING the crystal variants, AND floor tiles where the Power Discs go? And that you get something called the Ultimate Pack unlocked once you have all 29 statues registered? FUCK ME.

THEN I discovered that if you go to Disneyland and get one of those ePass bracelet things, it unlocks even MORE hidden features!?

JESUS CHRIST.

The completionist in me is at war with my common sense. I don't want to buy all 29 fucking toys and variants, I didn't even care about the Power Discs (until I realized that's the only way to unlock new mounts, god dammit), but depending on what that Ultimate Pack turns out to be... ughh. I guess I'll wait to see what it is before I go all-in and create a new shelving unit for Infinity figures and Power Disc booklets.

I was talking with another friend that got it for Christmas about it and imagining how insane Infinity 2 is going to be. Figures exclusive to the parks or Disney Stores? Future Disney movies coming with codes or Power Discs? Even more variants? What the hell purpose do the crystal figures even serve in the game other than a way to make people re-buy the figures they already own?

Well played, Disney, you magnificent bastards...

RobbieNick

I'm seriously pissed right now. Disney is NOT randomizing these packs at all.

I went to TRU yesterday and picked up two series 2 packs. Learning my lessons from series 1, I put them on the portal first upopened to see what they are. Both were Maximus the horse and Flamingo billy club. BOTH. I already had these two so, I went back today to return the unopened packs for two more series two. One was out of a new box. It contained Stitch on surfboard and the pizza planet truck. The other?....MAXIMUS AND FLAMINGO BILLY CLUB!! 3 of the exact same packs out of one box what a ripoff!! Why are they not randomizing them more?

I'm weak. I bought the Cars & Lone Ranger sets at TRU with their Buy One, Get One 40% Off deal, then went over to GameStop and got Woody and Jack Skellington with their 2 For $20 deal. There goes my Christmas money. ;_;

Also, what's this about the Power Discs and seeing what they are before you open them? Do you do that at the store with the demo unit, or are you taking them home, testing them, and then returning them? Are you... allowed to exchange them? At my TRU they keep the Power Discs right at the register to prevent people from stealing them I guess, they let you just swap them out if you find one you already have?

Haven't played it much at all since buying it but my baby brother got it for Christmas so I played it with him some.
Had alot of fun but man there are so many characters that needed to be in this,
thankfully my 2 favorites are in (Woody & Captain Jack) though but still I would by classic characters like Tinkerbell that I don't even care about just to have them.

RobbieNick

Also, what's this about the Power Discs and seeing what they are before you open them? Do you do that at the store with the demo unit, or are you taking them home, testing them, and then returning them? Are you... allowed to exchange them? At my TRU they keep the Power Discs right at the register to prevent people from stealing them I guess, they let you just swap them out if you find one you already have?

I buy some, take them home, leave them sealed and place them on the portal while in toy box mode to find out what's in them. The game doesn't save your power disc data so it's not like your stealing if you return the ones you already have.

BTW, I was honest with TRU on what I was doing and why I was returning those two. More than I can say for Disney who puts the same two discs in multiple packs in the same box.

They do that with the rares as well, so here's a tip. When looking for a rare, you scratch at the package to feel for the 3-D lenticular disc (Basically, look for a disc that feels scratchy and not smooth). This is an old tip, BUT once you find one don't go looking for another in the same store. All you will find is the exact same two discs in that pack. They put 2-3 rares per box but they're always the same rares.

Here's an extra tip for those of you who got characters that don't have their own playsets. (AKA Jack Skellington, Wreck-It Ralph, Rapunzel and so-on) and want their unlockables.

1.) Create a new toy box just big enough for the small vault to show up randomly. (I made a decent mountain to climb that is fun and was pretty quick to build.)

2.) Go into spark mode and look around for the tiny vault. (Make sure you have off TV mode on if on Wii-U so spark mode will be faster).

3.) If it shows your characters face (or one you have), change into that character and unlock your prize!

4.) If you don't have that character, watch his video for a brief second and back out. The vault will disappear quickly after and reappear somewhere else.

Thanks for the tips!! This Power Disc business sounds like a bunch of bullshit that I don't want to deal with but it's the only way I can get cool treats like Stitch's surfboard, right? Ugh. I feel like it's be better and less money to just buy the complete sets from Target. But those don't have the Rare/TRU-exclusives in them, do they?

The figures... the figures I can deal with but the Power Discs, I dunno. They're way overpriced IMO, should be more like $3 a bag instead of $5-6. >:T

Edit: wait if a wave has 20 Power Discs and the complete set from Target is $60 that's like $3 a fucking disc. That is outrageous. But to do it any other way opens you up to doubles, right? Jesus Christ what a racket.

Just a head's up, and I don't know if it needs its own thread or what the deal is with that, but from January 5th until the 11th Best Buy is doing a Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal on all Disney Infinity figures and playsets. It even stacks with their Game Club whateverthing for an additional 20% off, if you have that.

Just a reminder to people interested that Rapunzel and Vanellope will no-longer be store-exclusives as of 1/9 so if you haven't picked them up yet you should think about doing so during the sale. Sorcerer Mickey comes out 1/9 as well but he might be a store exclusive at TRU first? Nobody seems sure yet.

oneils

There's only six "worlds", and three of them come in the starter pack. Cars, The Lone Ranger, and Toy Story in Space are only available in their respective packs.

Disney thought it would be a grand idea to only allow characters from that world to play in there--no Cars in Monsters University, no Woody in The Lone Ranger, etc.

Mickey is one of the "Toy Box Only" characters. You can only play with them in the Toy Box, and the only "world" they have is a weak Adventure level like "collect x number of y for stars".

Each Toy Box Only character can unlock 2-6 toys in Character Chests that randomly spawn in prebuilt Toy Box worlds.
I highly recommend choosing the flat empty default Toy Box, adding some Large Terrain to the sides, and wait for the chests to spawn.
You can see a full list of Character Chest unlockables here.

The only benefit to characters like Jack Skellington, Ralph, Rapunzel, etc. is that they are fun to play around with...for a while. And the toys themselves look nice.
But outside of the Toy Box, they're literally worthless. No upgrades, no skills, nothing.

Basically we're all hoping that Disney Infinity 2 is more like Skylanders and allows switching between worlds.
Personally I'd love an overarching story where all the Disney villains gather together and overtake character worlds. Then you could have a squadron of Disney characters to summon at will.

Was surprised to see that characters can't be used in certain play sets. Disappointing. Was tempted to pick this up. I had held off on sky landers waiting to see if this was better, guess not.

Slacker

How are the characters from Frozen it? Still getting enjoyment out of them with no playset?

Depends on your playstyle I'd guess. I personally am more interested in the playsets (story mode?) part of the game so I snagged Davy Jones and Violet at the Gamestop 2 for $20 deal so we could do those together. I had a great time playing the Pirates game with my youngest. I'll snag another monster at some point so we can do the Monsters University missions with 2 players.

My kids, however (aged 5 and 8) have probably played 80% toybox, 20% playset, so they get lots of use out of the toybox only characters, and Elsa is my daughter's favorite, so it's been a worthwhile purchase for her.

Speaking of the playsets, sounds like the consensus is Toy Story and Lone Ranger are good, Cars, is OK? My kids can't wrap their brains around the controls for the vehicles anyway so we'll probably skip that one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I believe Target sells it for about $60.

Just checked online, and they do sell it online and in stores but it's currently sold out online so YMMV for stores.

Just checked any store near anyone I know that could hook me up.

No dice.

So do I have to hunt them all down again? :( Boooo

operon

Bought this yesterday for my 5 year old son, will be six in march for the 360. Also bought mike so we could play two player story mode with Sully. We had great one I can see this being expensive he loves cars and toy story so they will be next.

gatisimo

Anyone here try the PC version? Looks like you get all your characters if you log in with your account, but you can't use the base or thus, the figures, power ups, etc. It's free to download, and it appears to be the retail game, not the toybox-only thing from before.

Anyone here try the PC version? Looks like you get all your characters if you log in with your account, but you can't use the base or thus, the figures, power ups, etc. It's free to download, and it appears to be the retail game, not the toybox-only thing from before.

At least the Live-enabled Windows 8.1 version is toy box only.

You need to log into your Disney account, thus you have access to everything you have unlocked in the console game. Not sure about the discs, I think any disc that you have used in the console game should be available to you in this version as well, but I could not find them in my brief play.

I'd like a full release PC game. The Xbox version's base should be compatible with Windows, so let's make this happen, Disney. Just let me download the client.

Hey I don't own the Disney infinity starter pack or have any plans to own it in the near future but I am interested in buying the frozen Play set can you guys give me feedback regarding the quality of those figures.

Hey I don't own the Disney infinity starter pack or have any plans to own it in the near future but I am interested in buying the frozen Play set can you guys give me feedback regarding the quality of those figures.

They're ace but you have to be careful. I have friends who collect just the figures and don't even own the game, some of them are reeeeeally nice. But, again, be careful. Sometimes the paint jobs are kind of wonky (Dash's freckles, Vanellope's eyes, etc). I've been 'that guy' and looked at like 5-6 different figures before making my purchase before. :p

They're ace but you have to be careful. I have friends who collect just the figures and don't even own the game, some of them are reeeeeally nice. But, again, be careful. Sometimes the paint jobs are kind of wonky (Dash's freckles, Vanellope's eyes, etc). I've been 'that guy' and looked at like 5-6 different figures before making my purchase before. :p

Oh thanks was going to order them online but now i think ill pay a bit extra and buy them in store to see exactly what i'm getting.

eggwolio

Heads up for anyone who hasn't gotten the cars set yet, GameStop has it for $14.99 this week. It may ring up for $19.99, but grab one of their ads from the pedestal in the store and the manager should bring it down to the advertised price.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my Sorcerer Mickey!

Next step is getting a full set of Series 2 Power Discs. If anyone has extras they'd be willing to let go of, let me know.

RobbieNick

Trying to open all of Mickey's unlockables and I keep having to cycle over Phineus, Agent P, Rapunzel and the Frozen Princesses over and over. I paid my $13, gimmie Mickey's stuff already!

Robin64

Is it wrong that I don't even have the game but I picked these up?

m8D24Hk.jpg

RobbieNick

FINALLY finished my Race through Disney level which lets you race through seven different Disney environments. Maxed out my toy bar too. Does uploading send it to Disney for possible sharing? Cuz I want people to see this bad boy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
FINALLY finished my Race through Disney level which lets you race through seven different Disney environments. Maxed out my toy bar too. Does uploading send it to Disney for possible sharing? Cuz I want people to see this bad boy.

I thought there was a way to share the levels with friends even if they don't go through Disney?

Also, does anyone have opinions on Wii U vs PS3? I have the Wii U version, but the framerate dips pretty hard when anything busy is happening on screen. I'm considering just investing in the PS3 version so I don't have to deal with that AND have a bit more flexibility in the Toy Box.

So apparently Disney announced that both Marvel and Star Wars properties will be joining Disney Infinity in the future. The article was worded kinda poorly and I couldn't tell if they meant added to the main game or getting their own versions of Infinity (aka Marvel Infinity, Star Wars Infinity, Disney Infinity... Jesus fuck I hope they don't do that but at the same time, it'd save me from having to buy any Star Wars shit.)

New thread for new news or does anyone care anymore?

I feel like they really fucked up the release of the Playsets to keep people playing until the next game because since Toy Story last year there is no new content other than a handful of characters that can only be used in Toy Box mode. Whoops.

So apparently Disney announced that both Marvel and Star Wars properties will be joining Disney Infinity in the future. The article was worded kinda poorly and I couldn't tell if they meant added to the main game or getting their own versions of Infinity (aka Marvel Infinity, Star Wars Infinity, Disney Infinity... Jesus fuck I hope they don't do that but at the same time, it'd save me from having to buy any Star Wars shit.)

New thread for new news or does anyone care anymore?

I feel like they really fucked up the release of the Playsets to keep people playing until the next game because since Toy Story last year there is no new content other than a handful of characters that can only be used in Toy Box mode. Whoops.

link to the announcement? I cannot find anything online.

Marvel and Star Wars properties on Infinity make me kind of splitted: on one side I would like them to be separated games (I do not think Marvel, SW and Disney mixes that well) and on another side I do not want to invest that kind of money on another game (Skylanders and DI make my wallet cry already).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
link to the announcement? I cannot find anything online.

Marvel and Star Wars properties on Infinity make me kind of splitted: on one side I would like them to be separated games (I do not think Marvel, SW and Disney mixes that well) and on another side I do not want to invest that kind of money on another game (Skylanders and DI make my wallet cry already).

Here's two I found:
Also, I'm almost done with my S2 power disc collection. I'll admit that I enjoy the game and the Toy Box more than most, but I think they need to expand the capabilities of it more (more space, more triggers, more goals, more ways to reward the player, etc). They also NEED to release more play sets. Like, REALLY need to do that with DI2.

XShagrath

I haven't played the game in quite some time, but am still collecting the toys/power discs/etc. Since all the toys will be forward-compatible, I'm hoping that the second game is more in-depth, and also on next-gen consoles (PC is too much to ask for).

I'm still missing the latest batch of figures, as well as the Frozen characters and the Toy Story set. Just waiting for a good price on these before I get all caught up. Also need the Merlin power disc, which Toys R Us still has not released.

MAtgS

If DI2 is coming out in 2014, then I rather they wait until DI3 for Marvel & Star Wars. For 1 they'll profit more from Avengers 2 & Ep7 & 2 I really think DI2 should put the focus on the classic 2D animated films.

Vyer

We got this for my son and he and I have been playing it off and on since Christmas.

The Cars playset triple combo mission makes me want to snap the fucking Wii U controller in half. So annoying.

Rootbeer

Banned
amazon has sorcerer mickey for $9.99 today, dunno how long it's been that price but I just snagged one! I still need the frozen and wreck it ralph figures, i'm sure i can spot those on sale eventually, then i'm done until DI2. Hopefully a PS4 version this time.

RobbieNick

Here's two I found:
Also, I'm almost done with my S2 power disc collection. I'll admit that I enjoy the game and the Toy Box more than most, but I think they need to expand the capabilities of it more (more space, more triggers, more goals, more ways to reward the player, etc). They also NEED to release more play sets. Like, REALLY need to do that with DI2.

What power discs do you need? I still need NBC and Frozen Sky. I got everything else I want.

Tak3n

Banned
not sure if anyone still plays this, but the PC version is so much nicer than the console version, apart from not being MP obviously

Just runs more smoothly

not sure if anyone still plays this, but the PC version is so much nicer than the console version, apart from not being MP obviously

Just runs more smoothly

Gave the PC version a try real quick after seeing this and it really does run better. I may goof around with the game again for awhile instead of just buying all the figures. Any idea if the physical power discs work for this version? I saw you can buy them digitally but considering I already have most of them I'm not going to repurchase.

Tak3n

Banned
Gave the PC version a try real quick after seeing this and it really does run better. I may goof around with the game again for awhile instead of just buying all the figures. Any idea if the physical power discs work for this version? I saw you can buy them digitally but considering I already have most of them I'm not going to repurchase.

A lot of 'moderated' hate on the Disney forum about this as the power discs don't come with a 'web code' so there is no way of them knowing if you own it or not...

They seem to of done a good job on the PC version, they just need to lower their prices on the story levels a bit... character prices are ok. and add a MP function..

in the UK it is £10 for the toy story in space set, but I can buy the physical set for £15 use the web code and sell the set for £10, so it only cost me £5

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have such a stupid collection of this game...Probably going to sell it off, though. Game is fun, but there are a few too many limitations in the Toy Box that I just don't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.

Redshirt

Banned
Are the power discs included with the toy box sets also in the main disc series or available elsewhere?

I'm specifically wondering about Wreck-It Ralph. My sister purchased her daughter Ralph and Vanellope individually but wants those discs.

Top Bottom