• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity Original Sin 2 Sales are to a Good Start

Ploid 3.0

Nice, I'm surprised it's doing so well on steam with a GOG option, though I think I saw that the steam version doesn't have drm as well, so why not get it there if you are tied into the steam community.

Nice, I'm surprised it's doing so well on steam with a GOG option, though I think I saw that the steam version doesn't have drm as well, so why not get it there if you are tied into the steam community.

Bought mine on GOG even though steam would have been way more convenient. Just trying to support a seemingly more open platform and give Valve a bit of competition.

But all in all really happy for Larian and game has been fantastic so far.

StereoVsn

Amazing. Faith in humanity restored.

Because it's not full price in the first place. Unless if you're on console, perhaps.

Though I believe they should've given at least a 50% for this D:OS 2 launch week.
Yeah, discount on D:OS 1, a small discount to D:OS2 for owners of D:OS1, and D:OS 1&2 pack at a small discount. These options would have been good options to push more folks to buy.

That said, 85K is outstanding. I wouldn't be too surprised at this point to see this break 500K mid next week. At full price that is a really good debut for an isometric, turn-based, PC only CRPG that is actually quite challenging. Then again, people do love Dark Souls :).

Lady Gaia

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Divinity: Original Sin and can't wait for the sequel to hit consoles. Glad to hear it's off to a reasonable start with PC sales and glad to hear the positive buzz about the game even through I'm avoiding most coverage to minimize spoilers.

Intru

18 hours in, this game is amazing so far. The feeling of discovery in this game is great, and the sidequests reward you properly. It feels like there's always something new to find.

I highly recommend it if you like RPGs. It's tough at first, just make sure you're buying new skills.

Usobuko

Banned
Is there any figures for the PS4 version of the first game?

Maybe it hits 2M LTD combined platforms afterall and that's a pretty good number. Very respectable AA-tier number.

RevenWolf

CRPGs are my favourite genre and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how many are coming out recently.

I remember that for years the only one available to play that I had access to had been neverwinter nights 2.

Also really happy for the developers! I loved Divinty 2 (jankiness included) and dragon commander.

Dinjooh

Good news for consoles too.
I definitely want to play this game but prefer to do that on PS4 like the first one.

Currently playing through it with two DS4 hooked up to the PC, so it's much like playing it on the PS4 except for some few quirks here and there.

Will definitely get it again when it launches on console though.

According to steamspy DOS2 sold 350K copies
http://steamspy.com/app/435150

According to Eurogamer on the other hand it has sold nearly 500k copies already.

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-0...-2-roars-out-of-the-gates-to-nearly-500k-sold

So the game supposedly sold over 100K copies DRM-Free? That's quite impressive, nearly 25%.

500k sold!

tenor.gif

Lucifon

Also played about 12 hours but this might be my Game of the Year too. It's completely sucked me in, I love the world, characters, black humour and overall story so far. The depth is absurd and I can already see myself having a blast playing a second time through with a friend.

Chaos17

Didn't play the first I feel like I have missed out on some of the finer details people in the world more or less assume you already know the world, apart from that the story is self contained.

Just read the books and npcs dialog, their stories are better than the story of Divinity 1, lol

Now these are truly excellent numbers. It warms my heart to see an old-school cRPG become such a success. I've been supporting Larian and the Divinity series since the beginning and boy has it paid off!

Donos

D:OS on PS4 was awesome and i'm glad that they have success with the second one on PC. Hope they can generate enough to make a decent PS4/XB1 port. They really spearheaded good RPG porting to PS4/XB1.

Bandini

Cool, we bought two copies. Got about a dozen hours in so far, having a lot of fun playing co-op with my wife. We experimented a bit with classes early in but have settled on her playing a cleric and a battlemage and me playing a tank and a 2hander. Very similar to what we played in D1.

We're murdering ALL the Magisters now and exploring a bit out of town, finally getting some decent gear. We definitely had some tough fights early on, may have bit off a bit too much at the time

I'm so glad these game are very successful for Larian. They are the perfect direction for this type of top down RPG. Constant refinement of their tools and tech can only lead to greater things. I hope they continue to just keep iterating and don't try other licenses(though their own is so successful I don't know why they would). I'll back another in a heartbeat.

StereoVsn

Sales are up to 380K... at full price and only on Steam, not counting GoG. I know Eurogamer said 500K but it's good to see the numbers keep going up.

deleted

Nice Numbers, it's already past PoE original launch numbers and they had a publisher on board.

Happy to see the genre alive and well - I was worried that interest died off after the the initial revive and the two big kickstarters being completed.

StereoVsn

Nice Numbers, it's already past PoE original launch numbers and they had a publisher on board.

Happy to see the genre alive and well - I was worried that interest died off after the the initial revive and the two big kickstarters being completed.
Surprisingly the first game sold better then PoE as well. Anyway, good to see sales climbing up. I can see the game hitting 500K by the weeks end which would be pretty great.

Would love to hear from Larian on how the sales are doing from their perspective.

kswiston

Surprisingly the first game sold better then PoE as well. Anyway, good to see sales climbing up. I can see the game hitting 500K by the weeks end which would be pretty great.

Would love to hear from Larian on how the sales are doing from their perspective.

Original Sin was better than PoE, and had the advantage of not being directly compared to Baldurs Gate 2. So WOM built quick, and it had way fewer dissenting voices.

They already put out a statement when they announced 500k sales on Sunday. Said the it was good that they were selling so far beyond their expectations but the bad side was that they weren't ready for that load on their servers.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Good stuff. I hope Pillars 2 has good sales as well. As long as interest/sales remain high we should keep seeing these kinds of games getting made. I really don't want the CRPG renaissance to only last a few years.

Bought it on GOG, so I contributed to the sales figures there.

But so far, 4-5h into, I feel like it's kinda dull. I love that there's many different ways to solve the quests, but the story and the characters doesn't do that much for me. And I wish that not every single battle would errupt in everyone setting the whole scene on fire.

StereoVsn

The game hit about 500K on Steam. That's not counting GoG. This is pretty awesome considering it's only been a bit over a week at full price.

Top Bottom