• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Xeteh

Oh, and a random question. Does Bartering interact with Thievery for stealing? If so, who needs to have bartering? The person talking to the npc, or the thief?

It doesn't interact directly. Just focus on Thievery on one character and then whichever character you level Bartering on is the character you buy/sell everything with.

Ourobolus

Banned
Maybe someone can help me with a camera issue.

I have edge panning enabled, but I have a dual-monitor setup. Even with fullscreen (and I've tried fake fullscreen as well), if I pan to the right I end up on my other monitor. Is there any way to adjust this?

Tovarisc

Ifan's damage with his crossbow is too good to pass up and I really like Sebille's personality and mobility.

So that leaves me with two spots for one mage =(

You have already set their roles? You can have them adapt any preset class when hiring them to your squad and in beginning of Act 2 you get access to respec to make them even more efficient in their spec.

Maybe someone can help me with a camera issue.

I have edge panning enabled, but I have a dual-monitor setup. Even with fullscreen (and I've tried fake fullscreen as well), if I pan to the right I end up on my other monitor. Is there any way to adjust this?

Settings => Gameplay => Camera

Toggled that cursor is locked to window when game is active?

bati

Wow playing dual lone wolf feels so wrong. I really miss the colorful personalities I'm leaving behind. Back to my 4 man save!

You have already set their roles? You can have them adapt any preset class when hiring them to your squad and in beginning of Act 2 you get access to respec to make them even more efficient in their spec.

Settings => Gameplay => Camera

Toggled that cursor is locked to window when game is active?

Yes I have set their default roles. Good to know about being able to respec later on.

Alric

So I know highground is making ranged weapons a lot better this time around but do you think it's perfectly fine to do tactician mode without anyone using a bow/crossbow?

Tovarisc

So I know highground is making ranged weapons a lot better this time around but do you think it's perfectly fine to do tactician mode without anyone using a bow/crossbow?

Yes. My comp is fighter, rogue, summoner and wizard in tactician and been doing juuust fine.

Casters also get high ground damage benefits to their spells.

Alric

Yes. My comp is fighter, rogue, summoner and wizard in tactician and been doing juuust fine.

Casters also get high ground damage benefits to their spells.

Yeah, I noticed that and that's pretty much the setup I was going with so glad to know it's doing just fine.

About to go to nameless isle but I need to find gareth first. Anyone know where he is?
I've already done the quest to kill jonathan and showed him the ring
and he's not at the house anymore.

Bump, anyone? Last quest entry in burying the past just says we showed him the ring and he's left paradise down

haha got my entire squad one shotted, item auto-revived but it said game over anyway

hmm Larian is not smart, it auto saves right before interaction that insta kills you so the reload puts you back to instant kill

Helznicht

Pretty sure I am picking up the GOG version, but am concerned about not finding community made content easily. Is there a community share site up yet anywhere?

Hey everyone

Finally got around to starting. Loving it so far but I just have a question regarding Lohse's quest line at the start.

I'm playing as Lohse and I encountered an elf named Saheila which could give me the name of thing inside Lohse but I failed the second persuasion check unfortunately. Should I skip the conversation with Saheila and return when I have more stat points or is failing the check part of Lohse's story with me returning to Saheila when I'm more in control?

Thanks

KodaRuss

I dont have a PC that can run this at the moment but I finally purchased the original on PSN this week from the sale ($12.99). Really excited to get started with it, hope everyone is having a great time with the sequel.

Kalentan

Break out the cheese, my friend.
1. Main ground entrance to the ruins can be blocked up with crates found in the destroyed camp or where ever. This limits their movement.
2. Approach from the west high ground (where the broken bridge is with the little island with the statue and chest). Don't fight from ground level.
3. Use that chest (with a few casts of the teleport spell and some invsibility or stealth) to block the top of the west ladder where the archer is. If they can't get to you, they can't attack you. Do NOT stand where the archer is or the enemies will rock you with ranged attacks.
4. First thing that needs to die once you've done 1# - #3 is obviously the west archer. You have those teleport gloves? teleport the ass west towards the broken bridge. He's alone, so you can destroy him and heal up afterwards.
5. Now leave the fight and save. Get your shit together. Things can go south from now.
6. Go back in the same way, the idea is to pop someone out to the ledge the archer was on, teleport a lone enemy into your party, then get your someone back OR invisible OR playing dead to avoid retribution. Then kill the dude you teleported out since he's alone.
Rinse and repeat.
7. If the lone enemy is too tough for you, then teleport him/her onto the little island to the west with the statue. Then just shoot them to death with a crossbow. Did that to Alex.
His ability to fight back is very melee based.
8. Now, the worm might appear. If so, hang the fuck back to the west and scatter your party there. Eventually it'll get tired of fucking with the magisters and pop over to your little safe spot. At which point, you can either fight (remove the armor, turn it into a chicken!) or bail everyone but one character who can play dead/turn invisible/use invisibility potions. Why? because then the worm will go back to kicking the magisters around,
and they will kill it for you.

Tedious, but reliable.

Sadly I did not follow this but I eventually did beat it in sort of a cheesy way.
I teleported the archer to my ground and quickly downed him and then funneled some of the characters on the higher ground. I still lost 3 people but Thief was able to get away and revive everyone since they were just far enough away to not get her engaged in combat while the Magisters fought the worm.

In the end got 3 Magisters down, revived everyone, let them kill the worm, and then rengaged and won. Since killing them 4v3 was much easier than 4v6.

Tovarisc

Sucks that Parry Master doesn't work when using 1h weapon and shield. Call me crazy, but to me it makes sense that fighter with shield would be more able to parry / block attacks coming at him.

So my playthrough maybe over?

So uh... I'm at the
Bishop Alexander
fight and it's impossible. There is zero conceivable way to win the fight. They're all a level above me, and even with my characters having good armor and weapons, the guys just tear through us.
Ghiest
can break through my main's 100 armor and then down her to half health on one turn.

So GG I guess?

Im assuming you dont have a save before the fight?
Anyway, you can easily walk away and flee from any fight.

MrCinos

Is there a way to enter Fort Joy as level 1?
Ignore voidwoken bugs and use the ladder to the right of Alexander/Dallis when you are entering the Fort for the 1st time. When I rerolled I've got my companions at level 1 this way. IIRC only Ilfan can't be recruited as level 1 because he's tied to the mini-quest.

Kerrinck

Anybody knows how to claim the kickstarter steam code? I could swear it was only to be released on december but it looks like it's already out.
Can't seem to find anything on my e-mail.

Tovarisc

Ignore voidwoken bugs and use the ladder to the right of Alexander/Dallis when you are entering the Fort for the 1st time. When I rerolled I've got my companions at level 1 this way. IIRC only Ilfan can't be recruited as level 1 because he's tied to the mini-quest.

You don't need to follow the elf in order to recruit Ifan. Just talk to him when she heads out.

Sadly I did not follow this but I eventually did beat it in sort of a cheesy way.
I teleported the archer to my ground and quickly downed him and then funneled some of the characters on the higher ground. I still lost 3 people but Thief was able to get away and revive everyone since they were just far enough away to not get her engaged in combat while the Magisters fought the worm.

In the end got 3 Magisters down, revived everyone, let them kill the worm, and then rengaged and won. Since killing them 4v3 was much easier than 4v6.

That isn't cheesy at all. Totally valid tactic.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Hollow Marshes. Wherever I go,
death-death-everywhere-c9tr9n.jpg

Tovarisc

Nether Swap is broken, right?

Tooltip says you use it to swap location of two characters, even yours (caster). When I try swap my place with any character during combat it doesn't let me target myself (caster).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
My only real complaint after 14 hours is for these tougher encounters you'll want to setup the fight in a way that gives you the advantage, unfortunately you end up missing out on a lot of dialogue this way, at least I've found so far.

Started to save often and start these fights 'properly' to see the dialogue and then reload and actually fight.

Moff

I couldn't finish several quests in act 1 because I already solved other situations alone where the questgivers would help me after I helped them, like the dragon helping me in the alexandar fight or withermoore opening a source door. some other quests were finished but simply were not marked as finished. I checked them all with guides. I hope I did not miss out on tons of xp because of that. the questlog in act 2 now is certainly wrong in all cases, it says I did not help these guys but I sure did.

My only real complaint after 14 hours is for these tougher encounters you'll want to setup the fight in a way that gives you the advantage, unfortunately you end up missing out on a lot of dialogue this way, at least I've found so far.

Started to save often and start these fights 'properly' to see the dialogue and then reload and actually fight.

This is especially true for Tactician mode, which makes it even more annoying that when you land a sneak attack it still activates the dialogue window, losing time on any buffs. I pretty much now just do my regular sneak attacks on any encounter where the NPC is highlighted red, should they be important then the dialogue window will always popup anyway!

bati

Ok for real, are these 'dream' sequences a joke at Mass Effect: Andromeda's expense? I can't help but laugh every time it comes up.

Nether Swap is broken, right?

Tooltip says you use it to swap location of two characters, even yours (caster). When I try swap my place with any character during combat it doesn't let me target myself (caster).
Don't have it in campaign yet, but it works fine in Arena for me.

So it has been my experience that the Magisters don't exactly work for a living. They sit around while I fight evil, sometimes right outside their doorstep. So I had an idea. An idea that soon become a mission:

If the reds won't go to the fight, then the fight will go to the reds.

(mild non-story encounter spoilers from chapter 2)

W3NvzFp.png

Not shown: the giant bears I teleported to the town gates, the giant voidspawn I teleported to the other town gates.

.... I now want to see this.

schlynch

Gamepad support is really bad atm. You can't use markers because you can't enter any text and placing an empty marker is not possible. The Delay Turn Skill seems to be missing and the only option is to end the turn. The Toggle Tooltips (toggle for the ALT function on keyboard) resets in random moments, so you always have to check if it is showing the items around you or not. The problem is you can't be sure when there are no items around... resulting in pressing the shitty button over and over again. Hope that's all... I'm just after the introduction and there are already that many problems.

If anybody has an idea how to delay a turn or set a marker with the gamepad... maybe I'm just to dumb to figure it out.

Lanrutcon

.... I now want to see this.

It took the entire town of Driftwood to kill that thing. Everyone without magic armor spent the entire combat running around in terror.

Also: teleported a certain bigot on the Driftwood docks all the way north to a really angry source master, who then proceeded to disassemble him.

Late Act 2 Spoilers, Involving a certain Scaly Source Master...

She's the first openly non-evil source master I have met, who just asked me to save her apprentice for her. She wasn't even mad that I just let him go off with his family!
What a nice lady.

Then she says she can teach me more source powers by "connecting me to the natural world". Awesome says I, the other teachers were gross and crazy. So I hop right on the Sure! Show me the way master! and then...

*The rush of power through your body- through your very soul- surprises and delights.
You feel stronger. More capable. You have take one more step towards ultimate power....
You have broken a bond with the natural world. The voices of the beasts grow silent...
you can no longer speak to animals.
And the woods are quiet. The creatures of the forest are all dead...*

GOD DAMN. Normally something like that and I'd instantly reload my save but... this feels like excellent character development. Well damn done Larian.

ValfarHL

There's no downside to running 4 origin characters. Make sure to get Fane and Ifan. Ifan in particular is hilarious. I've lost count of the amount of times I've gotten special dialogue from him when dealing with the criminal element. It's usually variations of "Look at my face reeeeeeal careful like, and then say that again.".

Edit: also, charm arrows are in fact made with honey. Who thought that was a good idea? I now have 60.

I think I'd really appreciate both Ifan and Beast in my party. But that would mean giving up on Red Prince and Lohse. :( I'm not a big fan of Lohse's personality, but her quest seems very cool. Damn you Larian for giving me all these difficult choices!

Top Bottom