• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

cjelly said:
It's because they're already working on DJ Hero 2.

Don't why you're so surprised.
GH6 and BH2 are in development. There's still more than 3 GH DLC tracks a month. DJ DLC is obviously a lot riskier and more expensive. They're testing the market just like they did with GH2 and 3, and I doubt they'll ever ramp it up.

In stupid news, the hyperspeed code for the game is out (76ST), and it DISABLES SAVING OR ONLINE PLAY. Freestyle Games, get the fuck out of here.

Jtrizzy

if they are going to sell dlc in packs that force me to buy mixes I don't want, then I'd prefer just waiting for the next disc. With the first pack, I only want one of the songs...so I'm not buying it.

birdman

TheGreatDave said:
In stupid news, the hyperspeed code for the game is out (76ST), and it DISABLES SAVING OR ONLINE PLAY. Freestyle Games, get the fuck out of here.

Just wait till DJ Hero 2!

birdman

TheGreatDave said:
Adjustable hyperspeed that's saved after reboots and doesn't disable all the things that make the game fun? Sounds fun!

They'll learn their lesson the second time around. Hell, remember the jump from GH1 to GH2?

birdman said:
They'll learn their lesson the second time around. Hell, remember the jump from GH1 to GH2?

There's no excuse for including an option like hyperspeed then making it shitty and worthless though. If you have the knowledge to know it's a good addition, surely you know not to fuck up it's implementation.

mr stroke said:
thanks

it looks like you can buy stand alone turntables on Guitar Hero store for $69.99 now(way over priced IMO)

can I play every mode/song with two people? or is it select songs like using a second guitar?

you can play all songs and at different difficulties.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I sure do enjoy this game a lot. I snagged it for $84ish on Amazon when they had that brief price drop. I really wish this had come out before people got burned out on plastic toys :lol as I think it's a quality game and feels DIFFERENT than the others. Surprisingly wonderful, mechanics are sound, and I recommend the hell out of it to everyone, regardless of music tastes. The mechanics are just that damn fun.

Sunflower said:
I sure do enjoy this game a lot. I snagged it for $84ish on Amazon when they had that brief price drop. I really wish this had come out before people got burned out on plastic toys :lol as I think it's a quality game and feels DIFFERENT than the others. Surprisingly wonderful, mechanics are sound, and I recommend the hell out of it to everyone, regardless of music tastes. The mechanics are just that damn fun.
Yeah I agree. It is a shame a lot of people won't try this (either because of the price, peripheral burnout, or hatred of Activision), they're missing out.

Rahk

Picked this up the other day during a sale and I'm really enjoying it. I prefer it to the guitar in GH/RB. Played through all the songs on hard and started expert. I can see those scratches getting annoying later.

Rahk said:
Picked this up the other day during a sale and I'm really enjoying it. I prefer it to the guitar in GH/RB. Played through all the songs on hard and started expert. I can see those scratches getting annoying later.

Scratches actually get a lot more fun in Expert, since they're directional. Hard at first, but much more fun once you get used to it.

Oh i found it. It's Rocketfish DJ Hero Stand.

9556349_sa.jpg

1up

Havent heard any news for December DLC. That sucks. Looks like all their focus is on DJ Hero 2 now. :(

1up said:
Havent heard any news for December DLC. That sucks. Looks like all their focus is on DJ Hero 2 now. :(
already ?!?
That would be a shame. If they don't at least give us the option to export our DJ Hero 1 songs they will never have my money again ! NEVER. I paid 200€ for the renegade edition hoping for good support of the game with descent and regular DLC. What are they doing ?

Rahk

I think I'd prefer them to work on the sequel instead of DLC, considering how expensive it is.

DrAndonuts said:
Scratches actually get a lot more fun in Expert, since they're directional. Hard at first, but much more fun once you get used to it.
I figured that might be the case. I can see that scratching in time would be more fun than just doing it randomly. I guess it will just take a bit of time to get used to.

Number 2 said:
Sorry but i find it hard to believe that support for the game is being dropped after what? One month? Thats a little ridiculous, imo.
They're not dropping support. Like I said they were going to wait to see how the 1st two packs did.

Gav

Anyone else had any controller problems?

Last couple of days when im playing, it seems to just drop the scratches every now and again, as if im not scratching at all. Maks it difficult to 5 star anything if my multiplier drops everytime i scratch.

Tokubetsu

So a friend of mine loaned the game while he's gone on a cruise for most of the month and I've fallen in love. I didn't expect to like a lot of the mixes I do and it's just fun.

Lan_97

So apparently I just won a DJ Hero Trial Kit from some sweepstakes promotion they were running a while back. Then I noticed that the trial kit looks like 360 only (from promo shots and on ebay). I only have a PS3.

:(

LegoDad

Lan_97 said:
So apparently I just won a DJ Hero Trial Kit from some sweepstakes promotion they were running a while back. Then I noticed that the trial kit looks like 360 only (from promo shots and on ebay). I only have a PS3.

:(

The Trial Kit is the same thing that is at best buy..

Jtrizzy said:
If they weren't being douches with the DLC and selling it in packs, I'd buy some of the original songs.
Yeah in this day and age it's pretty unreasonable. Having all of the DLC songs, there's only really one worth a buy and that's Guetta's When Love Takes Over.

Slacker

Small question: Can you choose different settings for the background stuff? In a few of the videos I've watched the dancers were a little lascivious, and I don't want to get hollered at for playing this while the kids are wandering by. ;)

Slacker said:
Small question: Can you choose different settings for the background stuff? In a few of the videos I've watched the dancers were a little lascivious, and I don't want to get hollered at for playing this while the kids are wandering by. ;)

For every setlist you get to pick a set. And as far as I can remember there's only one or two sets (out of like 6 sets?) that have those rave girls.

Slacker

GAZERK said:
For every setlist you get to pick a set. And as far as I can remember there's only one or two sets (out of like 6 sets?) that have those rave girls.
Sweet, thanks home-dawg. I'm hoping to pick this up after Christmas when the retailers realize they have huge stacks left and don't know WTF to do with them. :D

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Slacker said:
Sweet, thanks home-dawg. I'm hoping to pick this up after Christmas when the retailers realize they have huge stacks left and don't know WTF to do with them. :D

That time is more or less now.

I've seen stacks and stacks at retailers all over NYC and the suburbs. They are for all systems, but I've seen a sick amount of PS2 versions lying about... I didn't even realize this game came out on the PS2.

The dancers are based on venues, not the sets you play.
There's nothing there that is bad for kids eyes either!

I'd say the beach venue has the 'least' dressed of the dancers, but i really wouldn't worry about it unless your wife is someone who doesn't let your kids go to the beach in case they see someone in a bikini.

Top Bottom