• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Zatoth

And now, as the day is still young, to my special friend Zatoth who continues to act Scummy in every way and form:

Following Darryl with throwing shade on our Lovers.

Busing hard on Darryl (especially considering he didn't vote for him). Plus a weird joke (I hope it's a joke because it would be one of the most anti-town thing I can think of)

I did not vote for Darryl because I was not around when he claimed to be cop.

You call for a longer dayphase, but do not provide a single discussion topic. Maybe so Darryl can pull a Crab on us?

I still think that fast forwarding as an anti-town move. I don't know what pulling a crab is.
And yes I am really not contributing much to this game. I am well aware of that. Reasons for that are not game related. So I will not bring them up. Can't blame anyone for seeing that as scummy.

Says the guy with a final vote on AB on D2.

See above.

Zatoth

Some of my thoughts on players.

Freakinchair's claim could very well be a Mafia role hidden behind a Town character.

Ayumi & Barrylocke. Replacements are always dangerous. People may assume that they replaced ordinary Townies because why would someone leave a game if they received a "cool" role?

gryvan and StackpoleH. Both not showing much activity. Same for me of course.

weemadarthur is also someone I am wary of. Feels like he has a lot of control on this game. Not necessary bad. I think he was also the first one to bring up the Godfather role. (that also may have been Darryl)

This so much feels like D1 without Darryl driving some discussion :(

I honestly have no clue how people come to the conclusion that weemad is Scum. They either are the second best Scum player (after crab) I've ever seen considering it's their first game or they are Town.

I'm also unsure about Trigger. He could be Scum, he could be Town. His prod votes go away a bit too easy, but I didn't get a particular scummy gut feeling.

In general this whole game is stacked with Null reads, it's almost terrifying. The only people I'm fairly certain are Town at this point are AbsolutBro, Mazre and weemad. To a leeser extent you could add Seath, Terrabyte and Septimus, but those are more on the basis that the whole scenario otherwise would be an extremely risky gambit and less on actual in game behavior.

The only quite sure Scum read I have left is
vote: Zatoth

I still think that fast forwarding as an anti-town move. I don't know what pulling a crab is.
And yes I am really not contributing much to this game. I am well aware of that. Reasons for that are not game related. So I will not bring them up. Can't blame anyone for seeing that as scummy.
Scum Crab was caught red handed in Harry Potter. Had they just turbo'd him immediately, they'd have caught Scum. But because they waited, Crab somehow was able to convince them he was Town. I have to this day no clue how this even was possible, but he did it. Darryl also is a rather convincing player so he could've seen the possibility of talking himself out of his situation.

And I totally understand you're not posting often. You even might have more posts then I have (I haven't checked). But other than you, I comment on ongoing discussions, give my opinions to so far unchallenged points that someone made or try to be useful in general. There are several other players that seem in a similar way so not-engaged as you, but with you I got a really bad gut feeling in addition and several posts of helping Darryl. None of this is damning on itself, given the AB-Darryl thunderdome, but it all sums up.

Trigger

RE: Weemadarthur

I think that there's always a possibility that scum could be hiding in the group of high activity posters. I don't think scum would be so obvious on in handling Darryl's flip. It wasn't any one post that made me suspicious of him. Just trying to think of how scum would be playing right now.

Okay we're kinda stalling right now so I guess this would be as good a time as ever to come out with it.

I received a message last night. It said: Just pull the Trigger.

That's amusing. I got a message night 2 saying 'Don't pull the Trigger'

I'm not sure if these are bad puns or something else.

RE: Weemadarthur

I think that there's always a possibility that scum could be hiding in the group of high activity posters. I don't think scum would be so obvious on in handling Darryl's flip. It wasn't any one post that made me suspicious of him. Just trying to think of how scum would be playing right now.

I'm not sure if these are bad puns or something else.

Scum WAS hiding in the high activity posters. Scum was Darryl. Have we forgotten already? I believe I voted for Darryl every single day until the town finally let me lynch him.

If you're going to try and get me day killed for tunneling on a scum when I'm RIGHT, then you're not playing for town.

Anyhoo, if you want to be convinced I'm scum, at least make an argument. You've failed to argue about my avatar, my singing, my bread crumbs, etc. Do you have an argument that I didn't provide for you?

I honestly have no clue how people come to the conclusion that weemad is Scum. They either are the second best Scum player (after crab) I've ever seen considering it's their first game or they are Town.

If I was scum, we wouldn't have zero kills. And you'd be dead.

As Town I think I'm doing okay. I successfully drew mafia attention, survived being attacked by them in retaliation, and found a scum nobody else was looking for.

It seems that Ursula wasn't able to get her ninja kill off before death. The only way that could have happened would be if Terrabyte and septimus were taking a dive to protect her, which makes no sense because they claimed day 1, before the first mafia kill failure. So good for us, and particularly, well done Mazre for catching CM.

I'm going to go back and collect posts by anyone who contributed to asking for role information. I do believe that was a scum play. It's possible some townies got in on it, curiosity is a Hell of a drug. But mafia is likely rather demoralized, which could have them sticking their necks out a bit.

I'd go along with a lynch of:
Zatoth
Lone P
Exodus
Trigger
Gryvan
It wouldn't bother me if any of these players died today/tonight. I think I already explained why for each of them, but if I missed writing down the thoughts in my head, let me know.

And I am keeping a close watch on
Fireblend
Seath
Ultron
Because they could be playing a more subtle game. If my 5ish active suspects aren't all the scum team, I'd want to look here for a hider. Or in Seath's case, a shooting star.

Trigger

Scum WAS hiding in the high activity posters. Scum was Darryl. Have we forgotten already? I believe I voted for Darryl every single day until the town finally let me lynch him.

If you're going to try and get me day killed for tunneling on a scum when I'm RIGHT, then you're not playing for town.

Anyhoo, if you want to be convinced I'm scum, at least make an argument. You've failed to argue about my avatar, my singing, my bread crumbs, etc. Do you have an argument that I didn't provide for you?

You're overreacting. A question was asked as to who I would suspect after Darryl was eliminated. I haven't tunneled in on you or placed a vote yet, lol.

Kevyt

We should pay attention as to how apologetic, or rather how defensive Trigger is playing in this game.

It's reminiscent of Darryl to be frank.

Since Darryl used 3 claims and only one was countered, it's possible he used two Mafia fake claims. I wouldn't be opposed to a mass claim to flush out scum.

You're overreacting. A question was asked as to who I would suspect after Darryl was eliminated. I haven't tunneled in on you or placed a vote yet, lol.

I'm not reacting to your suspicions. You can be suspicious of me, and vote for me.

I'm reacting to your lack of explanation. There are logical reasons to suspect I might be scum. I know, because I put them there deliberately. The fact that you can't even find those and use them for the basis of an argument is either because you're barely playing, or because you're scum yourself.

So given your vote history and low contribution level, why should anyone think you're aligned with Town? Can you point to anything?

Enker

It's a silly plan that won't help find scum.

I concur. Even in Harry Potter some of the Townie roles were very minor characters, and in the aftermath of Season 4 it was made very clear that Scum would receive unused roles to claim.

Claiming names would only mean we know what princess names are being used by everyone, that’s it.

On Day 1, not much discussion of claims.

Woooo day 1 woooo.

Despite what other games may suggest can we try to get through the day with a minimal number of role claims? Pretty princess please?
Ultron is against claiming.
i'm the cop
Darryl legit was a cop. Just a scum cop. I'm sure he was laughing his butt off when he posted this.
Morning! How do you do, fellow scu... princesses.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Qdp4trljSkY8/giphy.gif[/I
I am the Doctor btw.. So please don't lynch me day 1.

@Unmasked Ferret: Voting against me? You have a problem with Azathoth? Just pray that I don't awake from my slumber.

I am leaning towards lynching on Day 1. Voting patterns should be helping us to find Mafia later in the game.[/QUOTE]
Zatoth also makes a "joke" claim, and a "joke" alignment claim. It would be dumb for multiple scum to do this all fast. Or arrogant.
[quote="Septimus Prime, post: 195645761"]My thought process right now is to just think about various Disney princesses and villains and wonder which are in the game. Also, who is the white haired girl in the pic in the OP?[/QUOTE]
Sept is personally speculating. If this is a scum attempt to get people to claim, it's very subtle.
Ditto for weemadarthur who briefly wanted to speculate on mafia roles until advised otherwise. Sorry for lack of quote. Sometimes I forget about me.

Then Terrabyte and Septimus make their claim.
Vocal people against doing so:
Fireblend
Weemadarthur
Mazre
Flatearthpandas
Exodus
Dusk soldier
L_P, slightly against but not very clearly

Will go collect posts from other days at my convenience.

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been very active this day phase-- busier weekend for me than I expected.

Re the messages, I'm not sure what they're trying to communicat exactly. It can't just be that Trigger is mafia, or I don't think Mazre would have got the "don't pull the Trigger" message. I'm thinking it must be alluding to some power of Trigger's that activates when he dies? Or it's nonsense sent by mafia in an attempt to spread meaningless speculation and discord.

I do note that the messages were sent to some of the most trusted players. Several people, including me, said that Mazre was likely town after he laid out the case against Christina. Mazre got his message N2, right after Christina's death. The sisters are also widely trusted, since they vouch for each other. To me this pattern says that whoever sent the messages wanted them to get out and to be believed by the town. Of course this still doesn't mean that mafia didn't send them.

Anyway, I don't have much to add to the discussion about whom to lynch tonight. I want to see if more develops re the messages before voting

I agree with the suspicion against Zatoth. I thought his initial joke about being the doctor was weird, especially since it didn't really come up again, and he has been pretty noncommittal.

Freakinchair is suspicious too. I couldn't help but notice this early post from Darryl:

As for my reads, the only player I like so far is freakinchair. His posts have this naive tone

Yet Darryl went after Euphemism for similar newbie behavior.

I'm pretty confident of Weemad right now. The only way he is mafia is if all of his interaction with Darryl yesterday was staged. And if that were the case, why wouldn't they just have had him confirm Tiana?

AB even more so. It would have taken extremely detailed planning for a very poor result if his gunning for Darryl was all some mafia strategy.

L_P's suggestion of mass claiming makes me wary of him. I feel like mafia are always trying to get people to claim in this game. And there have been too many claims already.

Day 2 claim commentary. I apologize in advance for this post. It's long.

(if you are that person: Don't claim until it's necessary)
RF against any claims.

Too bad she got iced in the middle of the night, but if there are multiple killing roles, I'm sure there's a doctor around somewhere.
Septimus with more personal speculation. Again could be subtle mafia move. Or just random talking.
Yea, he's done nothing other than the pretending to be someone else and forcing them to name claim part for no reason at all. Real good stuff here.
Scum Darryl implies name claiming is bad.
@Character names: I am not sure how much stock we should put in them. We have already seen that some of them arent exactly among the famous princesses (or even princesses at all in Alice's case). We could try a "name your princess" gambit to look for dupes, but frankly its a terrible plan as Im sure scum either have the names of unused princesses or just have to name any main Disney female character. Could be an interesting hail mary / desperation move though. (We should absolutely not do this).
AB posts the mass claim concept and is against it.
Hindsight aside, I am not a fan of our one-shot vig using his ability on N1, especially with the lack of info we had.
L_P is apparently digging for details on an existing claim....

....and gets some response.....
I doubt you were about to, but just to be sure please don't say anything more on the matter of how many shots you have.
....and Ferret steps in to crush the conversation.

Also can we not do the last minute role claim again? Trust me they don't work out (I once tried to save a townie with 5 minutes left)
Scum CM doesn't want role claims....
Terrabyte20xx and Septimus Prime. Lovers with a x-shot kill? Sounds too good to be true.
.....but does want to know whether vigilante is still a threat to mafia.

I'm not breadcrumbing dear, I just love Ariel. If I was hinting at my princess role it would look/sound a lot different because it's another princess.
Euphemism denies princess name of Ariel.

I'm just going to come out and say it. I think I was the target last night.

I'm Ariel. At night, I go return to the sea and can't be killed. I don't really care if scum knows this at this point.
Exodus now claims Ariel as role name for no apparent reason.
I wonder if anyone else is going to role claim as Ariel - seems obvious that she would be in this game. If nobody does we can only assume that TheExodu5 is telling the truth and that he is in fact Town.
chair implies that any other Ariel better speak up.
I hope a doctor is smarter than that.

Claiming BP is pretty safe. Scum will avoid you, cop won't check you, and vig won't shoot you. Considering how it came out of nowhere I'm inclined to believe it.

Also the lack of an additional kill could be because of a role-block.
L_P speculation on night action. Asking about BP, doctors, and roleblockers. During a day when mafia has no idea why they couldn't kill a princess. Very suspicious behavior.

Just saw Seath's new claim ... what?? Why did you make all those hinting posts if you don't have a power role? (note, this is not a request for you to reveal your power if any)
StackpoleH against explaining power roles.
I think some of the reasoning in this thread has become a bit...strained at this point. Outing your roles out of boredom doesn't help us in the slightest. I respect that everyone has their own perspective, but we've just narrowed down the list of of townies with PR roles for scum to target.
Trigger against sharing roles.
Those roleclaims are also rather poor, speaking as a veteran of Archer. Having someone who is bulletproof at night gives scum even worse odds at outnumbering town.

That is, if said person doesn’t just tell everyone.
Enker against role claims if keeping the knowledge secret is better for town.
I will not role claim, because the people that have done so thus far have not done so in a Town-friendly way. Needless to say though, you can see why I’d want to hide a little bit. Lionesses are pretty good at that.
Enker against role claim but ok with name claim. Somewhat comes out with role information to report on night activity he found suspicious.
Interesting, though I still dislike the mass claiming at least were going somewhere.
Fireblend against claims.
Mass claiming to speed the game up only benefits scum.
LP against claims.
Also are you planning to role claim? It seems to be all the rage with the younger princesses.
Scum makes a joke but would be quite happy to see a role claim in response.
Okay this time we FOR SURE have a THUNDERDOME!!!
The Wendy debacle starts with two active role claims for the same person....
I would also like to hear from Seath. Darryl is claiming a one-sided relationship with Tinker Bell. AB is not. If there's anything that could help give credibility to one of their claims that would be helpful.
.....Trigger wants details on role info....
Why would Darryl claim? Chance of counter claim as we've seen. Protect Seath? .

I'm asking for names only btw
....scum Darryl now asking for names in reverse of earlier attitude....
Weemad is right though no one else should claim, not even names.
....weemadarthur and ferret say no.....
I said names only on purpose. All this feigned concern is really scummy. I'm not asking for everyone to spill their roles. I'm asking for a town member to save a town member by backing me up. WTF is your agenda here? You obviously just want a lynch at this point
....Mafia is unhappy with being told no....
I'm Anastasia, I'm a princess but not Disney. I thought it was a cruel joke but having just seen 2 "Wendy"s it looks Iike I got a bargain.
.....mafia makes a claim to support Darryl because town won't cooperate.....
The part about the neutral lyncher role is that it spiritually conflicts with my role.

I saw my role and thought it was to keep Tinker Bell safe. Probably because something bad would happen if we killed Tinker Bell. That's why I was trying to see if Seath had something that would imply he would have a player looking out for him. Mabe he's a daytime lynch bomb. Don't reveal that, Seath. I was just hoping you'd back me up or something at the time.

I guess it makes sense when I talk about it more. I'm supposed to protect TB. But there's someone out to get me? So if I ever used the function of my role to protect someone from a lynch, I'd have a player alerted out to get me? It just wasn't how I initially saw the utility behind my role.
....scum tries to get a bodyguard to talk.....
The fact he actually was able to do so makes me wonder if he knows more than he's letting on.

So basically you lied about your PR. This whole thing stinks like a setup.
....scum wants AB to role claim, tries insulting him....
The two aren't related in my mind. I'm willing to believe that two are lovers. Town aligned? One-shot vigilantes? Or multiple shots? That's where my doubt comes in.
....Trigger wants more role details....
. Because I've claimed scummily claimed a PR and crafted a subtitle. So you are only keeping info from town in this scenario.

I think this is an under the table attempt to build a rapport. You're selfishly suppressing info that could help us figure this out.
....scum keeps pressure for town roles to openly share information....
This has been bugging me a lot lately...what is this night action that you usually do? You don't need to give a title but at least describe what you do at night?
......Gryvan comes right out and asks....
I'm Snow White. I send the Huntsman to investigate another player and get their role name. It was all lies. I investigated Seath because I thought he was scum.

I didn't think I was going to get protected by a doctor and I didn't think I'd last past day 2 or 3 otherwise. I didn't think Wendy was in the game. I thought I'd put myself out there with a useless role and saying I knew Seath was town was just some breadcrumbing incase I flipped since he was being seen as scummy.
....Now votes are swinging to CM, which wasn't expected as a response to his role claim. Mafia reverses course and busses Darryl to protect CM, although it is not effective.
You realize that outing your role has made it pretty much not valuable to town?

Terrible in many ways...
Seath against claiming if secrecy is more helpful to town.

We're in Day 4 now and in a pretty good spot with two town and two scum dead, and a lot of claimed information, yet no one is doing anything with it.

Freakinchair - claimed Rapunzel, motion detector
Ayumi
weemadarthur - claimed to be targeted unsuccessfully N1
Barrylocke
Zatoth
gryvan
Unmasked Ferret
AbsolutBro - claimed Wendy
Enker - claimed some sort of PR
Septimus Prime - claimed Anna, lover
Royal_Flush
Fireblend - slept walk N1
StackpoleH
TheExodu5 - claimed Ariel, commuter
Terrabyte20xx - claimed Elsa, lover and unknown-shot, received N1 message
Trigger
Lone_Prodigy
Seath - claimed Tinkerbell
ultron87 - claimed Giselle
Mazre - received N2 message

7/20 claimed names (Tinkerbell, Giselle, Anna, Elsa, Ariel, Rapunzel, Wendy)
3 claimed by scum (Tiana, Snow White, Anastasia)

Confirmed roles:
1 tracker (Darryl)
1 one-shot cop/silencer/killer (CM)
1 ordinary (Dusk)
1 override-claim ordinary (FEP)

Unconfirmed roles:
2 lovers (Sept and Terra)
1 X-shot killer (Terra)
1 commuter (Exodu5)
1 investigative-type (Enker)
1 motion detector (Freakinchair)
1 sleepwalker (???)
1 message deliverer (???)
1 X-shot bulletproof (weemad)

Questions:
1. Why hasn't scum killed anyone yet? A commuter claims out of nowhere. weemad claims that he was shot unsuccessfully: does that warrant a notification? If town seems overly protective, shouldn't that be balanced by multiple killing roles?
2. Is Exodu5 actually commuting every night and why haven't we seen any of his claimed consequences?
3. What is Enker and why did he only get positive results from Exodu5?
4. Why is the message-sender being cryptic and not overly pro-town?
5. What kind of motion is being associated with Seath, a claimed ordinary?

Work on those questions above, class. I should also mention why Freakinchair would target the same person twice (Seath) and go 3/3 while Enker has seemingly only gone 1/3 when there are so many alleged night actions happening.

Trigger

I'm not reacting to your suspicions. You can be suspicious of me, and vote for me.

I'm reacting to your lack of explanation. There are logical reasons to suspect I might be scum. I know, because I put them there deliberately. The fact that you can't even find those and use them for the basis of an argument is either because you're barely playing, or because you're scum yourself.

So given your vote history and low contribution level, why should anyone think you're aligned with Town? Can you point to anything?

I gave an explanation when I was asked. It might not meet your standards, but I gave one. My vote isn't nearly as scummy as people have made it seem. If I were scum I would've bussed CM or Darryl. Not voting for either of them just puts an unnecessary target on me.

Kevyt

I gave an explanation when I was asked. It might not meet your standards, but I gave one. My vote isn't nearly as scummy as people have made it seem. If I were scum I would've bussed CM or Darryl. Not voting for either of them just puts an unnecessary target on me.

What is your opinion on the messages to Mazre and Terra?

Clearly, it has to do with you, so what are your thoughts?

Trigger

What is your opinion on the messages to Mazre and Terra?

Clearly, it has to do with you, so what are your thoughts?

I honestly have no clue what they mean or why they'd contradict. I'm almost of the mindset that it's some weird gambit. I'm not sure why it's being given any weight.

I-I don't know what it means to "pull the Trigger", but it doesn't sound pleasant. ;_;

Enker

To clarify, I got a null from Exodus and two non-nulls (but useless nonetheless) from my other visits, who were both different people. So, I’m 0/3. As we apparently have people who can see activity, I’d rather not say who I peeped in on N2 and N3 at the moment in case someone tries to lie about said ability.

So all I really know is that I was unable to visit Exodus N1, and now you know that I’ve visited three different people.

Ayumi

weemadarthur - Seems overly defensive, even for a Mafia game. VERY eager to always explain himself. A bit too eager, imo. Seems to try to logic himself away as scum.

Trigger - Doesn't even care to defend himself at all. Maybe he's unsure how to do it without revealing he's scum.

Btw, I also received a message, but thought it was not relevant so I never mentioned it until now. It just said "Don't let anyone tell you not to be bold." in reference to this post.

So I think it's safe to just disregard the messages based on who they are coming from, assuming we are all receiving messages from the same person. (No offense, bud.) Looks like he might just be trying to stir the pot. :3

I don't know, there are a few names that might be kind of suspicious to me, but I wouldn't really be able to explain why. So just a hunch, I guess.

Lone_Prodigy
Terrabyte20xx
???

Things are going so slowly right now.
Could very well be that one of those claiming they "aren't around to post a lot, busy IRL" are actually scum, or they just kind of abandoned the killing.

Wait, so Ayumi, you received your message last night phase as well? Terrabyte got his message then too iirc-- I guess the sender can send multiple messages? Does anyone else want to come forward with messages? (unless you have reason to keep the contents private)

Also, so far they've all contained puns

Ayumi

Wait, so Ayumi, you received your message last night phase as well? Terrabyte got his message then too iirc-- I guess the sender can send multiple messages? Does anyone else want to come forward with messages? (unless you have reason to keep the contents private)

Also, so far they've all contained puns
It was on Tuesday though. Do these PMs really matter? The guy sending them isn't playing, and he doesn't know more than us anyway.

Imo we should just move on.

Trigger

Questions:
1. Why hasn't scum killed anyone yet? A commuter claims out of nowhere. weemad claims that he was shot unsuccessfully: does that warrant a notification? If town seems overly protective, shouldn't that be balanced by multiple killing roles?
2. Is Exodu5 actually commuting every night and why haven't we seen any of his claimed consequences?
4. Why is the message-sender being cryptic and not overly pro-town?
5. What kind of motion is being associated with Seath, a claimed ordinary?

1) I think it's been pure luck honestly. It's not easy to predict who will be targeted.

2) I have some speculation about this, but for now I'll say that I do believe Exodu5's claim.

3) Related to question to second question, but maybe this is proof that Exodu5 really is a commuter of some sort.

4) They're a neutral? My opinion might seem biased, but I don't think it's the work of an investigative PR. A town cop that can send messages to people seems overpowered. Someone is screwing with town.

5) We only have two options here:

A) Seath is lying about being an ordinary and is doing something.
B) People are targeting Seath with some power.

Nothing fun and exciting, peeped in on another princess and found a reply that was not nothing, but not useful. Same as yesterday...

Since we're in such a commanding lead I'm going to go ahead and give out the information I've managed to obtain before I'm eventually killed (should they get around to doing that sort of thing again...)

I am Rapunzel and my power is to visit someone each night to see if they visit or were visited by someone (I'm assuming).

Night 1 - I visited Fireblend and there was activity. That's fine... anything could have happened here. If he wants he can pipe up and tell us if anything happened to him to corroborate my claim.

Night 2 - I visited Seath and there was activity. A little weird... Seath is supposedly a confirmed Tinkerbell townie with no mentioned special powers. Someone could have visited him - role cop or someone doing something else.

Night 3 - I visited Seath... again and there was activity... again. This is where it gets interesting. Either people keep visiting him during the night or he has some sort of special power. Considering he was being defended by Darryl an awful lot, avoided execution on the first day by a bandwagon, and is now VERY agreeable with town makes me think he is scum.

Anything you want to tell us about the last two nights Seath?

Sounds like a motion detector to me. We hadn't have them very often on GAF game so far but they are the third class of tracking roles (next to Watcher and Tracker)

Both Enker and Freakinchair are claiming to be motion detectors? I hadn't considered the implications of that.

It was on Tuesday though. Do these PMs really matter? The guy sending them isn't playing, and he doesn't know more than us anyway.

Imo we should just move on.

If you got a pm from a GAFia member in another game, it isn't relevant to this game. I got a nice message about a post of mine, it seems like the community tries to be friendly.

A pm about night actions in our game would probably be in red highlight text. I think.

I don't think Enker's said exactly what his role does.

Can everyone who received messages confirm that they came in the form of a pm from ynny? And was there any flavor text around the message that you think it would be useful for the town to know?

Re the activity around Seath-- his behavior's been so suspicious and strange that I wouldn't be surprised if multiple people were visiting him at night-- watchers, town protective roles, mafia if he isn't mafia himself-- the list goes on. Still I'm glad we have this info, and I do suspect that Seath isn't an ordinary role-- just can't decide if I think he's mafia or not

Watcher may be the wrong word, I’ve only played 2 full games. Think “Person who can see who visits them at night” instead.

No, Enker didn't specify exactly. This is the note about his role.

It's quite similar? I'm really unfamiliar with possible power roles.

Enker

No, Enker didn't specify exactly. This is the note about his role.

It's quite similar? I'm really unfamiliar with possible power roles.

That’s my horribly butchered explanation of what I thought Exodus was - not myself. Basically trying to figure out how he knew someone visited him when I had done so.

Don’t feel bad about knowing PRs, if I had known Commuter was a possibility I wouldn’t have even said anything at all. Thought I had caught him in a lie, when I clearly didn’t.

Basically, I wouldn’t use me as a way to counter Chair’s claim unless details about my role become known and that directly counters him somehow or I get killed and you know exactly how the Spider in the Sky wrote me into being.

Kevyt

I honestly have no clue what they mean or why they'd contradict. I'm almost of the mindset that it's some weird gambit. I'm not sure why it's being given any weight.

I-I don't know what it means to "pull the Trigger", but it doesn't sound pleasant. ;_;

So do you think this could be scum trying to sabotage you?

Also, why should it not be given any weight? Clearly someone is into you, and I am not exactly surprised about that given the way you have played.

I'll post more thoughts on this later on.

weemadarthur - Seems overly defensive, even for a Mafia game. VERY eager to always explain himself. A bit too eager, imo. Seems to try to logic himself away as scum.

Trigger - Doesn't even care to defend himself at all. Maybe he's unsure how to do it without revealing he's scum.

Btw, I also received a message, but thought it was not relevant so I never mentioned it until now. It just said "Don't let anyone tell you not to be bold." in reference to this post.

So I think it's safe to just disregard the messages based on who they are coming from, assuming we are all receiving messages from the same person. (No offense, bud.) Looks like he might just be trying to stir the pot. :3

I don't know, there are a few names that might be kind of suspicious to me, but I wouldn't really be able to explain why. So just a hunch, I guess.

Lone_Prodigy
Terrabyte20xx
???

Things are going so slowly right now.
Could very well be that one of those claiming they "aren't around to post a lot, busy IRL" are actually scum, or they just kind of abandoned the killing.

This is a terrible list.

Weemadarthur has not been playing defensively. He has encouraged people to disagree with him and provide reasons as to why. If anything, it's Trigger who has been playing defensively, especially in regards to how we called him out in his voting record (voted for AB instead of Darryl).

Why Terrabyte in your list of suspects?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Can everyone who received messages confirm that they came in the form of a pm from ynny? And was there any flavor text around the message that you think it would be useful for the town to know?
It came directly from YNNNY, the flavor was that it was at my door.

Trigger

So do you think this could be scum trying to sabotage you?

Also, why should it not be given any weight? Clearly someone is into you, and I am not exactly surprised about that given the way you have played.

I'll post more thoughts on this later on.

It's vague and contradictory. It doesn't give me anything to actually argue against, and we don't know who is sending it. lol I don't think that it's wise to worry too much about it.

That’s my horribly butchered explanation of what I thought Exodus was - not myself. Basically trying to figure out how he knew someone visited him when I had done so.

Cool, just pretend I didn't say anything.

What do you mean, too late?!

And now for something entirely different.
How does everyone read our substitutes?

Fireblend

Banned
Well I'm back but I don't have much to say nor does there seem to be lots of movement towards anyone in particular. The most interesting piece of news is this messages thing, but I'm having difficulty reading it.

I personally don't think we should pay much attention to it, despite the fact that I think Trigger is a good lynch target for today. In order for the message to be helpful to town, there would have to be a player that is both able to send messages, and also have some sort of privileged information regarding Trigger, and I doubt that's the case.

So I believe that the message is either coming from a scum player, or it's coming from one who suspects Trigger and regardless, it's trying to manipulate us into lynching him. A more unlikely scenario: Lynching Trigger is whoever's sending the message's neutral win condition. I still think he's a good target, for the record. I'm unsatisfied with his answers so far.

Ayumi is acting weird, suspecting Weemad and Terra, but I don't think she's scum. She may just be working with incomplete information and making shots at the dark due to being new. Can you justify your suspicions on Terra and Weemad, Ayumi?

Today I don't have much time, but I'll try to read through Seath's posts and interactions and try to get a read there. After my earlier votes analysis I had him on the "likely town" column, but I admit that was an incomplete analysis and maybe I should revisit the possibility with a more thorough read-through of his posts.

Enker

Something doesn’t seem right about this...if you know what a Mafia game plays out like then a best case for how to read you is newbie jitters. But people did suspect Euphemism before...

As for our other newcomers, I do wish Stack would post a bit more but her and Barry are both doing a decent job of fitting in, I am not suspicious of them as things stand.

Enker

Also, it’s D4. So in theory our secret messenger should have been able to send three messages unless a dog bit them on the way to deliver the first one (or they chose not to).

N1: No Message Claimed
N2: Mazre “Don’t Pull the Trigger”
N3: Terra “Just Pull the Trigger”

I don’t know if I’ve seen a PR that can do two things at night, so why the sudden change of heart between N2 and N3?

Fireblend

Banned
Also, it’s D4. So in theory our secret messenger should have been able to send three messages unless a dog bit them on the way to deliver the first one (or they chose not to).

N1: No Message Claimed
N2: Mazre “Don’t Pull the Trigger”
N3: Terra “Just Pull the Trigger”

I don’t know if I’ve seen a PR that can do two things at night, so why the sudden change of heart between N2 and N3?

Some possibilities:

- They didn't send one.
- They did but got role-blocked.
- They did and whoever got it hasn't disclosed it (scum may have a reason not to disclose it if it was accurate info or something).
- They sent it to someone who died: Darryl or CM may have chosen not to share it here, or Flatearthpandas died before he could.

About the change of heart, no idea. As I said, I doubt whoever's sending the message has some sort of privileged info on top of being able to send messages.

Top Bottom