• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Ryzaki009

See my correction a few posts below, it is true that he gets pet pal for free but only as a companion(playing as him doesn't give you the additional pet pal, I tried a bunch of time) and if you pick wayfarer you basically lose a talent since he only gets pet pal instead of pet pal+something else. It's possible it's a feature but a poorly implemented one if that's the case, so I'm leaning more towards it being a bug where the default files gives him Pet Pal from his base preset Wayfarer by mistake. We'll see when they release, if he gets it for free it's kinda whatever I guess, just need to have him as a companion for that(unless they fix it to give him 3 starting talents when you select him as a MC).

It makes sense they don't want to give you an advantage as a PC but will still give it to him as a NPC since then it's not as big of a deal. But yeah we'll see in like 2 hours.

Going to buy this tonight with a friend. We loved the first game. Is the coop still similar in that we can each make a main character, or is there only one customizable character this time while the other players play as an NPC party member?

Wait what happened to the collectors edition? Did I miss something?

My pledge still list the Ale Mug and other stuff, I didn't know about a hoodie...now I paid for a statue and some stuff? And not getting the hoodie from the lower pledge level but was senmt some statue I really didn't care for?

Did I miss some big update where they totally changed the contents?

I know this is mostly my fault for not paying attention, but what happened?

B00TE

Going to buy this tonight with a friend. We loved the first game. Is the coop still similar in that we can each make a main character, or is there only one customizable character this time while the other players play as an NPC party member?

You can each make a custom character when you start a new game.

KorrZ

Went from not following a second of this games development to purchasing it last night.

The features video made this game look really cool. I only made it about 2 hours into D:OS1 but this seems to be a significantly more fleshed out game.

Anno

I think the ouija board was out awhile back. Wasn't there some kind of vote for what replaces it? Maybe I'm just making that up.

Sevenfold

Went from not following a second of this games development to purchasing it last night.

The features video made this game look really cool. I only made it about 2 hours into D:OS1 but this seems to be a significantly more fleshed out game.

A lot of people bounced off DOS early into the game. It was the town section just after you're introduced to the combat and want to mess with the systems that did it for many I think. Along with the punishment if you thought sod it and went the wrong way out of town looking for combat.

Watching that last video, it seems they're gonna get a bunch of bad reviews, seems translations won't be in until next week cause they were still adjusting dialogues up until this week so translation is behind.

oakenhild

A lot of people bounced off DOS early into the game. It was the town section just after you're introduced to the combat and want to mess with the systems that did it for many I think. Along with the punishment if you thought sod it and went the wrong way out of town looking for combat.

Does the enhanced edition fix any of that from the original DOS?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
1h8mins away from heaven descending on earth

Oh wait, it goes live at 8 AM PST? I Could have sworn I saw PM yesterday and got bummed out knowing I wouldn't be able to play after work today.

Ah I hope they get power back soon or their Canada buddies can upload the build on time. If not, I don't mind waiting and hour or two to from 8AM to start playing.

Does the enhanced edition fix any of that from the original DOS?

It does make some quest objectives more clear and iirc does point you the right way a bit better, but ultimately it still starts the same, with mostly a bunch of quests in the super large town before you go out, if you're the kind of person who feels like completing everything when you get it. If you don't care though you can just walk outside and kill stuff then come back to town to do the quests later, works fine as long as you don't exit where the guards tell you monsters are very strong and you shouldn't(because monsters are very strong and you shouldn't, surprisingly).

Yes, but they only revealed it recently: mug ale and ouija board have been swapped for the Fane figurine.

Was there a choice for the backers at all? Because I would've traded for the hoodie in a second and I see the hoodie is now on a lower tier than mine, but I do not get it...

I am disappointed this is not what I backed for, other than the game of course.

Lister

Banned
I already own the game on Steam thanks to the kickstarter, but I'm keen on the physical collector's edition. Is there any way to pick that up anymore? Can't find it on Amazon.

I did end up picking up one of the Divinity back packs though :)

Naito

Was there a choice for the backers at all? Because I would've traded for the hoodie in a second and I see the hoodie is now on a lower tier than mine, but I do not get it...

I am disappointed this is not what I backed for, other than the game of course.

Sorry to disappoint: CE details is one of the few things I did not actively followed, since I backed a digital edition. Having said that, I believe not since Swen mentioned this concern in the CE unveiling video update (that he hopes everyone understand the decision to swap those goodies out for Fane's Figurine).

iiicon

During the Kickstarter, Swen's mic, TV, and laptop all failed while he tried to put out a live update as the Kickstarter reached its funding, so it's only fitting for Larian's power to go out on release day.

Anoxida

Oooh I can't wait !! Going in totally blind. I fully expect to lose 2-3 hours minimum in character creation looking over all the different stuff.

Sorry to disappoint: CE details is one of the few things I did not actively followed, since I backed a digital edition. Having said that, I believe not since Swen mentioned this concern in the CE unveiling video update (that he hopes everyone understand the decision to swap those goodies out for Fane's Figurine).

I understand, not disappointed on the swap, more that a choice was not given. I hate or have no use for statues I will probably sell it on Ebay to try to make some of the money back, but if given a choice I would've taken a hoodie without thinking, but that item was a lower tier.

So yeah I wish a choice was given, not asking for a refund at all.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
As Omega pointed out that pretty much just looks like a regular old house.

My apartment looks quite similar to that. (though much much smaller)

Depends what your idea of house is. That place is huge and has at least 4 floors.

Top Bottom