• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Questions:
1. Why hasn't scum killed anyone yet? A commuter claims out of nowhere. weemad claims that he was shot unsuccessfully: does that warrant a notification? If town seems overly protective, shouldn't that be balanced by multiple killing roles?
2. Is Exodu5 actually commuting every night and why haven't we seen any of his claimed consequences?
3. What is Enker and why did he only get positive results from Exodu5?
4. Why is the message-sender being cryptic and not overly pro-town?
5. What kind of motion is being associated with Seath, a claimed ordinary?

Your skills summary is quite complete, I can't recall anything you're missing. I think you could make two minor revisions though.
Sleepwalking - seems different from the standard role and is cast on a second party.
Weemadarthur never really specified how they survived an attack, whether it was their own role or another person's that saved them.

Questions
1. Ursula had an extra ninja kill. But she is dead. Terrabyte could be scum, or neutral, but it seems unlikely that he is a serial killer - protecting two correct targets for two nights in a row is unbelievable. We don't have proof that other mafioso have no extra kills.

2. It seems not plausible to me, partly because mafia should have more killing power than has been seen if E is town and a commuter.

3. You've misunderstood the results. Enker got null information on exodus, not a positive. What he is, is irrelevant, until he feels he has information on scum.

4. Dunno.

5. Could be visits from third parties. Or Seath has a power. It may become necessary to lynch Seath later. Personally I'd like to find two more scum first, because Seath hasn't successfully done anything to hurt town and actually participates.

Oh yeah I forgot about the sleepwalker. Darryl claimed to have sleptwalk N2, but since he's scum it's hard to believe.

And I highly doubt a target of a protective action would receive a notification of such a boon. Until I hear otherwise, I'll assume weemad has (or had) some kind of self-protection.

I gave an explanation when I was asked. It might not meet your standards, but I gave one. My vote isn't nearly as scummy as people have made it seem. If I were scum I would've bussed CM or Darryl. Not voting for either of them just puts an unnecessary target on me.

1. It was a 3-way tie with 15 minutes left between CM, Darryl, and AB. There was no bus on CM.

2. Darryl was as good as dead on D3. We learn nothing from the votes on him.

ultron87

Yeah, at this point I'd be fine just going down the list of AbsolutBro voters from the 3 way nonsense that ended up with CM getting lynched. Also suspicious are the people that stayed out of it entirely by voting on other. That was such a bad situation for scum and it turned so many times in the last hours that bussing anyone would be very tough for them. A vote or two could be the difference between losing a partner or not so you can't play around with it.

Hey, Mazre and Terra, can you explain the context of these messages? Was it just this one sentence or was it built in in some fluff. Because right now, because of the semantic similarities of the two sentences, I thing it's a pre-defined message (so that the person sending them can either send "Don't pull the Trigger" or "Just pull the Trigger"). Depending on what the surrounding text says this becomes more or less likely. I don't think the message has anything to do with Trigger, because why would the sender be so cryptic?

Weemadarthur never really specified how they survived an attack, whether it was their own role or another person's that saved them.
What is this? Did you just post something that someone else posted for free use into the Scum chat without changing your name to "I"?

Fireblend

Banned
Hey, Mazre and Terra, can you explain the context of these messages? Was it just this one sentence or was it built in in some fluff. Because right now, because of the semantic similarities of the two sentences, I thing it's a pre-defined message (so that the person sending them can either send "Don't pull the Trigger" or "Just pull the Trigger"). Depending on what the surrounding text says this becomes more or less likely. I don't think the message has anything to do with Trigger, because why would the sender be so cryptic?
Terra said the flavor says they're notes at their doors:

It came directly from YNNNY, the flavor was that it was at my door.

What is this? Did you just post something that someone else posted for free use into the Scum chat without changing your name to "I"?

That'd be hilarious. Weemad as scum though? Man, the gambits would be fucking real if that's the case.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Yeah, at this point I'd be fine just going down the list of AbsolutBro voters from the 3 way nonsense that ended up with CM getting lynched. Also suspicious are the people that stayed out of it entirely by voting on other. That was such a bad situation for scum and it turned so many times in the last hours that bussing anyone would be very tough for them. A vote or two could be the difference between losing a partner or not so you can't play around with it.
I am 100% in favor of this strategy.

Kevyt

That would mean that Trigger is way high up on the list...

And with those messages in regards to him... Lynch worthy in my humble opinion.

I mean, I'm all in with lynching the AB voters. Can we please start with Zatoth?

Terra said the flavor says they're notes at their doors:
Oh, must have missed this. That's sadly not helping much, though it indicates a little bit towards this not being predefined messages.

Ayumi

This is a terrible list.

Weemadarthur has not been playing defensively. He has encouraged people to disagree with him and provide reasons as to why. If anything, it's Trigger who has been playing defensively, especially in regards to how we called him out in his voting record (voted for AB instead of Darryl).

Why Terrabyte in your list of suspects?

People wanted a list, so I gave it to them. I'm sorry I'm not writing it the way you wanna read it, I'm new here and I'm trying to adjust. You thinking "My list is terrible" isn't gonna change my opinion.

Fireblend

Banned
People wanted a list, so I gave it to them. I'm sorry I'm not writing it the way you wanna read it, I'm new here and I'm trying to adjust. You thinking "My list is terrible" isn't gonna change my opinion.

I said it earlier, but I'd like you to elaborate on your suspicions on Terra, now that you're here :)

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
People are barely posting and the strategy now is to just focus on 3-4 players?
Yeah? I mean, the Darryl/CM situation is a dream come true. CM's bandwagon happened so late that it is highly unlikely any scum would be on there. So it just makes more sense to look at everyone else. And considering how close the AB Darryl Lynch was, it's more likely that scum are on that wagon.

RetroMG

I know I'm late on this, but just to be clear:

Ayumi was messaged by a member of the community who is not involved in this game. That person thought it would be harmless/funny to mess with her. No information about this game was provided.

It's been privately addressed, and should be disregarded going forward. If there are any further questions, they will be addressed after the end of the game, in the dead thread.

Carry on, Princesses.

Trigger

Yeah? I mean, the Darryl/CM situation is a dream come true. CM's bandwagon happened so late that it is highly unlikely any scum would be on there. So it just makes more sense to look at everyone else. And considering how close the AB Darryl Lynch was, it's more likely that scum are on that wagon.

My concern is that it won't do much to stimulate conversation. The previous day didn't have much in the way of conversation besides Darryl. We didn't learn much either from the night phase.

VOTE: Zatoth

If everyone is going to take this route then I'd rather lynch one of the people with the lower activity.

4deZUrp.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Trigger (3)
Fireblend .1556
Seath .1566
Lone_Prodigy .1615

Zatoth (3)
Royal_Flush .1603
Terrabyte20xx .1665
Trigger .1670

Seath (2)
Freakinchair .1571
TheExodu5 .1579

Ayumi (0)
Trigger .1543 .1565

Freakinchair (0)
TheExodu5 .1539 .1579

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .1512 .1615
Seath .1525 .1566

No active vote for Day 4:
AbsolutBro
Ayumi
Barrylocke
Enker
gryvan
Mazre
Septimus Prime
StackpoleH
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
weemadarthur
Zatoth

Day 4 ends:
cya_1457388000.png

11 votes for majority

Mazre

Well I'm back but I don't have much to say nor does there seem to be lots of movement towards anyone in particular. The most interesting piece of news is this messages thing, but I'm having difficulty reading it.

I personally don't think we should pay much attention to it, despite the fact that I think Trigger is a good lynch target for today. In order for the message to be helpful to town, there would have to be a player that is both able to send messages, and also have some sort of privileged information regarding Trigger, and I doubt that's the case.

So I believe that the message is either coming from a scum player, or it's coming from one who suspects Trigger and regardless, it's trying to manipulate us into lynching him. A more unlikely scenario: Lynching Trigger is whoever's sending the message's neutral win condition. I still think he's a good target, for the record. I'm unsatisfied with his answers so far.

Ayumi is acting weird, suspecting Weemad and Terra, but I don't think she's scum. She may just be working with incomplete information and making shots at the dark due to being new. Can you justify your suspicions on Terra and Weemad, Ayumi?

Today I don't have much time, but I'll try to read through Seath's posts and interactions and try to get a read there. After my earlier votes analysis I had him on the "likely town" column, but I admit that was an incomplete analysis and maybe I should revisit the possibility with a more thorough read-through of his posts.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Fireblend re: the messages.

Jet lag has been a real pain on the return trip this time. I'll post a vote in the morning before work and try to at least keep an eye on the thread towards the end of the day.

Enker

Insert the usual “won’t be here for the end this is my vote” spiel.

My list does no good to anyone unless you see my role, but it’ll help Town should I die so I might as well post it. I want to be clear: I am not a Cop and this list does in no way confirm or deny that these folks are Town or Scum.

N1: Exodus
N2: Zatoth
N3: Lone Prodigy

Vote: Trigger

It’s a guess either way you look at it, so I’m going for someone I haven’t looked at yet over someone I have. Zatoth may very well be scum, don’t let this list dissuade you.

Insert the usual “won’t be here for the end this is my vote” spiel.

My list does no good to anyone unless you see my role, but it’ll help Town should I die so I might as well post it. I want to be clear: I am not a Cop and this list does in no way confirm or deny that these folks are Town or Scum.

N1: Exodus
N2: Zatoth
N3: Lone Prodigy

It’s a guess either way you look at it, so I’m going for someone I haven’t looked at yet over someone I have. Zatoth may very well be scum, don’t let this list dissuade you.

Why did you choose Zatoth and LP when you did? Was it just random choices?

gryvan

welp I guess we can start on people who didn't vote either Darryl or CM overall. I'm not innocent on that list however. Since Day 3 was basically turbo Darryl, its whatever.

My reasoning for Day 2 still stands, before I realized CM/Darryl were both scum, due to the fact that AbsolutBro out of nowhere started to claim and moving the thread out of nowhere after he was quiet on Day 1. Darryl was basically talking as though he was a townie with PR or neutral so I assumed he was a part of helping town but at the same time, some of his reasoning were very...flawed. I assumed he was trying to root out scum. Sadly it went the other way around and it was basically scum trying to out himself as town for all or at least tried to but failed horribly.

Other than that, ask me anything else really since I'm also on the "Did not vote for Darryl/CM"

Other than that, ask me anything else really since I'm also on the "Did not vote for Darryl/CM"

If there was a last second tie between Trigger and Zatoth who would you vote for to break the tie?

Who is your current most suspicious player?

Who is in your blind spot?

Pizza or spaghetti? This one is optional.

HALF A DAY LEFT IN THIS DANCE, PRINCESSES

onqOGCT.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Trigger (4)
Fireblend .1556
Seath .1566
Lone_Prodigy .1615
Enker .1673

Zatoth (3)
Royal_Flush .1603
Terrabyte20xx .1665
Trigger .1670

Seath (2)
Freakinchair .1571
TheExodu5 .1579

Ayumi (0)
Trigger .1543 .1565

Freakinchair (0)
TheExodu5 .1539 .1579

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .1512 .1615
Seath .1525 .1566

AbsolutBro
Ayumi
Barrylocke
gryvan
Mazre
Septimus Prime
StackpoleH
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
weemadarthur
Zatoth

Day 4 ends:
cya_1457388000.png

11 votes for majority

Fireblend

Banned
Can we get some more votes in, people? =/ you're hurting town if you don't vote and I doubt we have a scum team that's 11 people strong....

Fireblend

Banned
I really don't like this at all. Too much misdirection has happened this day over what was discovered.

UNVOTE

Vote: Zatoth

You haven't posted in 2 days, so maybe some outside perspective will illuminate us. Can you elaborate on what you mean by misdirection? And maybe why you didn't point it out when it occurred?

Zatoth

So it comes down to trigger or me?

Don't really have anything to say in my defence. But don't worry I will not role claim Doctor in the last hours. I know I did not put enough effort in this game. Which makes me look scum. Probably would go after me, if I were in your position.

It seems to have come down to trigger and zatoth. It's close but I'm going to go with trigger. I want to find out more about the messages, and I found trigger's attempt to dismiss discussion of them suspicious. I will try to post a bit more next day phase. Busy week. But the town is doing pretty well so far-- whatever happens, not discouraged!

vote: Trigger

Fireblend

Banned
Trigger, it seems like you'll be the next to go, so what players do you think are the most suspicious right now? Who should we look at after you flip town (not that I think you will)?

MwSj8XE.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Trigger (8)
Fireblend .1556
Seath .1566
Lone_Prodigy .1615
Enker .1673
Mazre .1680
Ayumi .1684
Zatoth .1685
StackpoleH .1686

Zatoth (4)
Royal_Flush .1603
Terrabyte20xx .1665
Trigger .1670
Freakinchair .1682

Seath (1)
Freakinchair .1571 .1682
TheExodu5 .1579

Ayumi (0)
Trigger .1543 .1565

Freakinchair (0)
TheExodu5 .1539 .1579

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .1512 .1615
Seath .1525 .1566

AbsolutBro
Barrylocke
gryvan
Septimus Prime
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
weemadarthur

Day 4 ends:
cya_1457388000.png

11 votes for majority

gryvan

If there was a last second tie between Trigger and Zatoth who would you vote for to break the tie?

I personally would vote zatoth due to the fact that he hasnn't been posting a lot throughout the game. Which makes it extremely suspicious overall...

My blind spot is septimus. I have rarely see him in action throughout today so I'm already very suspicious

Spaghetti

Also

Vote: Zatoth

UNVOTE

No need to turbo.

Actually, since we know there's a possibility to lose a vote, I'd like to see everyone place one. Trigger, Zatoth, or whomever's highest on your scum list.

Next on my scum list is gryvan.

Trigger

1) Zatoth because I've been more active than in the game than him, and I know I'm not scum.

2) Seath. Posting has increased, but the comments about night time activity is curious.

3) Mazre. He's been posting, but hasn't said anything that sounds really positive one way or the other. He's also doing a great job at avoiding any kind of pressure.

4) Pizza, always pizza.

Kevyt

Day 2 has Ended.

Christina Mackenzie has been removed from the Kingdom.

DAY 2 FINAL TALLY:

Christina Mackenzie (8)
Mazre .1030
Seath .1085 .1177
Lone_Prodigy .1094 .1158
Fireblend .1106 .1139
ultron87 .1169 .1194
ultron87 .1204 .1261
StackpoleH .1209
Seath .1212
Terrabyte20xx .1239
Barrylocke .1245
Fireblend .1249
AbsolutBro .1255
ultron87 .1261

AbsolutBro (5)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951 .1103
Darryl .958 .1152
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974 .1109
Trigger .1008
StackpoleH .1011 .1195
Zatoth .1021
Christina Mackenzie .1078
Lone_Prodigy .1158

Darryl (4)
AbsolutBro .805 .1255
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814 .1133
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910 .1229
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958
Royal_Flush .1013
Seath .1042 .1085
Terrabyte20xx .1047 .1239
Fireblend .1050 .1098
weemadarthur .1055
Lone_Prodigy .1061 .1067
Freakinchair .1129
Seath .1177 .1196
Unmasked Ferret .1188 .1210
ultron87 .1194 .1197
StackpoleH .1195 .1209

Freakinchair (2)
Fireblend .1139 .1160
Fireblend .1160 .1249
Darryl .1166
Unmasked Ferret .1171 .1188
Unmasked Ferret .1210

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775 .1050
TheExodu5 .1135

TheExodu5 (1)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767 .1078
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776 .1055

Seath (1)
Freakinchair .561 .1129
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776
Darryl .1152 .1166

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Trigger (0)
Terrabyte20xx .957 .1039

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

Day 3 has Ended.

Darryl has been removed from the Kingdom.

DAY 3 FINAL TALLY:

Darryl (11)
Terrabyte20xx .1284
AbsolutBro .1311
Seath .1340 .1485
Septimus Prime .1377
StackpoleH .1383
TheExodu5 .1396
weemadarthur .1468
Darryl .1469
Enker .1484
Lone_Prodigy .1486
gryvan .1494
Unmasked Ferret .1498

weemadarthur (0)
Ayumi .1420 .1427

Lone_Prodigy (0)
weemadarthur .1418 .1468

No active vote for Day 3:
Ayumi (has previously voted)
Barrylocke
Fireblend
Freakinchair
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Seath (has previously voted)
Trigger
ultron87
Zatoth

11 votes for majority

I think we should pay attention to the players in bold.

Going by votes alone on the past two days, Trigger and Zatoth are the ones that most stick out due to how they voted. None of them voted for either Darryl or CM on day 2, and instead ended up voting for AbsolutBro.

Day 2 was just a terrible day for scum. All of a sudden, in the last few hours, there was a bandwagon on CM and Darryl managed to save himself by a frog's hair.

Anyways, I believe voting patterns are important and by lynching zatoth or trigger, we will catch another scum. For now I will keep my vote on trigger.

ultron87

Trigger and Zatoth have been plenty suspicious so either could be scum. I feel like Trigger's flip could potentially give us some more info than flipping an inactive like Zatoth.

Kevyt

I should also note my second group of suspects would be Gryvan, and Lone_Prodigy, followed closely by two of our replacements, Barrylocke and Ayumi.

Barrylocke has been inactive to say the least... however he's such a troubled young man, it could be life getting on his ability to play this game with us. At least, I want to convince myself with that.

We should still pay close attention to our replacements.

As far as night activity on my side? Well I'm not surprised given how I baited that I was Giselle since Day 1, and my "cryptic" posts of true love's kiss and finding my prince which was just me having fun with the flavor of this game and nothing more. I am not rusprised that scum has been watching me closely, wondering "does he have some sort of PR that could screw us?" "could he be our lost partner?" "should we investigate him more?"

Therefore, I believe that scum has been visiting me each night, and perhaps, even tried to night kill me but failed.

No, I do not have any power role of some sort, no I cannot be recruited to scum's side - I am town by default and that's how it stays. You can't make Tinkerbell evil all of a sudden, it's just not how it works.

Scum has been wasting time with me, and this is the only explanation for the night activity that someone has claimed when "inspecting me" or whatever it was that said player found out.

I feel bad for scum, but haven given my list of most suspected, I feel confident we will get them all by day 6 or 7.

Else, I would be totally fine being voted out during the day if you all feel its necessary. I am just a townie, as I have said many times throughout the game, with no special powers - so if I can be a meatshield for town then I'll gladly take up that position!

Thank you :3

\o/

1) Zatoth because I've been more active than in the game than him, and I know I'm not scum.

2) Seath. Posting has increased, but the comments about night time activity is curious.

3) Mazre. He's been posting, but hasn't said anything that sounds really positive one way or the other. He's also doing a great job at avoiding any kind of pressure.

4) Pizza, always pizza.

He generated a case against CM out of nowhere. At that point it was a Darryl vs. AB thunderdome. If scum would try to bus one of their own to save another, then they deserve a medal
of participation

You're more active but you're really missing the mark.

Mafia are villains.

Hello, Captain Hook

Ursula may have been the one to Sniff out Tinkerbell, during Night 1.
Day 2, Seath seemed Town aligned....probably.
Darryl protected Tinkerbell a lot.
Consider that Captain Hook could have cast an alignment change/recruit command during Night 2.
Day 3, I wouldn't trust Seath to be Town aligned....anymore.

Oh, wow. This is pretty interesting. I didn't really read to deeply into these posts at first glance. I think you're on to something.
I realize I'm super late to the party and that my vote is kind of out of nowhere, but still. This exchange stood out to me. Keeping in mind that weemadarthur's post is actually to Lone_Prodigy, Trigger's response feels more like scum trying to push an incorrect theory. Much like Darryl tried jumping on the switcher idea (and basically anything else to stay alive), it behooves scum to push talk towards things that they know are wrong.

sorry Trigger. I know I'm not really giving you much time to defend yourself.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not exactly seeing the case against Trigger at the moment, but it seems inevitable that he's going to be lynched.

Trigger, why have you not defended yourself or role claimed by now?

Zatoth

I personally would vote zatoth due to the fact that he hasnn't been posting a lot throughout the game. Which makes it extremely suspicious overall...

Look who is talking. You aren't posting too much either.

It seems to have come down to trigger and zatoth. It's close but I'm going to go with trigger. I want to find out more about the messages, and I found trigger's attempt to dismiss discussion of them suspicious. I will try to post a bit more next day phase. Busy week. But the town is doing pretty well so far-- whatever happens, not discouraged!

No trying to defend Trigger. But the most likely case is, that someone is able to send a short message each night to another player. Doubt they also have an information gathering power. Still funny that both message mentioned Trigger.

He generated a case against CM out of nowhere. At that point it was a Darryl vs. AB thunderdome. If scum would try to bus one of their own to save another, then they deserve a medal
of participation

You're more active but you're really missing the mark.

Thanks. I may be lazy. But at least I know that it was Mazre that started the train against CM.

TheExodu5

Banned
So...our most trusted town on Night 2 gets a message saying "Don't pull the Trigger". Our somewhat suspect Vigilante gets a message on Night 3 saying "Pull the Trigger".

What was the intent, here? Clearly the messages were sent by the same person. The first message seems to indicate that we shouldn't lynch Trigger. The second message seems to indicate that we should night kill Trigger.

Top Bottom