• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

I'm super jealous, need to wait a few months to get this. With me being in and out of hospital had to change gaming budgets over the last few days, going to be tough avoiding watching streams and let's play on YouTube. Time for self discipline, I bought first one on Pc and PS4 loved it. Still when I get it will be like a kid at xmas. Creating my character alone took me ages, and several false starts.

e2ce6387dd43d9d9dd234e2a44cd09b7.png

*tips hat* And on this day, the best RPG was born.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How does the party system work? Do you have four people in your party? Can you use all the abilities of all four people at all times, or only for your main character (such as for animal speaking).

Is there a list of the pre-made characters somewhere that describes what abilities they start with?

CSJ

I didn't know this game had a sequel, or was out today; until now.
Maaaan I'm so glad I didn't have to wait.

Now if my work connection can download it before home time....
40 mins, COME ONNN.

Nete

Already in, but I still don't have a clue on what character I want to play.

2 extra hours in the character creation screen, here I go.

Unai

I have never played as a Undead in any game, much less in an RPG. I guess my choice is going to be easy. Let's see how the worlds reacts.

How does the party system work? Do you have four people in your party? Can you use all the abilities of all four people at all times, or only for your main character (such as for animal speaking).

Is there a list of the pre-made characters somewhere that describes what abilities they start with?

Up to four, you start with just yourself (and I guess any co-op partners with you at char creation).

Abilities used out of combat are based on the character selected. Someone with Pet Pal can talk to animals, other characters just hear animal noises, for instance. I don't think there's any situations where other characters jump in and use their own stats, like for trading; if you want the best deal, your best barterer needs to be the one trading with a vendor.

For origin companions, you select their class when you recruit them. There's a selection of four classes and it's generally mage/melee/rogue/etc, all based on available pre-sets you can choose during character creation. I don't think there's a way to see an overview of their stats when you're deciding--though note that since progression is classless, you can turn them into whatever you want. They will match your level and you select everything after level 1.

This is all based on the Early Access builds, so hopefully it's accurate.

"Well, me. But it's an accident, your honour - a crime of muscle memory, if anything. The tab key means something else in Tyranny and Torment: Tides of Numenera, you see. In those games, it's the button you press to see which objects around you can be rifled for treasure."

I know that pain, I know it far too well.

Point of history here: this feature was first introduced in the BG2 expansion Throne of Bhaal, and has been adopted since then by many cRPG's because they're not crazy people who make you pixel hunt. Isn't that right Larian...

it's listed as a controller supported game in steam BPM but it doesn't seem to actually work at all?

What's the deal with that?

Controller support is in the final version being released now.

aravuus

Hnngh just got home with a brand new iPad, and this finishes downloading in a few minutes.

Which one to play around with...

I guess I could multitask lol

Buckle

I have never played as a Undead in any game, much less in an RPG. I guess my choice is going to be easy. Let's see how the worlds reacts.
Wouldn't take that hood they start you with off if I were you.

Unless you feel like scaring the shit out of some people.

B00TE

Done in 3 minutes. Starting a co-op campaign with my brother, then another campaign tonight with another friend and then a third campaign this weekend lol.

And thus, my GOG download is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna dive into this game I've been waiting for a fucking long time for, a true CRPG. I'll be posting first impressions this weekend!

Good luck everyone, I'm out for now.

Shahadan

I hope it has some good music bringing tension to battles like that one in OS 1

It wasn't even from that game but man did it feel great when it started when I was in a difficult situation

MikeBison

Totally forgot I'm booked to see IT tonight and supposed to raid again in Destiny later. So will get the download going whilst I'm out and maybe get my character creation done when I'm home. Hyped though!

Top Bottom